Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video 10:42 - Oct 21 with 13366 viewsNotLoyal

Saturday 24th October 2020
Kick off 3pm
Ashton Gate

Swans TV Live 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Officials ⚽️
OLIVER LANGFORD
Daniel Leach and Graham Kane
Fourth Official : Christopher Sarginson

Matchday referee is Oliver Langford who is the son of Bonnie Langford who also used to be Lena Zaveroni, until she died. She then became Bonnie Langford again and ran a pub in her hometown with John Leslie, the absolutely no nonsense flexi fingered, not guilty blue peter presenter.

Referee Langford’s mum yesterday in the bathroom mirror

Oliver is no relation to Michael Oliver and has been a ref for many days, he also holds the world record for the loudest whistle in referee land. He isn’t on the referees select list. So we will have to keep an eye on him. In last year or this year ish a petition was started on Change.org to get Langford investigated stating he wasn’t very good at being a ref. 85 people signed it. Or maybe more, not a lot happened about the petition which makes a mockery of change.org because nothing changed. A really worrying aspect of the match officials comes in the form of Graham Kane who is the reserve team manager at Shelbourne FC which is in an ireland. He also runs a paint shop in Edinburgh, so not a lot of thought has been put in to this appointment. He is going to be very busy on Saturday as his shop has special offers on and Shelbourne are playing Airtricity in a football game. Some would say he isn’t very Abel.

https://cdn.shortpixel.ai/client/q_glossy,ret_img,w_484/
This is Graham Kane when he is not knee deep in Dulux off white interior paint

The other match officials are ok, but don’t be fooled because they all hang around together before, during and after the game.

What do we know about the Bristols ?

In the last meeting the Bristols started to want to fight with Swansea, a couple of the Bristols jumped on to the pitch and jumped up and down. Those that got close to the visiting fans were clumped, afterwards more clumping was done. After the game the Bristols ran around a local park until they couldn’t run anymore. It’s what they do. A large number of fans were jailed and oddly two of the Swansea fans jailed were from Bristol. Maybe it isn’t that odd, with only the Bristols and Roys Rovers as local options to support.

Swansea supporters in Bristol before the last game

What do we know about the Bristols of older times and now ?

Well, Bristols are people from Burzle, which is on the River Avon, ding dong. Burzle has a lot of famous people who have left the area including Carey Grant who went to Hollywood in the America, but never he relaxed he just got very famous and never once sucked or chewed it. Giraffe man Stephen Merchant is from Burzle. Funny walking John Cleese is as well. As is Russell Howard who is rubbish. Massive Attack, the well known group of men are also from Bristols but there’s many other bands to choose from, like The Wurzels and Iron Maiden ( the tribute) Then there’s ruffian Banksy who ruins perfectly good surfaces with paint. He probably gets it from that shop in Edinburgh off Graham Kane. JK Rowling who I've never heard of is from there as is the league cup sponsor Princess Caraboo (1791 - 1864) It’s a great place for a drink in a pub, they have more than five and some are near the River where people do go swimming. Some don’t ever get out, and others do, it’s very dangerous but is a great place to buy a variety of powders and ales that can make you fly. Take your trunks and your lifesaving swimming certificate if you visit Burzle. Middle class spoilt kids from Burzle on weekends only smash things up they don’t understand, because other people do as well. My favourite venue in Burzle is the Colston Hall.

Burzles from Bristols

How Bristol City lined up last game v Middlesborough
BRISTOL CITY
Bentley, Moore, Vyner, Mawson, Paterson, Hunt, Bakinson, Weimann, Rowe, Martin, Wells.

Alfie Mawson will be out on Saturday after being stretchered off on Tuesday v Middlesbrough.

Here is the Bristol Post sports writers assessment on Saturdays game.

Which player(s) do Swansea need to be wary of this weekend?

Chris Martin, who leads the league for assists this season. The Scotsman was a free transfer capture before the season and his link-up play with Nahki Wells has been impressive. He can score as well and City's front two are developing a nice partnership, with Wells often feeding off the clever knockdowns and link-up play that Martin offers.
Tommy Rowe and Jack Hunt - the two wing-backs have been two further beneficiaries of Martin's assists this season, showing that City do have goals from all over, with the former Rams striker a focal point of the City attack.

Do you think the Robins are realistic promotion contenders after their impressive start to the season?

I think they are realistic contenders for the top six. I'm not so sure about promotion, and I think the three relegated teams from the Premier League, with Brentford, look the best bets to go up for me.
City should be in the mix for the top six, and their start has added hope that they may finally make that step, after going close in the last few years.
They're aiming to match Swansea City and build on a mixture of shrewd loans, homegrown products and top talent brought in at value. And Bristol City would dearly love to slip into the top six like the Swans did last season.

ITS ALL HERE -
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/

Jay Fulton makes his first start of the season as Swansea City face Bristol City in the Championship this afternoon (3pm).

The Scottish midfielder comes into the side at the expense of Viktor Gyokeres in the sole change from the XI that started the midweek draw at Coventry.

Freddie Woodman continues in goal, with new signing Ryan Bennett again lining up alongside Marc Guehi and Ben Cabango in a three-man defence.

Connor Roberts and Jake Bidwell are the wing-backs, while Fulton joins captain Matt Grimes and ex-Robin Korey Smith in the middle of the park.

Andre Ayew and Jamal Lowe will lead the Swansea attack.

Bristol City: Daniel Bentley, Jay Dasilva, Chris Martin, Jamie Paterson, Andreas Weimann, Antoine Semenyo, Tomas Kalas (captain), Taylor Moore, Zak Vyner, Chris Brunt, Steven Sessegnon.

Substitutes: Max O'Leary, Jack Hunt, Famara Diedhiou, Callum O'Dowda, Nahki Wells, Tommy Rowe, Tyreeq Bakinson.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Viktor Gyokeres, Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Kyle Naughton.

Referee: Oliver Langford

5 changes for Bristol City.

GET AT EM JACK'S.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 14:09]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:51 - Oct 24 with 1191 viewsNotLoyal

Wells kicks woodman in the head. That's ok.

OK I've changed it.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:51 - Oct 24 with 1190 viewsThornburyswan

Do well to hang on here!
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:51 - Oct 24 with 1190 viewstheloneranger

He's given 5 yellow cards and a penalty against us!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:53 - Oct 24 with 1169 viewsNortbankboy

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:47 - Oct 24 by NotLoyal

I knew bonny Langford was still on his mind. Ref is on super 6.

Got to honest we are shapeless again.
Can't keep possession of the ball,it's like watching a schoolboy game.
Very poor
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:54 - Oct 24 with 1146 viewsNortbankboy

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:53 - Oct 24 by Nortbankboy

Very poor

korry Smith feck me
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:56 - Oct 24 with 1109 viewsNotLoyal

ENGLISH REF 😂

OK I've changed it.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:57 - Oct 24 with 1084 viewstrampie

Poor result for Swansea I expected them to do better against Bristol City.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:58 - Oct 24 with 1069 viewsKeithHaynes

We will wait for a while before doing a match report. Langford, oh dear you fool.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:59 - Oct 24 with 1046 viewsAnotherJohn

Better than earlier in the week and I thought we deserved all 3 points. It is the first time for a long time that the phrase "homer ref" has come to mind. I thought we could have been more positive near the end when they had overloaded with forwards and had an unbalanced team.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 17:02]
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:01 - Oct 24 with 1023 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:53 - Oct 24 by Nortbankboy

Very poor

Harsh.
It was not a great game but we played some decent stuff in patches. Always well organised in defence and our closing down / pressing was good.
Lets not forget Bristol are right up there at the top and we were better than them and only a bent ref saved them.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:02 - Oct 24 with 1005 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:57 - Oct 24 by trampie

Poor result for Swansea I expected them to do better against Bristol City.

Great point away to a team in the top three well done Cooper and the team .
There will still be a few of our supporters upset we did not loose today.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:02 - Oct 24 with 1003 viewsNortbankboy

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:59 - Oct 24 by AnotherJohn

Better than earlier in the week and I thought we deserved all 3 points. It is the first time for a long time that the phrase "homer ref" has come to mind. I thought we could have been more positive near the end when they had overloaded with forwards and had an unbalanced team.

Time to give manning a run of games
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:02 - Oct 24 with 993 viewsonehunglow

Sadly another game where we drop points to a bog awful team.

Coventry got stuffed 4-0 today btw at home

We score a cracking goal then ---ease off ,as we always do. Why?

We simply do not have a positive manager who can drive our team forward. I'm not ure what some are seeing to be frank.

On positive side,Bennett looks immense and Guehi too. With these 2 ,we can ,realy we can,drive forward more and kill off team.

Vic looked pretty good too considering he was hooked last Tuesday

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:04 - Oct 24 with 983 viewsNortbankboy

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:02 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

A good point,but we were dreadful.
We've gone backwards the last couple of games
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:07 - Oct 24 with 961 viewsonehunglow

You might see some flack coming your way northbank as those always rights are in full flow showing their unfettered support for Steve.

Cooper,in fairness ,is smarter than he look and is clearly hoodwinking our fans.

Woodman ,again,at he end could have lost us the game as that was no foul on him.He fookn dropped the ball.

Wake the feck up folks
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 17:08]

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:09 - Oct 24 with 943 viewsAndyCole

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 16:59 - Oct 24 by AnotherJohn

Fully agree. Though I felt Vik added some go forward near the end, an out-ball ++.

Deserves a start, Ayew could do with a rest.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:11 - Oct 24 with 935 viewsBoundy

O to live in world where perfection is ever present . It must be nice

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:12 - Oct 24 with 920 viewsonehunglow

Vik is mobile,big and will shoot at the first chance.
Ayew is selfish proven again today by trying the spectacular when Lowe was in a postion to score easily.

He also shoots his mouth and referees are giving him nothing as a result

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:13 - Oct 24 with 912 viewsKeithHaynes

Top 6, rugby game on Tuesday.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:14 - Oct 24 with 904 viewsNortbankboy

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:07 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

You might see some flack coming your way northbank as those always rights are in full flow showing their unfettered support for Steve.

Cooper,in fairness ,is smarter than he look and is clearly hoodwinking our fans.

Woodman ,again,at he end could have lost us the game as that was no foul on him.He fookn dropped the ball.

Wake the feck up folks
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 17:08]

Perhaps it's me ,but I thought we were poor and would not like to watch that every week.
Seems like we are going back to the boring paul Clements school of football
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:18 - Oct 24 with 878 viewsangryjack

Smith is dreadful .....no creativity in midfield either,dhanda deserves a run
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:19 - Oct 24 with 876 viewsNortbankboy

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:18 - Oct 24 by angryjack

Smith is dreadful .....no creativity in midfield either,dhanda deserves a run

Glad someone can see it
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:19 - Oct 24 with 873 viewsonehunglow

I hate to agree with you but what is in front of us dire and the happy clappers can wax as lyrical as they like but it wont change owt.

Bristol City were no better than Coventry so forget early league positions and were there to be killed off but no-Steve has us back pedalling and we get shafted. That it has happened so many times before staggers me as it is pretty obvious .

We have some decent players. Vic looks like he will core many -given the chance. To do that,Ayew has to be less selfish and shut his mouth too as he is making referees give marginal decisions against us.They do that.
Bennett looks tremendous and a rock around which we can build . A great signing.
Guehi too is some player already.

With a defence like that, we really can put games to bed not hang on only to lose points in the cruelet ways.

That said,some of our luminaries on here seem to enjoy that and get off having a go at others less than impressed with it all.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:30 - Oct 24 with 822 viewsTenbySwan

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 15:43 - Oct 24 by KeithHaynes

Pretty unsure if the ref has read Roger's article.

I think he read it at half time
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:33 - Oct 24 with 814 viewsHighjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 17:02 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

“In a way, I hope we get stuffed.”

You’re right there.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024