Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Premier League games 17:14 - Oct 9 with 2144 viewsTenbySwan

Not part of the live TV agreements with Sky and BT to be £14.95 each after the international break.

Sky and BT will continue to show games to their subscribers as part of their package but other games including 3pm kick.offs will be charged for through their box office PPV platform

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54481945
[Post edited 9 Oct 2020 17:16]
Premier League games on 21:35 - Oct 9 with 2114 viewsJack_Kass

Warra bunch of cants.

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Premier League games on 22:17 - Oct 9 with 2106 viewsVincent_Vega

If they used that income to support the lower leagues I’d be more accepting of it but this is just greed and screams to me that this is what the PL want. It stinks!!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Premier League games on 22:32 - Oct 9 with 2104 viewsFireboy2

They can shove the PL right up their *********

This post has been edited by an administrator
Premier League games on 22:50 - Oct 9 with 2095 viewsCatullus

Hang on, surely this is no different to paying to watch our games on Swanstv? The games that are on Sky and Bt still get shown, it's the games not due for coverage that people can pay to watch. So if you're a Villa or Palace fan you can watch all your teams games. The highlights will still be on MOTD. Us Non EPl fans aren't losing out.

What's the problem, apart from the price?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Premier League games on 23:48 - Oct 9 with 2086 viewsKilkennyjack

Premier League games on 22:50 - Oct 9 by Catullus

Hang on, surely this is no different to paying to watch our games on Swanstv? The games that are on Sky and Bt still get shown, it's the games not due for coverage that people can pay to watch. So if you're a Villa or Palace fan you can watch all your teams games. The highlights will still be on MOTD. Us Non EPl fans aren't losing out.

It should be a fiver a game so more people can watch.

They would probably get more money that way as well.

Greedy feckers.

Beware of the Risen People

Premier League games on 03:33 - Oct 10 with 2069 viewsNotLoyal

Are the responses in this thread seriously trying to ruin any chance of the site owner raising cash for his daughter.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Premier League games on 08:58 - Oct 10 with 2038 viewsWhiterockin

Premier League games on 23:48 - Oct 9 by Kilkennyjack

It should be a fiver a game so more people can watch.

They would probably get more money that way as well.

Greedy feckers.

You want to pay £5 to watch a Premier League game when it is £10 to watch a championship game on iFollow?
Premier League games on 11:14 - Oct 10 with 2003 viewsJack_Kass

Premier League games on 22:50 - Oct 9 by Catullus

It's the incessant greed involved.

Premier League clubs don't NEED that money, its a drop in the ocean to them. Don't forget they get paid for every game SKY showed, this is now moving that onus away from SKY, to the fans.

A good number of people paying £10 to a Football League clubs game, especially L1 and L2, is a world of difference.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 11:15]

Login to get fewer ads

Premier League games on 12:24 - Oct 10 with 1978 viewsCatullus

Premier League games on 11:14 - Oct 10 by Jack_Kass

It's the incessant greed involved.

Premier League clubs don't NEED that money, its a drop in the ocean to them. Don't forget they get paid for every game SKY showed, this is now moving that onus away from SKY, to the fans.

A good number of people paying £10 to a Football League clubs game, especially L1 and L2, is a world of difference.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2020 11:15]

In that case why do people go to the stadiums at all? The cllubs don't need the money? It doesn't explain to me how most of the EPL clubs run at a loss mind you.

I'll admit the top 5/6 clubs don't need the money but other clubs aren't in the same boat. Even at £15 per game most of the EPL sides will lose money compared to matchday income. Based on 2017/18,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/22/premier-league-finances-club-gu

The loss of matchday income could be crippling to quite a few clubs, specially those clubs making a loss already.
Remember when I said I was quite happy in the Championship and got a few pelters for it. I said I was turned off by the greed, by players earning 40/50/60k and expecting more at contract talks or transfer deals even when they had distinctly average seasons. That greed is coming back to haunt many of them right now. Players still expect their wages, not many agreed a cut but only a deferment so at 15 a game clubs are still losing money.

That's the reality of the Premier league, the greed they have built up since 1992 is now a massive chicken coming home to roost.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Premier League games on 12:29 - Oct 10 with 1975 viewsThornburyswan

Premier league clubs plus Sky/BT in money grab shocker!
Premier League games on 12:55 - Oct 10 with 1964 viewsJack_Kass

Premier League games on 12:24 - Oct 10 by Catullus

In that case why do people go to the stadiums at all? The cllubs don't need the money? It doesn't explain to me how most of the EPL clubs run at a loss mind you.

I'll admit the top 5/6 clubs don't need the money but other clubs aren't in the same boat. Even at £15 per game most of the EPL sides will lose money compared to matchday income. Based on 2017/18,

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/22/premier-league-finances-club-gu

The loss of matchday income could be crippling to quite a few clubs, specially those clubs making a loss already.
Remember when I said I was quite happy in the Championship and got a few pelters for it. I said I was turned off by the greed, by players earning 40/50/60k and expecting more at contract talks or transfer deals even when they had distinctly average seasons. That greed is coming back to haunt many of them right now. Players still expect their wages, not many agreed a cut but only a deferment so at 15 a game clubs are still losing money.

That's the reality of the Premier league, the greed they have built up since 1992 is now a massive chicken coming home to roost.

They run at a loss because they're all chasing each others tails to compete, and stay in the league, with wages/fees growing exponentially

Any club that gets promoted, and theoretically maintains a Championship budget, will probably get relegated, but be set for years to come. The payments are north of £100m, its the fact that everything else goes up, mitigates the clubs from profiting.

At this moment in time, Burnley (probably the smallest club) don't need fans to attend games to survive, with payments of £100m every year, if they do then there's something seriously wrong.

Premier League games on 13:43 - Oct 10 with 1948 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Does anyone know if Swansea get a percentage of away game TV fee when you subscribe to Swansea TV for an away game?
Or does it all go to home team?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Premier League games on 14:12 - Oct 10 with 1941 viewsonehunglow

Ive got rid of my streamer and quite happy to contribute to our club to watch games as opposed to cheating by streaming free.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Premier League games on 12:42 - Oct 11 with 1843 viewsdemonk

Premier League games on 14:12 - Oct 10 by onehunglow

Ive got rid of my streamer and quite happy to contribute to our club to watch games as opposed to cheating by streaming free.

If you got season ticket you don't pay to £10 to watch swans.
But you still got to pay the £15 to watch the prem games even after buying season ticket.
Premier League games on 13:04 - Oct 11 with 1837 viewsWhiterockin

Premier League games on 12:42 - Oct 11 by demonk

If you got season ticket you don't pay to £10 to watch swans.
But you still got to pay the £15 to watch the prem games even after buying season ticket.

Work it out, if you have forfeited your season ticket for the Swans Tv steam, for the majority it is costing more than £10 a game.
Premier League games on 20:57 - Oct 11 with 1794 viewspikeypaul

Good value at £15 for games that would not have been shown live on TV otherwise.Its funny how quickly people get used to having something for nothing and then expect it to be the norm.

It’s not as if only 1 person can watch and no one is forcing anyone to pay or watch.If you don’t want to watch or not prepared to pay don’t watch it.simples.

But hey we will always have people wanting everything for nothing and live of the rest of us won’t we.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Premier League games on 05:22 - Oct 12 with 1772 viewsKilkennyjack

Premier League games on 08:58 - Oct 10 by Whiterockin

You want to pay £5 to watch a Premier League game when it is £10 to watch a championship game on iFollow?

You presume a load of old bollox.

Cash rich Premier League would get more takers at £5 anyway.
Maybe more revenue.

I think the EPL should help the fans out for once.
Players on huge money whilst the nHS fights for lives and others lose their jobs in pandemic.
Be a good thing to do.

The Championship is another matter.

Premier League games on 05:24 - Oct 12 with 1771 viewsKilkennyjack

Premier League games on 20:57 - Oct 11 by pikeypaul

Good value at £15 for games that would not have been shown live on TV otherwise.Its funny how quickly people get used to having something for nothing and then expect it to be the norm.

It’s not as if only 1 person can watch and no one is forcing anyone to pay or watch.If you don’t want to watch or not prepared to pay don’t watch it.simples.

But hey we will always have people wanting everything for nothing and live of the rest of us won’t we.

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

OUT

AFLI

You are wrong on every single issue.

A prize idiot.

Premier League games on 12:47 - Oct 12 with 1732 viewsraynor94

Premier League games on 20:57 - Oct 11 by pikeypaul

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

OUT

AFLI

Got to agree with all of that

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Premier League games on 03:20 - Oct 27 with 1666 viewsWhiterockin

Changes on the way?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54692739
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024