Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
🇺🇸Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread”🇺🇸 01:18 - Sep 29 with 170092 viewsDr_Parnassus

Who will be watching? First one kicks off in 24 hours time.

The Democrats have pulled Joe back from his campaign trail recently to get him prepared, so hopefully it will be a decent exchange.

Unfortunately they don’t seem to have great confidence as they have spent the last month looking for any dirt they can dig up so Joe can use if he gets stuck.

It’s no coincidence that this vote influencing Facebook algorithm story is being shamelessly and inaccurately made into a race issue on the eve of the debates. So transparent and disingenuous, it’s a shame politics has come to this on this level where black people are being used in this way to score political points. I would be furious if I was them, but it does seem a lot of people are not falling for this one and calling it out for what it is.

People finally seem to be getting wise to this political race baiting which is refreshing to see.

It’s also telling that in the week of the debate they try and paint Trump as a tax evasion offender. I think that’s what they wanted the tax returns to show, they seem to have got annoyed when it turns out his tax returns were fine in accordance to what his companies profits were - but decided to run with it anyway. Any news is good news in their mind as it’s another thing Joe can use when in a tricky spot.

But I hope the discussions remain political and doesn’t turn into some form of gossip peddling reality TV episode.

Although I think there should be some kind of drinking game involved if it does turn that way, how many times Biden completely loses his thread of thought and blurts out “I mean, think about it...” you have to take a shot.

I will be watching with great interest anyway.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:02 - Oct 3 with 1209 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 10:59 - Oct 3 by trampie

I'm my own man, Clinton won, that was the widely held opinion and it was not even close, the media is controlled by the right wing that is why there are right wing Governments across the Western World.

Which media are you suggesting is right wing?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:06 - Oct 3 with 1202 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:02 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Which media are you suggesting is right wing?

Most of the media including the national broadcaster in this country.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:08 - Oct 3 with 1191 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:06 - Oct 3 by trampie

Most of the media including the national broadcaster in this country.

So you are talking about the UK?

This thread is about America mind.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:14 - Oct 3 with 1178 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:08 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

So you are talking about the UK?

This thread is about America mind.

It's even worse in America.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:15 - Oct 3 with 1175 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:14 - Oct 3 by trampie

It's even worse in America.

The media in the USA is clearly dominated by the left.

These are the major publications in the US and which side they fall (its not even close):-

Left Wing

- BuzzFeed news
- CNN
- MSNBC
- The New Yorker
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- ABC
- The Atlantic
- CBS
- The Economist
- The Guardian
- Bloomberg
- NBC
- TIME
- Yahoo News

Right Wing

- Fox
- The Wall Street Journal
- New York Post
- The Washington Times
- Breitbart (which isn't very mainstream)
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 11:20]

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:24 - Oct 3 with 1156 viewstrampie

Labour is a right wing party, yet the media call them left wing, lol.

Plaid and SNP are in the middle yet are called far left by the right wing media .

The starting point of the right wing media is that the right wing is in the centre and anyone out on the right but left of centre right is left wing, lol.

The Dems and Reps in America are right wing parties.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:26 - Oct 3 with 1155 viewsNortbankboy

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:15 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

The media in the USA is clearly dominated by the left.

These are the major publications in the US and which side they fall (its not even close):-

Left Wing

- BuzzFeed news
- CNN
- MSNBC
- The New Yorker
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- ABC
- The Atlantic
- CBS
- The Economist
- The Guardian
- Bloomberg
- NBC
- TIME
- Yahoo News

Right Wing

- Fox
- The Wall Street Journal
- New York Post
- The Washington Times
- Breitbart (which isn't very mainstream)
[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 11:20]

Are you serious?
Most of the media here and the States are right wing.
What a mess this country is in because 15 yrs Tory rule.
And worse it's going to get.When they sell us out to trump after brexit
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:30 - Oct 3 with 1149 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:26 - Oct 3 by Nortbankboy

Are you serious?
Most of the media here and the States are right wing.
What a mess this country is in because 15 yrs Tory rule.
And worse it's going to get.When they sell us out to trump after brexit

That's clearly not true.

I have just provided you the list. Its dominated by the left, hence the term ''fake news'' was coined.

Login to get fewer ads

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:39 - Oct 3 with 1134 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:30 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

That's clearly not true.

I have just provided you the list. Its dominated by the left, hence the term ''fake news'' was coined.

The media in the states and over here is on the whole very right wing biased.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:49 - Oct 3 with 1124 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:39 - Oct 3 by trampie

The media in the states and over here is on the whole very right wing biased.

Yeah as I said, as much as I am sure you may want to believe that, its just not true.

It is overwhelmingly dominated by the left.

I have provided the publications and their leanings.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:10 - Oct 3 with 1103 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 11:49 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Yeah as I said, as much as I am sure you may want to believe that, its just not true.

It is overwhelmingly dominated by the left.

I have provided the publications and their leanings.

They are nearly all right wing, why do you think there are right wing Governments across the Western World ?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:19 - Oct 3 with 1090 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:10 - Oct 3 by trampie

They are nearly all right wing, why do you think there are right wing Governments across the Western World ?

Of the 20 main publications, 75% of them are left wing.

Of the 25% that are right wing, only 4 of them are mainstream.

Governments are right leaning because the left is utterly bonkers and there are still enough sensible people to vote them in, the fact its so close in elections is testament to the power of that media, it should be a landslide.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” (n/t) on 12:21 - Oct 3 with 1081 viewsGwyn737

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:19 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Governments are right leaning because the left is utterly bonkers and there are still enough sensible people to vote them in, the fact its so close in elections is testament to the power of that media, it should be a landslide.

[Post edited 3 Oct 2020 12:21]
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:22 - Oct 3 with 1077 viewsGwyn737

https://dilbert.com/strip/2015-06-07
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:22 - Oct 3 with 1075 viewsKilkennyjack

😂☝️

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:26 - Oct 3 with 1068 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:22 - Oct 3 by Gwyn737

https://dilbert.com/strip/2015-06-07

Ah Scott Adams' drawings, I like him, he's a Trump supporter too.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:29 - Oct 3 with 1058 viewsKilkennyjack

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:19 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

On the side of evil ...

The Daily Heil
The Torygraph
The Sun (what done it)
The BBC (see north korea)
The Express
The Times
Johnson
Mogg
Farage
Trump
Patel

On the good side ....

the Mirror
Gary Lineker
Jurgen Klopp
Trampie
The EU
Comrade Nicola
Sleepy Joe
HRMCguy

But remember .... its not over, until its over ...

Beware of the Risen People

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:31 - Oct 3 with 1053 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:29 - Oct 3 by Kilkennyjack

On the side of evil ...

The Daily Heil
The Torygraph
The Sun (what done it)
The BBC (see north korea)
The Express
The Times
Johnson
Mogg
Farage
Trump
Patel

On the good side ....

the Mirror
Gary Lineker
Jurgen Klopp
Trampie
The EU
Comrade Nicola
Sleepy Joe
HRMCguy

But remember .... its not over, until its over ...

I have no interest in UK politics or media personally, not in a position to comment.

But on the thread about American politics, the publications are clear.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:33 - Oct 3 with 1051 viewstrampie

Nearly all those outlets are not left wing, a better description would be not that there are still enough sensible people but that there are enough gullible people about.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:33 - Oct 3 with 1051 viewsGwyn737

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:26 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Ah Scott Adams' drawings, I like him, he's a Trump supporter too.

If you like his stuff try Tom Gauld. Brilliant literary and science cartoons.
Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:36 - Oct 3 with 1044 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:33 - Oct 3 by trampie

Nearly all those outlets are not left wing, a better description would be not that there are still enough sensible people but that there are enough gullible people about.

Which ones do you think are not left wing?

I can assure you they all are.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:51 - Oct 3 with 1019 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:36 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Which ones do you think are not left wing?

I can assure you they all are.

I can assure you they are not all left wing.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:52 - Oct 3 with 1014 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:51 - Oct 3 by trampie

I can assure you they are not all left wing.

Which ones do you think aren't?

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:20 - Oct 3 with 985 viewstrampie

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 12:52 - Oct 3 by Dr_Parnassus

Which ones do you think aren't?

Democrats in the States are not left wing by European standards they have strong corporate ties, there is no left in America, it's a capitalist state with right wing capitalist media.
The right wing crazies in America think that the Democrats are Communists, lol.

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:24 - Oct 3 with 981 viewsDr_Parnassus

Presidential debate round 1 - “Matchday thread” on 13:20 - Oct 3 by trampie

Democrats in the States are not left wing by European standards they have strong corporate ties, there is no left in America, it's a capitalist state with right wing capitalist media.
The right wing crazies in America think that the Democrats are Communists, lol.

Ok, but which publications on the list do you think are not left wing?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024