Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class 23:24 - Oct 16 with 3303 viewsDr_Parnassus

A teacher in Paris has been beheaded in an Islamic terror related event.

The teacher had completed a lesson on the freedom of expression class where he showed Charlie Hedbo cover of the drawing of the Prophet Mohammed.

One of the pupils relatives entered the school and beheaded the teacher. The attacker has been shot dead by police.

The freedom to express political and religious views without consequence is sadly eroding in the Western world and it’s creeping into every aspect of society even down to media blackout and cancel culture.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:36 - Oct 16 with 1789 viewsKerouac

Abhorrent, disgusting, and sadly, utterly predictable.

The worst thing is that there will be virtually no response to the actual problem. You can get the police to shoot the scum bag but that is not addressing the root of the problem...and more people who think like this scum bag will be pouring into France, day after day, year after year, but the cowards who pretend to be 'good people' will allow this to continue rather than do something to preserve the West.

What kind of inheritance do they think they are handing over to the next generation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:45 - Oct 16 with 1789 viewsItchySphincter

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:36 - Oct 16 by Kerouac

Abhorrent, disgusting, and sadly, utterly predictable.

The worst thing is that there will be virtually no response to the actual problem. You can get the police to shoot the scum bag but that is not addressing the root of the problem...and more people who think like this scum bag will be pouring into France, day after day, year after year, but the cowards who pretend to be 'good people' will allow this to continue rather than do something to preserve the West.

What kind of inheritance do they think they are handing over to the next generation?

Don’t get all huffy with me now because I don’t necessarily disagree with you and this is a genuine question, but what would you suggest would be an adequate response to this kind of extremism? I think the cartoons were the re-published Charlie Hebdo ones, from what I read earlier.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:56 - Oct 16 with 1766 viewsKerouac

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:45 - Oct 16 by ItchySphincter

Don’t get all huffy with me now because I don’t necessarily disagree with you and this is a genuine question, but what would you suggest would be an adequate response to this kind of extremism? I think the cartoons were the re-published Charlie Hebdo ones, from what I read earlier.

Reduce immigration from Islamic countries and regions.
Demand loyalty to France and it's values from everyone of your citizens.
Start making the lives of those that preach this nonsense (re: Prophet Mohammed must not be criticised) very uncomfortable indeed. Prosecute, shut sh*t down, make it illegal to build any new mosques...when people scream "racist" point out that the Islamic world does not allow churches to be built and makes the lives of non-muslims unbearable...make it clear that if you live in France, you are FRENCH. Islam is unwelcome (although the peaceful practice of your own religion in a dignified way will be tolerated).

Stop Islamic money from promoting Islam in France.
[Post edited 16 Oct 2020 23:57]

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 00:00 - Oct 17 with 1765 viewsDr_Parnassus

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:45 - Oct 16 by ItchySphincter

Intolerance is being purported everywhere in the West these days.

Walk down the street in Portland with a Make America Great Again hat on and see how long it will take you to be attacked in some form by someone.

Twitter has spent the last 2 days censoring corruption stories because it was for a candidate they support. That’s shocking.

This intolerance manifests itself in many facets of life including religious and political expression. The whole class this teacher took was about freedom of expression (which Charlie Hedbo is a proponent of) and was murdered for it.

The greatest thing we have in the west is our freedom because you don’t have it in countries such as Iran, Saudi Arabia, China, North Korea - you name it. So it’s vital that anytime there is violent intolerance it is called out before it becomes the norm.

In America they are burning the flag, being patriotic is seen as racism and these people are being rounded upon by armed militia who openly state they want to destroy western values and are being championed for it.

So far it seems as if it’s promoted rather than denounced.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 0:22]

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 00:43 - Oct 17 with 1716 viewsNotLoyal

I will never understand why people justify murder.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 07:25 - Oct 17 with 1656 viewsHighjack

You have to be pretty mentally ill in the first place to believe that some 7th century warlord with a bunch of child wives was talking to some bloke in the sky who gave him orders as to how we should live for the next thousands of years, but to be incited to kill over a mere drawing is just off the scale batshit crazy.

Anyway here’s my drawing of him.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 07:48 - Oct 17 with 1648 viewsGwyn737

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 07:25 - Oct 17 by Highjack

You have to be pretty mentally ill in the first place to believe that some 7th century warlord with a bunch of child wives was talking to some bloke in the sky who gave him orders as to how we should live for the next thousands of years, but to be incited to kill over a mere drawing is just off the scale batshit crazy.

Anyway here’s my drawing of him.

Shocking drawing of the prophet Mohammed.

Looks far more like Allah 😉
Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 10:42 - Oct 17 with 1586 viewsCatullus

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:56 - Oct 16 by Kerouac

Start making the lives of those that preach this nonsense (re: Prophet Mohammed must not be criticised) very uncomfortable indeed. Prosecute, shut sh*t down, make it illegal to build any new mosques...when people scream "racist" point out that the Islamic world does not allow churches to be built and makes the lives of non-muslims unbearable...make it clear that if you live in France, you are FRENCH. Islam is unwelcome (although the peaceful practice of your own religion in a dignified way will be tolerated).

You can demnad loyalty all you want and they will promise it but you won't get it. Religion has a way of coming first to the intolerant, extremist, lunatics. Whichever religion you want to talk about, when people turn to the extremes any promises and loyalties get left behind.

In fact an extremist terrorist will be very enthusiastic and promise copiuosly to be loyal but it'll be lies because in the eyes of extremists any bad thing done to promote their beliefs is perfectly acceptable to their god.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 10:47 - Oct 17 with 1582 viewsonehunglow

and yet we are told it's nothing to do with religion.

It has everything to do with religion-a particularly dangerous one like Islam

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 12:33 - Oct 17 with 1556 viewsGwyn737

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:56 - Oct 16 by Kerouac

Trouble is K, (and I’ve not got an answer for this) is that these extremists see their religion as above the law.

This results in countries being unable to legislate their way safety, which would be the normal way to stamp stuff out.

Yesterday’s crime in France was horrific and I’m not sure how we go about preventing such evil deeds but it’s got to be discussed openly.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 12:43]
Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 12:58 - Oct 17 with 1532 viewsKerouac

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 12:33 - Oct 17 by Gwyn737

Trouble is K, (and I’ve not got an answer for this) is that these extremists see their religion as above the law.

This results in countries being unable to legislate their way safety, which would be the normal way to stamp stuff out.

Yesterday’s crime in France was horrific and I’m not sure how we go about preventing such evil deeds but it’s got to be discussed openly.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2020 12:43]

I take what your saying Gwyn, but it begs the question ‘So why import hundreds of thousands of people who believe in this religion every year?’

Anyone who suggests we stop this madness is labelled a racist but for me it’s not about skin colour, it’s not about xenophobia, it’s not even about immigration...I am pro-immigration (in a managed way).
I mean, we know that there is a problem with this religion, we know it’s values are inconsistent with ours. So why stand by as the problem grows?
Madness.

I wouldn’t be up for importing millions of Jehovah Witnesses either, for exactly the same reason - incompatible values.

...and I am not suggesting we treat the Muslims already here with intolerance, just that we as a society define the rules more clearly and insist that we don’t go down the path we are currently on.

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 13:15 - Oct 17 with 1529 viewsGwyn737

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 12:58 - Oct 17 by Kerouac

I take what your saying Gwyn, but it begs the question ‘So why import hundreds of thousands of people who believe in this religion every year?’

Anyone who suggests we stop this madness is labelled a racist but for me it’s not about skin colour, it’s not about xenophobia, it’s not even about immigration...I am pro-immigration (in a managed way).
I mean, we know that there is a problem with this religion, we know it’s values are inconsistent with ours. So why stand by as the problem grows?
Madness.

I wouldn’t be up for importing millions of Jehovah Witnesses either, for exactly the same reason - incompatible values.

...and I am not suggesting we treat the Muslims already here with intolerance, just that we as a society define the rules more clearly and insist that we don’t go down the path we are currently on.

Maybe we should be more explicit about our values.

Imagine if the Charlie Hebdo cartoons were splashed across the British media? It would send out a strong message about what is acceptable here.

We’ve got a fantastic history of satire through which nothing should be off limits, including religion and we shouldn’t be afraid of the difficult topics. This could be a way of normalising our values.
Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 13:58 - Oct 17 with 1505 viewsDJack

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 07:48 - Oct 17 by Gwyn737

Shocking drawing of the prophet Mohammed.

Looks far more like Allah 😉

No it doesn't, you cant see her tits.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 14:04 - Oct 17 with 1497 viewsHighjack

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 13:15 - Oct 17 by Gwyn737

Imagine if the Charlie Hebdo cartoons were splashed across the British media? It would send out a strong message about what is acceptable here.

We’ve got a fantastic history of satire through which nothing should be off limits, including religion and we shouldn’t be afraid of the difficult topics. This could be a way of normalising our values.

It’ll never happen. It’s going the other way. You only need to look at the new hate speech laws brought in by wee Jimmy’s lot. We won’t be able to criticise or laugh at anyone or anything that isn’t a straight white male soon.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 14:05 - Oct 17 with 1496 viewsonehunglow

Monty Python pretty much insulted every Christian with their portrayal of Jesus.
Apart from some indignation from some Churches,no national outrage whatsoever.

Even with our faults,it places us in a different planet to Islamic countries had Mohammed been truly ridiculed.

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 14:05 - Oct 17 with 1497 viewsGwyn737

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 13:58 - Oct 17 by DJack

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 14:26 - Oct 17 with 1486 viewsWingstandwood

People talk about the evils of Islam but some people who label themselves as Christian are really no better e.g. the ones that rejoiced, proclaiming Covid-19 to be God's punishment upon sinning, unbelieving and unclean society.

Warped scum, zero-end-product hateful warped scum and revolting Christians that type are. On the other hand you get the total opposite(s) i.e. Christian Methodist project volunteers that help the homeless in Swansea, the various other Christian church volunteer groups that have helped their U.K community during the Covid-19 months, the overseas aid Christian aid workers many whom risk their own lives helping others.

Argus!

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 14:42 - Oct 17 with 1473 viewschad

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 13:58 - Oct 17 by DJack

Now now don’t be exclusionist. Not all females have tits, let alone all women, although a number of males seem to.

If he had been a women, I think the rules might have been a tad reversed.
Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 15:26 - Oct 17 with 1452 viewsDr_Parnassus

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 14:42 - Oct 17 by chad

Now now don’t be exclusionist. Not all females have tits, let alone all women, although a number of males seem to.

Some people even think the word woman is offensive these days, I’m not even joking.

Many present the word as “womxn”. Same as Latino is now encouraged to be Latinx by the same sort of people.

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 16:27 - Oct 17 with 1432 viewsDJack

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 14:42 - Oct 17 by chad

Bollocking accepted...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 17:24 - Oct 17 with 1393 viewsFlashberryjack

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 13:15 - Oct 17 by Gwyn737

Never going to happen, show a cartoon featuring Jesus Christ and you'd get a few grumbles, show a cartoon featuring allah, and they'd be in real danger physical injury or even death from some muslims, also cop a load of verbal abuse and threats from the usual suspects.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 19:02 - Oct 17 with 1360 viewsCatullus

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 14:05 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

Monty Python pretty much insulted every Christian with their portrayal of Jesus.
Apart from some indignation from some Churches,no national outrage whatsoever.

Even with our faults,it places us in a different planet to Islamic countries had Mohammed been truly ridiculed.

If Python had done to Islam what they did to Christianity Cleese et al would have been dead a long while back!

Christians are still fair game for ridicule, most religions are, it's mostly Islam that has people running around threatening to behead the infidels. By Islam of course I mean Islamic extremists.
When it comes to Islamic education the most important thing is to obey.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 22:34 - Oct 17 with 1299 viewsonehunglow

Absolutely Cat;my point entirely.

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:15 - Oct 17 with 1279 viewsbuilthjack

Perhaps faith scoools such as Islamic, Moslem, Jewish etc should be banned.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 23:39 - Oct 17 with 1269 viewsHighjack

Teacher beheaded in Paris after importance of freedom class on 19:02 - Oct 17 by Catullus

If Python had done to Islam what they did to Christianity Cleese et al would have been dead a long while back!

Christians are still fair game for ridicule, most religions are, it's mostly Islam that has people running around threatening to behead the infidels. By Islam of course I mean Islamic extremists.
When it comes to Islamic education the most important thing is to obey.

I’m surprised this guy hasn’t been murdered yet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024