Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread 18:53 - Oct 9 with 5289 viewsNotLoyal

Sunday 11th October 2020
2pm
Aviva Stadium
Dublin

Ireland v Wales, two countries with so much in common, so whats the relevance of this fixture ? Irish folk will be hoping for a win as they are slowly losing the right to play in next years Euro Championships. Wales manager Ryan Giggs on the other hand has already seen his side qualify for those championships over an exciting last few games of qualification. But of course what is this Irish thing we all know about.

However ...

Here's one - More Irish people are living abroad than there are in Ireland. There are 80 million Irish people outside of Ireland and only around 6 million in Ireland. But at this point we have to pause, apparently most of the USA think they are Irish, but out of the 17 million who think they are, only 9 of them are actually Irish. If we apply the qualification rules for playing for Ireland at football to this principle, nobody in the USA is Irish. In fact the truth is the USA would owe Ireland 78 million people as of today if this principle was applied . Its a conundrum which now solved is fact. I'm happy to help.

Many musicians in the USA also believe they are Irish, the Boston based ( clue ) band Dropkick Murphys sing about Ireland a lot, however none of them have ever been to Ireland and in fact they are more reservation Indian than Irish. Not a lot of people know that but now you do, make your own mind up. On the other hand if you apply the fact that most American Irish have great, great, great, great, great grandparents who came from Ireland the whole population of the states are Irish bar one bloke who lives in Greenwich village, New York who is actually American. When last asked he thought he was Italian but didn't know where Italy was.

Dropkick Murphys yesterday. Honestly, get a country.

Strangely enough most real Irish people in Ireland call themselves Republicans, but not like USA Republicans, more like Republicans who aren't Americans. At this point it becomes complicated, but suffice to say that's a fact as well. In Wales supporters of Plaid would call themselves Welsh nationalists but not like British nationalists who are different entirely, it continues to get confusing because Scottish nationalists are independent seeking people the same as Irish republicans. However they are not republicans. They are nationalists. Politically its a quandary.

Wales is a great place full of Welsh people from Ton Pentre and Carmarthen, however most live in Aberaeron and Whitland. The Welsh government all live in Cardiff in a large building like Antifa did in Washington a few months ago. They make rules up that primarily suit people who live in the Lekwith area of the city, nobody knows why, and many areas of Wales are not sure if any of these political people actually exist or are cardboard characters with strange tendencies. Either way there's another place there called Ely where swamp people live. In Lekwith lives a man called Anus who writes fictional books on fighting, he follows England and eats kebabs. When England scored their third goal on Thursday night he mobbed up with his next door neighbour and gassed himself in the face. He lay on the floor until a SWAT team from Belgium appeared and tucked him up in bed with a hot drink, they still have his English passport.

Pre Match build up here.
Ireland v Wales PRE MATCH by SwansIndependent 11 Oct 2020 9:05
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/53084/ireland-v-wales-pre-match

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

More to follow.

[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 9:26]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Oct 10 with 2070 viewsBadlands

They call themselves republicans because Ireland is a republic.
Or as a friend from Cork told me, 'It because we like publicans.' :-)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 23:26 - Oct 10 with 2007 viewsNortbankboy

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 16:58 - Oct 10 by Badlands

They call themselves republicans because Ireland is a republic.
Or as a friend from Cork told me, 'It because we like publicans.' :-)

I'll be supporting the celts
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 09:10 - Oct 11 with 1941 viewsepaul

My roots are Oirish, but after the way they took Joey out feck em hope we stuff the dirty gits

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 10:03 - Oct 11 with 1874 viewspikeypaul

With the absentees there is a lack of quality,but with the likes of Wilson coming in we have more flare than this typically dull Eire team lacking there only decent player in Coleman.
Can't see more than 2 goals in the entire game,but hope I am wrong despite my under 2.5 bet in a treble.
Would like to see another 4-1 thrashing but I think that will have to be left until Bale and the other big guns return.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:00 - Oct 11 with 1829 viewsbuilthjack

Just had a text off someone in the know to say a few Irish players have tested positive this morning for Covid

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:01 - Oct 11 with 1826 viewsbuilthjack

Brooks and James starting

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:15 - Oct 11 with 1819 viewsFireboy2

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:00 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Just had a text off someone in the know to say a few Irish players have tested positive this morning for Covid

Five to be exact K.
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:34 - Oct 11 with 1794 viewspikeypaul

1 unnamed pikey tested positive and 4 other pikeys who have not tested positive but had contact with a member of the background staff who has tested positive.
The Pikeys price has drifted from 3.0 to 3.6, easy trading and arbbing opportunity .

OUT

AFLI

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 12:41]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Login to get fewer ads

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:38 - Oct 11 with 1793 viewsSwanjaxs

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:34 - Oct 11 by pikeypaul

1 unnamed pikey tested positive and 4 other pikeys who have not tested positive but had contact with a member of the background staff who has tested positive.
The Pikeys price has drifted from 3.0 to 3.6, easy trading and arbbing opportunity .

OUT

AFLI

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

"Micks", really...

You really are a piece of filth ain't you.

GFY 👍🏻

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:42 - Oct 11 with 1791 viewsjasper_T

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:01 - Oct 11 by builthjack

Brooks and James starting

Brooks is on bench. Wilson, Ramsey and James behind Kieffer.
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:44 - Oct 11 with 1778 viewsSwanjaxs

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:34 - Oct 11 by pikeypaul

OUT

AFLI

🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Pikeys now is it.

Have a day off you hateful little no-mark

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:45 - Oct 11 with 1782 viewsbuilthjack

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:42 - Oct 11 by jasper_T

Brooks is on bench. Wilson, Ramsey and James behind Kieffer.

He struggled in the warm up apparently (Brooks)

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 13:03 - Oct 11 with 1767 viewstheloneranger

Wales: Hennessey; C Roberts, Ampadu, Rodon, B Davies; Smith, Morrell; Wilson, Ramsey (C), James; Moore.

Subs: Ward, A Davies, Gunter, N Williams, Cabango, J Williams, T Roberts, Matondo, Brooks, Levitt, Norrington-Davies, Vaulks.

5 subs allowed today!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 13:44 - Oct 11 with 1720 viewstrampie

Come on Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 13:52 - Oct 11 with 1703 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 12:44 - Oct 11 by Swanjaxs

Pikeys now is it.

Have a day off you hateful little no-mark

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 13:55 - Oct 11 with 1700 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Is it me or has Brooks and to a lesser extent Wilson not thrilled their potential on the international stage? And Woodburn seems to have backwards aswel.
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 13:59 - Oct 11 with 1689 viewstrampie

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 13:55 - Oct 11 by blaenaugwentjack

Is it me or has Brooks and to a lesser extent Wilson not thrilled their potential on the international stage? And Woodburn seems to have backwards aswel.

Woodburn definitely gone backwards, has Brooks and H.Wilson progressed as much as we would have liked up to this point is the question I guess.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:00 - Oct 11 with 1680 viewstrampie

Ampadu centre half.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:13 - Oct 11 with 1671 viewsblaenaugwentjack

J william s must feel slightly hard done by not to be playing after his performance against England, but it would have been difficult for him into the present system.
Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:35 - Oct 11 with 1629 viewsonehunglow

Jeez.How tedious is this

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:42 - Oct 11 with 1621 viewstrampie

This ref so far isn't give Wales many decisions.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:46 - Oct 11 with 1609 viewsbuilthjack

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:35 - Oct 11 by onehunglow

Jeez.How tedious is this

Who are you supporting today?

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:47 - Oct 11 with 1600 viewsAlgorfajack

These are supposed to be international footballers.

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:49 - Oct 11 with 1583 viewstrampie

0-0 at the interval.

Ireland v Wales Matchday Thread on 14:52 - Oct 11 with 1566 viewsjasper_T

Problem with Ramsey is we end up playing a 4-4-2. Morrell and Smith done well defensively but at times Smith is being told to come right out to engage and it's just littlest Joe on his own in there.

Pin DJ to the left touchline so he doesn't wander infield where he won't do anything. He proved he can do Christie for pace from a standing start.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024