Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matchday Thread : England v Wales 03:11 - Oct 5 with 5764 viewsNotLoyal

England v Wales
International ‘Friendly’
Wembley Stadium
Thursday 10th October 2020
8pm Kick off.
ITV / S4C

V

This international friendly takes place at home of football, which is Wembley Stadium. We know it’s the home of football because that’s what everyone says. West Ham won the World Cup there in 1066 when King Harold or something fired an arrow which hit the bar and scored a goal. That was hundreds of years ago but Frank Skinner likes to sing about it, sadly the years of hurt are getting lots longer, now they have run out of numbers.

England is a big country with a population of nearly 57 million, most of these people live in Sussex or near to the M1. Some live in Thetford, and others have been sighted in Lowestoft. Overall that’s a lot of people. Wales has a population of 3.2 million and some time ago a lot of them were English, but they left when they couldn’t take the embarrassment of such a small country beating them at every sport known to the human race, it’s true, Wales have beaten England at every sport there is, which for a small country is very good. English people don’t like this as they like to beat smaller countries like Iceland and Northern Ireland, when they lose these games they call it embarrassing and everyone laughs.

This is a picture of England yesterday

Other things England is famous for are red telephone boxes, London Taxis, the queen, elephants and castles and windmills, or is it canals ? Either way England is very well known throughout the world.

This is an English knight from the olden days, back then, and it was loads of years ago all knights wore sunglasses as you can see from this old drawing. They did so because they went on crusades to hot places, nowadays they are called holidays

England has a song about chariots that swing low and once a year they all gather together and wave flags at the Royal Albert Hall in London where Millwall play. Some of these people are from Scotland and three of them last year came from Wales. Probably Cardiff.

The most famous England song is quite difficult to remember, it goes like this.

‘Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland, Ingurland,Ingurland,Ingurland,INGURLAND.

It’s quite hard to remember as you can see it’s got loads of words in it, the trick is to try and remember all of them in the order above and then sing them.

Our final England fact is that they entered the European running championships in Marseille, France in 2016. Some, if not most of the English competitors got drunk so they had to be encouraged to run very fast by friendly Russian athletes who helped them along. It all went swimmingly after that. In fact some English people at this event actually did go swimming, oddly though none of them were from Cardiff.

Here we see England competitors at the running away Championships in France in 2016.After a while they got quite used to running with their Russian friends and did it a lot

Well, that’s it for now, the Matchday thread will be updated later with Welsh history and facts. We will start with the leisure industry initially.

A Welsh leisure centre pictured on the weekend

Ramsey and Bale out of the game giving England an outside chance of securing a victory.

Last five results
England
8 Sep 20 NL Denmark 0 England 0 D
5 Sep 20 NL Iceland 0 England 1 W
17 Nov 19 EC Kosovo 0 England 4 W
14 Nov 19 EC England 7 Montenegro 0 W
14 Oct 19 EC Bulgaria 0 England 6 W
Wales
6 Sep 20 NL Wales 1 Bulgaria 0 W
3 Sep 20 NL Finland 0 Wales 1 W
19 Nov 19 EC Wales 2 Hungary 0 W
16 Nov 19 EC Azerbaijan 0 Wales 2 W
13 Oct 19 EC Wales 1 Croatia 1 D
NL Nations League EQ Euro qualifiers

Latest updates here.

England v Wales :International Friendly : Massive PRE MATCH Supplement 7th Oct 2020 12:32
Latest Giggs press conference quotes, Roger Freestone speaks direct to us as Wales take on England at Wembley on Thursday October 8th , 2020, ko 8PM, in an International friendly. The game has crept up on supporters of both countries in lieu of more important qualifiers next week. 0

[Post edited 7 Oct 2020 13:50]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Swansea Independent Matchday Thread, England v Wales on 13:40 - Oct 5 with 3496 viewsblaenaugwentjack

love it, really hope we beat these, but my head says it's maybe a game too far with key players missing.
The Swansea Independent Matchday Thread, England v Wales on 14:41 - Oct 5 with 3476 viewsKGriz16

I think they'll struggle with Keifer.
The Swansea Independent Matchday Thread, England v Wales on 14:45 - Oct 5 with 3473 viewsblaenaugwentjack

The Swansea Independent Matchday Thread, England v Wales on 14:41 - Oct 5 by KGriz16

I think they'll struggle with Keifer.

You could be right, he certainly is a handful and I wish we had signed him. The likes of Ayew, Lowe, Morgan and Crimes playing off him these players would have scored plenty.
The Swansea Independent Matchday Thread, England v Wales on 18:03 - Oct 5 with 3397 viewsNortbankboy

The Swansea Independent Matchday Thread, England v Wales on 14:45 - Oct 5 by blaenaugwentjack

You could be right, he certainly is a handful and I wish we had signed him. The likes of Ayew, Lowe, Morgan and Crimes playing off him these players would have scored plenty.

Good luck wales
The Swansea Independent Matchday Thread, England v Wales on 20:09 - Oct 5 with 3330 viewspencoedjack

Quality Loyal 👍
The Swansea Independent Matchday Thread, England v Wales on 22:06 - Oct 5 with 3294 viewsbuilthjack

Nice one Loyal

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 08:43 - Oct 6 with 3183 viewsbritferry

At least this time, no Welsh fan will be killed by an English fan, which is what happened last time we visited Wembley.

RIP Michael Dye
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-16281868

And lets not forget, the English press initially blamed us Swans fans

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 11:01 - Oct 6 with 3157 viewsKGriz16

Bit worried by the prospect of no Ramsey, Bale or Allen. I fear the worst here, and we never get to play them often enough too. Ugh. We looked slack against Finland.
Login to get fewer ads

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 11:16 - Oct 6 with 3145 viewsjasper_T

Pointless match with no fans. Just send the kids out and keep players fresh for the nations league games.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 11:48 - Oct 6 with 3132 viewsonehunglow

Jasper.Agree 100%.Just another opportunity for injuries.

This is meaningless garbage as a fixture.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 13:39 - Oct 6 with 3083 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 11:16 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

Pointless match with no fans. Just send the kids out and keep players fresh for the nations league games.

Spot on.

Three international matches in 6 days is madness. There will be much focus on the irrelevant one because it’s Wales against England. The Nation’s League matches against Ireland and Bulgaria are much more important.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 17:03 - Oct 6 with 3011 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 11:01 - Oct 6 by KGriz16

Bit worried by the prospect of no Ramsey, Bale or Allen. I fear the worst here, and we never get to play them often enough too. Ugh. We looked slack against Finland.

Agree those three missing are basically the spine of the ream
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:27 - Oct 6 with 2937 viewstrampie

Wales without Bale, Ramsey and Allen should mean England winning by at least 3 or 4.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:29 - Oct 6 with 2934 viewsraynor94

Exactly, what actually is the point of it?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:41 - Oct 6 with 2924 viewsjasper_T

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:29 - Oct 6 by raynor94

Exactly, what actually is the point of it?

Apparently we have to play a friendly for UEFA's match blocking with the playoffs, and it's the game with the least amount of travel fuss for everyone. It's a dotting i's and crossing t's exercise.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:38 - Oct 6 with 2895 viewsKilkennyjack

Not a match i would have taken.

I guess it limits travel in a global pandemic.

Its not a useful measure for Wales these days.

Still gutted the old Home Internationals end.
I think the 4:1 win at Wrexham made them run away from it.

Not sure England have improved until very recently.

Feck em 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

Beware of the Risen People

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:47 - Oct 6 with 2885 viewsKeithHaynes

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:38 - Oct 6 by Kilkennyjack

Not a match i would have taken.

I guess it limits travel in a global pandemic.

Its not a useful measure for Wales these days.

Still gutted the old Home Internationals end.
I think the 4:1 win at Wrexham made them run away from it.

Not sure England have improved until very recently.

Feck em 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿❤️

I was there that day, it was hot, it was eventful.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 23:17 - Oct 6 with 2847 viewsbuilthjack

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 21:47 - Oct 6 by KeithHaynes

I was there that day, it was hot, it was eventful.

Me too. The b@stards were throwing bricks at us.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 10:43 - Oct 7 with 2757 viewsBadlands

If Joe Rodon plays t could decide his future.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 11:00 - Oct 7 with 2749 viewsKeithHaynes

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 23:17 - Oct 6 by builthjack

Me too. The b@stards were throwing bricks at us.

And that was just the police.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 12:38 - Oct 7 with 2720 viewsjasper_T

"It always captures the imagination, England v Wales, but my priority is the Nations League."

Giggs on the same page. B team ready to go fingers crossed.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 18:20 - Oct 7 with 2653 viewsReslovenSwan1

Yes Cabango, Woodburn and Johnson should get a runout with Ampadu as captain. Ward definately needs a game.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:34 - Oct 7 with 2592 viewsKilkennyjack

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 11:00 - Oct 7 by KeithHaynes

And that was just the police.

I was at the Spain game in wrecsam when Hughesy scored one of the great Iconic Cymru goals.

Fun and games that night as well ... 🥊

Beware of the Risen People

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:38 - Oct 7 with 2590 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 20:34 - Oct 7 by Kilkennyjack

I was at the Spain game in wrecsam when Hughesy scored one of the great Iconic Cymru goals.

Fun and games that night as well ... 🥊

Talking of which, it's a pleasure watching Spain vs Portugal.

We (Swans) played a lot like Spain are playing tonight, sublime, fluid stuff.

And so uplifting to see the crowds back in the stadium.
Matchday Thread : England v Wales on 08:45 - Oct 8 with 2488 viewsTrefynwySwan

Ronaldo playing for Portugal but his Juventus teammate Ramsey not able to play for us tonight?? Odd that ??
That said, Giggs would probably have saved him for Nations League games anyway, and given others an opportunity as suggested.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024