Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Republic of Wales 23:01 - Oct 21 with 4970 viewsKilkennyjack

Sky weather calling it early doors ... fair play ..

Beware of the Risen People

Republic of Wales on 17:54 - Oct 25 with 793 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 16:27 - Oct 25 by onehunglow

Would Wales have a physical border.

Would escapers have to swim across the Dee to be free.

Johnson has confirmed, in the north of Ireland, that the borders between nations can managed by technology with no need for any return to physical infrastructure.
Thats an EU to non EU border.

Be the same for Wales/England once Wales rejoins the EU.

Johnson is probably lying but thats what he said.
Same as between London boroughs he said.

People escaping from England would - of course - be welcomed as Welsh people are generally not racist w@nkers with a mis-placed sense of national superiority. Except for Johnson, Gove and Farage - they can feck off.

Republic of Wales on 17:59 - Oct 25 with 780 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 09:57 - Oct 25 by Catullus

When I used Hywel Dda to debunk Kilkenny he told me off for using stuff from 600 (and more, I know) years ago! I pointed out to him that King Hywel actually submitted to Athelstan of England, he accepted Athelstans dominanace

Being centuries ahead of your time is only really handy if it's the present day. Wales is well behind the times now.
Part of the reason Wales couldn't stand against the English invasion was because we couldn't unite against a common enemy.

I'm not a nationalist really. It's the world I live in but I see the only way forward as being a world without countries, without nationalities, a world where colour, creed and religion don't matter. All that matters is the person you are.
So in the worldI have to live in I prefer to remain in the Union and would prefer to reverse devolution because I think it's been an expensive cock up.

Obviously keen to stay in the EU then ?

Brexit must really piiss you off..

Republic of Wales on 18:02 - Oct 25 with 780 viewsWhiterockin

Republic of Wales on 17:54 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

Johnson has confirmed, in the north of Ireland, that the borders between nations can managed by technology with no need for any return to physical infrastructure.
Thats an EU to non EU border.

Be the same for Wales/England once Wales rejoins the EU.

Johnson is probably lying but thats what he said.
Same as between London boroughs he said.

People escaping from England would - of course - be welcomed as Welsh people are generally not racist w@nkers with a mis-placed sense of national superiority. Except for Johnson, Gove and Farage - they can feck off.

What makes you think Wales would rejoin the EU when in the referendum Wales voted to leave?
Republic of Wales on 18:07 - Oct 25 with 775 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 18:02 - Oct 25 by Whiterockin

What makes you think Wales would rejoin the EU when in the referendum Wales voted to leave?

It was based on lies from the London press and the BBC.

Also the younger people are very pro EU.
Over time that matters.

Republic of Wales on 21:25 - Oct 25 with 746 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 17:59 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

Obviously keen to stay in the EU then ?

Brexit must really piiss you off..

Swearing again kiddo? And obviously talking about yourself too.

Brexit was the right choice!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Republic of Wales on 21:31 - Oct 25 with 740 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 18:07 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

It was based on lies from the London press and the BBC.

Also the younger people are very pro EU.
Over time that matters.

Again you ignore a basic truth, as we get older our politics change, some more than others. Vert few people have exactly the ame politics 20/30/40 years down the line. What a young person thinks today will be different in time depending on their experiences and situation.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Republic of Wales on 21:39 - Oct 25 with 739 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 21:25 - Oct 25 by Catullus

Swearing again kiddo? And obviously talking about yourself too.

Brexit was the right choice!

😂😂

You must be a Russian.

Even Johnson does not believe in it ...

‘In an interview with Sky News in 2013 he said: “I’d vote to stay in the single market. I’m in favour of the single market.”

The same year he also said he believed the “overwhelming majority of people” want to remain “firmly in the Single Market”.

During the 2016 referendum, Mr Johnson and other Vote Leave campaigners were hard to pin down on whether they wanted to negotiate continued membership of the single market after Britain left.

But immediately after the referendum, he said Britain would still “have access to the single market”.’
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 21:47]

Republic of Wales on 21:44 - Oct 25 with 737 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 21:31 - Oct 25 by Catullus

Again you ignore a basic truth, as we get older our politics change, some more than others. Vert few people have exactly the ame politics 20/30/40 years down the line. What a young person thinks today will be different in time depending on their experiences and situation.

We will be testing this theory soon.

Login to get fewer ads

Republic of Wales on 21:46 - Oct 25 with 735 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 21:44 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

We will be testing this theory soon.

Time will tell. I firmly doubt it but you may be right.

You insist it's less than 10 years, we'll see.

Republic of Wales on 21:51 - Oct 25 with 733 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 21:46 - Oct 25 by Catullus

Time will tell. I firmly doubt it but you may be right.

You insist it's less than 10 years, we'll see.

Timeline depends on 4 things

Welsh Parliament elections 2021
Scotlands Indy2
Irelands Border Poll
Brexit hitting Wales hard from Jan 2021

If they fall as expected, yes a vote within 10 years for sure. Earlier maybe.

Republic of Wales on 21:59 - Oct 25 with 729 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 21:51 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

Timeline depends on 4 things

Welsh Parliament elections 2021
Scotlands Indy2
Irelands Border Poll
Brexit hitting Wales hard from Jan 2021

If they fall as expected, yes a vote within 10 years for sure. Earlier maybe.

The biggest parties in Wales, Labour and the Tories are both in favour of the Union though. Drakeford has said he's not even indy curious,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-48923999

So you need Plaid to win a landslide in 2021 and that's not happening.

Republic of Wales on 10:34 - Oct 26 with 695 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 21:39 - Oct 25 by Kilkennyjack

😂😂

You must be a Russian.

Even Johnson does not believe in it ...

‘In an interview with Sky News in 2013 he said: “I’d vote to stay in the single market. I’m in favour of the single market.”

The same year he also said he believed the “overwhelming majority of people” want to remain “firmly in the Single Market”.

During the 2016 referendum, Mr Johnson and other Vote Leave campaigners were hard to pin down on whether they wanted to negotiate continued membership of the single market after Britain left.

But immediately after the referendum, he said Britain would still “have access to the single market”.’
[Post edited 25 Oct 2020 21:47]

A single market and the EU are two different thinks the UK actually joined the common market ( which was a single market.) All political parties over the years promised a referendum it the terms of our membership changed. Over the years various treaties which eroded our sovereignty were signed without any referendums. Maastricht, Lisbon, Rome, to name but three.
It is not incomparable to have a trade deal without being in the EU. The EU have signed several canada and Japan being just two.
While nearly all the leaders of the EU want a trade deal with the UK that are being obstructed by the unelected bureaucrats who run the EU.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Republic of Wales on 10:45 - Oct 26 with 691 viewsonehunglow

Why would EU accept Wales,a poor country that relies on tourism ,which is not obliterated,a country divided north and south and Welsh/non Welsh speaking worse than that in Belgium.

What has Wales to offer the EU.

What law/currency would Wales use.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Republic of Wales on 11:02 - Oct 26 with 688 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 10:45 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Why would EU accept Wales,a poor country that relies on tourism ,which is not obliterated,a country divided north and south and Welsh/non Welsh speaking worse than that in Belgium.

What has Wales to offer the EU.

What law/currency would Wales use.

It would have to use the EURO. All new countries applying to join now have to use the euro. Not sure Wales could meet the new criteria for joining. Their economies have to in good fiscal shape and not running a high deficit.

Republic of Wales on 13:46 - Oct 26 with 669 viewsonehunglow

Which is the point.felix

Republic of Wales on 13:53 - Oct 26 with 662 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 13:46 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Which is the point.felix

I totally agree the EU would never accept Wales they cant afford to bail out yet another country.

Republic of Wales on 18:32 - Oct 26 with 642 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 13:53 - Oct 26 by felixstowe_jack

I totally agree the EU would never accept Wales they cant afford to bail out yet another country.

They are struggling to manage the countries with massive debts that are current members.

Kilk always behave as if EU membership is a given when we voted to leave. He thinks young people will swing it but as they get older those young people grow up, mature and realise many things are not what they used to believe.

Of course some people never learn, which is why Corbyn got mullered. He pretended to be less left than he really was, when people realised the truth even solid Labour voters, dare I say previous sheeple, chose to vote for Bojo.

Who knows where the EU will be in 5/10/15 years, it may not even exist. Europe could be in turmoil again.

Republic of Wales on 18:38 - Oct 26 with 640 viewsonehunglow

The EU would only accept countries that could bring something to the club.All Wale would bring is a begging bowl and all because of English hatred the genesis of which is firmly rooted in pre Medieval times.

You cant sell water to the continent that easily and England would get theirs from other parts of the UK. Water network is vast

Republic of Wales on 19:13 - Oct 26 with 636 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 18:38 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

The EU would only accept countries that could bring something to the club.All Wale would bring is a begging bowl and all because of English hatred the genesis of which is firmly rooted in pre Medieval times.

You cant sell water to the continent that easily and England would get theirs from other parts of the UK. Water network is vast

We'd have plenty of chep Welsh water in Wales though Richie, we'd be drowning in it!

It could take decades for us to get near to meeting the Copenhagen criteria but the anti Union, pro indy, pro EU on here can't and/or won't see that.

AS I say though Welsh Labour and Tory are for staying in the union so who will give the indy crowd their referendum unless public opinion swings massively behind it? At 24/25% there's not enough support, it has to more than double, maybe even hit 60-65% before things change.

Republic of Wales on 19:33 - Oct 26 with 630 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Republic of Wales on 13:53 - Oct 26 by felixstowe_jack

Just imagine the fun of a hard border between England and Wales.

We’d find the answers to interesting questions like how many lorries can the Severn bridge hold?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Republic of Wales on 20:07 - Oct 26 with 626 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Republic of Wales on 18:38 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Plus Wales could not store the water anyway once the dams are full it overflows into rivers like the severn, the dee and the wye. They water companies will just pump the water out of the rivers . Wales will loose out as they won't even get the water abstraction fees the british water companies pay to Dwr Cymru.

Republic of Wales on 20:48 - Oct 26 with 618 viewsonehunglow

Felix.We're on the same hymn sheet.

Wales cannot survive on water and apart from that what respources has it to sustain an economy

Republic of Wales on 21:09 - Oct 26 with 614 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 20:48 - Oct 26 by onehunglow

Felix.We're on the same hymn sheet.

Wales cannot survive on water and apart from that what respources has it to sustain an economy

UK is Trillions in debt.

The UK cannot afford to be Indy.

Drakers already lining up the return to EU.

Easiest trade deal ever, and yes hopefully with the Euro - with a big feck off dragon on it. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Republic of Wales on 21:15 - Oct 26 with 611 viewsKilkennyjack

Republic of Wales on 21:40 - Oct 26 with 599 viewsCatullus

Republic of Wales on 21:09 - Oct 26 by Kilkennyjack

UK is Trillions in debt.

The UK cannot afford to be Indy.

Drakers already lining up the return to EU.

Easiest trade deal ever, and yes hopefully with the Euro - with a big feck off dragon on it. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺

Drakers hasn't got the power OR the mandate to talk about joining the EU. He wants to stay in the Uk too but you ignore that small fact.

Assume Wales goes indy, by the time it happens Drakers won't be in charge. He possibly won't be in charge in 12 months time.

Doesn't the Welsh share of UK dbt scare you? How would we pay it back? In bottles of water maybe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024