Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#LetFansIn 13:01 - Oct 6 with 7911 viewsJack_Kass

Sign the petition - https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

Share the hashtag on social media

It may not do anything, but we have nothing to lose.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

#LetFansIn on 13:12 - Oct 6 with 4812 viewsWhiterockin

We are in lock down in Swansea and you think we should be attending football matches?
#LetFansIn on 13:19 - Oct 6 with 4803 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 13:12 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

We are in lock down in Swansea and you think we should be attending football matches?

We should be given the right to have the choice to attend or not, local lockdown restrictions not withstanding.

As a general rule, you could go to an indoor concert or cinema (to ironically watch the football), but cannot go to an outdoor space, where distancing is much easier.

#LetFansIn on 13:21 - Oct 6 with 4800 viewsjasper_T

#LetFansIn on 13:19 - Oct 6 by Jack_Kass

We should be given the right to have the choice to attend or not, local lockdown restrictions not withstanding.

As a general rule, you could go to an indoor concert or cinema (to ironically watch the football), but cannot go to an outdoor space, where distancing is much easier.

It's a public safety issue, not a personal safety issue.

Restrictions should be stronger, not looser.
#LetFansIn on 13:23 - Oct 6 with 4793 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 13:21 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

It's a public safety issue, not a personal safety issue.

Restrictions should be stronger, not looser.

So was the hoard of people flocking to the pubs and restaurants for the whole month of August.

Are you saying sitting in a pub or restaurant is safer than however many people could be safely distanced at the Liberty?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 13:24]

#LetFansIn on 13:28 - Oct 6 with 4781 viewsjasper_T

#LetFansIn on 13:23 - Oct 6 by Jack_Kass

So was the hoard of people flocking to the pubs and restaurants for the whole month of August.

Are you saying sitting in a pub or restaurant is safer than however many people could be safely distanced at the Liberty?
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 13:24]

No I'm saying it was a massive mistake to start opening back up when we did. We're all paying the price as this thing drags on and on.

Maybe mistake is giving the government too much credit, though. We've known their priorities from the start. Care more about money than people's lives.
#LetFansIn on 13:35 - Oct 6 with 4772 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 13:28 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

No I'm saying it was a massive mistake to start opening back up when we did. We're all paying the price as this thing drags on and on.

Maybe mistake is giving the government too much credit, though. We've known their priorities from the start. Care more about money than people's lives.

There are enough threads for each day of the week to argue that at the moment.

Locked down too late, opened up too early, the fact remains that Football is not being treated to the same standard as other industries at the moment.

What also makes no sense is that any club below Conference North/South can have 15% in their ground for a game, yet teams in the levels above can't, where they arguably have better infrastructure to cope.

So if a Non League Level 1/2 team draws a Level 3 team at Home in a cup competition, they have to play behind closed doors, where as if it was reversed then it would be ok!

#LetFansIn on 13:41 - Oct 6 with 4765 viewsBadlands

#LetFansIn on 13:19 - Oct 6 by Jack_Kass

You may feel you have the right to attend but then people outside have the right to expect you to stay away from them and possibly pass on a life threatening and debilitation virus. When the self employed have to self isolate that's two weeks without working or earning.
We are really living in a world where minorities can shout I wanted expect to be given.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

#LetFansIn on 13:47 - Oct 6 with 4761 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 13:41 - Oct 6 by Badlands

You may feel you have the right to attend but then people outside have the right to expect you to stay away from them and possibly pass on a life threatening and debilitation virus. When the self employed have to self isolate that's two weeks without working or earning.
We are really living in a world where minorities can shout I wanted expect to be given.

So if I attend a football match, ergo I also go around with reckless disregard to social distancing rules?

Complete nonsense.

Login to get fewer ads

#LetFansIn on 14:15 - Oct 6 with 4745 viewsCatullus

How many do we let in?

Who gets the tickets?

When we decided who gets the tickets, how many can they have each and does the stadium then have to a personalised seating plan?

Who enforces social distancing, will it be the stewards? How do they remove someone who gets stroppy? distancing in mind.

Would having a limited crowd work out more expensive than the worth of it?

Personally I think it's a bad idea, just as bad as allowing pubs to open.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

#LetFansIn on 14:18 - Oct 6 with 4741 viewsjasper_T

Pubs were a worse idea tbf.
#LetFansIn on 14:23 - Oct 6 with 4738 viewsonehunglow

Let the fans in and

1.Piss over each other

2.Vomit

3.Gorge on shyte in the shop

then repeat 1 and 2.

How many you seen washing hands at a stadium?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

#LetFansIn on 14:28 - Oct 6 with 4734 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 14:15 - Oct 6 by Catullus

How many do we let in?

Who gets the tickets?

When we decided who gets the tickets, how many can they have each and does the stadium then have to a personalised seating plan?

Who enforces social distancing, will it be the stewards? How do they remove someone who gets stroppy? distancing in mind.

Would having a limited crowd work out more expensive than the worth of it?

Personally I think it's a bad idea, just as bad as allowing pubs to open.

- However many can be safely managed, that is different for Wembley Stadium, than it is for the Liberty. Fag packet maths can easily allow for 5,000 in the stadium? That's accounting for 1 person per 4 seats (a 3 seat gap may be overzealous)

Getting 5,000 people out of the ground safely, especially if they were spread amongst 4 stands, would be manageable.

- I'm sure clubs will have their own creative means, but a % between relative membership groups is an easy start.

- The same people who enforce it in any other kind of business that is running at the moment, be it a supermarket or whatever, the relative employees hired to do the job.

- It's not hard to imagine there will be the proportionate amount of police or security in attendance, as there always has been.

- A limited crowd for some clubs is going to be the difference between survival and extinction.

There are plenty of ways to skin the cat, but what isn't acceptable is the hypocrisy, that less safe practices are not only being allowed to continue, but actively encouraged, with the PM even requesting people 'go to the cinema', while something conceivably more safer, is restricted disproportionately

#LetFansIn on 14:31 - Oct 6 with 4729 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 14:23 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

Let the fans in and

1.Piss over each other

2.Vomit

3.Gorge on shyte in the shop

then repeat 1 and 2.

How many you seen washing hands at a stadium?

I have never been pissed or vomited on at a football match, although granted I didn't attend in the 1980's

Relative hygiene comes under the cursor of social distancing guidelines, which is not exclusive to attendance at the football
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 14:33]

#LetFansIn on 14:33 - Oct 6 with 4723 viewsjasper_T

You need to space people out horizontally and vertically, no good having an empty row of seats on either side if some random is breathing down your neck.
#LetFansIn on 14:39 - Oct 6 with 4710 viewsCatullus

#LetFansIn on 14:28 - Oct 6 by Jack_Kass

- However many can be safely managed, that is different for Wembley Stadium, than it is for the Liberty. Fag packet maths can easily allow for 5,000 in the stadium? That's accounting for 1 person per 4 seats (a 3 seat gap may be overzealous)

Getting 5,000 people out of the ground safely, especially if they were spread amongst 4 stands, would be manageable.

- I'm sure clubs will have their own creative means, but a % between relative membership groups is an easy start.

- The same people who enforce it in any other kind of business that is running at the moment, be it a supermarket or whatever, the relative employees hired to do the job.

- It's not hard to imagine there will be the proportionate amount of police or security in attendance, as there always has been.

- A limited crowd for some clubs is going to be the difference between survival and extinction.

There are plenty of ways to skin the cat, but what isn't acceptable is the hypocrisy, that less safe practices are not only being allowed to continue, but actively encouraged, with the PM even requesting people 'go to the cinema', while something conceivably more safer, is restricted disproportionately

5000 you think? Brighton were allowed just 2,500 in a stadium with a 30k capacity.

To keep distancing you may have to use every third row. You'd have to the proper maths there, to see how many might be allowed.

Still, as I don't support pubs opening, because many spikes have been seen in local pubs/bars, I couldn't support this. Though to be fair, I am in a high risk group and avoid shops or any busy areas.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

#LetFansIn on 14:39 - Oct 6 with 4710 viewsonehunglow

Its not in the seating lies the problem but the toilets and the general filthy behaviour that is so evident.

People will buy a pint,pasty,then have a piss then get to their seats.

Ideal scenario to close bars/food outlets but they wont because of the revenue.

Its about money making

#LetFansIn on 14:48 - Oct 6 with 4702 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 14:39 - Oct 6 by Catullus

5000 you think? Brighton were allowed just 2,500 in a stadium with a 30k capacity.

To keep distancing you may have to use every third row. You'd have to the proper maths there, to see how many might be allowed.

Still, as I don't support pubs opening, because many spikes have been seen in local pubs/bars, I couldn't support this. Though to be fair, I am in a high risk group and avoid shops or any busy areas.

Obviously I don't have the exact details of how the seating plan at the Liberty would be treated in comparison, there are probably all kinds of risk averse options.

But the point remains that if a cinema, shopping centre, or restaurant is allowed to operate to guidelines given to them, then why shouldn't a football club at least be allowed to attempt the same? Instead of being outright restricted.

It's a character assassination on the supporters, simple as, which sadly some posts in this thread are clear evidence of
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 14:49]

#LetFansIn on 14:50 - Oct 6 with 4700 viewsCatullus

#LetFansIn on 14:39 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

Its not in the seating lies the problem but the toilets and the general filthy behaviour that is so evident.

People will buy a pint,pasty,then have a piss then get to their seats.

Ideal scenario to close bars/food outlets but they wont because of the revenue.

Its about money making

I don't see how they could open the concourses and bars and guarantee people follow the rules. The toilets would need policing, proper policing because people can't be trusted. They'd need hand sanitiser stations, soap by the wash basins and staff going around cleaning during the match, as we see in other businesses.

I still question who gets the tickets, do they run some kind of lottery? How can it be done fairly?

#LetFansIn on 15:03 - Oct 6 with 4689 viewsonehunglow

JK.I dont doubt it for a econd but you must have seen it with others

#LetFansIn on 15:07 - Oct 6 with 4687 viewsonehunglow

Cat.We would have to see a sea change in fans behaviour and Im not sure we'd see it.

If people wont wear masks,they wont be arsed to have a pisse and then not wash handsnor use sanitiser.
As I say, we have till to wake up to this virus and how it has changed life forever.We ve been too comfortable as a society for too long.

#LetFansIn on 15:31 - Oct 6 with 4672 viewswhiterock

I think this will effect football for years not months, I won't be going to a stadium this season even if my ticket got pulled out of a hat, I suspect the same next season too.
#LetFansIn on 15:41 - Oct 6 with 4658 viewsWhiterockin

Don't see many on here agreeing with you and we are football fans.
#LetFansIn on 15:45 - Oct 6 with 4653 viewsVincent_Vega

I reckon if fans don't go back soon in pre covid levels then there will be nothing to go back to and that's in all sports. Not politics just economics. Dems is the facts.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

#LetFansIn on 15:54 - Oct 6 with 4646 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 15:41 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

Don't see many on here agreeing with you and we are football fans.

13k when I posted

Up to 24k now

Plenty do agree

And plenty see that the hypocrisy has to be stopped, you can't allow certain industries to work to guidelines, and others not.

The majority of other business have been allowed to return to customer interaction in some capacity.

#LetFansIn on 16:10 - Oct 6 with 4628 viewsexhmrc1

#LetFansIn on 15:54 - Oct 6 by Jack_Kass

13k when I posted

Up to 24k now

Plenty do agree

And plenty see that the hypocrisy has to be stopped, you can't allow certain industries to work to guidelines, and others not.

The majority of other business have been allowed to return to customer interaction in some capacity.

The government has already made the mistake of opening pubs and borders which have caused the spike in cases we have had. Letting people bring the virus back from infected areas has probably had greater impact than opening pubs. I suspect we are at least 3 weeks from coming out of local lockdown here. The figures have began to stabilise here in South Wales and are now beginning to be affected by student coming here. Of the 425 new cases today 130 are in North Wales which has risen hugely over the last few days. The has also been many cases Resident outside Wales which are probably students and there have been 103 cases today.

There has been a slowdown of cases. It isnt increasing like it was just over a week ago. Swansea Bay has just 4 more cases than a week ago and Cardiff and the Vale, Aneurin Bevan, Cwm Taf, Hywel Dda and Powys have less than the same day last week.

I cannot see the government making the same mistake of getting the figures down then opening stadia. Even if they did they would keep at least every other row empty and at least every 2 seats probably 3 empty. You wont have more than 3000 in a ground like the Liberty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024