Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video 10:42 - Oct 21 with 13240 viewsNotLoyal

Saturday 24th October 2020
Kick off 3pm
Ashton Gate

Swans TV Live 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Officials ⚽️
OLIVER LANGFORD
Daniel Leach and Graham Kane
Fourth Official : Christopher Sarginson

Matchday referee is Oliver Langford who is the son of Bonnie Langford who also used to be Lena Zaveroni, until she died. She then became Bonnie Langford again and ran a pub in her hometown with John Leslie, the absolutely no nonsense flexi fingered, not guilty blue peter presenter.

Referee Langford’s mum yesterday in the bathroom mirror

Oliver is no relation to Michael Oliver and has been a ref for many days, he also holds the world record for the loudest whistle in referee land. He isn’t on the referees select list. So we will have to keep an eye on him. In last year or this year ish a petition was started on Change.org to get Langford investigated stating he wasn’t very good at being a ref. 85 people signed it. Or maybe more, not a lot happened about the petition which makes a mockery of change.org because nothing changed. A really worrying aspect of the match officials comes in the form of Graham Kane who is the reserve team manager at Shelbourne FC which is in an ireland. He also runs a paint shop in Edinburgh, so not a lot of thought has been put in to this appointment. He is going to be very busy on Saturday as his shop has special offers on and Shelbourne are playing Airtricity in a football game. Some would say he isn’t very Abel.

https://cdn.shortpixel.ai/client/q_glossy,ret_img,w_484/
This is Graham Kane when he is not knee deep in Dulux off white interior paint

The other match officials are ok, but don’t be fooled because they all hang around together before, during and after the game.

What do we know about the Bristols ?

In the last meeting the Bristols started to want to fight with Swansea, a couple of the Bristols jumped on to the pitch and jumped up and down. Those that got close to the visiting fans were clumped, afterwards more clumping was done. After the game the Bristols ran around a local park until they couldn’t run anymore. It’s what they do. A large number of fans were jailed and oddly two of the Swansea fans jailed were from Bristol. Maybe it isn’t that odd, with only the Bristols and Roys Rovers as local options to support.

Swansea supporters in Bristol before the last game

What do we know about the Bristols of older times and now ?

Well, Bristols are people from Burzle, which is on the River Avon, ding dong. Burzle has a lot of famous people who have left the area including Carey Grant who went to Hollywood in the America, but never he relaxed he just got very famous and never once sucked or chewed it. Giraffe man Stephen Merchant is from Burzle. Funny walking John Cleese is as well. As is Russell Howard who is rubbish. Massive Attack, the well known group of men are also from Bristols but there’s many other bands to choose from, like The Wurzels and Iron Maiden ( the tribute) Then there’s ruffian Banksy who ruins perfectly good surfaces with paint. He probably gets it from that shop in Edinburgh off Graham Kane. JK Rowling who I've never heard of is from there as is the league cup sponsor Princess Caraboo (1791 - 1864) It’s a great place for a drink in a pub, they have more than five and some are near the River where people do go swimming. Some don’t ever get out, and others do, it’s very dangerous but is a great place to buy a variety of powders and ales that can make you fly. Take your trunks and your lifesaving swimming certificate if you visit Burzle. Middle class spoilt kids from Burzle on weekends only smash things up they don’t understand, because other people do as well. My favourite venue in Burzle is the Colston Hall.

Burzles from Bristols

How Bristol City lined up last game v Middlesborough
BRISTOL CITY
Bentley, Moore, Vyner, Mawson, Paterson, Hunt, Bakinson, Weimann, Rowe, Martin, Wells.

Alfie Mawson will be out on Saturday after being stretchered off on Tuesday v Middlesbrough.

Here is the Bristol Post sports writers assessment on Saturdays game.

Which player(s) do Swansea need to be wary of this weekend?

Chris Martin, who leads the league for assists this season. The Scotsman was a free transfer capture before the season and his link-up play with Nahki Wells has been impressive. He can score as well and City's front two are developing a nice partnership, with Wells often feeding off the clever knockdowns and link-up play that Martin offers.
Tommy Rowe and Jack Hunt - the two wing-backs have been two further beneficiaries of Martin's assists this season, showing that City do have goals from all over, with the former Rams striker a focal point of the City attack.

Do you think the Robins are realistic promotion contenders after their impressive start to the season?

I think they are realistic contenders for the top six. I'm not so sure about promotion, and I think the three relegated teams from the Premier League, with Brentford, look the best bets to go up for me.
City should be in the mix for the top six, and their start has added hope that they may finally make that step, after going close in the last few years.
They're aiming to match Swansea City and build on a mixture of shrewd loans, homegrown products and top talent brought in at value. And Bristol City would dearly love to slip into the top six like the Swans did last season.

ITS ALL HERE -
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/

Jay Fulton makes his first start of the season as Swansea City face Bristol City in the Championship this afternoon (3pm).

The Scottish midfielder comes into the side at the expense of Viktor Gyokeres in the sole change from the XI that started the midweek draw at Coventry.

Freddie Woodman continues in goal, with new signing Ryan Bennett again lining up alongside Marc Guehi and Ben Cabango in a three-man defence.

Connor Roberts and Jake Bidwell are the wing-backs, while Fulton joins captain Matt Grimes and ex-Robin Korey Smith in the middle of the park.

Andre Ayew and Jamal Lowe will lead the Swansea attack.

Bristol City: Daniel Bentley, Jay Dasilva, Chris Martin, Jamie Paterson, Andreas Weimann, Antoine Semenyo, Tomas Kalas (captain), Taylor Moore, Zak Vyner, Chris Brunt, Steven Sessegnon.

Substitutes: Max O'Leary, Jack Hunt, Famara Diedhiou, Callum O'Dowda, Nahki Wells, Tommy Rowe, Tyreeq Bakinson.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Viktor Gyokeres, Wayne Routledge, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Kyle Naughton.

Referee: Oliver Langford

5 changes for Bristol City.

GET AT EM JACK'S.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 14:09]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 20:56 - Oct 26 with 742 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 20:53 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Doc.
Read this carefully.

You can fook right off and take your patronising shyte with you.

As we're on first name terms, who are YOU?

Be Honest now. No lies.

I’m not on ignore anymore?

Richard, you intentionally misinterpreted my post... twice. I am telling you where you are going wrong, if you don’t like it then stop pretending to put me on ignore and actually do it. Easy.

I’m Doc.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 22:06 - Oct 27 with 691 viewsAndyCole

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 11:50 - Oct 25 by monmouth

He's a fraud. Happy to help.

Happy to help ? wtf.

Typical post from a disgruntled ol' man who has lost touch with the modern game.

Picture a doddery ol' fella in a brown mac, with a dishevelled mop of Steve Martin look-a-likey hair, muttering under his breath as he slopes off, on his own out of the Club bar :
"Steve Cooper, he's a fraud".

Couldn't make it up.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 09:13 - Oct 29 with 649 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Seems Bristol City were unlucky last night after they outplayed a Bournemouth team for most of the match last night before conceding a late winner. Perhaps our performance against Bristol was better than a few on here thought it was.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 09:46 - Oct 29 with 642 viewsFireboy2

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 09:13 - Oct 29 by felixstowe_jack

Seems Bristol City were unlucky last night after they outplayed a Bournemouth team for most of the match last night before conceding a late winner. Perhaps our performance against Bristol was better than a few on here thought it was.

If I saw it correctly last night FJ I think brizzle won the first half without scoring but bournemouth were the better side throughout the second half but with actually scoring.

I get what you mean though, if we outplayed brizzle then we can outperform bournemouth therefore we have a real good chance this season, bodes well.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 14:21 - Oct 29 with 616 viewsCatullus

Bristol City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread Cooper Pre match video on 09:13 - Oct 29 by felixstowe_jack

I thought the general concensus was that we deserved the win and were robbed by an awful refeering decision?

RE AndyCole's post, I'm not all for accusing people being out of touch because they are old though. It's just a personal opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024