Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Laurence Fox = Legend 21:40 - Oct 7 with 2079 viewsKerouac

Fox criticised Sainsburys for supporting 'Black History Month', he stated that it was divisive.
Up jumps the professionally outraged and a couple call him a racist.
Fox replies that they are peadophiles.
Cue outrage and a lawsuit....a point perfectly well made.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/laurence-fox-to-be-sued-by-rupaul-s-drag-r

For those that disagree, please explain why it is ok for one bunch of people to besmirch Fox's good character, and yet it is apparently outrageous for him to respond in kind...

Discuss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Laurence Fox = Legend on 18:51 - Oct 8 with 556 viewsonehunglow

Anyway,I asked who decides just who is posh or indeed constitutes poshness.

My ma had my sister go to elocution lessons before he went to Mynyddbach as she thought her thick Swansea accent would hold her back.

Crazy ol girl he was.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Laurence Fox = Legend on 19:12 - Oct 8 with 541 viewsFlashberryjack

Laurence Fox = Legend on 17:17 - Oct 8 by Kilkennyjack

Its too late .....

😎

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Laurence Fox = Legend on 06:44 - Oct 9 with 458 viewsjackal

Laurence Fox = Legend on 13:48 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

I loved Fox as the Jackal.My fav film of all time. The Algerian War fascinating me as a young man

Day of the Jackal was a favourite of mine. A brilliant book.

Just for the record Laurence's father was James Fox. He made some good films in the 60's, including Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines.
Laurence Fox = Legend on 09:48 - Oct 9 with 434 viewsCatullus

Laurence Fox = Legend on 06:44 - Oct 9 by jackal

Day of the Jackal was a favourite of mine. A brilliant book.

Just for the record Laurence's father was James Fox. He made some good films in the 60's, including Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines.

There were some great actors around in the 60's. Actors who could do serious roles and comedy. Actors who are legends like Jack Lemmon.

Laurence isn't quite up there and with his political opinions being what they are, I think there's a lot of the woke who'll never forgive him.

PS, it's only related as a 60's film but I always enjoy the silliness of "The Great Race"

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Laurence Fox = Legend on 13:17 - Oct 9 with 410 viewschad

Racism is a serious offence and casual false accusations of racism should also be treated as a serious matter. Although previously repeatedly went unchecked on here, with failure to back up such claims with fact when requested.

They not only falsely and seriously besmirch the character of anyone falsely accused, they are as damaging to the victims of actual racism, as for example, the abomination of vexatious false claims of rape are to actual rape victims.

They are divisive actions by people who think they are above the law. We have seen where allowing people to think they are above the law has led us in the past and there is only so much others will tolerate if such unfairness is perpetuated by the authorities.

Fox is afraid this could all lead to division and a race war, and he may well have a point. He might have been better to take action on their abuse, rather than return it, but therein lies the problem. There is such an atmosphere of entitlement when purporting to support certain issues that actual equality to redress seems to be thrown out of the window.

I also note the separate Lammy case, which is also totally unacceptable, I repeat racism is a serious offence. Twitter seem to be a law unto themselves, but it’s users seem not to want to vote with their virtual feet. Not difficult to see why, the power of media.
Laurence Fox = Legend on 13:20 - Oct 9 with 405 viewsFlashberryjack

Laurence Fox = Legend on 13:17 - Oct 9 by chad

Racism is a serious offence and casual false accusations of racism should also be treated as a serious matter. Although previously repeatedly went unchecked on here, with failure to back up such claims with fact when requested.

They not only falsely and seriously besmirch the character of anyone falsely accused, they are as damaging to the victims of actual racism, as for example, the abomination of vexatious false claims of rape are to actual rape victims.

They are divisive actions by people who think they are above the law. We have seen where allowing people to think they are above the law has led us in the past and there is only so much others will tolerate if such unfairness is perpetuated by the authorities.

Fox is afraid this could all lead to division and a race war, and he may well have a point. He might have been better to take action on their abuse, rather than return it, but therein lies the problem. There is such an atmosphere of entitlement when purporting to support certain issues that actual equality to redress seems to be thrown out of the window.

I also note the separate Lammy case, which is also totally unacceptable, I repeat racism is a serious offence. Twitter seem to be a law unto themselves, but it’s users seem not to want to vote with their virtual feet. Not difficult to see why, the power of media.

The word "Racist" reminds of confetti.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Laurence Fox = Legend on 15:45 - Oct 9 with 381 viewschad

Laurence Fox = Legend on 13:20 - Oct 9 by Flashberryjack

The word "Racist" reminds of confetti.

Thrown around indiscriminately, and no one cleans it up?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024