Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread 16:32 - Oct 14 with 9695 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town
Saturday 17th October 2020
Kick off 3pm.

Referee : Tony Harrington

Tony and his Harrington designed referee’s top. Note the slight Perry influence too.

Tony is a select group 2 official, which means he isn’t at the top of his trade at present. Harrington began refereeing in the Teesside Junior Football Alliance at the age of 14, having completed a basic refereeing course whilst at school as part of the Duke of Edinburgh award. After four years as an EFL assistant referee and four years as a National League referee, he was appointed to the EFL Referees List in 2012/13 and has now overseen more than 190 EFL matches. Tony is the Grandson of Tommy McGuigan, who is in the Hartlepool United record books for top 10 number of appearances and goals for the club. Tony’s family also invented the Harrington jacket, the trusty jacket favoured by people from Hebden Bridge and Whitby.

Live on Swans TV.

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS
A bit of history.

Huddersfield’s last win against Swansea City came back in 2007 — six meetings ago. Malvin Kamara scored the only goal of the game at the Liberty Stadium as the Terriers ran out 1-0 winners.
Despite the recent record against the Swans, Town actually hold the advantage in the record books winning 24 of 56 outings! Swansea have won 16 times, whilst 16 games have ended in a draw.
Swansea City are the form team to beat, however Huddersfield have made a confident start to their league campaign. Carlos Corberan’s side will be buoyed by their form going into the International break winning their first game of the season against Nottingham Forest before picking up a point against Rotherham United. The last time the teams met at the Liberty was on the 22nd February 2020, the swans won 3-1. The first meeting was in Yorkshire on Christmas Day 1952, Huddersfield won 3-0 in a fixture played at their old Leeds Road ground. In those days teams played double headers against each other so the two sides met 48 hours later at the vetch field and entertained the crowd with a 3-3 draw.

Most swans fans will recall fondly the auto glass cup trophy win against Huddersfield back in 1994. Winning when it matters is best.

Jamal Lowe quotes on the season so far.

“I’m really happy with how things have gone so far,” said Lowe. Everyone at the club has been so helpful and welcoming to me, my family have settled into our new home and that’s always a big help to know things are okay on that score. That allows me to focus on doing the best I can on the pitch, and we have started off pretty well. We are unbeaten and, on a personal level, it’s been really good to get a goal early in the season. It’s good to get up and running. I just want to keep that going. A good start doesn’t mean anything if we don’t build on it. It’s only four games, there is a really long way to go and we know there is a really busy period coming up.So, it’s key that we take the good and bad points from these first games, and make sure we keep developing and keep improving.”

Jamal Lowe

Huddersfield facts you may not know.
1. Huddersfield has been a settlement for over 4,000 years and can be found in the 'Domesday Book' of 1086 under the name of “Oderesfelt and Odresfeld.”

2. Top punk band the Sex Pistols played their last two British shows at Ivanhoe’s nightclub in Huddersfield, on Christmas Day 1977. This included a matinee for the children of striking firefighters. They then embarked on the fateful tour of the US that led to the bands break-up. The facade of Ivanhoes, the former Grand Picture Theatre, is still standing at the very end of Manchester Road in Huddersfield behind Lidl. Other stores are available.

3. According to Kirklees Council, there are over 3,000 listed buildings in Huddersfield, the third highest number in the country, and over 200 of them are in the town centre. The railway station is one of the more beautiful specimens dotted around, and there has been an inn on the site of the George hotel for hundreds of years. This qualifies the fact that people from Yorkshire are mostly big heads.

Finally - Huddersfield Town were the first English team to win the league 3 times in a row. ( big heads ) Only Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool have since earned this achievement

Steve Cooper press conference

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Gibbs-White out for 3 months 17th Oct 2020 09:53
The madness that was yesterday and the most frantic transfer deadline for Swansea City in my memory has gone. Joe Rodon has gone, today Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the Liberty stadium, and that’s the now, and that is all that matters. Kick off 3pm. 0

Swansea City show three changes from victory over Millwall as they take on Huddersfield Town at the Liberty Stadium.

Fit-again goalkeeper Freddie Woodman comes back into the side as Steven Benda drops to the bench, while Kyle Naughton makes his first start of the season following Joe Rodon’s departure. Further forward, Viktor Gyokeres makes his full debut in attack in place of the injured Morgan Gibbs-White. That means Woodman starts in goal, with Naughton, Marc Guehi and Ben Cabango forming a three-man defence.

Connor Roberts and Jake Bidwell retain their places at wing-back, either side of captain Matt Grimes and Korey Smith in midfield. Andre Ayew — on his 100th Swansea appearance — and Jamal Lowe will occupy the flanks, with Gyokeres playing through the middle. New signing Kasey Palmer is among the substitutes following his arrival on loan from Bristol City.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Andre Ayew, Viktor Gyokeres, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Kasey Palmer, Jordon Garrick, Cameron Evans.

Huddersfield Town: Ben Hamer, Pipa, Harry Toffolo, Jonathan Hogg, Juninho Bacuna, Richard Stearman, Carel Eiting, Isaac Mbenza, Josh Koroma, Naby Sarr, Christopher Schindler (captain).

Substitutes: Joel Pereira, Lewis O'Brien, Adama Diakhaby, Alex Pritchard, Fraizer Campbell, Demeaco Duhaney, Romoney Crichlow-Noble.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 18:52 - Oct 14 with 3424 viewsonehunglow

Great old club with proper fans.

Most welcoming you'll come across.

Slubbers Arms is a must.Bradford Rd. Even a piano on the corner.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 20:06 - Oct 14 with 3397 viewssP7qupUf

Ref has history with us.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 12:32 - Oct 15 with 3284 viewsKGriz16

Can't see a reason why we won't continue our winning ways here on Saturday. Another solid performance and a 2-0 win for me. Same line up as before etc etc.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Oct 16 with 3093 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 12:32 - Oct 15 by KGriz16

Can't see a reason why we won't continue our winning ways here on Saturday. Another solid performance and a 2-0 win for me. Same line up as before etc etc.

Without Rodon obvs, & don’t think we signed anyone in time so either back to flat back 4 tomorrow or maybe Nauts in the 3 with Cabango & Guehi I guess.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:49 - Oct 16 with 3082 viewsraynor94

Time to lay down a statement of intent here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 21:16 - Oct 16 with 3018 viewsMartinSwan

I was hoping for a 2-1 win tomorrow but now a draw is the best I think I can hope for.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 23:19 - Oct 16 with 2980 viewsChief

Did they bring anyone in today? Didn't notice anything, but saw they lost Karlan Grant to WBA who'll be a big loss for them

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 23:29 - Oct 16 with 2969 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 21:16 - Oct 16 by MartinSwan

I was hoping for a 2-1 win tomorrow but now a draw is the best I think I can hope for.

Positivity Martin.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 23:46 - Oct 16 with 2953 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 23:19 - Oct 16 by Chief

Did they bring anyone in today? Didn't notice anything, but saw they lost Karlan Grant to WBA who'll be a big loss for them

Don’t think Grant has been playing for them.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 23:48 - Oct 16 with 2951 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 23:19 - Oct 16 by Chief

2.5 million now, but the rest over 6 years, for me poor business.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 00:41 - Oct 17 with 2927 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 23:48 - Oct 16 by KeithHaynes

2.5 million now, but the rest over 6 years, for me poor business.

AND NOW ITS FOOTBALL DAY.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 08:26 - Oct 17 with 2871 viewsKGriz16

Here we go! Uppa Swans. Back to business.

Benda

Roberts
Cobango
Bennett
Guehi
Bidwell

Grimes
Smith
Gibbs-White

Lowe
Ayew

Swans are evens today on SkyBet btw for any optimists.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 09:07 - Oct 17 with 2838 viewsChief

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 08:26 - Oct 17 by KGriz16

Here we go! Uppa Swans. Back to business.

Benda

Roberts
Cobango
Bennett
Guehi
Bidwell

Grimes
Smith
Gibbs-White

Lowe
Ayew

Swans are evens today on SkyBet btw for any optimists.

Can Bennett play?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 09:38 - Oct 17 with 2816 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 09:07 - Oct 17 by Chief

Can Bennett play?

I think he had to be registered by midday yesterday.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 10:33 - Oct 17 with 2780 viewsCatullus

What about Latibeaudiere?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 10:57 - Oct 17 with 2747 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 10:33 - Oct 17 by Catullus

What about Latibeaudiere?

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Gibbs-White out for 3 months 17th Oct 2020 09:53
The madness that was yesterday and the most frantic transfer deadline for Swansea City in my memory has gone. Joe Rodon has gone, today Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the Liberty stadium, and that’s the now, and that is all that matters. Kick off 3pm. 0

👍

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 11:00 - Oct 17 with 2735 viewsonehunglow

Best name we've ever had. Fantastique

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 11:06 - Oct 17 with 2726 viewsMartinSwan

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 23:29 - Oct 16 by KeithHaynes

Positivity Martin.

Don't worry I'll be cheering us on, down the laptop, for a win, however with Joe gone, a possible Gibbs-White injury, none of the new players available, and most of our key players having a tough international break, make no mistake this is now a tougher match than before.

So hoping for 2-1 with Gyokeres scoring, but a draw is looking more likely imo.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 14:12 - Oct 17 with 2571 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City: Woodman; Naughton, Cabango, Guehi; Roberts, Smith, Grimes (C), Bidwell; Gyokeres, Ayew, Lowe.

Subs: Benda, Evans, Fulton, Dhanda, Garrick, Cullen, Palmer

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 14:40 - Oct 17 with 2480 viewsBadlands

Gibbs-White out for 12 weeks.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 15:02 - Oct 17 with 2382 views34dfgdf54

Hudds matching us up 352, be interesting to see how that effects us.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 15:05 - Oct 17 with 2363 viewsKeithHaynes

Will fall in to Lowes trap I reckon, Ayew too.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 15:07 - Oct 17 with 2342 viewsNotLoyal

Two shots at goal in the first 4 minutes.

OK I've changed it.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 15:08 - Oct 17 with 2336 viewsFlashberryjack

Anyone having trouble accessing Swans live stream as ST holder

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 15:15 - Oct 17 with 2277 viewsNotLoyal

Keeper fouled by his own player, ref gives a foul to them. This ref has plenty of previous. Should be 1 up at least.

OK I've changed it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024