Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message 19:51 - Oct 3 with 2848 viewsKeithHaynes

Kris Peterson left Swansea City this morning for four hundred thousand pounds plus add ins, and have a guess what New CEO Julian Winter advised him by text message when he was going to be named in today’s squad.

Cooper - direct quotes

"Well I don't know the reason behind it [Peterson's impending exit]," said Cooper.

"I had a message off Julian Winter this morning to ask for him not to be involved. He was in the squad and would probably have been on the bench, and that's as much as I know about it to be honest.

"We're going to need a squad. And I know I haven't changed the team too much, only the goalkeeper today, because we've been playing every Saturday and we've got some positive results, and you keep going with that, that's pretty normal, but that isn't going to continue. We need a squad.

"I didn't want to lose any players."

And when asked if he was consulted about Peterson's exit, Cooper responded: "I think all clubs are different, with who makes decisions.

"I just got the instruction this morning, not to involve Kris, and what happens next with him I'm not too sure."

As we have stated already this week at Swansea Independent, Julian Winter thinks he is Swansea City, well, careful mate, this squad is in full momentum, we don’t need rubbish management at this point, just professional behaviour. Steady on.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 10:03 - Oct 5 with 777 viewsKeithHaynes

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 17:36 - Oct 4 by MartinSwan

How long does it take to get the details of a transfer to be arranged? Are we to believe the German club first contacted Julian Winter on Saturday morning and the details worked out and agreed by 1 o'clock then a text is sent.

What was stopping a text being sent on saturday morning. In fact getting these deals done does take some time, so I'd be surprised if the first contact wasnt a day or so before.

Knowing your coach doesnt want to sell any of his players as the squad is light in numbers, isnt the onus on Julian Winter to contact the coach immediately even if by text, to say we have this approach?

And go on to say this is the money we can now make available to the new CB.

Finally where is the transfer plan that Julian Winter, Andy Scott annd Steve Cooper were meeting about earlier this week.

Why would that be made public?

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 12:53 - Oct 5 with 715 viewsMartinSwan

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 10:03 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

Why would that be made public?

I'm not suggesting it be made public, just wondering if there is one, because two of the three people involved seem to have read it completely differently.

It can't be good that a few days after the meeting to resolve what we are doing re transfers, there is this disagreement of approach.

Steve Cooper could be lying about what happened on saturday, but his behaviour over time and the evidence we do have, suggests not.

Therefore we could have this disagreement again in a few days, when the next player gets sold, because in his public statements Julian has carefully avoided saying any money will be made available for players coming in. I'm expecting players to be sold over the next 10 days or so, but not expecting any to come in.

I hope I'm wrong because our squad is one of the smallest and still unbalanced.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:26 - Oct 5 with 694 viewsKeithHaynes

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 12:53 - Oct 5 by MartinSwan

I'm not suggesting it be made public, just wondering if there is one, because two of the three people involved seem to have read it completely differently.

It can't be good that a few days after the meeting to resolve what we are doing re transfers, there is this disagreement of approach.

Steve Cooper could be lying about what happened on saturday, but his behaviour over time and the evidence we do have, suggests not.

Therefore we could have this disagreement again in a few days, when the next player gets sold, because in his public statements Julian has carefully avoided saying any money will be made available for players coming in. I'm expecting players to be sold over the next 10 days or so, but not expecting any to come in.

I hope I'm wrong because our squad is one of the smallest and still unbalanced.

That’s fair.
They definitely met, maybe Marsh was taking the notes.

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:31 - Oct 5 with 691 viewsMartinSwan

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:26 - Oct 5 by KeithHaynes

That’s fair.
They definitely met, maybe Marsh was taking the notes.

Is that Mike 'Fiery' Marsh?
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:48 - Oct 5 with 678 viewsKGriz16

People love a drama don't they
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:50 - Oct 5 with 675 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:31 - Oct 5 by MartinSwan

Is that Mike 'Fiery' Marsh?

Nothing unusual about football managers being unhappy at the squad on the payroll. Mourhino has been complaining for years. In some cases Monk and Clemet were short changed and did complain. Its a difficult balance.

Monk, a favourtite target for criticism on here, saw Bony go out his star goalscorer, replaced by Eder who was hopeless and Franck Tabanou who was reportedly out of shape when he came and when he left. It cost Monk his job although this was attributed to his style of play.

Clement who had a good run with Llorente and Sigurdson saw both leave and replaced by Bony who was not match fit and Clucas. He had his picks Abraham and Sanches to keep him sweet. All four failed to impress and cost him his job.

Cooper has dispatched all the Potter players Celina, McKay, John and Asoro and replaced them with his own picks in association with Scott which seems a tight team. He has used the media to make his case probably as far as he can go simply to getting signing which will ultimately save his own job. One wonders what would have happened if Monk had rejected Eder and Clement rejected Bony and Clucas.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 15:25 - Oct 5 with 661 viewsvetchonian

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:50 - Oct 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Nothing unusual about football managers being unhappy at the squad on the payroll. Mourhino has been complaining for years. In some cases Monk and Clemet were short changed and did complain. Its a difficult balance.

Monk, a favourtite target for criticism on here, saw Bony go out his star goalscorer, replaced by Eder who was hopeless and Franck Tabanou who was reportedly out of shape when he came and when he left. It cost Monk his job although this was attributed to his style of play.

Clement who had a good run with Llorente and Sigurdson saw both leave and replaced by Bony who was not match fit and Clucas. He had his picks Abraham and Sanches to keep him sweet. All four failed to impress and cost him his job.

Cooper has dispatched all the Potter players Celina, McKay, John and Asoro and replaced them with his own picks in association with Scott which seems a tight team. He has used the media to make his case probably as far as he can go simply to getting signing which will ultimately save his own job. One wonders what would have happened if Monk had rejected Eder and Clement rejected Bony and Clucas.

But these players you mention who you claim were the "downfall" of Monk and Clement were brought in by the DoF at the time your favouted HJ?

Eder and Tabnanou didnt cost Monk his job....he did that all on his own!!!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 16:13 - Oct 5 with 641 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 15:25 - Oct 5 by vetchonian

But these players you mention who you claim were the "downfall" of Monk and Clement were brought in by the DoF at the time your favouted HJ?

Eder and Tabnanou didnt cost Monk his job....he did that all on his own!!!

Huw Jenkins was chairman working with a head of recruitment.

I look at his leadership holistically and it was a resounding success. He did make some mistakes of course. He gave his head of recrutitment David Ledbetter a lot off slack but his big ticket signing were often poor. Borja, Bony 2, Clucas. The US owners insisted on new recruitment people who were little better under Potter. (All of his signings have gone).

Jenkins was at his best with a stronger manager like Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup who had their own ideas. Cooper also appears to have his own mind on transfers as he knows his job depends on it.

Monk was sold the short straw and the club still stayed up after losing Bony for £28m and getting Eder and Tabanou in return. He went more direct but that got the best out of Bony.

Login to get fewer ads

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 18:32 - Oct 5 with 610 views34dfgdf54

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 16:13 - Oct 5 by ReslovenSwan1

I look at his leadership holistically and it was a resounding success. He did make some mistakes of course. He gave his head of recrutitment David Ledbetter a lot off slack but his big ticket signing were often poor. Borja, Bony 2, Clucas. The US owners insisted on new recruitment people who were little better under Potter. (All of his signings have gone).

Jenkins was at his best with a stronger manager like Martinez, Rodgers and Laudrup who had their own ideas. Cooper also appears to have his own mind on transfers as he knows his job depends on it.

Monk was sold the short straw and the club still stayed up after losing Bony for £28m and getting Eder and Tabanou in return. He went more direct but that got the best out of Bony.

Jenkins hated working with managers who had a mind of their own.

He pulled the plug on Bielsa because he was intimidated.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 18:48 - Oct 5 with 599 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 16:13 - Oct 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The Laudrup Bayram Tutumlu partnership brought in our best buys in my opinion.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 18:58 - Oct 5 with 585 viewsReslovenSwan1

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 18:48 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

Mr Jenkins always gave his managers scope to bring in their picks. The only two where it did not happen very much was Sousa and Monk. Guidolin bought in Paloschi and Llorente for example. Clement Sanches and Abraham. Carlos had is picks but could not get them over the line.

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 19:09 - Oct 5 with 573 viewstheloneranger

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 14:50 - Oct 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Tammy Abraham was not a Clement pick, he was a Brian Flynn pick!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 19:25 - Oct 5 with 544 viewsswancity

Pointless blaming Birch. As he’s doing nothing wrong.

Pointless blaming Winter as he too has done nothing wrong.

Pointless blaming Rodon. Good luck to the lad.

But blame our owners and our previous owners.....they have much to answer for

Our Club needs the money desperately in these unprecedented times with the knock on effect it’s had on player valuations

And around £20m is decent enough for a player who has had his injury problems and while showing promise he’s very inexperienced isn’t he....

Best of luck Rodon 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 19:27 - Oct 5 with 540 viewsBillyChong

Monk was very well backed in terms of transfers. His lack of management skills on and off the pitch was his downfall.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 19:40 - Oct 5 with 537 viewsNotLoyal

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 19:27 - Oct 5 by BillyChong

Monk was very well backed in terms of transfers. His lack of management skills on and off the pitch was his downfall.

And other financial demands on Monk non football related didn't help.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 23:10 - Oct 5 with 483 viewsBadlands

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 19:40 - Oct 5 by NotLoyal

And other financial demands on Monk non football related didn't help.

???
More (can you share?)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cooper en quandary se refiere al mensaje de texto de Julian Winter on 10:52 - Oct 6 with 419 viewsAlex_DiPinto

Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 18:48 - Oct 5 by Whiterockin

Do you realize now? It's too late.

Alex Di Pinto, Assistant to Mr. Bayram
Cooper en quandary se refiere al mensaje de texto de Julian Winter (n/t) on 11:15 - Oct 6 with 409 viewsChief

Cooper en quandary se refiere al mensaje de texto de Julian Winter on 10:52 - Oct 6 by Alex_DiPinto

Haha nice to meet you
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 11:16]

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cooper en quandary se refiere al mensaje de texto de Julian Winter on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 401 viewsWhiterockin

Cooper en quandary se refiere al mensaje de texto de Julian Winter on 10:52 - Oct 6 by Alex_DiPinto

No it was easy to see at the time.
Cooper in quandary regards Julian Winter’s text message on 21:55 - Oct 6 with 332 viewsNotLoyal

Hopefully these pair have sorted out their differences, and Winter has learned a few things.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024