Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Republic of Wales 23:01 - Oct 21 with 5065 viewsKilkennyjack

Sky weather calling it early doors ... fair play ..

Beware of the Risen People

Republic of Wales on 13:12 - Oct 24 with 780 viewsonehunglow

It doesn't work as a perjorrative calling people tory scum/chum although it imprese the clas warriors -the biggest hypocrite around ,not unlike Bevan who was not averse to the trappings of wealth himself although he did what he could to hide the fact.

Lower than vermin for me,Wilson,Callaghan ,Blair all sly ,devious ,incompetent who cost this country dear. Blair the war criminal ,a multi millionaire and his harridan judge wife who loved the spouting of Bevan but in no way felt compelled to live without the trapping of power and money. Cherie also played the class war game to perfection-a working class girl with a feckless failed actor father who ensured she never set foot in a working class environment ever again unless money was involved

Like the "great" English born welshman LLoyd George who took many thousands of money to give out peerages. A more immoral politician is hard to find but hey he spawned National Insurance.

As Boundy so rightly says ALL parties are basically the same playing with us and using us for their own power trip.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Republic of Wales on 14:25 - Oct 24 with 754 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 13:12 - Oct 24 by onehunglow

It doesn't work as a perjorrative calling people tory scum/chum although it imprese the clas warriors -the biggest hypocrite around ,not unlike Bevan who was not averse to the trappings of wealth himself although he did what he could to hide the fact.

Lower than vermin for me,Wilson,Callaghan ,Blair all sly ,devious ,incompetent who cost this country dear. Blair the war criminal ,a multi millionaire and his harridan judge wife who loved the spouting of Bevan but in no way felt compelled to live without the trapping of power and money. Cherie also played the class war game to perfection-a working class girl with a feckless failed actor father who ensured she never set foot in a working class environment ever again unless money was involved

Like the "great" English born welshman LLoyd George who took many thousands of money to give out peerages. A more immoral politician is hard to find but hey he spawned National Insurance.

As Boundy so rightly says ALL parties are basically the same playing with us and using us for their own power trip.

Wrong.

Nye was a conviction politician.
Look it up.

He wanted to change things for the better for working people - and he did.
The NHS is still the thing that the people are proudest of.

Republic of Wales on 14:27 - Oct 24 with 752 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 11:36 - Oct 24 by Catullus

Actually it's the quality of the decision that boils peoples piss.

I see you're so sure of indy that you're not willing to put your money where your mouth is.

When quoting Nye Bevan maybe you should think about what he may say about today's Labour party. There's not one of todays Labour fit to lace Bevan's shoes.

Sit down mun.

You don't tell me or anyone else how to spend our money.
Betting ? drinking ? Smoking ?

Get tae fcuk.

Republic of Wales on 14:40 - Oct 24 with 742 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 12:16 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

I think you will find 43% is 10% more than 33%.That means Labour can rule Wales with only 33% of the vote. It just show how out of touch you are with the electoral system in the UK and Wales.

40 seats in Wales were decided by FPTP labour won 27 of these 40 seats with only 36% of the vote . The other 20 seats were decided by a system of proportional votes Labour got 2 of these seats with only 30% of the vote. This resulted with labour gaining nearly 50% of the seats with only 33% of the votes. In proper proportional vote system labour would only have 20 seats in total. I wonder why Drakeford does not call for a full proportional voting system in Wales?

I will keep reminding you what democracy means. It means respecting the results of referendums, not just the one you like, respecting the wishes of the Welsh people 75% of them wish to remain in the UK. The Welsh people also voted to leave the undemocratic EU.
I doubt any of this will help to change your bigoted views but I am happy to give you benefit of my sound knowledge.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 12:17]

Sit the feck down, you don’t even live in Wales.
How come you know what the people of wales want ?
You are clearly way out of touch.

I do agree the Brexit vote should never have been allowed after the 1970s EU vote.
Good point.

I am saying Wales has got a more modern and democratic system than england.
Its not perfect but glad you agree with me.
Wales can go further - and should.
The vested interests are in Westminster.

Support for Indy Wales is at an all time high and with huge momentum.

Have a few facts to chew on ... Sept 2019, so before the uk covid disaster and the right wing Johnson regime .... So sure to be much higher now ....

‘In a scenario in which the UK has left the EU but Wales has the option to become an independent state within the EU, support for Welsh independence grew to 33%.

When people who said they didn't know how they would vote were excluded, the YouGov poll conducted between September 6 and 10 suggests that 31% of people would be certain to vote for independence in a referendum with 41% backing an independent Wales in the European Union if the rest of the UK leaves’.

41% and with momentum, we the welsh people will decide who runs wales.

Republic of Wales on 20:06 - Oct 24 with 718 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 14:40 - Oct 24 by Kilkennyjack

Sit the feck down, you don’t even live in Wales.
How come you know what the people of wales want ?
You are clearly way out of touch.

I do agree the Brexit vote should never have been allowed after the 1970s EU vote.
Good point.

I am saying Wales has got a more modern and democratic system than england.
Its not perfect but glad you agree with me.
Wales can go further - and should.
The vested interests are in Westminster.

Support for Indy Wales is at an all time high and with huge momentum.

Have a few facts to chew on ... Sept 2019, so before the uk covid disaster and the right wing Johnson regime .... So sure to be much higher now ....

‘In a scenario in which the UK has left the EU but Wales has the option to become an independent state within the EU, support for Welsh independence grew to 33%.

When people who said they didn't know how they would vote were excluded, the YouGov poll conducted between September 6 and 10 suggests that 31% of people would be certain to vote for independence in a referendum with 41% backing an independent Wales in the European Union if the rest of the UK leaves’.

41% and with momentum, we the welsh people will decide who runs wales.

Just because I am welsh and happen to live in England does not mean I do not know how badly disillusioned the people of Wales are after 20 years of labour misrule. Still no solution to the brynglas bottleneck after labour spending over £100 million. It is killing the Welsh economy west of Cardiff. Another white elephant is Cardiff airport , it is quicker for people east of Cardiff to travel to Bristol than queue for an hour to get through the tunnels. The latest improvements to the heads of the valley road is now two years late and twice the budget.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 20:09]

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Republic of Wales on 20:16 - Oct 24 with 714 viewstrampie

Republic of Wales on 20:06 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

Just because I am welsh and happen to live in England does not mean I do not know how badly disillusioned the people of Wales are after 20 years of labour misrule. Still no solution to the brynglas bottleneck after labour spending over £100 million. It is killing the Welsh economy west of Cardiff. Another white elephant is Cardiff airport , it is quicker for people east of Cardiff to travel to Bristol than queue for an hour to get through the tunnels. The latest improvements to the heads of the valley road is now two years late and twice the budget.

Did EU money built that road ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Republic of Wales on 20:23 - Oct 24 with 711 viewspencoedjack

There is no point talking about prosperity & economies to the dullard nationalists fella.

They will be back kicking a can down the street tomorrow
Republic of Wales on 20:37 - Oct 24 with 703 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 20:16 - Oct 24 by trampie

Did EU money built that road ?

No it was not EU money it was UK taxpayers money given to the EU who took a large percentage to pay the French farmers before returning a small fraction to the Wales to fund the road.

Login to get fewer ads

Republic of Wales on 21:24 - Oct 24 with 694 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 14:27 - Oct 24 by Kilkennyjack

Sit down mun.

You don't tell me or anyone else how to spend our money.
Betting ? drinking ? Smoking ?

Get tae fcuk.

No need to swear, ye of such little conviction but always so full of hot air. Who mentioned drinking or smoking?

The Welsh system provided a more unbalanced result than the UK system but you like that because it returned Labour.

Support at a record high yet still nowhere near enough, it must be a real hardship to know that.
Anyway, it's past your bedtime, goodnight wee one.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Republic of Wales on 21:37 - Oct 24 with 687 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 20:37 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

No it was not EU money it was UK taxpayers money given to the EU who took a large percentage to pay the French farmers before returning a small fraction to the Wales to fund the road.

EU granted structural funding to Wales, because Wales was so poor.

Why was Wales so poor ?

Republic of Wales on 21:47 - Oct 24 with 679 viewstrampie

Republic of Wales on 20:37 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

France was paying far far more than the UK to the EU the last lot of figures I seen.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Republic of Wales on 21:58 - Oct 24 with 678 viewsJack11

When the father of a convicted rapist preaches moralistic shite to me, I take it with a pinch of salt. Call me old fashioned.
Republic of Wales on 22:06 - Oct 24 with 668 viewspencoedjack

Republic of Wales on 21:58 - Oct 24 by Jack11

When the father of a convicted rapist preaches moralistic shite to me, I take it with a pinch of salt. Call me old fashioned.

Ouch

Harsh but true
Republic of Wales on 22:30 - Oct 24 with 657 viewsGlossolalia

Barely scraped a majority for devolution, let alone independence. Not gonna happen for a long time, if at all. Appetite not really there, is it? Even with the SNP's popularity, Scotland failed. And for an indyref to even be mooted, wouldn't Plaid need much more representation to push it through?

33% backed an independent Wales with the country remaining in the EU (link below).
Interestingly, only 51% of Plaid voters polled, answered 'yes' to the above scenario. Not exactly encouraging for a party currently holding 10 out of 60 assembly seats, and whose raison d'etre is surely independence.

OP, where is this 41% you speak of? Aside from this hypothetical scenario, no poll has concluded a 'yes' vote over 28%, and all three polls conducted this year had 'yes' at only 25-26%.

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/4lav01m6zl/PlaidC
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 23:09]
Republic of Wales on 08:21 - Oct 25 with 614 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 21:37 - Oct 24 by Kilkennyjack

EU granted structural funding to Wales, because Wales was so poor.

Why was Wales so poor ?

You have answered your own question. Because of 20 years of labour misrule. That is why Westminster subsidies Wales through the Barnet formula to give every person in Wales an extra £3,000 per year which the Welsh Assembly waste.

Republic of Wales on 08:27 - Oct 25 with 608 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 21:47 - Oct 24 by trampie

France was paying far far more than the UK to the EU the last lot of figures I seen.

Wrong again net contributors to the EU in order.

Germany
UK
France
Italy

Countries paying the most as a percentage of GDP

Germany
UK 4th
France 7th

Only 8 of the 28 countries are net contributors.

The EU also takes 75% of tariffs on any goods imported from outside the EU.

Figures from 2017 EU accounts, they have not yet managed to produce acceptable accounts for 2018 and 2019.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 8:32]

Republic of Wales on 08:30 - Oct 25 with 600 viewstrampie

Republic of Wales on 08:27 - Oct 25 by felixstowe_jack

Wrong again net contributors to the EU in order.

Germany
UK
France
Italy

Countries paying the most as a percentage of GDP

Germany
UK 4th
France 7th

Only 8 of the 28 countries are net contributors.

The EU also takes 75% of tariffs on any goods imported from outside the EU.

Figures from 2017 EU accounts, they have not yet managed to produce acceptable accounts for 2018 and 2019.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 8:32]

Let's see the links, as I seen a different list last night.

Republic of Wales on 08:39 - Oct 25 with 587 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 21:47 - Oct 24 by trampie

Undoubtedly things have changed in the last 18 months but we were paying in more (net) than France in 2018,

https://www.statista.com/chart/18794/net-contributors-to-eu-budget/

Maybe post a link to your figures so we can see?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Republic of Wales on 08:41 - Oct 25 with 586 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 08:30 - Oct 25 by trampie

Let's see the links, as I seen a different list last night.

Just google
EU who pays most in and who gets most back.
BBC reality check.

Republic of Wales on 08:54 - Oct 25 with 579 viewstrampie

Republic of Wales on 08:41 - Oct 25 by felixstowe_jack

Just google
BBC reality check.

I want to see what links you was looking at.

Republic of Wales on 08:54 - Oct 25 with 576 viewstrampie

Republic of Wales on 08:39 - Oct 25 by Catullus

Undoubtedly things have changed in the last 18 months but we were paying in more (net) than France in 2018,

https://www.statista.com/chart/18794/net-contributors-to-eu-budget/

Maybe post a link to your figures so we can see?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/316691/eu-budget-contributions-by-country/

Republic of Wales on 08:58 - Oct 25 with 570 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 08:41 - Oct 25 by felixstowe_jack

Just google
BBC reality check.

Felix, just post the links mate,

https://fullfact.org/online/eu-budget-contributions-misleading/

The Nats make claims but don't back it up with evidence, they always want us to prove things though, I'm happy to oblige.

Kilk reckons Wales has always been better off without Westminster but can't back it up with anything other than blather and dodgy twitter links.

Republic of Wales on 09:35 - Oct 25 with 561 viewsKilkennyjack

Yep it does.

Cymru has changed a lot over the last 20 years, and you are worryingly out of touch.
Maybe you know more about Spain, Belgium, or Finland ? 🤷‍♂️
You certainly have no idea about modern Wales.

PS. The pits have closed and nobody goes to chapel anymore, i know this news will come as a shock to you.

Republic of Wales on 09:41 - Oct 25 with 557 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 08:58 - Oct 25 by Catullus

Felix, just post the links mate,

https://fullfact.org/online/eu-budget-contributions-misleading/

The Nats make claims but don't back it up with evidence, they always want us to prove things though, I'm happy to oblige.

Kilk reckons Wales has always been better off without Westminster but can't back it up with anything other than blather and dodgy twitter links.

These are facts.
Why has the UK govt failed the nations and regions ?

Its because they dont care about people who dont vote Tory.

No need to thank me.

Republic of Wales on 09:42 - Oct 25 with 552 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 08:54 - Oct 25 by trampie

https://www.statista.com/statistics/316691/eu-budget-contributions-by-country/

That's not net contributions though, is it? France may put more money up front but France also gets a lot more back than the UK.
It also ignores that we have left the EU, we are no longer members.

When we were full members we paid more in net contributions than France.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024