Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sian Massey & Aguero 00:39 - Oct 18 with 1563 viewsKeithHaynes

Really not happy with him placing hands on her. He should most certainly receive retrospective action. It almost felt sinister when I saw it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sian Massey & Aguero on 07:45 - Oct 18 with 1337 viewsKilkennyjack

All about intimidation.

Red card, certainly.
A ban for bringing the game into disrepute, certainly.

You dont put hands on officials. Not ever.

Beware of the Risen People

Sian Massey & Aguero on 08:21 - Oct 18 with 1319 viewsThornburyswan

Sian Massey & Aguero on 07:45 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

All about intimidation.

Red card, certainly.

Now if that had been rugby & Nigel Owens Mr Aguero wouldn’t be seeing a pitch for the next 3 months!
Sian Massey & Aguero on 08:29 - Oct 18 with 1309 viewsCatullus

I haven't seen it live but it should be a yellow card at least. If he got no punishment then why not? What is the ref doing because Massey must have told him?

The refs are useless. Look at the Mersey derby. Oliver had a clear view of Pickford taking out Van Dijk (I just watched it on MOTD) and did nothing, even worse, VAR then did nothing about a clear and obvious error, then went on to rule out a Liverpool goal for an offside that has me really puzzled. The picture they showed doesn't prove offside, it looks level at worst.

Just what is going on?

I've just seen it on MOTD and Massey tells the ref it's ok, shakes her hand at him to say no action so maybe the ref was going to take action but as it was seen there won't be retrospective action, that's the rule isn't it?
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 8:55]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Sian Massey & Aguero on 09:10 - Oct 18 with 1269 viewsMartinSwan

First of all it’s worth me saying I didn’t see it live only about 30s on video. Also I don’t really like Man City.

Having said that it’s difficult to see what all the fuss is about. It’s not true you can’t touch an official, there are all sorts of occasions when you do, giving a hand if they have fallen over etc. However that wasnt one of the occasions.

He was protesting, she ignored it (quite right too) and turned away, and he put his hand on her shoulder, in a childish response (sort of hang on, don’t ignore me and walk away manner).

She continues to ignore it and got on with the game. It’s hard to argue with her reaction, put him in his place in my book.

So for me it comes down to the guidance officials have been given to deal with continuous berating of officials.

I take a hard line, any protest by any and all player(s) automatic yellow card for every player who protests. Any and all foul language to the ref automatic red card. Violent protest to an official automatic red card card and 20 match ban.

So I would have given him a yellow card for protesting
Sian Massey & Aguero on 09:22 - Oct 18 with 1259 viewsHighjack

The hand on the shoulder didn’t look aggressive at all to me, more of a friendly thing. But that in itself should be banned. We’ve all got memories of John Terry, Kevin Nolan and others man marking the referee and constantly instructing them how to referee a match.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Sian Massey & Aguero on 09:24 - Oct 18 with 1255 viewsHighjack

Sian Massey & Aguero on 07:45 - Oct 18 by Kilkennyjack

All about intimidation.

Red card, certainly.

Aguero is right to be intimidated. Siannie’s one of the best officials out there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Sian Massey & Aguero on 10:06 - Oct 18 with 1210 viewsonehunglow

Not sure why anyone is touching ,hugging or caressing anyone on the pitch these days.Be nice to see officials stop players from gobbing every time they expend some energy.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sian Massey & Aguero on 11:31 - Oct 18 with 1157 viewsNotLoyal

5he way he did it and the look on his face should tell you all you need to know, I'm with killy on this.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Sian Massey & Aguero on 12:32 - Oct 18 with 1104 viewschad

Sian Massey & Aguero on 11:31 - Oct 18 by NotLoyal

5he way he did it and the look on his face should tell you all you need to know, I'm with killy on this.

Agree looks patronising to me, plain and simple (squiring)

Was interested in this tweet, which I find a little concerning and especially unacceptable from a professional footballer...

Hanniballer
@JedUtd
·
29m
Replying to
@footballdaily
If everything with women is going to be an issue, take them out of men sport. Stop making an issue of meaningless things

And then posts a picture of a footballer cupping a Male officials bald head in his hands, as if that is ok

Given the long history (and ongoing in some cultures / religions) of treatment of women as lesser beings, and given so many words are now considered unacceptable because of various prejudices, surely it can be understood that whilst this sort of touching of a match official is patronising / controlling and unacceptable, it poses additional inference of control when exercised on a woman official by a man.
Sian Massey & Aguero on 12:43 - Oct 18 with 1087 viewsraynor94

What a fuss and total overreaction to a harmless act, I wonder what would have been said if the official had been a man.

Miss Massey never even batted an eyelid, the correct reaction

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Sian Massey & Aguero on 13:17 - Oct 18 with 1053 viewsKeithHaynes

Sian Massey & Aguero on 12:43 - Oct 18 by raynor94

What a fuss and total overreaction to a harmless act, I wonder what would have been said if the official had been a man.

Apart from when she pushed his arm away. I do see your point, but Aguero has no previous incident that I’ve seen of touching officials. That’s the problem. Could be a decent discussion though, because these are definitely the times.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Sian Massey & Aguero on 16:39 - Oct 18 with 945 viewsbuilthjack

Sian Massey & Aguero on 10:06 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

Not sure why anyone is touching ,hugging or caressing anyone on the pitch these days.Be nice to see officials stop players from gobbing every time they expend some energy.

Spitting is supposed to be banned now, but it happens all over the pitch.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sian Massey & Aguero on 17:14 - Oct 18 with 909 viewsMartinSwan

Sian Massey & Aguero on 12:32 - Oct 18 by chad

Agree looks patronising to me, plain and simple (squiring)

Was interested in this tweet, which I find a little concerning and especially unacceptable from a professional footballer...

Hanniballer
@JedUtd
·
29m
Replying to
@footballdaily
If everything with women is going to be an issue, take them out of men sport. Stop making an issue of meaningless things

And then posts a picture of a footballer cupping a Male officials bald head in his hands, as if that is ok

Given the long history (and ongoing in some cultures / religions) of treatment of women as lesser beings, and given so many words are now considered unacceptable because of various prejudices, surely it can be understood that whilst this sort of touching of a match official is patronising / controlling and unacceptable, it poses additional inference of control when exercised on a woman official by a man.

There is a need to be very careful with the argument you are using, which is in fact treating a women as a lesser being.

I believe Sian was spot on how she dealt with the issue. Why believe she was incapable of telling the ref if she felt more was required. Indeed it was reviewed by the VAR and deemed not worth of any further action, which suggests Sian had dealt with it properly.

Women are not lesser beings they are equal partners, to argue for greater protection is frankly demeaning of women.
Sian Massey & Aguero on 17:21 - Oct 18 with 903 viewsSwanjaxs

She has previous...

Dirty Cardiff 💩

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Sian Massey & Aguero on 18:51 - Oct 18 with 840 viewsHighjack

Sian Massey & Aguero on 17:14 - Oct 18 by MartinSwan

There is a need to be very careful with the argument you are using, which is in fact treating a women as a lesser being.

I believe Sian was spot on how she dealt with the issue. Why believe she was incapable of telling the ref if she felt more was required. Indeed it was reviewed by the VAR and deemed not worth of any further action, which suggests Sian had dealt with it properly.

Women are not lesser beings they are equal partners, to argue for greater protection is frankly demeaning of women.

Completely agree. Our Siannie has proved time and time again she’s there on merit, she’s one of the best and most experienced officials out there and is more than capable of dealing with a hand on the shoulder. I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s wondering why the bloody Norah so much fuss is being made of this.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2020 18:53]

Sian Massey & Aguero on 19:21 - Oct 18 with 812 viewsFlashberryjack

Sian Massey & Aguero on 12:43 - Oct 18 by raynor94

Thank god there's someone else that thinks it was a harmless act.

FFS people, lighten up.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Sian Massey & Aguero on 19:48 - Oct 18 with 784 viewsAndy1300

Sian Massey & Aguero on 19:21 - Oct 18 by Flashberryjack

Thank god there's someone else that thinks it was a harmless act.

FFS people, lighten up.

Me too

Number 1 team in Wales

Sian Massey & Aguero on 20:12 - Oct 18 with 749 viewsFireboy2

Sian Massey & Aguero on 19:48 - Oct 18 by Andy1300

Me too

Me three.
Sian Massey & Aguero on 23:02 - Oct 18 with 675 viewsswancity

Nothing wrong with it. Storm in a tea cup.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Sian Massey & Aguero on 23:07 - Oct 18 with 663 viewsHighjack

Sian Massey & Aguero on 19:48 - Oct 18 by Andy1300

Me too

I see what you did there.

Sian Massey & Aguero on 23:57 - Oct 18 with 649 viewschad

Sian Massey & Aguero on 17:14 - Oct 18 by MartinSwan

No I din’t think so. In fact personally and as a woman, I have always been against the likes of positive discrimination, as personally I thought it unfair on men and demeaning to women.

I think I quite clearly said that it was controlling and unacceptable for all match officials. So was not suggesting any different treatment or greater protection.

I merely indicated:
it poses additional inference of control when exercised on a woman official by a man.

I think that is not an unreasonable comment, as I pointed out, both historical and even by some, current treatment of women, supports this. How many can honestly say for instance they would react the exact same way, if a bloke punched a woman full in the face to if a bloke punched a man?

Nor did I suggest she was incapable of telling the ref if she thought more was required. I also indicated that the player holding the top of the bald make officials head was clearly not acceptable, but you do not seem to be saying I was suggesting he was incapable of telling the ref if more was required. So perhaps it is you treating them differently ;)
Sian Massey & Aguero on 07:41 - Oct 19 with 579 viewsAndy1300

Sian Massey & Aguero on 23:57 - Oct 18 by chad

No I din’t think so. In fact personally and as a woman, I have always been against the likes of positive discrimination, as personally I thought it unfair on men and demeaning to women.

I think I quite clearly said that it was controlling and unacceptable for all match officials. So was not suggesting any different treatment or greater protection.

I merely indicated:
it poses additional inference of control when exercised on a woman official by a man.

I think that is not an unreasonable comment, as I pointed out, both historical and even by some, current treatment of women, supports this. How many can honestly say for instance they would react the exact same way, if a bloke punched a woman full in the face to if a bloke punched a man?

Nor did I suggest she was incapable of telling the ref if she thought more was required. I also indicated that the player holding the top of the bald make officials head was clearly not acceptable, but you do not seem to be saying I was suggesting he was incapable of telling the ref if more was required. So perhaps it is you treating them differently ;)

Perhaps keep women officials to the women’s game and vice versa, problem solved!

Number 1 team in Wales

Sian Massey & Aguero on 08:02 - Oct 19 with 571 views34dfgdf54

I merely indicated:

I'm with the post above. (Andy's post). Women in women's game and vice versa.

Wasn't Phil Neville fined for helping one of his players with cramp the other year?
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 8:02]
Sian Massey & Aguero on 09:32 - Oct 19 with 529 viewsMartinSwan

I merely indicated:

An interesting reply. I’m uncertain why you felt the need to identify yourself as a woman. How is that relevant? Do you believe your gender means your opinion is of greater value or was there some other reason?

Having said that clearly we agree that discrimination is wrong in all its forms, just adding a word in front doesnt change its nature at all. Discrimination is unacceptable. It’s clear you believe Aguero’s arm on the shoulder was controlling, I have seen the same incident, and I didn’t see it that way at all. We have different opinions so that is fine.

My concern is whilst you say you weren’t suggesting greater protection and/or different treatment, you then go on to say “it poses additional inference of control when exercised on a woman official by a man.”

No it doesn’t, as that is discrimination. Neither Aguero nor Sian takes onto the pitch the burdens of all the injustices that have happened in History. No player should go the pitch and have to think I need to treat this official differently because they are....insert your group identity of choice.

Aguero and Sian are just taking part in a football match on a particular day at a particular time. You judge what happens on that basis. To see the incident as anything other than a crass incident requires you to project your opinions and infer what someone else might or might not have intended.

Collapsing interactions down to a single group identity and use that as the basis of judgement is frankly absurd.

Just to prove how absurd, how about we view the incident this way. Aguero is a man of colour and Sian is clearly white. The only time she reacted was when she was touched by a man of colour. Should we therefore see this as a racist incident.

Clearly no, you have to project your own opinions and infer what someone else was thinking and intending to construe the event into something it clearly is not.

With regard to the violence, not sure again about the relevance unless again you are arguing for greater protection, but you won’t be surprised to hear I see it differently. I would look at the physical size, weight etc of the individuals and if it was one punch or an attempt as a continuous beating.

I would intervene on the smaller individual’s side if there was a continuation of the fight and they were clearly losing.
Sian Massey & Aguero on 10:39 - Oct 19 with 495 viewsNotLoyal

Sorry keef, I have to disagree here. Nothing to see.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024