Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. 10:08 - Oct 16 with 14677 viewsKeithHaynes

Standing firm on their 18 million valuation.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:22 - Oct 16 with 1282 viewstheloneranger

I used to drink with Joe's grandfather ex Swan, Bradford City player, Peter Rodon, when he was at Ammanford ( Taken far too young) and he would have been so proud of the progress of his grandson Joseph Peter Rodon.

Good luck Joe, I hope you have a brilliant and productive career at Spurs and Wales.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:25 - Oct 16 with 1268 viewsJack11

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:20 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Whoever negotiated this pitiful deal ,if an Arab,would stave ,as haggling is part of Middle Eastern business life, as it is Jewish, and Levy has shown the art here of making a schuck of people-us.

Birch is the one who’s screwed us here. He knows we have a model of needing to sell at least one asset to stay afloat and he’s known what we’d need to accept as a baseline. Truth be told Joe could’ve gone for 18 -20 million and spurs probably would’ve paid it without the inside knowledge from Birch.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:30 - Oct 16 with 1235 viewsKilkennyjack

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:22 - Oct 16 by theloneranger

I used to drink with Joe's grandfather ex Swan, Bradford City player, Peter Rodon, when he was at Ammanford ( Taken far too young) and he would have been so proud of the progress of his grandson Joseph Peter Rodon.

Good luck Joe, I hope you have a brilliant and productive career at Spurs and Wales.

👏👏👏👌

Beware of the Risen People

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:34 - Oct 16 with 1205 viewsKilkennyjack

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 18:16 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

We have not signed what we needed.A full on striker in the mould of Charlie Austin.

We have absolutely been mugged over Rodon.

Levy is a snake ,one of life s chancers and one whom you have to front up against. Rodon will be worth upwards of 35m before very long and yet more profit for spurs whom I detest .We will never ever learn . We have flogged the family silver and the contents of the loft.

We be signed unremarkable players so quite why people are so sanguine beats the hell out of me.

I think he will.

Great outcome today for Joe. Great club choice.
Not a great outcome for Swansea City. Clearly worth more.

Beware of the Risen People

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:55 - Oct 16 with 1145 viewsMrSwerve

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:34 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

I think he will.

Is he taking his strange brother with him?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:58 - Oct 16 with 1140 viewsMartinSwan

Just in case everyone forgets, this thread started today with ‘ Swans stand firm on their £18m valuation’
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:12 - Oct 16 with 1074 viewspikeypaul

Mugged.

But at least Bojo stands firm in a negotiation.We should have told them to FO and come back when they are serious just like Bojo has to the EU.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:17 - Oct 16 with 1078 viewsdobjack2

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:34 - Oct 16 by Kilkennyjack

I think he will.

I hope it works out for Joe, however I’m concerned that he could struggle for game time.
Login to get fewer ads

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:20 - Oct 16 with 1057 viewsnantywatcher

How many people on here negotiate for a living?
I'm guessing the £7 million initial bid was a loud and clear message to us - "we know how much you need to stay out of trouble." A strange figure that I am certain was not plucked out of thin air.
And no-one else came in for him. If he was such a steal where was the queue of clubs battering down our door - there weren't any, and it's extremely naive to think we did not contact every conceivable buyer for him over the last month.
I doubt very much we were ever in a position to say 'no deal unless we get £**million.' I think he was worth £20mill but in the real world no-one else valued him at anything like that figure. CASH is KING.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:21 - Oct 16 with 1056 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 19:58 - Oct 16 by MartinSwan

Just in case everyone forgets, this thread started today with ‘ Swans stand firm on their £18m valuation’

Karlan Grant 18 goals for Huddesfield £15m
Matty Cash best in league £16m
Eze outsanding talent £20m
Rodon very solid £15m

Godfrey and Watkins were stand outs.

Winter has done well today.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:32 - Oct 16 with 1020 viewsReslovenSwan1

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:20 - Oct 16 by nantywatcher

I'm guessing the £7 million initial bid was a loud and clear message to us - "we know how much you need to stay out of trouble." A strange figure that I am certain was not plucked out of thin air.
And no-one else came in for him. If he was such a steal where was the queue of clubs battering down our door - there weren't any, and it's extremely naive to think we did not contact every conceivable buyer for him over the last month.
I doubt very much we were ever in a position to say 'no deal unless we get £**million.' I think he was worth £20mill but in the real world no-one else valued him at anything like that figure. CASH is KING.

The £7m was the invitation for others to get involved. Liecester sniffed a bit. Wnter did the best deal avaialble £3m short of target.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:32 - Oct 16 with 1020 viewsdobjack2

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:21 - Oct 16 by ReslovenSwan1

Karlan Grant 18 goals for Huddesfield £15m
Matty Cash best in league £16m
Eze outsanding talent £20m
Rodon very solid £15m

Godfrey and Watkins were stand outs.

Winter has done well today.

If it’s £11 million plus add ons it clearly depends on what the add ons are and what they are worth.

If most of it hinges on Spurs winning domestic and European trophies in the next few years it’s likely to be closer to £11 million.

If game time/appearances are the bulk we may see some money in a few years time.

Birch knowing our finances and bottom line for players did not help.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:34 - Oct 16 with 1010 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:17 - Oct 16 by dobjack2

I hope it works out for Joe, however I’m concerned that he could struggle for game time.

I agree.

He wasn’t signed in time for the Europa League which would have suited him I think.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:37 - Oct 16 with 1001 viewsLuther27

£11 million rising to £15 for a young International Center half?
Who’s got the bargain here then?
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:39 - Oct 16 with 993 viewsFlashberryjack

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 17:43 - Oct 16 by Landore_Jack

We have been mugged.

Of course we have, if we had the guts to hold out until the next window, we would have had our asking price.

Wishing joe all the very best for the future.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:11 - Oct 16 with 905 viewsMartinSwan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:20 - Oct 16 by nantywatcher

I negotiate for a living and for contracts worth a damn sight more than £11m, and based on Winter's performance he could write a book on negotiating.

I even know the title he should use:

'Winter's guide on how not to negotiate....or delivering no value through negotiating'

The man messed up the negotiation from the start, once he let Levy control the agenda and timeline, the deal just went further and further away from him.

I wouldn't trust him to sell ice cream never mind valuable footballers.

Lets not dress it up we were screwed because our negotiator is sh1t.

Now we have to move on and hope Steve and Andy can rescue the situation.

Two things are clear to me from this window, it looks like we can trust the people who identify the players to buy, and the people who sell our players are incompetent.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:12 - Oct 16 with 900 viewsBadlands

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 20:39 - Oct 16 by Flashberryjack

Of course we have, if we had the guts to hold out until the next window, we would have had our asking price.

Wishing joe all the very best for the future.

There was no guarantee Joe would stay fit n healthy.
The deal is pretty good especially if he plays enough to make up the add ons.
Word in the area is Jose isn't keen so he may have to be a lot brighter than other CBs.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:21 - Oct 16 with 877 views34dfgdf54

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:12 - Oct 16 by Badlands

Word in the area is Jose isn't keen so he may have to be a lot brighter than other CBs.

Jose isn’t keen on what?
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:28 - Oct 16 with 859 viewsMartinSwan

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:21 - Oct 16 by 34dfgdf54

Jose isn’t keen on what?

Joe's first matches will probably be with the u23's, he will end up with a better salary, but let's see if he develops as a player.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:47 - Oct 16 with 818 viewsBadlands

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:21 - Oct 16 by 34dfgdf54

Jose isn’t keen on what?

Joe.
Gossip around the area.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 21:47]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:00 - Oct 16 with 785 viewspikeypaul

$14,190,000 thats the only figure that the yanks are thinking of,since that is where the cash is heading,thanks to the sell out scum like ,jenkins, morgan and rob davies.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 22:00]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:08 - Oct 16 with 768 viewspikeypaul

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:12 - Oct 16 by Badlands

There is not a player on the planet that is guaranteed to stay" fit and healthy" .

Your reasoning why we got a good deal and accepted the pittance is plainly daft.

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:11 - Oct 16 with 774 viewsnantywatcher

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:11 - Oct 16 by MartinSwan

I negotiate for a living and for contracts worth a damn sight more than £11m, and based on Winter's performance he could write a book on negotiating.

'Winter's guide on how not to negotiate....or delivering no value through negotiating'

The man messed up the negotiation from the start, once he let Levy control the agenda and timeline, the deal just went further and further away from him.

Two things are clear to me from this window, it looks like we can trust the people who identify the players to buy, and the people who sell our players are incompetent.

Martin. Reading through your posts over last few weeks I doubt you're much older than 15/16 and would struggle to negotiate out of a paper bag😡
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:24 - Oct 16 with 750 views34dfgdf54

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:47 - Oct 16 by Badlands

Joe.
Gossip around the area.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 21:47]

He hasn’t even had a training session yet, Levy wouldn’t be signing players without Jose’s blessing, he’s big any normal manager is he.

Anyways, I think he’ll struggle to break in this year, next season is the one for him. Going to be tough but I think he’s good enough, though I thought James would of been at United aswell but that has gone horribly wrong.
Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 22:24 - Oct 16 with 750 viewsdobjack2

Spurs sign Joe Rodon - Update : ?? Million with add ons. on 21:11 - Oct 16 by MartinSwan

Have you ever had to negotiate with someone that knows all the fine detail of your company because the last finance manager is working for him, knows what you need to run your business and the bottom line you’ll accept because he recommended it.

Spurs turned Joe’s head with a low ball offer and Ben and Bale also worked on Joe.

Jury’s out for me over Winter but I think he was playing with someone that knew every card in his hand and how much money he had to play with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024