Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pubs 10:29 - Oct 16 with 10263 viewscontroversial_jack

To be shut in Wales for a month from the 26th
Pubs on 16:00 - Oct 16 with 944 viewsDr_Winston

So basically, things that some people enjoy should stay open at all costs, but things they have weird moral hangups about should close post haste.

SAGE should get on it immediately.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pubs on 16:20 - Oct 16 with 913 viewscontroversial_jack

Pubs on 16:00 - Oct 16 by Dr_Winston

So basically, things that some people enjoy should stay open at all costs, but things they have weird moral hangups about should close post haste.

Why, Boris ignores them!
Pubs on 16:23 - Oct 16 with 910 viewsonehunglow

Signify that is it not to see the boss of Wetherspoons pining about COVID restrictions.Here is a man responsible for the closure of thousands of family run pubs. Utter hypocrisy on an industrial scale. It matter not about public health but profit to Spoons.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Pubs on 16:43 - Oct 16 with 897 viewsProfessor

Pubs on 15:00 - Oct 16 by MrSwerve

Aye lovely. I'm sure myself and other lectures of an older age will love being exposed to that.

Plenty of Unis are doing a blended approach to learning with a lot of face-to-face contact.

Only for clinical degrees with us now-but as a UK hotspot (not student driven) I am sure you understand why.
Pubs on 17:05 - Oct 16 with 893 viewsMrSwerve

Pubs on 16:43 - Oct 16 by Professor

Only for clinical degrees with us now-but as a UK hotspot (not student driven) I am sure you understand why.

All the best up there Prof.

I'm about 35% F2F on 19 hours teaching at the mo, not entirely happy with it but it is what it is. A lot of pressure from our department to be on campus as much as possible.

Edit: for teaching, that is.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 17:07]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Pubs on 17:15 - Oct 16 with 888 viewsNeath_Jack

Pubs on 16:00 - Oct 16 by Dr_Winston

He's bang on correct on this.

Close the pubs, keep gyms and swimming pools open.

Fantastic for both mental and physical health, whilst the other place is a breeding ground. No brainer isn't it.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Pubs on 17:23 - Oct 16 with 875 viewsNortbankboy

Pubs on 17:15 - Oct 16 by Neath_Jack

Fantastic for both mental and physical health, whilst the other place is a breeding ground. No brainer isn't it.

No close the lot down,this virus is everywhere
Pubs on 18:00 - Oct 16 with 853 viewsMrSwerve

Pubs on 17:15 - Oct 16 by Neath_Jack

I’m absolutely no expert in this area, but gyms (where you are sweating and share equipment) doesn’t sound great in this situation (I know people are cleaning equipment but how well are they being cleaned?). Outdoor exercise is much safer, but I can appreciate that weights etc costs money.

It’s an awkward situation. As you say, exercise is vital at the moment.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Pubs on 18:14 - Oct 16 with 843 viewsNeath_Jack

Pubs on 18:00 - Oct 16 by MrSwerve

I’m absolutely no expert in this area, but gyms (where you are sweating and share equipment) doesn’t sound great in this situation (I know people are cleaning equipment but how well are they being cleaned?). Outdoor exercise is much safer, but I can appreciate that weights etc costs money.

I'm absolutely not an expert in it either, but it has become a massive part of my job since April. I can only speak for my gym, there are four cleaning stations, anti-bacterial/virus cleaning fluid with rolls of paper. Everyone is expected to clean their equipment when they have finished with it. Granted not everyone will do it, but it's easy enough to wipe stuff down prior to you using it, as i do. Your temperature is taken on the way in.

Of course, it goes without saying that outdoor exercise is safer.

All about balance of risk at the end of the day.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Pubs on 18:33 - Oct 16 with 830 viewsonehunglow

I’ve left the gym I used it go to after a COVID scare .However that is just me. It is easier to monitor people at a gym and ,unlike pubs,alcohol doesn’t have the negative influence.

That said,people,stay healthy.Cut down on booze and bin the fags. Eat less Shyte

Pubs on 18:35 - Oct 16 with 826 viewspencoedjack

Pubs on 10:30 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

Good. We could lose 50% of them.Less domestic abuse,less assault,less theft,less death ,less time wasted.

Bet your fun on a night out
Pubs on 18:40 - Oct 16 with 821 viewsonehunglow

I stay in mate now as the place is full of toessers.

Plus the fact I’m not very tolerant even at my age and will challenged those who annoy me.

That said,at home, I’m good entertainment. People love me

Pubs on 19:25 - Oct 16 with 796 viewscontroversial_jack

Pubs on 18:00 - Oct 16 by MrSwerve

Gyms are petri dishes. No way will they follow procedures. Gym goers can be very selfish with their workouts and don't even bother to replace their weights.

Instructors are hardly ever present, and usually too busy chatting up the women
Pubs on 19:35 - Oct 16 with 791 viewsNeath_Jack

Pubs on 19:25 - Oct 16 by controversial_jack

Gyms are petri dishes. No way will they follow procedures. Gym goers can be very selfish with their workouts and don't even bother to replace their weights.

Wipe it before you use it, it really isn't difficult to wipe a dumbbell and bench. Quicker than cleaning your teeth.

Pubs on 19:55 - Oct 16 with 774 viewsAndy1300

Pubs on 13:39 - Oct 16 by onehunglow

So then Jaxs...No masks,distancing,washing hands.? Corbyn says it’s a hoax too.

Meanwhile,people are dying while we worry about grotty pubs shutting .

Look at us

Grotty pubs, get a grip ffs.

Plenty of pubs are the hub of communities.

Number 1 team in Wales

Pubs on 20:17 - Oct 16 with 763 viewsfelixstowe_jack

No point in closing the pubs unless you stop supermarkets selling alcohol. All that will happen now is people will buy it from the supermarkets, either drink it on groups on the streets or take it home to drink with friends.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Pubs on 20:26 - Oct 16 with 759 viewsonehunglow

and plenty are not

Pubs on 21:27 - Oct 16 with 742 viewsFlashberryjack

Pubs on 14:33 - Oct 16 by A_Fans_Dad

I disagree about students, they should be forced mingle as much as possible and as long as possible, so that all those susceptible to COVID catch it, get over it and then release them back into society with immunity.

Catching and surviving covid doesn't necessarily give you immunity....allegedly.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Pubs on 21:30 - Oct 16 with 737 viewsScotia

Pubs on 19:25 - Oct 16 by controversial_jack

Not according to track and trace. Not all gyms are the same, similarly pubs.

Gyms should be the last place to close, slightly before schools.

When were you last in a gym?
Pubs on 21:36 - Oct 16 with 731 viewscontroversial_jack

Pubs on 21:30 - Oct 16 by Scotia

February, but i've been using gyms all my life and I know what they are like.Gyms aren't the problem, the customers are.
Pubs on 21:37 - Oct 16 with 726 viewsbritferry

plus you can't buy booze after 10pm from any shops

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Pubs on 21:38 - Oct 16 with 721 viewscontroversial_jack

Pubs on 21:30 - Oct 16 by Scotia

Track and trace? That's been working well, hasn't it?
Pubs on 21:43 - Oct 16 with 717 viewsScotia

Pubs on 21:36 - Oct 16 by controversial_jack

February, but i've been using gyms all my life and I know what they are like.Gyms aren't the problem, the customers are.

So before lockdown then and no idea how many have adapted to be covid safe ?

That statement is a bit like comparing the clients of cadle mill to the mumbles yacht club.

Why do you think that somewhere that obviously isn't contributing to the problem but potentially reducing the impacts should be closed?
Pubs on 22:01 - Oct 16 with 697 viewsKilkennyjack

Pubs on 21:43 - Oct 16 by Scotia

So before lockdown then and no idea how many have adapted to be covid safe ?

That statement is a bit like comparing the clients of cadle mill to the mumbles yacht club.

Why do you think that somewhere that obviously isn't contributing to the problem but potentially reducing the impacts should be closed?

I will not have the boys and girls of the Cadle Mill, compared to the (not all) tossers of the Mumbles Yacht Club.

EatTheRich.

Beware of the Risen People

Pubs on 22:45 - Oct 16 with 680 viewsbuilthjack

Builth rugby club was shut down today for being naughty.

Having said that, why wait until the 26th to shut pubs? It gives people 2 weekends to go and get hammered and spread the virus.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024