Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 163869 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:46 - Sep 29 with 13693 viewsDr_Parnassus

Just so everyone tuning in is fully up to date with breaking news that will probably feature in the debates, there is some serious stories emerging from Minneapolis of Democrat voter fraud.

Project Veritas have released video evidence and witness statements of vote harvesting and votes for cash. One person said how old people’s homes were being visited by people and their ballots taken or bought. They were mainly focussed on the Somali community care homes.

One of the vote harvesting racketeers boasted that he had 300 ballots in his car and showed them to the camera. This may have some serious implications and will no doubt be mentioned tomorrow.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/09/27/project-veritas-uncovers-b

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:26 - Sep 29 with 13683 viewsGroo

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 01:46 - Sep 29 by Dr_Parnassus

Just so everyone tuning in is fully up to date with breaking news that will probably feature in the debates, there is some serious stories emerging from Minneapolis of Democrat voter fraud.

Project Veritas have released video evidence and witness statements of vote harvesting and votes for cash. One person said how old people’s homes were being visited by people and their ballots taken or bought. They were mainly focussed on the Somali community care homes.

One of the vote harvesting racketeers boasted that he had 300 ballots in his car and showed them to the camera. This may have some serious implications and will no doubt be mentioned tomorrow.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/09/27/project-veritas-uncovers-b

Serious question.

Have you only got one eye?

Groo does what Groo does best

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:37 - Sep 29 with 13684 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:26 - Sep 29 by Groo

Serious question.

Have you only got one eye?

Unsure what you mean? Are you saying Ilhan Omar is a Republican?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 06:49 - Sep 29 with 13651 viewsNotLoyal

Excellent Doc.
"un dialogue de sourds" it may well be but interest is high.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:13 - Sep 29 with 13645 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 06:49 - Sep 29 by NotLoyal

Excellent Doc.
"un dialogue de sourds" it may well be but interest is high.

Not up to your standard of match day threads but its a cheap knock off.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:38 - Sep 29 with 13583 viewsCatullus

I won't be watching, seems fairly pointless to me, I haven't got a vote.

Although I am far from a Trump fan seems to me the Uk will be better off if Trump wins because Biden is pro EU. So come on the Donald! At least for long enough to get a trade deal done.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:46 - Sep 29 with 13582 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Biden has already said he won't take a drug test before or after the debate.
He also needs to be checked for an earpiece, which he has been using in his so called electioneering.
Personally I think that they should check his fingerprints and DNA to ensure it is actually the senile old goat we have been seeing make gaffe after gaffe on screen.
He will already have been provided with all the questions and correct answers a la Clinton in 2016.
Plus Chris Wallace is on Biden's side as well, who will make it as tough for the President as he can.
ie interrupting him, cutting him off, cutting his time, disallowing questions etc.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:40 - Sep 29 with 13560 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Expectations are so low for Biden that anything better than a car crash will be seen as a triumph.

I doubt many will change their vote though, people seem very entrenched and are unlikely to change sides whatever happens.

Whatever happened to the American tradition of a bipartisan approach to many important bills resulting in discussion, debate and compromise before a bill that all could vote for was produced?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:40 - Sep 29 with 13560 viewsKilkennyjack

🇺🇸✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:45 - Sep 29 with 13554 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:40 - Sep 29 by Joe_bradshaw

Expectations are so low for Biden that anything better than a car crash will be seen as a triumph.

I doubt many will change their vote though, people seem very entrenched and are unlikely to change sides whatever happens.

Whatever happened to the American tradition of a bipartisan approach to many important bills resulting in discussion, debate and compromise before a bill that all could vote for was produced?

The Democrats and RINOS hate President Trump so much they try to block anything he does for the country.
The latest being withholding relief for COVID-19.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 14:17 - Sep 29 with 13519 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:45 - Sep 29 by A_Fans_Dad

The Democrats and RINOS hate President Trump so much they try to block anything he does for the country.
The latest being withholding relief for COVID-19.

What have you forgotten Moscow Mitch's asshattery to Obama?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:49 - Sep 29 with 13449 viewsshingle

Well this is of great interest to me as i have a small amount invested on Biden having a stroke live on air during the run up to the election.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:01 - Sep 29 with 13438 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:49 - Sep 29 by shingle

Well this is of great interest to me as i have a small amount invested on Biden having a stroke live on air during the run up to the election.

Do bookmakers take bets on things like that and are you saying that you would take pleasure in another human being having a stroke?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:11 - Sep 29 with 13425 viewsHighjack

Don’t think any kids will be present.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:28 - Sep 29 with 13421 viewsCatullus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:11 - Sep 29 by Highjack

Don’t think any kids will be present.

I'd pictured something similar to Police Academy.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 19:49 - Sep 29 with 13408 viewsNotLoyal

When shingle turns up on the new site you know you are winning.

OK I've changed it.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:48 - Sep 29 with 13295 viewsDr_Parnassus

Some news on the requests this morning.

Biden’s team requested a break every 30 mins - this was refused by the Trump team.

Trump’s team requested the two be checked for hidden earpieces - this was refused by Biden’s team.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:02 - Sep 30 with 13292 viewsDr_Parnassus

What a shame. They cheated this way in 2016 too, Donna Brazile admitted she sent them on to the Clinton campaign.

Hardly worth watching now, I still will out of morbid curiosity but may explain why Biden has been pulled away from his campaign days recently, must have been like going back to school for him.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:21 - Sep 30 with 13259 viewsDr_Parnassus

Well the first 10 mins is a terrible watch, Chris Wallace constantly interrupting the President and cutting him off.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 02:49 - Sep 30 with 13250 viewsDr_Parnassus

47 mins in.

Continues to be horrific viewing. Chris Wallace has absolutely destroyed the debate and babied Biden throughout. He has allowed Biden to avoid the question twice regarding filling the Supreme Court. That’s a vital question that a moderator really needs to be ensuring he answers.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:02 - Sep 30 with 13248 viewsDr_Parnassus

Looks like I’m not the only one to be utterly shocked by the standards of moderation in this debate

[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 3:22]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 03:58 - Sep 30 with 13227 viewsDr_Parnassus

Debate concluded. Was not a very good one for either candidate, lots of shouting, lots of name calling, lots of interrupting.

Biden did surprisingly well, but he did have some great help from Chris Wallace, especially when he kept jumping in when Biden was on the ropes. Frustrating debate.

I would say however that more neutrals may have been swayed to vote Biden than Trump after that. It really did seem like he was debating Wallace more than Biden at times, a point The President actually made halfway through.

Will probably see some more come out about the performance of Wallace in the coming hours.

Probably 1-0 Biden.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 3:59]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:15 - Sep 30 with 13175 viewsGwyn737

You’ve got to ask what was the point in that debate?

If it’s supposed to sway voters the whole thing failed miserably. I do have some sympathy for Wallace as I’m not sure anyone could have moderated that shouting match effectively.

It’s was probably Biden’s night, but only because he’s put the whole’doddery’ thing to bed. It wasn’t due to content.

Trumps Proud Boys comment will do the rounds for a while too.

That’s it.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:39 - Sep 30 with 13170 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:15 - Sep 30 by Gwyn737

You’ve got to ask what was the point in that debate?

If it’s supposed to sway voters the whole thing failed miserably. I do have some sympathy for Wallace as I’m not sure anyone could have moderated that shouting match effectively.

It’s was probably Biden’s night, but only because he’s put the whole’doddery’ thing to bed. It wasn’t due to content.

Trumps Proud Boys comment will do the rounds for a while too.

That’s it.

The questions were framed horrifically to Trump, quite intentionally. Wallace changed “critical race theory” to “racial sensitivity training”, and asked Trump why he got rid of it.

Country being burned down by extremist groups and traps Trump into a corner by asking him about white supremacist groups. He either answers and gives the question legitimacy (after repeatedly denouncing them previously) or refuses to answer and whips the left up into a frenzy. The question should have been to Biden asking him to denounce ANTIFA and BLM violence, but he got away completely free. Was very dishonest.

You are right in the fact we didn’t get much from it and not sure how many people will be swayed but if anyone is then it will be towards the Democrats in my opinion. I’m sure he expected some one sided treatment from Wallace but think the level of it took him by surprise, it really was shocking.

It was unfortunately just a bit of a slanging match between 3 debating parties instead of an informative discussion between 2.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:16 - Sep 30 with 13136 viewsNotLoyal

I've watched it, was Biden reading from a screen, he looked too intense when talking.
Both did themselves no justice.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024