Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. 14:39 - Oct 10 with 4559 viewsHighjack

Another victim of the cancel culture that is sweeping the globe like a rather unwelcome venereal rash is the excellent sitcom “The I.T Crowd”. Channel 4 has decided to delete this genuinely hilarious episode from its catch up service after receiving complaints. In the episode the playboy boss character Douglas falls in love with April who tells him over dinner that she used to be a man. He mishears her and says he doesn’t care, he thinks she said she’s from Iran. When he eventually finds out the truth they have a massive fist fight which results in the breaking of the internet that has been lent to Jen by Stephen Hawking and the elders of the internet.

The creator Graham Linehan is an outspoken critic of militant trans activism and has recently been booted off twitter for suggesting that men aren’t women. He has said he won’t work with channel 4 again until it is reinstated, effectively ending a partnership that has lasted for over 25 years and brought other award winning great shows like father ted and black books.

Here is the offending clip. Decide for yourself, rate it funny, not funny or offensive.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 14:42 - Oct 10 with 4245 viewsHighjack

And the fight scene.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 16:58 - Oct 10 with 4196 viewsFlashberryjack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 14:42 - Oct 10 by Highjack

And the fight scene.

Never watched it, but after watching those clips I wish I had.

Funny as f*ck.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 17:10 - Oct 10 with 4189 viewsHighjack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 16:58 - Oct 10 by Flashberryjack

Never watched it, but after watching those clips I wish I had.

Funny as f*ck.

It is brilliant. The whole series is on Netflix, it hasn’t been cancelled on there yet. This is one of the best episodes, along with the one where they go to the theatre to watch Gay! The musical, and the one where they play Street Countdown.

It would be a real shame if the woke freaks get their filthy mitts on this and father ted.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 18:28 - Oct 10 with 4164 viewsFlashberryjack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 17:10 - Oct 10 by Highjack

It is brilliant. The whole series is on Netflix, it hasn’t been cancelled on there yet. This is one of the best episodes, along with the one where they go to the theatre to watch Gay! The musical, and the one where they play Street Countdown.

It would be a real shame if the woke freaks get their filthy mitts on this and father ted.

The woke's are slowly but surely squeezing the "Funny" out of comedy"

Hello

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 19:26 - Oct 10 with 4138 viewsNeath_Jack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 18:28 - Oct 10 by Flashberryjack

The woke's are slowly but surely squeezing the "Funny" out of comedy"

Who decides what is funny? Right whingers? Lefties? Patriots? Muslims? Catholics?

It's got f*ck all to do with the right whingers favourite term "woke".

I think that show is as unfunny as Mrs Browns Boys personally.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:19 - Oct 10 with 4117 viewsHighjack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 19:26 - Oct 10 by Neath_Jack

Who decides what is funny? Right whingers? Lefties? Patriots? Muslims? Catholics?

Well that’s your choice. But It hasn’t been pulled because it’s not funny.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:25 - Oct 10 with 4113 viewsFlashberryjack

It depends on their sense of humour i'd guess.

As it happens I don't find Mrs Brown Boys funny either, so you know what do, I turn the f*cking thing off.

Unfortunately, some feel the need to ban a programme rather than switch channels or switch it off, and that goes for Right whingers (as you call them), Lefties, Patriots, Muslims or Catholics.

Hello

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:40 - Oct 10 with 4102 viewsBoundy

So why pull individual episodes and not the whole programme ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:43 - Oct 10 with 4098 viewsNeath_Jack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:19 - Oct 10 by Highjack

Well that’s your choice. But It hasn’t been pulled because it’s not funny.

I don’t care why it’s been pulled.

I got involved because the term woke was used.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:44 - Oct 10 with 4094 viewsNeath_Jack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:25 - Oct 10 by Flashberryjack

It depends on their sense of humour i'd guess.

As it happens I don't find Mrs Brown Boys funny either, so you know what do, I turn the f*cking thing off.

Unfortunately, some feel the need to ban a programme rather than switch channels or switch it off, and that goes for Right whingers (as you call them), Lefties, Patriots, Muslims or Catholics.

Correct, I don’t watch either.

Has it been banned then?

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:44 - Oct 10 with 4091 viewsNeath_Jack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:40 - Oct 10 by Boundy

So why pull individual episodes and not the whole programme ?

I’ve no idea, you’d have to ask the people who pulled it I guess.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 21:06 - Oct 10 with 4077 viewsHighjack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 20:43 - Oct 10 by Neath_Jack

I don’t care why it’s been pulled.

I got involved because the term woke was used.

It’s the woke idiots putting in the complaints causing it to be pulled.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 00:49 - Oct 11 with 4021 viewsFieryJack

A deeply unfunny series - like most "comedic" stuff on tv.

The American series "Better Things" beats this sort of rubbish into a cocked hat.

42 short episodes, each one a gold-quality nugget.

But that's just my opinion.
The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 03:58 - Oct 11 with 4006 viewsDr_Parnassus

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 21:06 - Oct 10 by Highjack

It’s the woke idiots putting in the complaints causing it to be pulled.

The woke brigade are even offended at being called woke now.

I’m sure they invented the term, didn’t they?

I genuinely think it’s a mental disorder. The need to be offended and to find conflict in every single situation. If it’s not there, they just pretend it is.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 12:18 - Oct 11 with 3936 viewsBarrySwan

The fight scene is one of the funniest that 've seen the episode is also one of the funniest in the series.
The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 13:08 - Oct 11 with 3911 viewsHighjack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 00:49 - Oct 11 by FieryJack

A deeply unfunny series - like most "comedic" stuff on tv.

The American series "Better Things" beats this sort of rubbish into a cocked hat.

42 short episodes, each one a gold-quality nugget.

But that's just my opinion.

American comedy? That’s an oxymoron Shirley?

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 13:16 - Oct 11 with 3901 viewscontroversial_jack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 13:08 - Oct 11 by Highjack

American comedy? That’s an oxymoron Shirley?

Agree, I don't find American humour to be at all funny. It's too one dimensional.
The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 13:19 - Oct 11 with 3900 viewsHighjack

The issue here for me is the current culture of pandering to a tiny and very vocal group.

When it was on tv it had viewing figures of about 2 to 3 million which would have been quite strong for a channel 4 show. Most of whom would have enjoyed it. Some wouldn’t have but they wouldn’t have called for it to be banned. Since then it’s been shown on repeat several times and also available on 4 on demand and Netflix for over ten years. I think even at a conservative estimate it’s probably been watched by 30 million people around the world at some point. It’s very popular in America too so the figure is probably far higher.

Now despite all these millions of people watching and enjoying it they get a small smattering of complaints, maybe a few hundred from the everything is offensive brigade on twitter and they immediately pull it. It’s madness but it’s happening everywhere.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 13:21 - Oct 11 with 3898 viewsHighjack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 13:16 - Oct 11 by controversial_jack

Agree, I don't find American humour to be at all funny. It's too one dimensional.

They aren’t silly enough.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 14:57 - Oct 11 with 3884 viewschad

Love the IT crowd.

Will Goodness Gracious Me be withdrawn next for taking the P out of the pinky beige?

What about all the parodies of women like Ab Fab?
The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 15:26 - Oct 11 with 3863 viewsBoundy

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 14:57 - Oct 11 by chad

Love the IT crowd.

Will Goodness Gracious Me be withdrawn next for taking the P out of the pinky beige?

What about all the parodies of women like Ab Fab?

Be careful ,its a coming

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 16:18 - Oct 11 with 3851 viewsGroo

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 13:19 - Oct 11 by Highjack

The issue here for me is the current culture of pandering to a tiny and very vocal group.

When it was on tv it had viewing figures of about 2 to 3 million which would have been quite strong for a channel 4 show. Most of whom would have enjoyed it. Some wouldn’t have but they wouldn’t have called for it to be banned. Since then it’s been shown on repeat several times and also available on 4 on demand and Netflix for over ten years. I think even at a conservative estimate it’s probably been watched by 30 million people around the world at some point. It’s very popular in America too so the figure is probably far higher.

Now despite all these millions of people watching and enjoying it they get a small smattering of complaints, maybe a few hundred from the everything is offensive brigade on twitter and they immediately pull it. It’s madness but it’s happening everywhere.

The issue is social media, this is one the biggest negative change to me with the advances of technology since I was a teen in the 70's.

Nowadays are full of self obsessed "social influencers" that gain far more attention and influence that they should and they would have in days gone past.

Groo does what Groo does best

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 16:31 - Oct 11 with 3840 viewsBoundy

Maybe the elephant room but who on here would have been horrified by the idea of fornicating with a transsexual . I would have so does that make me transphobic or just choosy .

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 09:01 - Oct 12 with 3774 viewsHighjack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 16:31 - Oct 11 by Boundy

Maybe the elephant room but who on here would have been horrified by the idea of fornicating with a transsexual . I would have so does that make me transphobic or just choosy .

I’d be far more concerned if you’d fornicated with the elephant.

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 10:18 - Oct 12 with 3763 viewscontroversial_jack

The I.T crowd has “transphobic” episode pulled. on 13:21 - Oct 11 by Highjack

They aren’t silly enough.

It's usually the good guy with sharp one liners and put downs. That's all they have to offer
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024