Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread 16:32 - Oct 14 with 9787 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town
Saturday 17th October 2020
Kick off 3pm.

Referee : Tony Harrington

Tony and his Harrington designed referee’s top. Note the slight Perry influence too.

Tony is a select group 2 official, which means he isn’t at the top of his trade at present. Harrington began refereeing in the Teesside Junior Football Alliance at the age of 14, having completed a basic refereeing course whilst at school as part of the Duke of Edinburgh award. After four years as an EFL assistant referee and four years as a National League referee, he was appointed to the EFL Referees List in 2012/13 and has now overseen more than 190 EFL matches. Tony is the Grandson of Tommy McGuigan, who is in the Hartlepool United record books for top 10 number of appearances and goals for the club. Tony’s family also invented the Harrington jacket, the trusty jacket favoured by people from Hebden Bridge and Whitby.

Live on Swans TV.

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS
A bit of history.

Huddersfield’s last win against Swansea City came back in 2007 — six meetings ago. Malvin Kamara scored the only goal of the game at the Liberty Stadium as the Terriers ran out 1-0 winners.
Despite the recent record against the Swans, Town actually hold the advantage in the record books winning 24 of 56 outings! Swansea have won 16 times, whilst 16 games have ended in a draw.
Swansea City are the form team to beat, however Huddersfield have made a confident start to their league campaign. Carlos Corberan’s side will be buoyed by their form going into the International break winning their first game of the season against Nottingham Forest before picking up a point against Rotherham United. The last time the teams met at the Liberty was on the 22nd February 2020, the swans won 3-1. The first meeting was in Yorkshire on Christmas Day 1952, Huddersfield won 3-0 in a fixture played at their old Leeds Road ground. In those days teams played double headers against each other so the two sides met 48 hours later at the vetch field and entertained the crowd with a 3-3 draw.

Most swans fans will recall fondly the auto glass cup trophy win against Huddersfield back in 1994. Winning when it matters is best.

Jamal Lowe quotes on the season so far.

“I’m really happy with how things have gone so far,” said Lowe. Everyone at the club has been so helpful and welcoming to me, my family have settled into our new home and that’s always a big help to know things are okay on that score. That allows me to focus on doing the best I can on the pitch, and we have started off pretty well. We are unbeaten and, on a personal level, it’s been really good to get a goal early in the season. It’s good to get up and running. I just want to keep that going. A good start doesn’t mean anything if we don’t build on it. It’s only four games, there is a really long way to go and we know there is a really busy period coming up.So, it’s key that we take the good and bad points from these first games, and make sure we keep developing and keep improving.”

Jamal Lowe

Huddersfield facts you may not know.
1. Huddersfield has been a settlement for over 4,000 years and can be found in the 'Domesday Book' of 1086 under the name of “Oderesfelt and Odresfeld.”

2. Top punk band the Sex Pistols played their last two British shows at Ivanhoe’s nightclub in Huddersfield, on Christmas Day 1977. This included a matinee for the children of striking firefighters. They then embarked on the fateful tour of the US that led to the bands break-up. The facade of Ivanhoes, the former Grand Picture Theatre, is still standing at the very end of Manchester Road in Huddersfield behind Lidl. Other stores are available.

3. According to Kirklees Council, there are over 3,000 listed buildings in Huddersfield, the third highest number in the country, and over 200 of them are in the town centre. The railway station is one of the more beautiful specimens dotted around, and there has been an inn on the site of the George hotel for hundreds of years. This qualifies the fact that people from Yorkshire are mostly big heads.

Finally - Huddersfield Town were the first English team to win the league 3 times in a row. ( big heads ) Only Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool have since earned this achievement

Steve Cooper press conference

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Gibbs-White out for 3 months 17th Oct 2020 09:53
The madness that was yesterday and the most frantic transfer deadline for Swansea City in my memory has gone. Joe Rodon has gone, today Swansea City take on Huddersfield Town at the Liberty stadium, and that’s the now, and that is all that matters. Kick off 3pm. 0

Swansea City show three changes from victory over Millwall as they take on Huddersfield Town at the Liberty Stadium.

Fit-again goalkeeper Freddie Woodman comes back into the side as Steven Benda drops to the bench, while Kyle Naughton makes his first start of the season following Joe Rodon’s departure. Further forward, Viktor Gyokeres makes his full debut in attack in place of the injured Morgan Gibbs-White. That means Woodman starts in goal, with Naughton, Marc Guehi and Ben Cabango forming a three-man defence.

Connor Roberts and Jake Bidwell retain their places at wing-back, either side of captain Matt Grimes and Korey Smith in midfield. Andre Ayew — on his 100th Swansea appearance — and Jamal Lowe will occupy the flanks, with Gyokeres playing through the middle. New signing Kasey Palmer is among the substitutes following his arrival on loan from Bristol City.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Andre Ayew, Viktor Gyokeres, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Kasey Palmer, Jordon Garrick, Cameron Evans.

Huddersfield Town: Ben Hamer, Pipa, Harry Toffolo, Jonathan Hogg, Juninho Bacuna, Richard Stearman, Carel Eiting, Isaac Mbenza, Josh Koroma, Naby Sarr, Christopher Schindler (captain).

Substitutes: Joel Pereira, Lewis O'Brien, Adama Diakhaby, Alex Pritchard, Fraizer Campbell, Demeaco Duhaney, Romoney Crichlow-Noble.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Oct 17 with 1446 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Oct 17 with 1446 viewsThornburyswan

Poor second half this, very disappointing - what is it about us at home vs clubs low in the league who are struggling to score goals!
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 1330 viewsAnotherJohn

We were a team with no penetration in attack, but a solid defence. Now with Roden gone the defence doesn't look so clever. If you take Ayew away we are a team of mid-Championship journeymen and loanees.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 17:07]
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 1317 viewstheloneranger

14 corners, and nearly everyone was P1ss poor!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:02 - Oct 17 with 1317 views34dfgdf54

Miss chances like that then you don't deserve points unfortunately.

Cooper a complete disgrace though. Cannot get my head around that change at all, worse i've seen in a long time and that is saying something when you support a side managed by Steve Cooper.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:03 - Oct 17 with 1306 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Oct 17 by Thornburyswan

Poor second half this, very disappointing - what is it about us at home vs clubs low in the league who are struggling to score goals!

Indeed. Beaten by a better side on the day.
I prefer that to being robbed by the tw@tsinblack but peed off nevertheless.
Lost our way totally second half after a decent start to the game.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Oct 17 with 1301 viewsraynor94

Post international break strikes again

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Oct 17 with 1226 viewsFlashberryjack

Disappointing, Lowe isn't very good (chicken headless).

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Oct 17 with 1200 viewsonehunglow

This is the Cooper curse.

That team today,especially a posing Ayew needed a kick up thearyse and what they got was a gurning clown unable to adapt tactics.

Hudds are not great hake but should have seen us off in comfort.

For me,Bennett needs to be huge.Hope he is.

Personally,I cant wait for Ayew to knob off.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:14 - Oct 17 with 1204 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Oct 17 by Flashberryjack

Poor today but he was not alone.
Still time to bed in and has looked decent.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:14 - Oct 17 with 1199 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:11 - Oct 17 by Flashberryjack

Finishing was awful but he was more dangerous than our boy Andre, who wasn't very good yet again
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:15 - Oct 17 with 1185 viewsonehunglow

Lowe isnt too bad but there are far better value money players around.

Our priority should have been replacing Brewster. Simple.We had a window and brought in defenders and midfield journeymen.

Nice one Steve

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:17 - Oct 17 with 1176 viewsJack59

A real lack of intelligent movement off the ball. very lazy performance.
Cullen introduced too late again.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:18 - Oct 17 with 1165 viewsonehunglow

Cullen looks really hungry and mobile.Hope this lad isnt going to have his career ruined by the current manager

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Oct 17 with 1145 viewsGeoffThom

I don't get this Cullen thing yet ,he needs to go out on loan to division below get his hand in then come back
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Oct 17 with 1143 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:13 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

This is the Cooper curse.

That team today,especially a posing Ayew needed a kick up thearyse and what they got was a gurning clown unable to adapt tactics.

Hudds are not great hake but should have seen us off in comfort.

For me,Bennett needs to be huge.Hope he is.

Personally,I cant wait for Ayew to knob off.

Ayew was comfortably player of the year last season.
We need him to be the same this year. With him off the books we would be truly up Sh!t's Creek for strikers with only Cullen and a, potentially, unproven Borini.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:29 - Oct 17 with 1114 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:22 - Oct 17 by Private_Partz

Ayew was comfortably player of the year last season.
We need him to be the same this year. With him off the books we would be truly up Sh!t's Creek for strikers with only Cullen and a, potentially, unproven Borini.

Agreed, been poor this season so far, I'd like to see him through the middle to be honest now.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Oct 17 with 1083 viewsonehunglow

Last season was just that.

He has been woeful thus far and does little productive to justify his wages. Being so utterly one footed any decent defender at this level can sus him out.He can barely stand on his right foot.
And one day his faffing around at corners is going to cost us.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:41 - Oct 17 with 1064 viewsFlashberryjack

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 16:53 - Oct 17 by Thornburyswan

Laziness ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:42 - Oct 17 with 1063 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:37 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

Last season was just that.

He has been woeful thus far and does little productive to justify his wages. Being so utterly one footed any decent defender at this level can sus him out.He can barely stand on his right foot.
And one day his faffing around at corners is going to cost us.

His hold up play is outstanding at this level.
He has hit a bad patch as all players do. He was joined by a few of his mates today.
Regroup and lets go for it mid week.

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 17:58 - Oct 17 with 1016 viewsangryjack

They're second goal lorry Smith instead of going to the ball backed away and gave the player with the ball all the time in the world.should have gone and put him off terrible decision making
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 18:10 - Oct 17 with 975 viewsCatullus

Ayew and Roberts too busy diving and moaning at the ref. Roberts in paricular should have been booked for simulation, he ran past, shoved his bum out and threw himself over wjilst appealing, shocking.

Concentrate on avtually playing you prize plum.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 18:38 - Oct 17 with 917 viewsKarlHRummenigge

Bit lacklustre, intensity levels subdued.

Spine was ragged not rugged
- Woodman needs to be more imposing and commanding
- missed Joe, and Cabango kept misplacing his long passes
- Grimes wasn't at the races (West Ham-itis?)
- Ayew, off and on (West Brom-itis ?)

Vik did some good stuff, Guehi was solid, Palmer could put himself about and a deft touch

Hudds were so very up for this - Winter-itis ?
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 18:53 - Oct 17 with 886 viewspencoedjack

I see the usual PS over reaction after a loss is back with vengeance.

Off for a beer before lock down part 2.
Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 18:54 - Oct 17 with 880 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Huddersfield Town : Matchday Thread on 18:53 - Oct 17 by pencoedjack

I see the usual PS over reaction after a loss is back with vengeance.

Off for a beer before lock down part 2.

I’m watching Cadiz play Real Madrid, It’s soothing.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024