Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Circuit breaker-Non essential 11:56 - Oct 18 with 1248 viewsmagicdaps10

Just after some views here.

I know a few retail places that were closed under the first lockdown as they were non essential, I have heard direct from the horses mouth that they don't intend to close this time if it is announced non retail has to close.
In a nutshell, seems like some non essential retailers plan to stay open regardless and are going to change their businesses description to allow the tills to keep going.... Views?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 12:09 - Oct 18 with 948 viewsexhmrc1

Anyone breaking the law needs to be punished and the punishment needs to be strong enough to deter. Closed until after Christmas rather than the kind of 2 week bans currently being imposed on pubs. However if there is a national lockdown and people are not going out in numbers then these shops will lose money anyway by opening because they wont have enough customers. That said I am uncertain whether we need a national lockdown. The r rate is often 2 weeks behind. The track and trace figures often a week behind so it is still pretty much uncertain whether the restrictions are working. Yesterdays figures were 50 more than the same day last week so it isnt growing massively. By this time next week we will have a truer picture.
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 12:55 - Oct 18 with 924 viewsexhmrc1

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 12:09 - Oct 18 by exhmrc1

Anyone breaking the law needs to be punished and the punishment needs to be strong enough to deter. Closed until after Christmas rather than the kind of 2 week bans currently being imposed on pubs. However if there is a national lockdown and people are not going out in numbers then these shops will lose money anyway by opening because they wont have enough customers. That said I am uncertain whether we need a national lockdown. The r rate is often 2 weeks behind. The track and trace figures often a week behind so it is still pretty much uncertain whether the restrictions are working. Yesterdays figures were 50 more than the same day last week so it isnt growing massively. By this time next week we will have a truer picture.

The problem is the figures from the Lighthouse Labs are reported days later. The current figures for Wales based on actual dates of testing show a peak period from 6 October of 771 new cases on 6 October, 847 on 7 October and 814 on 8 October. These would have been before the changes has taken effect. For 12 October there was 698 , 13 October there was 678 although there might still be cases to add on to these due to the late reporting from lighthouse labs but it indicates a slight slowing rather than the increasing that the r rate is showing,
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:20 - Oct 18 with 913 viewsDr_Winston

There was no reason why many "non essential" businesses were forced to close the first time around as long as they could have put the same kind of systems in place as the supermarkets did.

I hope lots of them do ignore it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:33 - Oct 18 with 906 viewsFireboy2

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:20 - Oct 18 by Dr_Winston

There was no reason why many "non essential" businesses were forced to close the first time around as long as they could have put the same kind of systems in place as the supermarkets did.

So do I Doc.

Aa long as they enforce the systems set up I dont see a problem.
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:36 - Oct 18 with 902 viewsScotia

There is no legitimate reason for non essential shops to close. Most are pretty good at having social distancing measures and them being open hasn't contributed to infections.

How Drakeford thinks shop workers can survive on 2/3 of minimum wage in the run up to Xmas is beyond me.
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:47 - Oct 18 with 895 viewsDr_Winston

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:36 - Oct 18 by Scotia

There is no legitimate reason for non essential shops to close. Most are pretty good at having social distancing measures and them being open hasn't contributed to infections.

How Drakeford thinks shop workers can survive on 2/3 of minimum wage in the run up to Xmas is beyond me.

It's seemed the case since day one that the most ardent proponents of lockdowns are those who don't have to worry about paying the mortgage or putting food on the table when they happen.

Tolerance is wearing thin.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:48 - Oct 18 with 882 viewsraynor94

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:20 - Oct 18 by Dr_Winston

So do I, these lockdown rules are farcical

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:59 - Oct 18 with 885 viewscontroversial_jack

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:48 - Oct 18 by raynor94

So do I, these lockdown rules are farcical

They are simple enough. Keep your distance, wear a mask and follow basic hygiene, but ppl can't follow these, or don't want to so that's why we need compulsion and lockdowns
Login to get fewer ads

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:02 - Oct 18 with 882 viewsAndy1300

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:59 - Oct 18 by controversial_jack

They are simple enough. Keep your distance, wear a mask and follow basic hygiene, but ppl can't follow these, or don't want to so that's why we need compulsion and lockdowns

Lockdowns don’t work

Number 1 team in Wales

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:10 - Oct 18 with 876 viewsHighjack

They’re not the only rules. Some of the stuff they’ve come out with since the start have been laughable.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:15 - Oct 18 with 874 viewsonehunglow

Most people are sensible .However those who aren't and are selfish are the reasons why we have restrictions and that is to try to stop virus spreading.

It would be far easier if people wore a face covering,kept distance and washed hands.Even a cursory look around sees out real issue. People.

That Johnson believes we can fight this by using our British common sense is literally fatal.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:39 - Oct 18 with 858 viewsAndy1300

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:15 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

Most people are sensible .However those who aren't and are selfish are the reasons why we have restrictions and that is to try to stop virus spreading.

It would be far easier if people wore a face covering,kept distance and washed hands.Even a cursory look around sees out real issue. People.

That Johnson believes we can fight this by using our British common sense is literally fatal.

But we now know that the virus isn’t really as bad as it’s made out to be.

Number 1 team in Wales

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:42 - Oct 18 with 855 viewsjack_lord

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:15 - Oct 18 by onehunglow

I'm avoiding my inevitable swipe at the Tories but Johnson is a buffoon. It is very simple, wear a mask, keep your distance and wash. If you have symptoms, whilst it may be too late to have passed it on to some people if you are positive, ISOLATE.

I know that the above may be prolonging the real issue but British common sense is , as you say and been frequently displayed, literally fatal.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:48 - Oct 18 with 847 viewsexhmrc1

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:02 - Oct 18 by Andy1300

Lockdowns don’t work

Perhaps you would like to explain why the Welsh figures came down from 391 a day in April to 5 a day in August. Was it down to luck or why those countries that stopped people going in there have had a fraction of deaths that those that didnt have.

Sweden who you want us to follow has had 5918 deaths for 10 million compared to Singapore with 28 deaths for 5 million. Singapore locked down Sweden didnt. All those extra people died in Sweden. WHY?
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:54 - Oct 18 with 846 viewsonehunglow

As you know,Jase,I am apolitical but I despise Boris as he purports to be a leader and he really isnt .He also reckons he's strong.Nothing like it.

He has passedrules/regulations and then said they wouldnt be enforced which to me is insanity.

Anyone can swan around mask free with not a word said. Exempt? Who could possibly know as they aren't challenged.

Boris hasnt the guts to call out our nation a selfish feckwits who will not act for the common good. His first thoughts seem to want to keep pubs betting offices open .Why? Tax revenues and chums running the Drinks and Gambling industries.

Industry lost countless jobs with less outrage.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 15:49 - Oct 18 with 819 viewsmagicdaps10

So, reading the posts here, it's OK for non essential shops to open seems to be the opinion on here?

How would it work when the people are then being told not to leave the house unless for essential shopping? Think by allowing non essential shops to open and then tell people not to go to shops unless essential would add to the contradictions and confusion?

I am not knocking your views and I agree with them opening by keeping certain procedures in place, just goes to show the confusion is right across the board.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 16:09 - Oct 18 with 808 viewsHighjack

Any shop that sells food, cleaning stuff, diy stuff or clothes would probably count as essential which is most shops so I doubt many places will close this time.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 16:10 - Oct 18 with 808 viewsexhmrc1

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 14:48 - Oct 18 by exhmrc1

Perhaps you would like to explain why the Welsh figures came down from 391 a day in April to 5 a day in August. Was it down to luck or why those countries that stopped people going in there have had a fraction of deaths that those that didnt have.

Sweden who you want us to follow has had 5918 deaths for 10 million compared to Singapore with 28 deaths for 5 million. Singapore locked down Sweden didnt. All those extra people died in Sweden. WHY?

You might like to see this. He didnt believe that it existed either.

Fitness influencer Dmitriy Stuzhuk dies with coronavirus after previously saying it didn’t exist

Fitness influencer Dmitriy Stuzhuk has died at 33 years old after testing positive for coronavirus, having previously doubted the existence of the virus.

Three days ago, Mr Stuzhuk, from Ukraine, shared a post on Instagram updating his 1.1m followers on his condition, having contracted Covid-19.

Sharing pictures from his hospital bed, he wrote that during a recent trip to Turkey, he woke up one night with breathing difficulties, developing a cough the next day.

When he returned to Ukraine, Mr Stuzhuk underwent a test for coronavirus, which came back positive.

"I was one who thought that Covid does not exist… until I got sick,” he said in his Instagram post.

“COVID-19 IS NOT A SHORT-LIVED DISEASE! And it is heavy.”

Stuzhuk added at the end of the caption that his condition was “stable”.

A day later, Stuzhuk’s ex-wife Sofia Stuzhuk, with whom he had three children, announced on Instagram that he had died.

Ms Stuzhuk shared a photograph of her and her ex-husband on the beach with their children at sunset. Their youngest child is nine months old.

The 25-year-old, who is also an influencer, then shared a second post dedicated to Stuzhuk, featuring another picture of them with their children.

“For the rest of my life I will remain grateful to you for our three beautiful children," she wrote.

“For all the invaluable experience. And for who I have become with you.”
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 17:01 - Oct 18 with 793 viewscontroversial_jack

The sooner ppl get the seriousness of this through their thick skulls the better. This is not like the flu. It's not a respiratory illness, it attacks the entire system.
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 17:19 - Oct 18 with 777 viewsCatullus

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 13:33 - Oct 18 by Fireboy2

So do I Doc.

Aa long as they enforce the systems set up I dont see a problem.

I'm with you. Businesses should be allowed to carry on as long as they can do distancing AND it's enforced.
If we enforce more lockdowns the economic outcome could be so bad that more people suffer from mental health issues.

It's us more vulnerable people who need to stay out of the way so if businesses can stay open then let them but monitor them and give financial aid to those that can't open.
This flip flopping between open and closed is too harmful, we need a long term plan and stick to it, in my non expert opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 17:40 - Oct 18 with 758 viewsraynor94

Stay behind the sofa, and let normal people carry on with their lives, are you in employment?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 18:06 - Oct 18 with 753 viewscontroversial_jack

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 17:40 - Oct 18 by raynor94

Stay behind the sofa, and let normal people carry on with their lives, are you in employment?

Why not just follow basic hygiene rules? It's not rocket science.

Normal people are getting infected and dying.
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 18:12 - Oct 18 with 746 viewsScotia

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 17:19 - Oct 18 by Catullus

I'm with you. Businesses should be allowed to carry on as long as they can do distancing AND it's enforced.
If we enforce more lockdowns the economic outcome could be so bad that more people suffer from mental health issues.

It's us more vulnerable people who need to stay out of the way so if businesses can stay open then let them but monitor them and give financial aid to those that can't open.
This flip flopping between open and closed is too harmful, we need a long term plan and stick to it, in my non expert opinion.

I think the major problem preventing businesses staying open and a lockdown being inevitable is the failure of track and trace.

Adequate quick testing, enforced social distancing and full support to those self isolating and we wouldn't be too far off. I think that this is going to be the only way through 2021 even with a vaccine.
Circuit breaker-Non essential on 19:52 - Oct 18 with 713 viewsCatullus

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 18:12 - Oct 18 by Scotia

I think the major problem preventing businesses staying open and a lockdown being inevitable is the failure of track and trace.

Adequate quick testing, enforced social distancing and full support to those self isolating and we wouldn't be too far off. I think that this is going to be the only way through 2021 even with a vaccine.

If only we had that world class track and trace that we were promised eh?

I also think the punishments for rule breakers should be higher. Uni studentsshould be kicked off their courses, that threat would be a game changer to them, affecting the rest of their lives if they don't fall into line. Businesses not complying should just be shut down and the owner/manager fined 20k.
If a big corporate business doesn't comply then the CEO should face jail time for every breach.
Without strong enough punishments people will take the mick.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 20:19 - Oct 18 with 681 viewsexhmrc1

Circuit breaker-Non essential on 19:52 - Oct 18 by Catullus

If only we had that world class track and trace that we were promised eh?

I also think the punishments for rule breakers should be higher. Uni studentsshould be kicked off their courses, that threat would be a game changer to them, affecting the rest of their lives if they don't fall into line. Businesses not complying should just be shut down and the owner/manager fined 20k.
If a big corporate business doesn't comply then the CEO should face jail time for every breach.
Without strong enough punishments people will take the mick.

I agree with you re punishments not being strong enough but not with students. Many have been placed in this mess. If they live in Halls or HMOs much of it will have spread there. If 1 has it then loads of others will too. Just like if your son gets it you and your wife are likely to as well. It is the universities and government that caused the student problem not the students. This was always going to happen. The figures should have been kept down in August and September instead actions were taken that lead to a spread and then a further spread when students went to university. We shouldnt have opened borders and pubs. That is what created the increased numbers that led to it being spread amongst students. It was totally predictable but some of you failed to recognise reality.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024