Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170344 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:55 - Oct 11 with 1092 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:45 - Oct 11 by Catullus

If you're not getting your info from the tv, internent or newspapers, then how did you watch anything live?
I don't pay much attention to polls either really, I often point out how wrong they have been and even when I link to a poll I usually qualify it with "if you trust/believe polls"

I tell my son to be careful where he gets his info from,to be careful what to believe and not accept another psersons opinion as fact until he's checked it out which involves using media of some kind.
You can't get any information without using media of some kind. It's still a fact that won't change, we choose what we want to believe and that's according to our own personal bias that develops and changes through our lives.

Don’t be obtuse Catullus, we are talking about the media.

The TV itself isn’t media now is it, it’s an electrical device. Watching an event live is not filtering that event through a journalists bias and then forming an opinion... which is the discussion.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:56 - Oct 11 with 1092 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:45 - Oct 11 by Catullus

If you're not getting your info from the tv, internent or newspapers, then how did you watch anything live?
I don't pay much attention to polls either really, I often point out how wrong they have been and even when I link to a poll I usually qualify it with "if you trust/believe polls"

I tell my son to be careful where he gets his info from,to be careful what to believe and not accept another psersons opinion as fact until he's checked it out which involves using media of some kind.
You can't get any information without using media of some kind. It's still a fact that won't change, we choose what we want to believe and that's according to our own personal bias that develops and changes through our lives.

My information comes from the internet as there is no other way to obtain originally sourced material.
For legal matters I use court documents, official police, DOJ, FBI reports and or original video when available.
For science matters I use any site that will provide analysis of original data, wherever that comes from.
To get to thet data you normally cannot use the MSM as they make no reference to it.
You have search for it.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:58 - Oct 11 with 1085 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 15:56 - Oct 11 by A_Fans_Dad

My information comes from the internet as there is no other way to obtain originally sourced material.
For legal matters I use court documents, official police, DOJ, FBI reports and or original video when available.
For science matters I use any site that will provide analysis of original data, wherever that comes from.
To get to thet data you normally cannot use the MSM as they make no reference to it.
You have search for it.

It’s an electrical device, you aren’t allowed apparently.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:10 - Oct 11 with 1072 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 05:20 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

There is no difficulty countering printed facts. I have told you time and time again, let’s have a discussion. In order to have a discussion you have to understand what it is you are bringing up, which you don’t.

If during the discussion, I ask you to back up what you are saying then feel free to add a link, but at the moment your contribution seems to be finding any link you can and expecting others to read it and guess which part you are referring to in order to explain to you why it’s nonsense (and it usually is).

If you are asked to explain what you mean you say “I can’t be bothered”. So I find it amazing you expect to have a discussion without actually having one, it’s bizarre. I tried that with your link regarding Cambridge Analytica (which you didn’t understand either), then once I pointed it out you failed to address it again. That’s not a conversation, that’s free tuition.

I have already addressed the banks issue (none of which say Biden is the way forward btw) - you failed to respond to me twice. That’s the issue in expecting a discussion while refusing to offer one. It’s not realistic.

If you wish to have a discussion then let’s have one. Although you don’t seem capable of that so far, you are up to what now? 35 links? And you haven’t been able to discuss a single one of them. It’s like Groundhog Day.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 6:02]

Rubbish.

As I've explained countless times I post links for those who are interested and open in mind to read, digest and form their own opinion.

Your answer on Cambridge analytica was flawed as I pointed out by referencing how many people lap up and retweet Darranfrom Plymouth or, indeed, the many bot accounts spewing division, propaganda & lies.

Your answer on banks was to ask me if I knew who Goldman Sachs are and stated that if I did it would be obvious why they did side with Biden.

As i've also said this ain't a debating club and any discussion with you is doomed as you are disengenuous, dismissive and biased in fact every trait you've claimed others have are exhibited by yourself.

I'll post how I like, get used to it.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:23 - Oct 11 with 1056 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:10 - Oct 11 by DJack

Rubbish.

As I've explained countless times I post links for those who are interested and open in mind to read, digest and form their own opinion.

Your answer on Cambridge analytica was flawed as I pointed out by referencing how many people lap up and retweet Darranfrom Plymouth or, indeed, the many bot accounts spewing division, propaganda & lies.

Your answer on banks was to ask me if I knew who Goldman Sachs are and stated that if I did it would be obvious why they did side with Biden.

As i've also said this ain't a debating club and any discussion with you is doomed as you are disengenuous, dismissive and biased in fact every trait you've claimed others have are exhibited by yourself.

I'll post how I like, get used to it.

It’s not rubbish. I have continually offered to have a discussion on any of the subjects, you have refused each time or ignored the response. You then tell me I am having difficulty responding to the links. You couldn’t make it up.

Again, I will happily have a discussion on any political subject you like. But you have to understand what you are talking about and you must make the discussion clear. Dumping a link and then saying you can’t be bothered to explain is not a discussion.

My answer on Cambridge Analytica was not flawed at all, it was perfectly accurate. You isolated the black portion to make it sound as if it was racial oppression as opposed to internet campaigning to everyone, mostly whites. So you were either race baiting by misleading the discussion or you are suggesting black people are easily impressionable and the vote was swung because black people got swayed by some Facebook ads.

I asked you if you knew who Goldman Sachs was and asked you why you thought they would say to their investors that a win for Biden wouldn’t be as bad as Trump says. You ignored me.

If it’s not a debating club then why are you expecting me to give an in depth riposte to every crazy link you post when you refuse to understand or debate them yourself? That’s an unrealistic expectation and standard of discourse.

But you know that.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:39 - Oct 11 with 1036 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:23 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s not rubbish. I have continually offered to have a discussion on any of the subjects, you have refused each time or ignored the response. You then tell me I am having difficulty responding to the links. You couldn’t make it up.

Again, I will happily have a discussion on any political subject you like. But you have to understand what you are talking about and you must make the discussion clear. Dumping a link and then saying you can’t be bothered to explain is not a discussion.

My answer on Cambridge Analytica was not flawed at all, it was perfectly accurate. You isolated the black portion to make it sound as if it was racial oppression as opposed to internet campaigning to everyone, mostly whites. So you were either race baiting by misleading the discussion or you are suggesting black people are easily impressionable and the vote was swung because black people got swayed by some Facebook ads.

I asked you if you knew who Goldman Sachs was and asked you why you thought they would say to their investors that a win for Biden wouldn’t be as bad as Trump says. You ignored me.

If it’s not a debating club then why are you expecting me to give an in depth riposte to every crazy link you post when you refuse to understand or debate them yourself? That’s an unrealistic expectation and standard of discourse.

But you know that.

Did you not read this bit...

"As I've explained countless times I post links for those who are interested and open in mind to read, digest and form their own opinion. "

I'm not too interested in "debating" with you for the same reasons many others have pointed out i.e. your deabating style is not debating. However I will not let you post your garbage without some sort of reply.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:43 - Oct 11 with 1032 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:39 - Oct 11 by DJack

Did you not read this bit...

"As I've explained countless times I post links for those who are interested and open in mind to read, digest and form their own opinion. "

I'm not too interested in "debating" with you for the same reasons many others have pointed out i.e. your deabating style is not debating. However I will not let you post your garbage without some sort of reply.

Nope I read it. But that contradicts what you said regarding me finding it difficult to respond to them.

There is no difficulty there because there is no discussion there. If you want me to respond to them then you need to discuss them. The ones I have discussed you seem to have a lack of understanding of, I can only assume that is the same for all 35-40 links.

If you think people are trawling through this thread and clicking on your links then God knows what that says about your mental state.

You have no idea what is garbage or not. You want to be on the other side, you don’t know why or what it represents, so you dump links you don’t understand and hope there is a point in there somewhere. Until you understand the topic you are not qualified to deduce what is or isn’t garbage... just what you want to be garbage. But the difference is stark.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:49 - Oct 11 with 1031 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:43 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Nope I read it. But that contradicts what you said regarding me finding it difficult to respond to them.

There is no difficulty there because there is no discussion there. If you want me to respond to them then you need to discuss them. The ones I have discussed you seem to have a lack of understanding of, I can only assume that is the same for all 35-40 links.

If you think people are trawling through this thread and clicking on your links then God knows what that says about your mental state.

You have no idea what is garbage or not. You want to be on the other side, you don’t know why or what it represents, so you dump links you don’t understand and hope there is a point in there somewhere. Until you understand the topic you are not qualified to deduce what is or isn’t garbage... just what you want to be garbage. But the difference is stark.

"But that contradicts what you said regarding me finding it difficult to respond to them. "

NOPE.

That is just an additional observation as I've said previously this thread was intended as a vehicle for you to fluff Trump and show your "debating" prowess. It's funny, you've mentioned, a number of times, that you have no bias but to every sane person you exhibit a very conservative bias and you are as subjective as the worst of us.

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:54 - Oct 11 with 1026 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:49 - Oct 11 by DJack

"But that contradicts what you said regarding me finding it difficult to respond to them. "

NOPE.

That is just an additional observation as I've said previously this thread was intended as a vehicle for you to fluff Trump and show your "debating" prowess. It's funny, you've mentioned, a number of times, that you have no bias but to every sane person you exhibit a very conservative bias and you are as subjective as the worst of us.

It absolutely does.

If you don’t want a debate then you can’t expect a debate. So if we aren’t debating your links then how can I be finding it hard to respond?

You have absolutely no idea of my bias because you have no idea of my viewpoint. You have no idea of my viewpoints because you don’t understand your own viewpoints enough to get into a discussion with me.

It really is that simple.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:24 - Oct 11 with 1009 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 16:54 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

It absolutely does.

If you don’t want a debate then you can’t expect a debate. So if we aren’t debating your links then how can I be finding it hard to respond?

You have absolutely no idea of my bias because you have no idea of my viewpoint. You have no idea of my viewpoints because you don’t understand your own viewpoints enough to get into a discussion with me.

It really is that simple.

Haven't you realised yet, his viewpoint is to oppose.
He will find anything that opposes, regardless of the subject.
It is classic WUM and trolling behaviour.
But I have seen a lot worse.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:28 - Oct 11 with 1006 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:24 - Oct 11 by A_Fans_Dad

Haven't you realised yet, his viewpoint is to oppose.
He will find anything that opposes, regardless of the subject.
It is classic WUM and trolling behaviour.
But I have seen a lot worse.

Nah I know that, myself and DJack go way back. He has always done it.

He has had a chip on his shoulder with me for as long as I can remember. Whatever I say, he says the opposite, even if he doesn’t believe the opposite. Here for example, he hasn’t got the slightest clue what he’s posting about, so he just googles links instead.

He won’t change. But at least he is fairly civil with his trolling.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 17:30]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:30 - Oct 11 with 1002 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:28 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Nah I know that, myself and DJack go way back. He has always done it.

He has had a chip on his shoulder with me for as long as I can remember. Whatever I say, he says the opposite, even if he doesn’t believe the opposite. Here for example, he hasn’t got the slightest clue what he’s posting about, so he just googles links instead.

He won’t change. But at least he is fairly civil with his trolling.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 17:30]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:31 - Oct 11 with 996 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:30 - Oct 11 by DJack

Case in point.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:12 - Oct 11 with 981 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:14 - Oct 11 with 980 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:12 - Oct 11 by DJack

What a silly cartoon.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:18 - Oct 11 with 978 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:14 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

What a silly cartoon.

Here's another for you...

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:23 - Oct 11 with 975 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 18:18 - Oct 11 by DJack

Here's another for you...

Yep you are right, it is another silly cartoon.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:01 - Oct 11 with 950 viewsKilkennyjack

😂😂😂

The Donald - what a loser .....✊🏾

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:07 - Oct 11 with 942 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:01 - Oct 11 by Kilkennyjack

😂😂😂

Another that reads headlines.

Nobody was paid to go.

Candace Owens has a group called BLEXIT which is a movement to stop the crazy routine of the black community choosing Democrats by tradition.

In order for some people to attend, her campaign covered the travel and lodging expenses of people that were affiliated with the group that wanted to go.

Very nice of her I’m sure you will agree.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:10 - Oct 11 with 939 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 20:01 - Oct 11 by Kilkennyjack

😂😂😂

But not by the President, but by the Black Exit group and not to be there, but for their travel expenses.
Wow major big deal.
How about talking about all the rallies going on to support their President, cars, boats, trucks and thousands of people.
Biden a couple of dozen at a time at his rallies and half of them are reporters.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:20 - Oct 11 with 916 viewsDJack

Trumpian America, devoid of leadership...

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2029812

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:22 - Oct 11 with 915 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:20 - Oct 11 by DJack

Trumpian America, devoid of leadership...

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2029812

Wow you really are getting desperate

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:24 - Oct 11 with 913 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:22 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Wow you really are getting desperate

Says the bloke desperate to make Trump look good.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:26 - Oct 11 with 911 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:24 - Oct 11 by DJack

Says the bloke desperate to make Trump look good.

You don’t see me peppering the board with links.

His achievements do the talking without me needing to find every link I can about Biden to any obscure story or angle I haven’t read or understand.

Have another go...

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:28 - Oct 11 with 910 viewsDJack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:26 - Oct 11 by Dr_Parnassus

You don’t see me peppering the board with links.

His achievements do the talking without me needing to find every link I can about Biden to any obscure story or angle I haven’t read or understand.

Have another go...

No you pepper the board with unsubstantiated guff... have another try but maybe use a source with facts or direct quotes in the correct context.

Food now, I'll laugh at your pathetic response later.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024