Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
#LetFansIn 13:01 - Oct 6 with 8063 viewsJack_Kass

Sign the petition - https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

Share the hashtag on social media

It may not do anything, but we have nothing to lose.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

#LetFansIn on 16:24 - Oct 6 with 1664 viewsandrew

#LetFansIn on 13:21 - Oct 6 by jasper_T

It's a public safety issue, not a personal safety issue.

Restrictions should be stronger, not looser.

“There is no evidence that this virus is being transmitted outdoors”

Mark Drakeford

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

#LetFansIn on 16:38 - Oct 6 with 1656 viewsReslovenSwan1

#LetFansIn on 16:24 - Oct 6 by andrew

“There is no evidence that this virus is being transmitted outdoors”

Mark Drakeford

We should have this fully tested by now. Open the stadiums take names and addressess track and trace and see what happens.

Wise sage since Toshack era

#LetFansIn on 16:41 - Oct 6 with 1655 viewsCatullus

#LetFansIn on 14:48 - Oct 6 by Jack_Kass

Obviously I don't have the exact details of how the seating plan at the Liberty would be treated in comparison, there are probably all kinds of risk averse options.

But the point remains that if a cinema, shopping centre, or restaurant is allowed to operate to guidelines given to them, then why shouldn't a football club at least be allowed to attempt the same? Instead of being outright restricted.

It's a character assassination on the supporters, simple as, which sadly some posts in this thread are clear evidence of
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 14:49]

Character assasination on the supporters? No, it's character assasination of the human race because we are stupid, too many people can't or won't obey the rules, given some alcohol the number increases.

People can't maintain distancing in local shops and pubs, people refuse to wear masks.

PS, while it hasn't happened in recent memory (since we moved to the Liberty) getting a golden shower or a vomit pack was a regular down the Vetch. You couldn't even walk into the North Bank toilets some days without being an inch deep in "water" and I saw people throwing up in the turnstyles often enough. At the Liberty people rarely washed their hands and I'm as guilty as anyone there.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

#LetFansIn on 16:41 - Oct 6 with 1652 viewsAndyconky

Signed

Blog: Are we any better than other supporters ?

#LetFansIn on 16:59 - Oct 6 with 1640 viewsonehunglow

Old jack threw up all over us at Pride Park.Nice chap though

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

#LetFansIn on 17:31 - Oct 6 with 1628 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 16:59 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

Old jack threw up all over us at Pride Park.Nice chap though

An incident that can only be compared to the Hull game, in terms of seemingly impossible attendance

We must have taken something close to 25,000 that day , with OldJack spraying the ground like a loose, vomit fueled hosepipe

#LetFansIn on 17:54 - Oct 6 with 1602 viewsAndyCole

Would be far more comfortable going to the Liberty than the local Lidl.

Ridiculous that stadia are treated differently to some of these hot sweaty cramped aisles with the great unwashed up close and personal.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

#LetFansIn on 18:29 - Oct 6 with 1593 viewsAndy1300

#LetFansIn on 13:41 - Oct 6 by Badlands

You may feel you have the right to attend but then people outside have the right to expect you to stay away from them and possibly pass on a life threatening and debilitation virus. When the self employed have to self isolate that's two weeks without working or earning.
We are really living in a world where minorities can shout I wanted expect to be given.

So I guess those people would be careful about where they went and would shield themselves from danger, just as they have been doing for years

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

#LetFansIn on 18:41 - Oct 6 with 1583 viewsJack_Kass

68k!

[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 18:45]

#LetFansIn on 19:04 - Oct 6 with 1568 viewsKeithHaynes

#LetFansIn on 18:41 - Oct 6 by Jack_Kass

68k!

[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 18:45]

There has time when fans are allowed back in a strategic way, there also has to be a way that those who don’t want to go don’t feel alienated. But like running this website.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

#LetFansIn on 19:34 - Oct 6 with 1548 viewsOldjack

#LetFansIn on 15:54 - Oct 6 by Jack_Kass

13k when I posted

Up to 24k now

Plenty do agree

And plenty see that the hypocrisy has to be stopped, you can't allow certain industries to work to guidelines, and others not.

The majority of other business have been allowed to return to customer interaction in some capacity.

never gonna happen any time soon

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

#LetFansIn on 19:39 - Oct 6 with 1540 viewsKeithHaynes

#LetFansIn on 19:34 - Oct 6 by Oldjack

Welcome back 👍

#LetFansIn on 19:48 - Oct 6 with 1533 viewsJack_Kass

#LetFansIn on 19:34 - Oct 6 by Oldjack

85k in a days work.

Keep the faith.

All we can do is highlight the inaccuracies and unfair treatment.

As things stand, there is no reason why football grounds shouldn't be treated the same as pubs, restaurants etc

Whether they should be open is another debate entirely, but they are, so what is fair for one, is fair for another.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2020 19:49]

#LetFansIn on 19:56 - Oct 6 with 1526 viewsNeath_Jack

Not for me, let's see where we are in December.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

#LetFansIn on 21:06 - Oct 6 with 1509 viewsJack_Kass

And we are officially over the line with 105k.

Let's see if it makes it into debate at the HOP

#LetFansIn on 21:07 - Oct 6 with 1508 viewsbuilthjack

Not signed

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

#LetFansIn on 21:31 - Oct 6 with 1492 viewsScotia

Stadiums could open safely. Without a doubt.

Close the bars, no loitering in the concourse, social distancing in the queue, no turnstiles, minimise people in the bogs, masks worn and seat people as an absolute minimum of 2 metres apart (or even 4 metres just to be certain for starters) .

Any clubs not putting in the measures are back to playing behind closed doors instantly and if similar happens again points are docked.

If we don't think slightly out of the box we are going to have no crowds at all until 21/22.

Nearby pubs and public transport would be a problem too so would need strict monitoring.
#LetFansIn on 21:32 - Oct 6 with 1487 viewsKeithHaynes

#LetFansIn on 21:31 - Oct 6 by Scotia

Close the bars, no loitering in the concourse, social distancing in the queue, no turnstiles, minimise people in the bogs, masks worn and seat people as an absolute minimum of 2 metres apart (or even 4 metres just to be certain for starters) .

Any clubs not putting in the measures are back to playing behind closed doors instantly and if similar happens again points are docked.

If we don't think slightly out of the box we are going to have no crowds at all until 21/22.

Nearby pubs and public transport would be a problem too so would need strict monitoring.

Your last point cracks it. That’s the problem.

#LetFansIn on 09:21 - Oct 7 with 1425 viewsVincent_Vega

#LetFansIn on 21:31 - Oct 6 by Scotia

Never going to happen, using the Swans as an example. It would cost the club more to let fans in under those conditions than just leaving the doors closed. The club have our season ticket money. No money made by the bars, concourse and the bogs are too small in 3 of the stands and I'd question the west too in regards to Social distancing even at 25% capacity. Also you'd have to employ extra staff to enforce these new rules again adding to cost.

Agree if you have to wait until Covid goes then yeah no crowds this season, what clubs outside the prem can survive that?

Oh and good luck enforcing new covid rules in pubs on matchday, landlords/ladies and bar staff are taking a pasting off punters now imagine 1000's of footy fans?

Either open all up no restrictions like before and chance it or keep as we are for the next 18 months to 2 years. There is no alternative and bear in mind the majority of the 72 cannot afford that.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

#LetFansIn on 10:34 - Oct 7 with 1411 viewsonehunglow

VV.
It simply boils down to the fact we have a nation of tossers who cannot or willnot comply with advice thinking they they either know better or cant be arsed-a national disease in itself.

We are a nation where 10 pm is too early to stop drinking alcohol.In fact politicians,TORY ones at that rebel against their own Govt at the closure time.No doubt concerned for chums in the drinks/gaming industry. It shows what we are about. This is seen as an infringement on liberty .

Look no further than our own stupidity.

#LetFansIn on 11:00 - Oct 7 with 1398 viewsScotia

#LetFansIn on 09:21 - Oct 7 by Vincent_Vega

Never going to happen, using the Swans as an example. It would cost the club more to let fans in under those conditions than just leaving the doors closed. The club have our season ticket money. No money made by the bars, concourse and the bogs are too small in 3 of the stands and I'd question the west too in regards to Social distancing even at 25% capacity. Also you'd have to employ extra staff to enforce these new rules again adding to cost.

Agree if you have to wait until Covid goes then yeah no crowds this season, what clubs outside the prem can survive that?

Oh and good luck enforcing new covid rules in pubs on matchday, landlords/ladies and bar staff are taking a pasting off punters now imagine 1000's of footy fans?

Either open all up no restrictions like before and chance it or keep as we are for the next 18 months to 2 years. There is no alternative and bear in mind the majority of the 72 cannot afford that.

I agree and understand it is difficult that is why I haven't and won't sign the petition. I wouldn't go under those conditions but it is those conditions or nothing, because we can't open up as we were. Those condiditons are safe - are they workable for the Swans? Probably not but for other clubs they may be.

For example I reckon the Ospreys could easily let 50% of their season ticket holders in to each game, that would probably be about 3500 people.

Ultimately a lot of football clubs will go under, and I can see the 72 dwindling to something like 50 by next season.

Same goes for the pubs, I'm a member of the Landore club they rely heavily on Swans match days, they will struggle financially this year. Could they afford to only allow members in on a match day? Probably not but it may be better than nothing.

It's probably not the seating in the stadium that is the major issue but the pubs, concourses, trains and buses that are the problem.
#LetFansIn on 12:29 - Oct 7 with 1372 viewsMrSwerve

Letting 5k+ fans into a stadium of any size simply isn't going to happen, regardless of how easy it is to socially distance people in the stands.

As has already been said, you've got to think about the thousands extra using public transport, pubs, restaurants, etc.

Whether we like it or not, football fans have the tendency to have plenty of alcohol before/with/after the game and this is where social distancing is breaking down. There'll also be idiots travelling to the stadium/nearby pubs even though they can't get in.

It's a bigger problem than the actual match/stadium itself. However many thousands sign that petition, it's still a tiny amount compared to how many football fans there are.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

#LetFansIn on 13:08 - Oct 7 with 1365 viewsonehunglow

Sadly,we are all victims of a drinking culture the genesis of which was in our glory industrial days when heavy drinking/replacement of fluid was considered normal-as was of course the wife battering as a result which went unpunished.

#LetFansIn on 15:02 - Oct 7 with 1348 viewsWhiterockin

Anyone who thinks a couple of thousand in the Liberty is a good idea, has forgotten those miserable mid week cup games freezing cold and no atmosphere.
#LetFansIn on 15:42 - Oct 7 with 1337 viewsReslovenSwan1

Play at lunchtime with about 2000 to start with. Toilets stewarded with maximum 5 people. Sanatiser used on entrance and exit. No food or drink on sale. Wear masks and bring a 60s style rattle instead ouf shouting.

Cold packed lunch including sandwiches and soft drink pre ordered and collected on concourse for collection on arrival. Pre booked seat numbers.

Risk level very low.

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024