Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message 19:51 - Oct 3 with 2845 viewsKeithHaynes

Kris Peterson left Swansea City this morning for four hundred thousand pounds plus add ins, and have a guess what New CEO Julian Winter advised him by text message when he was going to be named in today’s squad.

Cooper - direct quotes

"Well I don't know the reason behind it [Peterson's impending exit]," said Cooper.

"I had a message off Julian Winter this morning to ask for him not to be involved. He was in the squad and would probably have been on the bench, and that's as much as I know about it to be honest.

"We're going to need a squad. And I know I haven't changed the team too much, only the goalkeeper today, because we've been playing every Saturday and we've got some positive results, and you keep going with that, that's pretty normal, but that isn't going to continue. We need a squad.

"I didn't want to lose any players."

And when asked if he was consulted about Peterson's exit, Cooper responded: "I think all clubs are different, with who makes decisions.

"I just got the instruction this morning, not to involve Kris, and what happens next with him I'm not too sure."

As we have stated already this week at Swansea Independent, Julian Winter thinks he is Swansea City, well, careful mate, this squad is in full momentum, we don’t need rubbish management at this point, just professional behaviour. Steady on.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 20:48 - Oct 3 with 1958 viewsReslovenSwan1

What was in the head of Peterson?. He was demanding Winter released him today.

No doubt he was angry. You know the favourite saying.

"My Client 's head is not right and he cannot play today as he is very upset at losing the chance to play in Germany".

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 20:53 - Oct 3 with 1928 viewsFireboy2

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 20:48 - Oct 3 by ReslovenSwan1

"My Client 's head is not right and he cannot play today as he is very upset at losing the chance to play in Germany".

#warraloadashite.

Winter is just doing whatever the fvck he wants.

We all know the saying, a leopard never changes its spots.

Once a slimy cvnt, always a slimy cvnt.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 20:53 - Oct 3 with 1928 viewsKeithHaynes

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 20:48 - Oct 3 by ReslovenSwan1

The manager needs to know, as I’ve said and others, communication. It’s professional.

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 21:24 - Oct 3 with 1831 viewsBillyChong

Cooper can’t be far off working with an overall first team squad the size of a match day squad now. For a season with an exceptionally busy schedule (as highlighted by Cooper himself) but also for a season where we could be without Covid positive/isolating players.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 22:13 - Oct 3 with 1748 viewsMartinSwan

As Steve Cooper has outed the behaviour of the new CEO, there is no turning back. Its now a power struggle and who will the Board support.

I hope Steve and we have a good season as Julian Winter doesn't strike me as a man who will forgive and forget.

The statement 'I am in charge' has been challenged and I dont believe he will like it one bit.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 22:27 - Oct 3 with 1701 viewsKeithHaynes

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 22:13 - Oct 3 by MartinSwan

As Steve Cooper has outed the behaviour of the new CEO, there is no turning back. Its now a power struggle and who will the Board support.

I hope Steve and we have a good season as Julian Winter doesn't strike me as a man who will forgive and forget.

The statement 'I am in charge' has been challenged and I dont believe he will like it one bit.

He’s made it very clear on five occasions since he has been at the club he is in charge, we have reported that and received nothing to counter that. It’s on video.
The problem Winter will have is his relationship with Cooper and how that moves from here.
He just needs to be careful and learn from today, it can’t happen again. He has only watched the swans in empty stadiums, he really knows nothing of the in depth feeling we have for our club.

I’m going to give him some concessions for that alone, however, just because he is in charge it doesn’t mean that mistakes like today need to be repeated. Learning curve.

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 22:41 - Oct 3 with 1673 viewsFireboy2

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 22:27 - Oct 3 by KeithHaynes

He’s made it very clear on five occasions since he has been at the club he is in charge, we have reported that and received nothing to counter that. It’s on video.
The problem Winter will have is his relationship with Cooper and how that moves from here.
He just needs to be careful and learn from today, it can’t happen again. He has only watched the swans in empty stadiums, he really knows nothing of the in depth feeling we have for our club.

I’m going to give him some concessions for that alone, however, just because he is in charge it doesn’t mean that mistakes like today need to be repeated. Learning curve.

Well said Keith 👏
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 23:06 - Oct 3 with 1630 viewsmajorraglan

If there’s good reason or need to move the lad on so be it, but not to speak to the manager before hand and explain the rationale behind the decision in my opinion is poor. I can’t understand why people can’t pick up the phone and speak to each other.
Login to get fewer ads

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 23:08 - Oct 3 with 1626 viewsonehunglow

Winter is "highly experienced" so he should be rather adept at this.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 23:15 - Oct 3 with 1614 viewsmagicdaps10

I don't believe for one moment that Cooper did not know this deal was on or that Petterson could be leaving any time soon.

I think this little situation as occurred because of Coopers frustration in getting players in.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 23:46 - Oct 3 with 1559 viewschad

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 23:15 - Oct 3 by magicdaps10

I don't believe for one moment that Cooper did not know this deal was on or that Petterson could be leaving any time soon.

I think this little situation as occurred because of Coopers frustration in getting players in.

Interesting

So Cooper said the text was all he knew about it. Winter has not denied that as far as I am aware. Yet it seems you are saying Cooper is lying. Is that correct?
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 13:42 - Oct 4 with 1328 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 23:46 - Oct 3 by chad

Interesting

So Cooper said the text was all he knew about it. Winter has not denied that as far as I am aware. Yet it seems you are saying Cooper is lying. Is that correct?

You are missing out interested parties person 3 and person 4 Peterson himself and his agent. Clearly Peterson was very keen to leave the club as was his agent. It is fair to assume that Peterson did not want to spend the afternoon on the bench. With a new job in Germany it is reasonable to sumise that Peterson or his agent asked Winter to release him from his matchday obligations. It is not known if Peterson or his agent had contacted Cooper out of courtesy. If it was me I would have.

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:07 - Oct 4 with 1292 viewsraynor94

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 13:42 - Oct 4 by ReslovenSwan1

You are missing out interested parties person 3 and person 4 Peterson himself and his agent. Clearly Peterson was very keen to leave the club as was his agent. It is fair to assume that Peterson did not want to spend the afternoon on the bench. With a new job in Germany it is reasonable to sumise that Peterson or his agent asked Winter to release him from his matchday obligations. It is not known if Peterson or his agent had contacted Cooper out of courtesy. If it was me I would have.

Can you think of any reason why he decided to text instead of speaking?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:12 - Oct 4 with 1286 viewsChief

Where has this story come from that it was Peterson demanding to leave/refusing to go on bench etc?

Any links / quotes?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:27 - Oct 4 with 1270 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:07 - Oct 4 by raynor94

Texts are statements that leave no room for argument. I had a manager that always wanted a text confirmed so he could reference it later as proof he had informed me of something. Another that would type minuites while talking to me on the phone recording my comments.

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:47 - Oct 4 with 1253 viewsA_Fans_Dad

For someone who only started Peterson 11 times in the whole of last season I am surprsied he is bothered.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:48 - Oct 4 with 1252 viewsBadlands

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:07 - Oct 4 by raynor94

There is a record of the message being sent.
Not absolutely urgent.
Not wanting to interrupt the recipient if they were working and could pick up he message when there was a natural break.
About to lose signal.
Recipient had not answered a phone call.
Sender needs to get off line.
Sender doesn't want to engage over the phone.
Policy to contact via text before face to face.
People can't stand each other.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 15:30 - Oct 4 with 1210 viewsraynor94

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:27 - Oct 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Texts are statements that leave no room for argument. I had a manager that always wanted a text confirmed so he could reference it later as proof he had informed me of something. Another that would type minuites while talking to me on the phone recording my comments.

Sorry don't buy any of that, he just totally undermined the manager, and it doesn't bode well for the future, after such a promising start from the team

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 16:19 - Oct 4 with 1172 viewsChief

Complete lack of balance again from usual offenders.

Imagine the uproar if it had come out that the trust were sending information comparable to this to club officials via text!

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 17:27 - Oct 4 with 1122 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 16:19 - Oct 4 by Chief

Complete lack of balance again from usual offenders.

Imagine the uproar if it had come out that the trust were sending information comparable to this to club officials via text!

The Trust have a difficulty in making decsions. They hate decisions and anything relating to decisions. They have spent 18 years avoiding them and hated it when after 14 years of doing nothing were put on the spot for a decision. They went into turmoil leading to 2 resignations by chairmen that had completely different opinions from what I can see.

Winter making decisions decisively on his own as Chairman is something they I would imagine they would find deeply troubling as outlined by The Chief and other Trust members.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 17:28]

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 17:36 - Oct 4 with 1098 viewsMartinSwan

How long does it take to get the details of a transfer to be arranged? Are we to believe the German club first contacted Julian Winter on Saturday morning and the details worked out and agreed by 1 o'clock then a text is sent.

What was stopping a text being sent on saturday morning. In fact getting these deals done does take some time, so I'd be surprised if the first contact wasnt a day or so before.

Knowing your coach doesnt want to sell any of his players as the squad is light in numbers, isnt the onus on Julian Winter to contact the coach immediately even if by text, to say we have this approach?

And go on to say this is the money we can now make available to the new CB.

Finally where is the transfer plan that Julian Winter, Andy Scott annd Steve Cooper were meeting about earlier this week.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 17:37 - Oct 4 with 1092 viewsBillyChong

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:48 - Oct 4 by Badlands

Not absolutely urgent.
Not wanting to interrupt the recipient if they were working and could pick up he message when there was a natural break.
About to lose signal.

Proper clutching at straws there
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 17:39 - Oct 4 with 1091 viewsChief

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 17:27 - Oct 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The Trust have a difficulty in making decsions. They hate decisions and anything relating to decisions. They have spent 18 years avoiding them and hated it when after 14 years of doing nothing were put on the spot for a decision. They went into turmoil leading to 2 resignations by chairmen that had completely different opinions from what I can see.

Winter making decisions decisively on his own as Chairman is something they I would imagine they would find deeply troubling as outlined by The Chief and other Trust members.
[Post edited 4 Oct 2020 17:28]

- Boris Johnson style irrelevant waffle in that first paragraph.
- I don't think anyone is disputing the fact his action was decisive.
- Why would decisive actions trouble anyone?

Completely missed the point of the discussion (you know that though) to try&deflect&turn it into yet another trust bashing session.

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 18:01 - Oct 4 with 1073 viewsraynor94

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:48 - Oct 4 by Badlands

Not absolutely urgent.
About to lose signal.

Sorry, that's unadulterated bullshit, cold and calculating undermining

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 08:29 - Oct 5 with 929 viewsKilkennyjack

What do people call Julian Winter - Jul’s ?

Should go down well on Wind Street .... ? 🤷‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024