Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. 23:33 - Oct 22 with 19909 viewsHighjack

Dr Drakeford and his cronies have really set the bar high on the incompetence stakes on this one.

They have announced tonight that retailers will only be allowed to sell “essential goods” during the 17 day lockdown but they are unable to say what counts as essential or non essential. At the time of writing this there is just over 18 hours to go until these rules come into force. The predictable result is that the entire population of Wales will rush out in the short time that is left and ravage the shelves of anything and everything that could potentially count as non essential. Meanwhile retailers are completely in the dark with just a few hours to go they are blissfully unaware of what they will or won’t be allowed to sell or whether they’ll be allowed to stay open at all.

Absolute idiocy from dippy Drakeford and this cabal of insidiously irrational imbeciles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54648194

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:20 - Oct 26 with 841 viewspencoedjack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 14:07 - Oct 26 by controversial_jack

We will be in this lockdown longer then. No pubs, restaurants, gyms.

With the amount of Welsh rugby internationals being played in November it would a monumental mistake by the government to allow pubs to open when Wales play.

I imagine they will.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 18:26 - Oct 26 with 785 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:48 - Oct 26 by Joe_bradshaw

One of the problems is that no one will know on November 9th whether it was a success or a failure. If figures eventually show it to have been a success they will have stopped it too early and we will get longer lockdowns in future. If figures eventually show it to have been a failure it will have put another nail in the economy for nothing.

Like others, I expect a Christmas relaxation of restrictions so that families can get together (otherwise there will be massive unrest) followed by another lockdown.

I thoughtthe figures showed it was spreading most commonly in households, where families and friends had come together? In which case having a lockdown now but allowing a free for all at Christmas would be a disaster.

This lockdown should have been less strict but longer. If 2 weeks has a positive effect then why not make it longer? Except with allowing places where the virus hasn't been spreading so much to stay open and financially helping those businesses that had to shut.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 18:29 - Oct 26 with 781 viewsshingle

Meanwhile in Sweden.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 18:54 - Oct 26 with 773 viewsonehunglow

They will be going about their business in a non class war manner with people not being refered to a "working" "middle" or "upper" class and wont be heading to the pub to get hammered and vomit over their chum.

If you're civilised then you don't need to be told what's best to do.

Meanwhile here,people are telling us NOT to wear masks a it's no ue even thoigh deaths are astonomoical but it' a scam ,a control on u.

Yep,we're fecked alright

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:09 - Oct 26 with 742 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:44 - Oct 26 by pikeypaul

Just driven along Mumbles Rd to pick up a prescription for a housebound neighbour and the Promenade is busier than a sunny August bank holiday with probably 1 in 10 masked up.Mostly 30 somethings you know the ones ,the ones that know better than the rest and Covid is not an issue as long as they get paid not to work and it continues to be the older people who die they are happy.

Obviously the people correctly or incorrectly have decided to ignore this lockdown and the advice and precautions to take.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 12:46]

"Mostly 30 somethings you know the ones ,the ones that know better than the rest"

F*cking hell, was there a Swansea Independent Forum day trip down there?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:17 - Oct 26 with 732 viewsA_Fans_Dad

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:36 - Oct 26 by pikeypaul

20% mortality rate? I think you are a little mixed up .

I do agree that comparing last Mays infection rates to today’s is like comparing apples and Oranges.

The vast majority who test positive now are young with hardly any symptoms a lot of the same demographic in May would have had it but not known.

OUT

AFLI

Why don't you look at the worldometer site at the UK for the peak period from April 10th to April 21st.
The cases were running at just under 5000/day and for the same period deaths were around 1000/day.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:21 - Oct 26 with 729 viewsHighjack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:09 - Oct 26 by Neath_Jack

"Mostly 30 somethings you know the ones ,the ones that know better than the rest"

F*cking hell, was there a Swansea Independent Forum day trip down there?

Oh yeah we forgot to invite you.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:25 - Oct 26 with 727 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:21 - Oct 26 by Highjack

Oh yeah we forgot to invite you.

Gutted.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:29 - Oct 26 with 722 viewsDr_Winston

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:17 - Oct 26 by A_Fans_Dad

Why don't you look at the worldometer site at the UK for the peak period from April 10th to April 21st.
The cases were running at just under 5000/day and for the same period deaths were around 1000/day.

It's widely believed that the true case count in April was way above the official figures. 100,000 a day in some estimates. The capacity did not exist to test as many as needed.

Even the worst estimates that I've seen give a general CFR of around 1%. Most are significantly lower than that, and certainly will be now given that most cases are occurring in the least at risk demographics.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 20:30]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:55 - Oct 26 with 708 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This is not unexpected.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200825/sweden-raises-alarm-after-3700-people-test-fals
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:58 - Oct 26 with 706 viewsA_Fans_Dad

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:29 - Oct 26 by Dr_Winston

It's widely believed that the true case count in April was way above the official figures. 100,000 a day in some estimates. The capacity did not exist to test as many as needed.

Even the worst estimates that I've seen give a general CFR of around 1%. Most are significantly lower than that, and certainly will be now given that most cases are occurring in the least at risk demographics.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2020 20:30]

I am not disagreeing.
All I am pointing out is that they are reacting to far a lower mortality rate in the same way that they reacted to a much higher one.
In fact it took them months to get to the point that they are now at in terms of lockdowns.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 21:24 - Oct 26 with 692 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:58 - Oct 26 by A_Fans_Dad

I am not disagreeing.
All I am pointing out is that they are reacting to far a lower mortality rate in the same way that they reacted to a much higher one.
In fact it took them months to get to the point that they are now at in terms of lockdowns.

Yes and using the higher positive test results ( a lot will be false positives) to scare people.

This all stinks and people will be held to account in the near future.

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 21:26 - Oct 26 with 690 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:55 - Oct 26 by A_Fans_Dad

This is not unexpected.

https://www.thelocal.se/20200825/sweden-raises-alarm-after-3700-people-test-fals

Someone will be along shortly to say it’s a load of old tosh.

False positives are a myth!

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 21:46 - Oct 26 with 675 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 20:55 - Oct 26 by A_Fans_Dad

This is not unexpected.

I read the link, well as far as when it said those kits came from China! So a virus comes out of China causing a pandemic and now they ae shipping dodgy test kits?

It's a conspiracy theorists wet dream!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 21:53 - Oct 26 with 664 viewsA_Fans_Dad

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 21:46 - Oct 26 by Catullus

I read the link, well as far as when it said those kits came from China! So a virus comes out of China causing a pandemic and now they ae shipping dodgy test kits?

It's a conspiracy theorists wet dream!

Most of the stuff that came out of China to help the west fight COVID was rubbish.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:08 - Oct 26 with 657 viewscontroversial_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 18:29 - Oct 26 by shingle

Meanwhile in Sweden.

Sweden has the highest mortality rates of any comparable Scandinavian country by a long way. They decimated their elderly population, are nowhere near herd immunity and their economy hasn't done particularly well. Cases are currently shooting up there too.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:12 - Oct 26 with 654 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:08 - Oct 26 by controversial_jack

Sweden has the highest mortality rates of any comparable Scandinavian country by a long way. They decimated their elderly population, are nowhere near herd immunity and their economy hasn't done particularly well. Cases are currently shooting up there too.

Is there actually any herd immunity? People have been reinfected. What if we end up having to accept living with this virus?

It's a nasty thought which begs a nasty question, how long can or will the world put up with living with all these restrictions?
At some point will people say enough, let us live our lives and take our chances? Some already are but what if the vast majority said that?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:57 - Oct 26 with 637 viewsbuilthjack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:12 - Oct 26 by Catullus

Is there actually any herd immunity? People have been reinfected. What if we end up having to accept living with this virus?

It's a nasty thought which begs a nasty question, how long can or will the world put up with living with all these restrictions?
At some point will people say enough, let us live our lives and take our chances? Some already are but what if the vast majority said that?

If that happens i will take up coffin making. Rich in no time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 08:51 - Oct 27 with 601 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:57 - Oct 26 by builthjack

Maybe you need to start learning,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54696873

Antibodies drop, we become susceptible again. This virus may always be with us.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 09:34 - Oct 27 with 596 viewsfelixstowe_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 08:51 - Oct 27 by Catullus

Maybe you need to start learning,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54696873

Antibodies drop, we become susceptible again. This virus may always be with us.

Only hope for normality is a working vaccine, which may need to be on a yearly basis. Even then will only be partially successful and we will have to live with coronavirus deaths every year much as we do with flu.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 09:45 - Oct 27 with 588 viewsonehunglow

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 09:34 - Oct 27 by felixstowe_jack

Only hope for normality is a working vaccine, which may need to be on a yearly basis. Even then will only be partially successful and we will have to live with coronavirus deaths every year much as we do with flu.

Yet any vaccine is seen as a controlling influence on us ,by some. These people need locking up in an asylum-in an ideal world. They are encouraging mass deaths

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 09:54 - Oct 27 with 581 viewsfelixstowe_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 09:45 - Oct 27 by onehunglow

Yet any vaccine is seen as a controlling influence on us ,by some. These people need locking up in an asylum-in an ideal world. They are encouraging mass deaths

Hopefully most countries will insist on proof of vaccination before they allow visitors and tourist to enter their country.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:29 - Oct 27 with 571 viewsonehunglow

I cannot believe what I read.People saying they wont have the vaccine. The world is on hold effectively.

We cannot control this killer virus,but if we come up with a vaccine that might protect us then we won't be having that as it is another example of companies and governments trying to control us all.

Millions have died ,many more will die,we find a vaccine and refuse it.

Mankind is inane .Clearly

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:39 - Oct 27 with 569 viewsCatullus

Towards the beginning of this I suggested maybe Mother nature had decided there were too many humans so was finding a way to thin us out. It doesn't sound quite so crazy now.

A virus that we can catch again and again with a 5-10 timeshigher mortality rate than flu. A virus that particularly kills the much older and those with underlying health conditions, a virus that may prove hard to get a vaccine for but when it does come will possibly need to be annual.

How will the government react if this is the case; if covid is here to stay do they keep restrictions going or do they just spend more on the NHS? More beds, more staff. Or do we just accept higher annual death tolls?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:43 - Oct 27 with 568 viewsBoundy

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 22:57 - Oct 26 by builthjack

That particular skill has always been and will be in demand . Well until we wipe ourselves out

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024