Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transport for Wales 08:30 - Oct 22 with 1914 viewsbritferry

Going to be re-nationalised? Will be great news for Cardiff
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 8:30]

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Transport for Wales on 09:31 - Oct 22 with 783 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It is amazing a small town like Barry has three stations, Barry, Barry Docks and Barry Island while Wales' second largest city has one main station plus llansamlet and Gowerton which is in the county of Swansea rather than inside the old city boundary. Meanwhile old stations like Cockett and Landdore have not reopened. Major suburbs like Morriston have no station. It really is time for transport for Wales was renamed transport for Cardiff.

The main mid Wales line has still not reopened after the rail derailment months ago. Another failure of the Welsh Assembly who should be pushing for a national rail network in Wales

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Transport for Wales on 09:40 - Oct 22 with 783 viewscontroversial_jack

Transport for Wales on 09:31 - Oct 22 by felixstowe_jack

It is amazing a small town like Barry has three stations, Barry, Barry Docks and Barry Island while Wales' second largest city has one main station plus llansamlet and Gowerton which is in the county of Swansea rather than inside the old city boundary. Meanwhile old stations like Cockett and Landdore have not reopened. Major suburbs like Morriston have no station. It really is time for transport for Wales was renamed transport for Cardiff.

The main mid Wales line has still not reopened after the rail derailment months ago. Another failure of the Welsh Assembly who should be pushing for a national rail network in Wales

We have a rail service that stops at all the towns and villages between Cardiff and Swansea, but not many use it
Transport for Wales on 10:02 - Oct 22 with 769 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Transport for Wales on 09:40 - Oct 22 by controversial_jack

We have a rail service that stops at all the towns and villages between Cardiff and Swansea, but not many use it

I would hardly call it a service if they only stop every two hours at Llansamlet, Skewen, Briton ferry, Baglan and Pyle. From Bridgend to stations to Cardiff they stop every 15 minutes during the day.

How can anyone use a two hour service if they need to to travel to work or even just want to pop into shops in Swansea Nearh and Port Talbot. No wonder they use cars or buses.

Just look at the increase in passenger numbers using Gowerton once they restored the second platform and introduced regular services. It has increased by 2100%.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Transport for Wales on 10:07 - Oct 22 with 774 viewsonehunglow

Transport on the Swansea area was a big issue in the 60s. Plenty of queues then when much less traffic around.

Lots of sizeable towns have lost trams/trains/stations but have adapated.Not sure Swansea has .

Swansea is not in any way any a small town.It is a sizeable connurbation that sprawls for miles yet ,to me,the transport system is very inadequate.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Transport for Wales on 10:12 - Oct 22 with 770 viewsexhmrc1

Transport for Wales on 10:07 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Transport on the Swansea area was a big issue in the 60s. Plenty of queues then when much less traffic around.

Lots of sizeable towns have lost trams/trains/stations but have adapated.Not sure Swansea has .

Swansea is not in any way any a small town.It is a sizeable connurbation that sprawls for miles yet ,to me,the transport system is very inadequate.

Transport certainly isnt good in Swansea especially when compared to bigger cities like Birmingham. However the nearer to te city centre the better it gets. The Morriston and Killay routes have pretty good services. Once you pass Killay or Morriston it gets worse. Once you pass Pontardawe the service becomes very poor and from Three Crosses close to almost non existant but then very few use buses in those areas.
Transport for Wales on 10:23 - Oct 22 with 766 viewsonehunglow

Used to live in Killay and yeah buses were ok into the Centre but not sure if Killay to Morriston so good or Three Crosses to Bonymaen .

Swansea geographical position doesnt help but Ive always though a regular train service into Swansea from the surrounding valleys was crucial . I do remember well the Cockett line. Happy days.

For us here, we are pretty well served. Buses to Liverpool every 30 mins and trains every 10 mins at peak times and even a Ferry -still. I rarely use public transport but its pretty comprehensive. Apart from the east side,we are a rural peninsular with some isolated hamlets and village but none are that far away from the bus network.

Anyway

Transport for Wales on 11:05 - Oct 22 with 758 viewsBoundy

Transport for Wales on 09:40 - Oct 22 by controversial_jack

People don't use a system that doesn't exist for the times they need it

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Transport for Wales on 12:56 - Oct 22 with 715 viewsexhmrc1

Transport for Wales on 10:23 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Used to live in Killay and yeah buses were ok into the Centre but not sure if Killay to Morriston so good or Three Crosses to Bonymaen .

Swansea geographical position doesnt help but Ive always though a regular train service into Swansea from the surrounding valleys was crucial . I do remember well the Cockett line. Happy days.

For us here, we are pretty well served. Buses to Liverpool every 30 mins and trains every 10 mins at peak times and even a Ferry -still. I rarely use public transport but its pretty comprehensive. Apart from the east side,we are a rural peninsular with some isolated hamlets and village but none are that far away from the bus network.

Anyway

There are no buses from Killay to Morriston. They run every 15 minutes to Swansea and you change in the Quadrant. There is a bus from Morriston Hospital to Singleton Hospital through the city centre and that is about every 10 minutes term term 15 on weekends and holidays. There are regular buses coming in along Carmathen Road, Middle Road, Pentregethin Road from Bonymaen and Oytermouth Road and Fabian Way. Most main routes have 15 minute services. Three Crosses the service is absolutely dreadful and Gower not much better. Some of the places off the main routes like Graig Cefn Parc and parts of the upper Swansea and Amman Valleys have very poor services.

There is also the problem that the last buses in some areas are as early as 6pm.
Login to get fewer ads

Transport for Wales on 13:04 - Oct 22 with 709 viewsonehunglow

Which was my point.Imagine travelling from Killay to Craig cefn Parc.

Used to tickle me why so few buses to Rhosili ,when is was a kid.Living in Gower is lovely no doubt but not if you have to rely on public tranport.

Used to have good chums in Llanrhidian. Lovely place but end of the world or so it felt.

Transport for Wales on 15:13 - Oct 22 with 679 viewsBoundy

Transport for Wales on 13:04 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Used to tickle me why so few buses to Rhosili ,when is was a kid.Living in Gower is lovely no doubt but not if you have to rely on public tranport.

Used to have good chums in Llanrhidian. Lovely place but end of the world or so it felt.

Its feels like the end of the world , to some , because thats how locals wish it to stay

Transport for Wales on 15:43 - Oct 22 with 664 viewsonehunglow

LOL.

I used to love going to Fall Bay and walking and swimming around the place but living there?.Either lonesome and coating in cloud and rain or filled with d1ickwad visitors shytiing up the place and having their livestock harrassed by their family dogs.
un a son gout
Seaside villages nice to visit but,for me,never to live but chaq 'un a son gout.Innit

Transport for Wales on 15:50 - Oct 22 with 660 viewsBoundy

Transport for Wales on 15:43 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

LOL.

I used to love going to Fall Bay and walking and swimming around the place but living there?.Either lonesome and coating in cloud and rain or filled with d1ickwad visitors shytiing up the place and having their livestock harrassed by their family dogs.
un a son gout
Seaside villages nice to visit but,for me,never to live but chaq 'un a son gout.Innit

each to their own , I suppose thats what makes life interesting

Transport for Wales on 16:11 - Oct 22 with 653 viewsWhiterockin

When KeolisAmey took over Travel for Wales these were the promises.

£194m will be spent on station improvements, including the building of five new stations and the modernisation of all 247 already existing stations on the network;
£800m will be spent replacing trains. From 2023, 95% of journeys will be made on new trains, half of which (50%) will be assembled in Wales;
by December 2023 KeolisAmey will be running an extra 285 services every weekday across Wales, with improvements on the Ebbw Vale line, North Wales Metro (Wrexham-Bidston), Cambrian and Heart of Wales lines;
there will be an extra 294 services across Wales on Sundays, an increase of 61%, creating a true 7-day service for the first time;
there will be investment in new technology to reduce disruption and enhance performance;
a new website and app will be created in the first year;
investment will be made to improve on-board mobile phone connectivity.
Six hundred new jobs will be created to deliver the contract, and 30 new apprenticeships will be created every year.

I know we have major problems at the moment but I wonder how many of these promises will be upheld by the Welsh Government.
Transport for Wales on 16:22 - Oct 22 with 645 viewsBoundy

Transport for Wales on 16:11 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

£194m will be spent on station improvements, including the building of five new stations and the modernisation of all 247 already existing stations on the network;
£800m will be spent replacing trains. From 2023, 95% of journeys will be made on new trains, half of which (50%) will be assembled in Wales;
by December 2023 KeolisAmey will be running an extra 285 services every weekday across Wales, with improvements on the Ebbw Vale line, North Wales Metro (Wrexham-Bidston), Cambrian and Heart of Wales lines;
there will be an extra 294 services across Wales on Sundays, an increase of 61%, creating a true 7-day service for the first time;
there will be investment in new technology to reduce disruption and enhance performance;
Six hundred new jobs will be created to deliver the contract, and 30 new apprenticeships will be created every year.

I know we have major problems at the moment but I wonder how many of these promises will be upheld by the Welsh Government.

Transport for Wales on 17:30 - Oct 22 with 630 viewsCatullus

Transport for Wales on 13:04 - Oct 22 by onehunglow

Try getting to Morriston hospital from Trallwn/Bonymaen for work. It's roughly 15 minutes by car but you need to switch buses, walk a bit, wait a bit for the second bus and all in it' over 1hr 30 mins. Then, you can't get a bus to get you there on time, it's either 45 mins early or 30 mins late. Same for going home. No wonder people us cars.

Bring back the Mumbles train and extend it up through to Morriston hospital, put a station back at Velindre and re-open the spur lines....it all gets complicated, but it all needs improving.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Transport for Wales on 17:45 - Oct 22 with 626 viewsonehunglow

Think I'll stay pit ,taxy.

I like it here

Transport for Wales on 20:52 - Oct 22 with 592 viewsJack11

Surely the WAG needs to look at the eye watering salaries Bob Crow bullied his way to getting for his members. I mean, if the government is now picking up the tab, 50 grand for a train driver needs to be re-evaluated. I think even the conductors are on circa 35 grand, which is bloody nice work if you can get it!
Transport for Wales on 21:37 - Oct 22 with 558 viewsCatullus

Transport for Wales on 20:52 - Oct 22 by Jack11

Surely the WAG needs to look at the eye watering salaries Bob Crow bullied his way to getting for his members. I mean, if the government is now picking up the tab, 50 grand for a train driver needs to be re-evaluated. I think even the conductors are on circa 35 grand, which is bloody nice work if you can get it!

I had the opportunity once. My wife is epileptic though and didn't want me on a train heading away from Swansea. The way the trains are now those jobs are probably at risk too.

I agree with the others who reckon this nationalisation will be great for South East Wales but dismal for the rest of us.

The head of TfW was interviewed earlier, he said a plus point of this was that the profits would now be coming back to the public purse instead of into corporate hands. If there is so much easy profit in it, why was it franchised off? I think a few people will have some obvious reasons, the same reasons gas, electric, water, Royal mail etc were privatised. Easy money for the governments rich friends.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Transport for Wales on 21:50 - Oct 22 with 549 viewsDr_Winston

Transport for Wales on 16:11 - Oct 22 by Whiterockin

It's probably fairly safe to assume that the projects in locations with a CF postcode will be OK.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Transport for Wales on 22:31 - Oct 22 with 525 viewsAndy1300

Transport for Wales on 09:31 - Oct 22 by felixstowe_jack

As you say, all these places hold no significance for the Cardiff bay jokers

Number 1 team in Wales

Transport for Wales on 22:31 - Oct 22 with 525 viewsKilkennyjack

Transport for Wales on 20:52 - Oct 22 by Jack11

No such thing as WAG.

No need to thank me.

Beware of the Risen People

Transport for Wales on 22:33 - Oct 22 with 523 viewsKilkennyjack

Just great news.

Transport for Wales on 22:52 - Oct 22 with 512 viewsAndy1300

Transport for Wales on 22:31 - Oct 22 by Kilkennyjack

No such thing as WAG.

No need to thank me.

It will always be called the WAG.

No need to thank me.

Number 1 team in Wales

Transport for Wales on 23:07 - Oct 22 with 506 viewsJack_Meoff

Transport for Wales on 21:37 - Oct 22 by Catullus

I had the opportunity once. My wife is epileptic though and didn't want me on a train heading away from Swansea. The way the trains are now those jobs are probably at risk too.

I agree with the others who reckon this nationalisation will be great for South East Wales but dismal for the rest of us.

The head of TfW was interviewed earlier, he said a plus point of this was that the profits would now be coming back to the public purse instead of into corporate hands. If there is so much easy profit in it, why was it franchised off? I think a few people will have some obvious reasons, the same reasons gas, electric, water, Royal mail etc were privatised. Easy money for the governments rich friends.

You answered your own question pal. The whole raison d'être of government is to siphon public money into private hands. The theft during this pandemic has been almost Biblical.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Transport for Wales on 06:50 - Oct 23 with 472 viewsKilkennyjack

Transport for Wales on 22:52 - Oct 22 by Andy1300

It will always be called the WAG.

No need to thank me.

You will always be wrong then. 🤡

Try Welsh Parliament/Senedd Cymru and Welsh Government. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024