Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. 23:33 - Oct 22 with 19844 viewsHighjack

Dr Drakeford and his cronies have really set the bar high on the incompetence stakes on this one.

They have announced tonight that retailers will only be allowed to sell “essential goods” during the 17 day lockdown but they are unable to say what counts as essential or non essential. At the time of writing this there is just over 18 hours to go until these rules come into force. The predictable result is that the entire population of Wales will rush out in the short time that is left and ravage the shelves of anything and everything that could potentially count as non essential. Meanwhile retailers are completely in the dark with just a few hours to go they are blissfully unaware of what they will or won’t be allowed to sell or whether they’ll be allowed to stay open at all.

Absolute idiocy from dippy Drakeford and this cabal of insidiously irrational imbeciles.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-54648194

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 00:06 - Oct 25 with 812 viewsBillyChong

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:48 - Oct 24 by Jack123

Not the point.. How many more liberties are we going to give away,? We will be saying the same thing this time next year..

Hopefully not if we are out of a pandemic by then. The Daily Mail/English residents above need to give their head a wobble and get out of the 70’s. The corner shops still sell ‘non essentials’. As do next day delivery online retailers. It’s not hard is it.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 00:11 - Oct 25 with 808 viewscontroversial_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:48 - Oct 24 by Jack123

Not the point.. How many more liberties are we going to give away,? We will be saying the same thing this time next year..

Liberties? Can't buy a pair of slippers or birthday card for two weeks!
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 02:40 - Oct 25 with 784 viewsswan65split

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:40 - Oct 24 by BillyChong

There’s a thing called online retailers these days

That's one of the points of contention, we have local stores/shops cant sell, and may possibly lose jobs or the business , but those "elsewhere" can take our money.

MD for someone who didnt want the job is , revelling in the power!
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 06:55 - Oct 25 with 756 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 00:06 - Oct 25 by BillyChong

Hopefully not if we are out of a pandemic by then. The Daily Mail/English residents above need to give their head a wobble and get out of the 70’s. The corner shops still sell ‘non essentials’. As do next day delivery online retailers. It’s not hard is it.

And that’s the point, no need to ban shops from selling them

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 08:16 - Oct 25 with 727 viewsfelixstowe_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 23:40 - Oct 24 by BillyChong

There’s a thing called online retailers these days

Why should online retailers be allowed to sell non essential goods if shops can't? What about the 15% of the population who don't have access to the internet?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 09:36 - Oct 25 with 698 viewsCatullus

Vaughn Gething on Andrew Marr now, getting a grilling. He reckons they'll talk to shops again about clarity of the policy.

The Welsh retail consortium reckons this "policy" actually makes distancing in shops harder because it limits space in shops.

Did Gething just say this firebreak will definitely bring cases down? I hope he's right but didn't Drakeford say we wouldn't know if this had worked until about 2 weeks after it finished? When the figure could be collated.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:17 - Oct 25 with 686 viewsNeath_Jack

People need to get used to these fire breaks.

Hopefully we’ll get past Christmas before the next one.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:21 - Oct 25 with 682 viewsAndy1300

Over 50K have signed the petition.

https://petitions.senedd.wales/petitions/244282

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:45 - Oct 25 with 669 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:17 - Oct 25 by Neath_Jack

People need to get used to these fire breaks.

Hopefully we’ll get past Christmas before the next one.

They will no doubt be a regular feature and there will be endles arguments which is why I think a more long term plan would be better. People would get past the arguments, would get used to it and carry on.

We can't let people carry on as normal but having these short, sharp interventions will cause more arguments and, as I said yesterday, Macron blieves the virus is here until next summer at least, if so we need to get a grip.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:49 - Oct 25 with 665 viewsonehunglow

We do

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:02 - Oct 25 with 658 viewsWhiterockin

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:45 - Oct 25 by Catullus

They will no doubt be a regular feature and there will be endles arguments which is why I think a more long term plan would be better. People would get past the arguments, would get used to it and carry on.

We can't let people carry on as normal but having these short, sharp interventions will cause more arguments and, as I said yesterday, Macron blieves the virus is here until next summer at least, if so we need to get a grip.

The virus will be here until we get a vaccine, hopefully by next summer. I fully expect short "firebreaks" to continue until then. Regional restrictions do not work as people do not stick to the rules. Very hard on the likes of Pembrokeshire but if we are honest about it many in tourism in that area have been accepting visitors they were not allowed to.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:05 - Oct 25 with 652 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:02 - Oct 25 by Whiterockin

The virus will be here until we get a vaccine, hopefully by next summer. I fully expect short "firebreaks" to continue until then. Regional restrictions do not work as people do not stick to the rules. Very hard on the likes of Pembrokeshire but if we are honest about it many in tourism in that area have been accepting visitors they were not allowed to.

If that's the case they should be shut down. I may not like the rules but I don't flaunt them. Any business that breaks the covid rules should be closed down until people learn their lesson.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:09 - Oct 25 with 647 viewsWhiterockin

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:05 - Oct 25 by Catullus

If that's the case they should be shut down. I may not like the rules but I don't flaunt them. Any business that breaks the covid rules should be closed down until people learn their lesson.

Its very hard to monitor all B&Bs, Caravan sites (particularly those where individuals let out their caravans), holiday cottages and holiday parks.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:51 - Oct 25 with 629 viewsA_Fans_Dad

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:02 - Oct 25 by Whiterockin

Vaccines do not make a virus "go away", they do not even stop you getting it.
When did the Flu go away?
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:00 - Oct 25 with 618 viewsWhiterockin

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:51 - Oct 25 by A_Fans_Dad

I should have phrased it differently. Until we have a vaccine, hopefully by next summer we will continue to have "firebreaks". When we are inoculated hopefully we can return to some sort of normality.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:02 - Oct 25 with 615 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:09 - Oct 25 by Whiterockin

Its very hard to monitor all B&Bs, Caravan sites (particularly those where individuals let out their caravans), holiday cottages and holiday parks.

Hard but not impossible and as people got punished others would fall into line, surely? If a business is worried about money in the short term (even with Government help) wouldn' they be more worried about their business being closed down? By closed down I don't mean for 2 weeks or a month, I mean closed down, shut until the virus is dealt with, or we learn to live with it.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:09 - Oct 25 with 609 viewsWhiterockin

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:02 - Oct 25 by Catullus

Hard but not impossible and as people got punished others would fall into line, surely? If a business is worried about money in the short term (even with Government help) wouldn' they be more worried about their business being closed down? By closed down I don't mean for 2 weeks or a month, I mean closed down, shut until the virus is dealt with, or we learn to live with it.

The scale of tourism in Pembrokeshire is enormous. Tenby has 2.5 million visitors a year alone. Yes it would be impossible to monitor all the places for people to stay. I myself was booked in somewhere down that way 10 days ago and when I contacted them to cancel because Swansea is in restrictions, I was told I could still stay if I wanted. I know many were still going down pre full lock down.
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:16 - Oct 25 with 604 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:09 - Oct 25 by Whiterockin

The scale of tourism in Pembrokeshire is enormous. Tenby has 2.5 million visitors a year alone. Yes it would be impossible to monitor all the places for people to stay. I myself was booked in somewhere down that way 10 days ago and when I contacted them to cancel because Swansea is in restrictions, I was told I could still stay if I wanted. I know many were still going down pre full lock down.

Like I said, as places were punished others would learn and not take the chance. Part of the reason they break rules is because the punishments are not enough of a deterrent.

It's like the student parties, the organisers get a 10k fine but the attendees only 200 for a first offence, to many students it's worth the risk of going.

The punsihment has be a proper deterrent.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:18 - Oct 25 with 604 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 10:45 - Oct 25 by Catullus

You've said a long term plan a few times now.

What do you mean by that? Something that totally does away with any kind of lockdown?

If we have to persist with any kind of lockdown, it's the short, sharp ones for me.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:26 - Oct 25 with 602 viewscontroversial_jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 11:51 - Oct 25 by A_Fans_Dad

They do go away though, a new form appears the following year, and hopefully this is what will happen to covid19
“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:45 - Oct 25 with 591 viewsCatullus

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:18 - Oct 25 by Neath_Jack

You've said a long term plan a few times now.

What do you mean by that? Something that totally does away with any kind of lockdown?

If we have to persist with any kind of lockdown, it's the short, sharp ones for me.

I mean a 4-6 month plan, something that allows most businesses to stay open as long as they can be covid safe (and many businesses have spent a lot of money to try and be that) but with bigger punishments for rule breakers including shutting their business down for a long period if they disobey. Fines that are scary so people don't think it's worth the chance.

If more businesses could stay open then those that had to shut could be helped financially.

The first lockdown worked, apparently. So we need something for a longer period but not quite so strict. The problems seems to be the governments rely on people's common sense and there is a definite lack of it.
Take students, I firmly believe any caught attending parties should be expelled, they'd soon stop.
Pubs, alcohol and common sense don't go together so pubs should limit people to 2/3 drinks per day but only if they can enforce distancing, if they can't they shut.
I was told yesterday of a workplace canteen where staff ignored distancing and pulled chairs together at one table, those staff all subsequently tested positive, they should be disciplned but the workplace should be disciplined too for not enforcing the rules.

Neathie, it still puzzles me why all the UK governments are doing different things. Which experts are they listening too? When the experts disagree, who do you believe?

I'm by no means an expert but I do believe 17 days is not long enough. Remember, during the second week of lockdown my son goes back to school, he could bring the virus home and give it to myself and my wife then she takes it to work and I take it into the local shop.

I'll be happy to be wrong, if this 17 fay firebreak works then great but if it doesn't then we'll be syraight into another one. Isn't it better to have a longer term firebreak than several mall ones? What will cause less friction?

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:54 - Oct 25 with 588 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:45 - Oct 25 by Catullus

I mean a 4-6 month plan, something that allows most businesses to stay open as long as they can be covid safe (and many businesses have spent a lot of money to try and be that) but with bigger punishments for rule breakers including shutting their business down for a long period if they disobey. Fines that are scary so people don't think it's worth the chance.

If more businesses could stay open then those that had to shut could be helped financially.

The first lockdown worked, apparently. So we need something for a longer period but not quite so strict. The problems seems to be the governments rely on people's common sense and there is a definite lack of it.
Take students, I firmly believe any caught attending parties should be expelled, they'd soon stop.
Pubs, alcohol and common sense don't go together so pubs should limit people to 2/3 drinks per day but only if they can enforce distancing, if they can't they shut.
I was told yesterday of a workplace canteen where staff ignored distancing and pulled chairs together at one table, those staff all subsequently tested positive, they should be disciplned but the workplace should be disciplined too for not enforcing the rules.

Neathie, it still puzzles me why all the UK governments are doing different things. Which experts are they listening too? When the experts disagree, who do you believe?

I'm by no means an expert but I do believe 17 days is not long enough. Remember, during the second week of lockdown my son goes back to school, he could bring the virus home and give it to myself and my wife then she takes it to work and I take it into the local shop.

I'll be happy to be wrong, if this 17 fay firebreak works then great but if it doesn't then we'll be syraight into another one. Isn't it better to have a longer term firebreak than several mall ones? What will cause less friction?

I'm guessing they are doing things differently, because as I've said before, the scientists and health bods are saying one thing, and the economists are saying another thing. Hence the balancing of risk coming into play. They all work on best case / worst case scenarios, and they will differ between different people.

Let's not forget, that this is a brand new virus and we have not got a manual on how best to deal with it.

People not doing the basics is a massive factor, you only have to read social media to see that. There were two complete bellends in Wales yesterday, one who went into Tesco and pulled all the protective measures off the non-essential goods, filmed it and put in facebook. He has been charged with criminal damage. Another cretin tried getting into his local Tesco wearing just his boxer shorts, with him and his missus then ranting at security who wouldn't let them in. Obviously they rushed home to put in on facebook.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:59 - Oct 25 with 583 viewsAndy1300

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:54 - Oct 25 by Neath_Jack

I'm guessing they are doing things differently, because as I've said before, the scientists and health bods are saying one thing, and the economists are saying another thing. Hence the balancing of risk coming into play. They all work on best case / worst case scenarios, and they will differ between different people.

Let's not forget, that this is a brand new virus and we have not got a manual on how best to deal with it.

People not doing the basics is a massive factor, you only have to read social media to see that. There were two complete bellends in Wales yesterday, one who went into Tesco and pulled all the protective measures off the non-essential goods, filmed it and put in facebook. He has been charged with criminal damage. Another cretin tried getting into his local Tesco wearing just his boxer shorts, with him and his missus then ranting at security who wouldn't let them in. Obviously they rushed home to put in on facebook.

Correction, they were in the shop, watch the video, they were talking to shop staff in the clothing department

Number 1 team in Wales

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:13 - Oct 25 with 580 viewsNeath_Jack

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 12:59 - Oct 25 by Andy1300

Correction, they were in the shop, watch the video, they were talking to shop staff in the clothing department

Behave will you ffs.

Yes, they walked so far into the store before being confronted and told to sling their hook.

Shame the security guards didn't take him out the back and give him a slap.

Silly arseholes the pair of them.

“Firebreak lockdown” a masterclass in incompetence. on 13:54 - Oct 25 with 551 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A welsh minister says today a new nationwide lockdown will be needed in Wales in the new year. Looks like we are going to get two weeks of freedom over Christmas and the New year to enjoy ourselves.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024