Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread 13:05 - Oct 12 with 4275 viewsNotLoyal

BULGARIA v WALES
Wednesday 14 October 2020
7.45pm mick off
Natsionalen Stadion Vasil Levski, Sofia

TV LISTING :
ITV, S4C, Sky Sports, Sky Go.

Wales will need to win this away fixture to remain top of their group in the nations league. Bulgaria have been better and their days of being feared as a football force are in the past, for now. Bulgaria are set to host Wales at the Vasil Levski National Stadium on Wednesday in their next UEFA Nations League game. Bulgaria come into this game on the back of 2-0 loss to Finland on Sunday at the Helsinki Olympic Stadium. Goals from Brann midfielder Robert Taylor and Augsburg midfielder Fredrik Jensen secured the win for their country. Wales, on the other hand, drew 0-0 against the Republic of Ireland on Sunday. Despite Stoke City idiot James McClean getting sent off for the Republic of Ireland, Wales failed to capitalise, mustering only two shots on target and settling for a goalless draw.

Bulgaria vs Wales Head-to-Head
In nine previous encounters between the two sides, the record is exactly even. Bulgaria have won four games, lost four and drawn one. The most recent match between the two countries took place last month, with Wales beating Bulgaria 1-0. Liverpool's young right-back Neco Williams scored a late second-half goal to ensure victory for Ryan Giggs' side.

Bulgaria vs Wales Team News
Bulgaria have a few injury concerns. Levski Sofia goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov, Arsenal Tula midfielder Georgi Kostadinov, Arda Kardzhali forward Spas Delav and CSKA 1948 Sofia winger Galin Ivanov are all out due to various injuries.

Injured: Nikolay Mihaylov, Georgi Kostadinov, Spas Delav, Galin Ivanov
Doubtful: None
Suspended: Cardiff bloke, Joe Morrel

Meanwhile, Wales will be without new Tottenham Hotspur signing and star player Gareth Bale, who is injured. Luton Town defender Rhys Norrington-Davis and Lincoln City midfielder Brennan Johnson could make their debuts.

Injured: Gareth Bale, David Brookes
Doubtful: None
Suspended: None

So, what do we know about Bulgaria ?
The only European country that kept its name since it was founded. Bulgaria pre-dates the Roman Empire making it one of the first countries to be established in Europe.
The official language of the Bulgarian people of all ethnicities is Bulgarian and all ethnic groups speak it, either as a first or second language. It is the oldest written Slavic language and is written in the Cyrillic alphabet. We do actually know loads here at Swansea Independent. So have a bit more.

Bulgaria is a poor country but also a rich country, it depends on which side of the street you were born on.

They also play a musical instrument made out of cheese, no textiles are used in the making of the Bulgarian hooferpipe.

This is a rich Bulgarian man at the football.

It shouldn't go unnoticed that most Bulgarians are very proud of their country and enjoy living there, they also have seaside resorts like Sunny Beach. Here if you eat anything there at all you will find half the contents stuck to your lower pant area or all over your head after a magnificent projectile vomit.

The resort of Sunny Beach yesterday

Team news to follow, suffice to say we are weakened considerably, most now would accept a point for sure.
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 20:25]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 17:27 - Oct 12 with 2300 viewsWhiterockin

Isn't Moore suspended?
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 17:55 - Oct 12 with 2293 viewsjasper_T

Brooks is such a sickly child.
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 18:04 - Oct 12 with 2281 viewsKeithHaynes

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 17:55 - Oct 12 by jasper_T

Brooks is such a sickly child.

All amended, thanks chaps.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 21:50 - Oct 12 with 2215 viewspencoedjack

McClean came off very lightly in Loyals summary

After watching Sunday will probably give this a miss.
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 00:15 - Oct 13 with 2179 viewsReslovenSwan1

I want to see more of Woodburn. He is the natural sucessor to Ramsey and streets above Levitt and morrell.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 01:56 - Oct 13 with 2160 viewsChief

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 00:15 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

I want to see more of Woodburn. He is the natural sucessor to Ramsey and streets above Levitt and morrell.

I hope he can find some form on his latest loan. A lot of his promise has dried following 2 poor loan spells. Obviously a talented boy but there are rumours he enjoys a slurp too much.

Can't compare him to Morrell, completely different positions. Wouldn't say he's particularly comparable to the other 2 either although Ramsey is so talented he can play off the striker or on wing where Woodburn plays.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 14:46 - Oct 13 with 2061 viewsjasper_T

Ramsey out as well. What a shambles.
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Oct 13 with 2043 viewsThornburyswan

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 14:46 - Oct 13 by jasper_T

That boy is made of biscuits, what a player he might have been.
Login to get fewer ads

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 15:34 - Oct 13 with 2035 viewspencoedjack

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 15:22 - Oct 13 by Thornburyswan

That boy is made of biscuits, what a player he might have been.

Way to inconsistent to be rated highly.
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Oct 13 with 1984 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 14:46 - Oct 13 by jasper_T

Are the bad old days returning with the pullouts?

4 hour trips to Eastern Europe always seem to cause flare ups.

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 19:26 - Oct 13 with 1978 viewssP7qupUf

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 15:34 - Oct 13 by pencoedjack

Way to inconsistent to be rated highly.

100% accurate.
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 20:45 - Oct 13 with 1949 viewstrampie

I would not be surprised if Brooks was not 100% fit, hence was on the bench against Ireland and Ramsey first game back possibly not 100% fit either.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 23:36 - Oct 13 with 1892 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 20:45 - Oct 13 by trampie

I would not be surprised if Brooks was not 100% fit, hence was on the bench against Ireland and Ramsey first game back possibly not 100% fit either.

Tyler Roberts cannot play number 9. He is too weak and cannot hold up the ball. Vokes is far better in this role and had a decent goalscoring record for Wales 1 in 4.

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 06:30 - Oct 14 with 1829 viewsangryjack

Can't understand how Christian doidge or even gwion Edwards who playing regerlery and scoring for Ipswich surely should be in squad before likes of Levitt and Brennan jonson,also Ryan hedges been playing and scoring for Aberdeen this season
[Post edited 14 Oct 2020 6:32]
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 07:12 - Oct 14 with 1805 viewstrampie

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 23:36 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Tyler Roberts cannot play number 9. He is too weak and cannot hold up the ball. Vokes is far better in this role and had a decent goalscoring record for Wales 1 in 4.

If he doesn't play as a direct like for like replacement, he could play as a false #9, I would expect him to play as a false #9 actually.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 07:45 - Oct 14 with 1798 viewsOptimisticJack

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Oct 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Are the bad old days returning with the pullouts?

4 hour trips to Eastern Europe always seem to cause flare ups.

I've been thinking exactly the same.
Over the years we have fielded really poor line ups in fixtures such as this.
Giggs would have pulled out that's for sure.
With Bale being at Tottenham - Mourinho will prevent him in all ways playing for Wales.
Bust up inevitable with Southgate over Kane.
Club v Country more prevalent now than ever in these difficult times.

Optimisticjack

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 07:57 - Oct 14 with 1797 viewsChief

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 07:45 - Oct 14 by OptimisticJack

I've been thinking exactly the same.
Over the years we have fielded really poor line ups in fixtures such as this.
Giggs would have pulled out that's for sure.
With Bale being at Tottenham - Mourinho will prevent him in all ways playing for Wales.
Bust up inevitable with Southgate over Kane.
Club v Country more prevalent now than ever in these difficult times.

I saw a video of Bale training yesterday. He certainly didn't look injured!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 09:06 - Oct 14 with 1773 viewsjasper_T

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 07:57 - Oct 14 by Chief

They're hoping he can play on the weekend but he's been out since our last internationals.
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 09:48 - Oct 14 with 1746 viewsFireboy2

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 07:12 - Oct 14 by trampie

If he doesn't play as a direct like for like replacement, he could play as a false #9, I would expect him to play as a false #9 actually.

I agree and I think he will suit our system better rather than moore.
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 10:06 - Oct 14 with 1730 viewstrampie

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 09:48 - Oct 14 by Fireboy2

I agree and I think he will suit our system better rather than moore.

Might well be.

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 10:15 - Oct 14 with 1719 viewstrampie

I am worried about tonight's game, lots of players out.
(Wales like a lot of small nations can't afford to have too many first choice players out as small nations don't tend to have much strength in depth due to their small player pools)
A long journey out to Eastern Europe won't be easy, I would have settled for a draw in any of our away games before the group started (and win our home games) but as things progressed after the first two games I was hoping for a win, I'm back to settling for a draw again now because of our injuries.
If we draw our next two and Finland win their next two then we will have to beat them when we play them at home in our last game, I was hoping that we would only need a draw in our last game to win the group but we will have to see how the next two rounds of games pan out.

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 12:49 - Oct 14 with 1681 viewsKGriz16

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 07:57 - Oct 14 by Chief

That's right, the man who picked us over Real Madrid is now picking Tottenham over us.
Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 12:50 - Oct 14 with 1677 viewsonehunglow

Corrie looks rather more appealing than this game

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 15:58 - Oct 14 with 1630 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 10:06 - Oct 14 by trampie

Might well be.

I saw Tyler Roberts play for Wales Azerbijan I think and he was very weak as a number no 9. No threat at all. Wales were not playing to Moores strengths with peopke like Connor and Ben unable and unwilling to cross into the box. I have not been a fan but perhaps Johny Williams is better at this.

Bulgaria v Wales : Matchday Thread on 16:11 - Oct 14 with 1608 viewsNotLoyal

Tv and Radio update.

BULGARIA v WALES
Wednesday 14 October 2020
7.45pm mick off
Natsionalen Stadion Vasil Levski, Sofia

TV LISTING :
ITV, S4C, Sky Sports, Sky Go.

LIVE ON RADIO WALES & TALK SPORT 2

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022