Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 169312 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:37 - Oct 2 with 1493 viewsGwyn737

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 21:41 - Oct 2 by trampie

I think we would have been better off with Corbyn and Hillary, that's if Hillary did not start any wars, she would not be Putin's puppet unlike Trump.

I’m not sure about that tramp. Clinton has so much baggage and Corbyn has proved that ideology is not enough.

I’m probably a natural Labour voter but could never support Corbyn.

Actually, I probably would have as a 20 year old but not as a grown up.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:06 - Oct 2 with 1463 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 17:23 - Oct 2 by trampie

Is Trump fit to be President ?

The best President I can remember in my life time.

Without question.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:11 - Oct 3 with 1422 viewsKerouac

WALLACE (to Biden):
You talked about "re-imagining policing". What does re-imagining policing mean? and do you support the BLM call for community control of policing?

BIDEN:
They (Police Officers) need, when they show up for a 9/11 call, to have someone with them who is a psychologist or a psychiatrist to keep them from having to use force..

TRUMP:
They are talking about defunding the police. He doesn't have any law support. He doesn't have any local law support...

BIDEN:
That's not true...

TRUMP:
Oh really? Who do you have? Name one group that supports you. Name one.

BIDEN:
We don't have time.

TRUMP:
No, no, think...we have time. NAME ONE LAW ENFORCEMENT GROUP THAT CAME OUT AND SUPPORTED YOU?

...silence from Joe and Wallace jumps in to save him.

Absolutely pitiful.

Can any supporters of the Democrats at this election please tell me how much money it will cost to put a trained psychologist in every cop car?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 0:13]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:49 - Oct 3 with 1403 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 00:11 - Oct 3 by Kerouac

WALLACE (to Biden):
You talked about "re-imagining policing". What does re-imagining policing mean? and do you support the BLM call for community control of policing?

BIDEN:
They (Police Officers) need, when they show up for a 9/11 call, to have someone with them who is a psychologist or a psychiatrist to keep them from having to use force..

TRUMP:
They are talking about defunding the police. He doesn't have any law support. He doesn't have any local law support...

BIDEN:
That's not true...

TRUMP:
Oh really? Who do you have? Name one group that supports you. Name one.

BIDEN:
We don't have time.

TRUMP:
No, no, think...we have time. NAME ONE LAW ENFORCEMENT GROUP THAT CAME OUT AND SUPPORTED YOU?

...silence from Joe and Wallace jumps in to save him.

Absolutely pitiful.

Can any supporters of the Democrats at this election please tell me how much money it will cost to put a trained psychologist in every cop car?
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 0:13]

Practicalities don’t matter to them.

However back of a fag packet maths. 800,000 officers. One psychologist per car of 2 officers.

400,000 psychologists. $75,000 average salary maybe?

Oh.. just the $30 billion in salary alone without touching upon having to upgrade stations and work environments with a 50% influx of staff or the extras such as pension contributions and insurance.

Will be fine I’m sure.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 0:51]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:03 - Oct 3 with 1336 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 22:37 - Oct 2 by Gwyn737

I’m not sure about that tramp. Clinton has so much baggage and Corbyn has proved that ideology is not enough.

I’m probably a natural Labour voter but could never support Corbyn.

Actually, I probably would have as a 20 year old but not as a grown up.

Hillary is intelligent, Corbyn sympathetic.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 07:12 - Oct 3 with 1327 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 23:06 - Oct 2 by Dr_Parnassus

The best President I can remember in my life time.

Without question.

Is he fit to stand, fit in both senses of the word, if you followed this and his last election you might have understood, he talks negatively about opponents health.
I think he is the worst President that I can remember.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:03 - Oct 3 with 1308 viewsBest_loser

What a flop this thread is

BIden clearly won the first debate despite a fox news moderator being far too lenient with trump

As usual trump behaved like a child and once again showed the whole world why he is unfit to be a president
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:16 - Oct 3 with 1296 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:03 - Oct 3 by Best_loser

BIden clearly won the first debate despite a fox news moderator being far too lenient with trump

As usual trump behaved like a child and once again showed the whole world why he is unfit to be a president

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:20 - Oct 3 with 1289 viewstrampie

I wish that the debates stand for more with the voting public than they do, many thought that Hillary won every debate against Trump but did not win the election, Bojo poor at debates but got voted in over here.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 8:21]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:27 - Oct 3 with 1278 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:20 - Oct 3 by trampie

I wish that the debates stand for more with the voting public than they do, many thought that Hillary won every debate against Trump but did not win the election, Bojo poor at debates but got voted in over here.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 8:21]

It's very rare you get people actually voting the way they actually see it, I would take no notice of polls like that. Politics, especially in the US to many people is like a football team.

Look at the polls on various football teams sits. Cardiff do a poll every week of who is going to win, them or their opposition. It could be Man City and it would say 70% Cardiff no doubt.

The debates do have an impact, but not for the reasons of changing people's minds, more for conducting a media narrative for something within them for x amount of weeks, which may then sway people.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:02 - Oct 3 with 1263 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 08:27 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

It's very rare you get people actually voting the way they actually see it, I would take no notice of polls like that. Politics, especially in the US to many people is like a football team.

Look at the polls on various football teams sits. Cardiff do a poll every week of who is going to win, them or their opposition. It could be Man City and it would say 70% Cardiff no doubt.

The debates do have an impact, but not for the reasons of changing people's minds, more for conducting a media narrative for something within them for x amount of weeks, which may then sway people.

Cardiff posts are on a Cardiff site, on a UK site it would be a different matter.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:04 - Oct 3 with 1260 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:02 - Oct 3 by trampie

Cardiff posts are on a Cardiff site, on a UK site it would be a different matter.

Indeed but a lot of these polls are on partizan news networks. It's no different.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:10 - Oct 3 with 1252 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:04 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Indeed but a lot of these polls are on partizan news networks. It's no different.

You only had to watch to realise that Hillary was in a much higher league intellectually to Trump and easily out performed him.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:19 - Oct 3 with 1243 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:10 - Oct 3 by trampie

You only had to watch to realise that Hillary was in a much higher league intellectually to Trump and easily out performed him.

The debates aren't about intellect. It was fairly close but Trump edged them for me.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:24 - Oct 3 with 1228 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:19 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

The debates aren't about intellect. It was fairly close but Trump edged them for me.

I go along with the consensus view that Hillary won the debates with ease.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:26 - Oct 3 with 1220 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:24 - Oct 3 by trampie

Sure, you are welcome to do that. But as I said polls are rarely reliable in these things, don't know why people conduct them.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:30 - Oct 3 with 1212 viewsKilkennyjack

👏👏👏☝️

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:31 - Oct 3 with 1209 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:19 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

😂😂😂

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:32 - Oct 3 with 1208 viewstrampie

Trump is so poor at debating that I would say your average person from Neath would beat him in a debate.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:33 - Oct 3 with 1208 viewsKilkennyjack

🤷‍♂️

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:34 - Oct 3 with 1207 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:32 - Oct 3 by trampie

Trump is so poor at debating that I would say your average person from Neath would beat him in a debate.

100 per cent, the Fake News President is full of wind and piiss

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:41 - Oct 3 with 1203 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:32 - Oct 3 by trampie

Maybe about scaffolding, doubtful about politics.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:48 - Oct 3 with 1177 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 09:24 - Oct 3 by trampie

The concensus view.

As in the democrat and globalist controlled media consensus.
I am not sure if you really are a Clinton lover or just WUM, but either way you talk a load of MSM inspired rubbish.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:51 - Oct 3 with 1174 viewsA_Fans_Dad

"despite a fox news moderator being far too lenient with trump "
Since when is a moderator supposed to argue with a debater and take sides.
You obviously watched a completely different debate.
As to Trump being childish he just used Biden's own debate tactics against him.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:59 - Oct 3 with 1162 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:48 - Oct 3 by A_Fans_Dad

The concensus view.

As in the democrat and globalist controlled media consensus.
I am not sure if you really are a Clinton lover or just WUM, but either way you talk a load of MSM inspired rubbish.

I'm my own man, Clinton won, that was the widely held opinion and it was not even close, the media is controlled by the right wing that is why there are right wing Governments across the Western World.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024