Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. 23:33 - Oct 22 with 19921 viewsHighjack

Dr Drakeford and his cronies have really set the bar high on the incompetence stakes on this one.

They have announced tonight that retailers will only be allowed to sell “essential goods” during the 17 day lockdown but they are unable to say what counts as essential or non essential. At the time of writing this there is just over 18 hours to go until these rules come into force. The predictable result is that the entire population of Wales will rush out in the short time that is left and ravage the shelves of anything and everything that could potentially count as non essential. Meanwhile retailers are completely in the dark with just a few hours to go they are blissfully unaware of what they will or won’t be allowed to sell or whether they’ll be allowed to stay open at all.

Absolute idiocy from dippy Drakeford and this cabal of insidiously irrational imbeciles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54648194

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 01:42 - Oct 24 with 833 viewsCountyJim

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 21:07 - Oct 23 by Dr_Winston

Congratulations to the Welsh Government for making the purchase of birthday cards illegal. That'll show Covid who's boss.

Fake news as of 9 o'clock last night i could buy a card in my local spar

Keep trying
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 03:38 - Oct 24 with 815 viewsBarrySwan

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 01:42 - Oct 24 by CountyJim

Keep trying

Really?

Asda's round our way have taped off the card section. Just because you've found a local shop as confused as the rest of the retail sector in regards to the mad edicts from the morons of Welsh Labour doesn't justify you claiming fake news about something that clearly isn't.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 07:42 - Oct 24 with 792 viewspencoedjack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 01:42 - Oct 24 by CountyJim

Keep trying

What Drakefords we are all in this together (unless you are a civil servant) is bollocks like the majority of people know?
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:06 - Oct 24 with 758 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Drakeford declares a kettle is not essential. If yours breaks down in the next two weeks you will have to boil water in a saucepan and pour it into your cup just be careful.
I guess Drakeford has staff to make his cuppa.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:11 - Oct 24 with 756 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:06 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

Drakeford declares a kettle is not essential. If yours breaks down in the next two weeks you will have to boil water in a saucepan and pour it into your cup just be careful.
I guess Drakeford has staff to make his cuppa.

Or you can order one online for next day delivery?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:18 - Oct 24 with 753 viewsfelixstowe_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:11 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

How is being fair to the local business as Drakeford declared?
Guess the amazon workers will risk catching the virus and so will their delivery drivers. I guess the police will happy allow lorries to deliver the good from the wharehouse in the tier 3 areas in England but somebody can pop onto a local shop in the areas in Wales with very low infection rates.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:24 - Oct 24 with 744 viewscontroversial_jack

Why would anyone want to buy new clothes during the next 2 weeks, we can't go anywhere, and as for birthday cards, we had warning this was coming

Sorry for the inconvenience people, but we will save lives this way.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:25 - Oct 24 with 744 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:18 - Oct 24 by felixstowe_jack

How is being fair to the local business as Drakeford declared?
Guess the amazon workers will risk catching the virus and so will their delivery drivers. I guess the police will happy allow lorries to deliver the good from the wharehouse in the tier 3 areas in England but somebody can pop onto a local shop in the areas in Wales with very low infection rates.

Surely you can understand his thinking? Is it correct, I'm not so sure but there you go.

You guess correctly.

Same as I go to work everyday, throughout South Wales, South West England, and up to Thames. No different to those you just named.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:27 - Oct 24 with 740 viewsBoundy

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/mark-drakeford-has-declared-war-on-the-econo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:34 - Oct 24 with 730 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:24 - Oct 24 by controversial_jack

Why would anyone want to buy new clothes during the next 2 weeks, we can't go anywhere, and as for birthday cards, we had warning this was coming

What a load of tosh.

How is taping off sections of a shop going to save lives?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 12:13]

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:04 - Oct 24 with 697 viewsA_Fans_Dad

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:11 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

Yes, let's all drive our local shops in to liquidation and put all their employees on the dole.
That will teach COVID not to mess with Wales.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:05 - Oct 24 with 696 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:24 - Oct 24 by controversial_jack

The thing is, they gave 24 hours notice that supermarkets could not sell items which "could" be deemed as non-essential. If they had given people a bit of notice, it wouldn't have gone down as badly.

Most reasonable people can, and will just get on with it for 17 days. There are others that will kick up a right old palaver, especially on social media.

Things like "what if I've only got one pair of socks and they rip / tear / hole appears". Let's be honest, that is nonsense just to be outraged.

I'm not sure i agree with what they have done, but I can understand why they are doing it.

I wonder what B&M is like today, from what i recall, they only have one aisle of food, the rest is toys etc.

The lady who served me this morning in a well known supermarket, said they had been told by their manager to use discretion if someone tries to buy something deemed non essential.

Just wait until we have another one of these in the New Year...

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:06 - Oct 24 with 695 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:04 - Oct 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Yes, let's all drive our local shops in to liquidation and put all their employees on the dole.

You don't buy online? That's very noble of you squire.

Other than food shopping, which i do at a supermarket, not a local independent shop, nearly everything else comes from online.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:07 - Oct 24 with 694 viewsA_Fans_Dad

After working out how to safely work Libraries have also closed again.
Why bother to do all the work to make places safer at great financial cost and then close them anyway.

Plot Lost They Have skywalker.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:18 - Oct 24 with 686 viewsBoundy

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:07 - Oct 24 by A_Fans_Dad

After working out how to safely work Libraries have also closed again.
Why bother to do all the work to make places safer at great financial cost and then close them anyway.

Plot Lost They Have skywalker.

I agree , all that money spent on providing screens , hand sanitisers ,paper towels and the like + additional staff to monitor the customers entering and leaving . Sign companies must have made a fortune printing out signage for the floors etc and perspex has never been in such demand , exactly for what ? just to see all their efforts ignored .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:21 - Oct 24 with 683 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:18 - Oct 24 by Boundy

I agree , all that money spent on providing screens , hand sanitisers ,paper towels and the like + additional staff to monitor the customers entering and leaving . Sign companies must have made a fortune printing out signage for the floors etc and perspex has never been in such demand , exactly for what ? just to see all their efforts ignored .

Because after these 17 days, the screens, signs, hand sanitisers etc, are still going to be required for a long time yet.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:26 - Oct 24 with 681 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:05 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

The thing is, they gave 24 hours notice that supermarkets could not sell items which "could" be deemed as non-essential. If they had given people a bit of notice, it wouldn't have gone down as badly.

Most reasonable people can, and will just get on with it for 17 days. There are others that will kick up a right old palaver, especially on social media.

Things like "what if I've only got one pair of socks and they rip / tear / hole appears". Let's be honest, that is nonsense just to be outraged.

I'm not sure i agree with what they have done, but I can understand why they are doing it.

I wonder what B&M is like today, from what i recall, they only have one aisle of food, the rest is toys etc.

The lady who served me this morning in a well known supermarket, said they had been told by their manager to use discretion if someone tries to buy something deemed non essential.

Your last line is the point. WIll this firebreak work? I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it because it's not long enough. I think it might cause a temporary stutter in the rise of cases but then things will go back to where they were.

Always remembering that I'm not an expert, it's just an opinion but I still believe we need a longer lockdown with rules somewhere in between what was normality and the lockdowns. Even then the punishments for rule breaking need increasing so shops and customers fall into line.

Macron has said he thinks this virus will be around until next summer, I suppose that's his scientific advice talking. If that's right then surely we need a long term plan and not just a sticking plaster, knee jerk reaction.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:31 - Oct 24 with 667 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:26 - Oct 24 by Catullus

Your last line is the point. WIll this firebreak work? I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it because it's not long enough. I think it might cause a temporary stutter in the rise of cases but then things will go back to where they were.

Always remembering that I'm not an expert, it's just an opinion but I still believe we need a longer lockdown with rules somewhere in between what was normality and the lockdowns. Even then the punishments for rule breaking need increasing so shops and customers fall into line.

Macron has said he thinks this virus will be around until next summer, I suppose that's his scientific advice talking. If that's right then surely we need a long term plan and not just a sticking plaster, knee jerk reaction.

Depends what you deem "work", no doubt it will be different to health care professionals, who will have a different opinion to economists.

I've been in meetings the past 10 days in regards to new wards being created in hospitals, and the consultants have all said the same thing, that the way things are going they are going to run out of critical care beds around December, if we don't get hold of it.

Is it better to have another long lock down, or to have several short sharp ones? I've no idea, and I don't think anyone in the world know either.

Don't forget, they are trying to balance the risk, health and economy.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:46 - Oct 24 with 657 viewsKilkennyjack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:04 - Oct 24 by A_Fans_Dad

Lets all ignore the virus and carry on instead ...

Certain deaths, broken hospitals, and inevitable future lockdowns sounds hugely appealing.
Where do we sign up ....?

Beware of the Risen People

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:55 - Oct 24 with 651 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:31 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

Depends what you deem "work", no doubt it will be different to health care professionals, who will have a different opinion to economists.

I've been in meetings the past 10 days in regards to new wards being created in hospitals, and the consultants have all said the same thing, that the way things are going they are going to run out of critical care beds around December, if we don't get hold of it.

Is it better to have another long lock down, or to have several short sharp ones? I've no idea, and I don't think anyone in the world know either.

And that balance is incredibly hard but we have been told that destroying the economy will also affect health and our ability to pay for the healthcare we so badly need.

Part of the problem is when experts disagree. How do we know who is right? When we have all the UK governments doing different things, which experts have advised them and why do those experts all think differently?

The long lockdown worked, we are told. Nobody wants another 6/7 month full lockdown but I certainly believe a 2 week "firebreak" isn't enough. Vallance said on the news that these lockdowns will be a feature for some time. Rolling lockdowns I think he called them. I watched the news, heard what the PM's experts said and I think we need a longer partial lockdown but where the rules are enforced and punishments are higher to try and encourage compliance.

Obviously I hope the firebreak works and I am wildly wrong, which lets face it is entirely probable.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:12 - Oct 24 with 642 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:05 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

In Asda this morning there was a covid marshal making it known why he was there, idiot!

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:15 - Oct 24 with 637 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:21 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

Because after these 17 days, the screens, signs, hand sanitisers etc, are still going to be required for a long time yet.

So if they have any effect, why close the shops etc?

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:17 - Oct 24 with 633 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:31 - Oct 24 by Neath_Jack

We usually run out of critical care beds in the winter, that’s why you saw stories of people on trollies in corridors

But hey, it’s all because of covid!

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:18 - Oct 24 with 631 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:46 - Oct 24 by Kilkennyjack

Lets all ignore the virus and carry on instead ...

Certain deaths, broken hospitals, and inevitable future lockdowns sounds hugely appealing.
Where do we sign up ....?

Exactly right, let’s carry on as normal and shield the vulnerable

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:20 - Oct 24 with 626 viewscontroversial_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:34 - Oct 24 by Andy1300

What a load of tosh.

How is taping off sections of a shop going to save lives?
[Post edited 24 Oct 2020 12:13]

It prevents people browsing and lingering when they should just be in,m get the food and leave.

It prevents contact among people. It's quite simple erally
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024