Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 16:08 - Oct 31 with 3561 viewsbuilthjack

Weeks ahead of that clown Johnson. Well done that man.
Johnson OUT.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 14:26 - Nov 1 with 535 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 13:56 - Nov 1 by Neath_Jack

When did Drakey say we wouldn’t have another lockdown, have you got a link to it please.

There’s no way he can say that, very silly if he has.

What he said was

“The Welsh firebreak will end on Monday, November 9. Our cabinet will meet tomorrow to discuss any potential border issues for Wales in light of any announcement by No 10.”

Earlier Welsh Health Minister Vaughan Gething told Times Radio that the current fire break should mean no further lockdowns are needed before the end of the year.

However, he would not “rule out” further action before January. By that I assume he means another Welsh national lockdown

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 14:37 - Nov 1 with 514 viewsWhiterockin

Mr Drakeford on 14:26 - Nov 1 by Boundy

What he said was

“The Welsh firebreak will end on Monday, November 9. Our cabinet will meet tomorrow to discuss any potential border issues for Wales in light of any announcement by No 10.”

Earlier Welsh Health Minister Vaughan Gething told Times Radio that the current fire break should mean no further lockdowns are needed before the end of the year.

However, he would not “rule out” further action before January. By that I assume he means another Welsh national lockdown

I expect the "further action" to be in force from November 9th. He has stated all measures will be nationally from now on. So I expect some sort of halfway house, something between what things were like before regional restrictions and where we are now.

Plus additional border restrictions in place between England and Wales from next Thursday.
Mr Drakeford on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 492 viewsAndy1300

Mr Drakeford on 13:40 - Nov 1 by felixstowe_jack

Sure is despite Drakeford first lockdown lasting 3 weeks longer than the rest of the UK and going onto a virtual lockdown from mid September and nearly all of Wales by 29th September.
Can anyone explain why Wales total cases and cases in last 7 days is worse than England.

Cases per 100,000 last 7 days.

Wales 261
England 229

Total cases per 100,000
Wales 1613
England 1525.

It’s obvious, lockdowns don’t work

Number 1 team in Wales

Mr Drakeford on 15:04 - Nov 1 with 479 viewsBoundy

Mr Drakeford on 14:57 - Nov 1 by Andy1300

It’s obvious, lockdowns don’t work

Not in their entirety probably not but to slow down the infection rate then I'd say yes they have . the trouble is its piece meal now and looks like an act of desperation rather than a clear plan

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 15:07 - Nov 1 with 472 viewsonehunglow

Well,not sure ignoring distancing and masks do either.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mr Drakeford on 15:43 - Nov 1 with 459 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 15:07 - Nov 1 by onehunglow

Well,not sure ignoring distancing and masks do either.

Close contact is the only way it spreads. keeping distance means no close contact, wearing a mask also cuts down on the contact A no brainer really.
Mr Drakeford on 15:46 - Nov 1 with 457 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 15:43 - Nov 1 by controversial_jack

Close contact is the only way it spreads. keeping distance means no close contact, wearing a mask also cuts down on the contact A no brainer really.

You'd have thought so.

Piers Corbyn has raise 8000 towards his fine for imploring

no masks
distancing
restrictions of any kind especially drinking

THIS is what is killing us stone dead.

Mr Drakeford on 16:33 - Nov 1 with 444 viewsAndy1300

Mr Drakeford on 15:43 - Nov 1 by controversial_jack

So how do you explain couple living in the same house where one may be positive, the other negative?

Can’t get much closer than that.

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 16:36 - Nov 1 with 442 viewscontroversial_jack

Mr Drakeford on 16:33 - Nov 1 by Andy1300

So how do you explain couple living in the same house where one may be positive, the other negative?

Can’t get much closer than that.

So , are you saying it's not passed person to person ? This is news to the entire scientific world.
Mr Drakeford on 16:54 - Nov 1 with 435 viewsAndy1300

Mr Drakeford on 16:36 - Nov 1 by controversial_jack

So , are you saying it's not passed person to person ? This is news to the entire scientific world.

No, I’m not saying that.

What it proves is that you can be in close contact for a lot longer than in a shop and not get infected.

It’s not going to infect all of us, it will infect a minority, a minority of them will be ill, a minority of them will then need medical care, you guessed it, a minor of them will sadly die.

The virus kills less than 0.05% of people.

Hardly a pandemic to ruin the economy, jobs, businesses and lives., in no particle Dee.

Number 1 team in Wales

Mr Drakeford on 18:02 - Nov 1 with 406 viewstrampie

Mr Drakeford on 16:54 - Nov 1 by Andy1300

No, I’m not saying that.

What it proves is that you can be in close contact for a lot longer than in a shop and not get infected.

It’s not going to infect all of us, it will infect a minority, a minority of them will be ill, a minority of them will then need medical care, you guessed it, a minor of them will sadly die.

Hardly a pandemic to ruin the economy, jobs, businesses and lives., in no particle Dee.

The problem is if it overwhelms the NHS.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Mr Drakeford on 18:12 - Nov 1 with 400 viewscontroversial_jack

No, I’m not saying that.

You can be in contact with someone without getting it yes, but if that person inadvertently spits at you while talking, you have a good chance of getting it, hence the distancing and masking up.

It won't affect the majority of us if we are careful, but it effects enough to overwhelm the NHS and endanger it's staff.

You say 0.05%, but that works out at about 1% of all those who are found to be positive. That's a lot of ppl every day. The 25,000 cases we see everyday are new cases as well as the existing ones.That adds up to a lot of sick ppl and a lot of the old and vulnerable ones dying

It's a price i'm not prepared to pay for someone who is inconvenienced by not going out for their regular pint of ale or to buy a pair of slippers

If we don't do this now, xmas will be ruined for many and tragic for some.

I'm very sorry, if some ppl are too pig headed to get that, but it's the reality for many
Mr Drakeford on 18:38 - Nov 1 with 379 viewsmajorraglan

No, I’m not saying that.

Out of curiosity, where do you get the 0.05% figure from.

We have a population of 65m, by my extremely rusty maths 0.05% of our population equates to 32,500. Since the middle of a March to the middle of October this year the total number of excess deaths as recorded by the ONS is already at 65,000 and the number of deaths where Covid19 is mentioned n the death certificate as a cause or factor is about 59,000. If we work on the basis that the whole of the UK has had Covid - which clearly isn’t the rate is up nearer 0.1%.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2020 18:38]
Mr Drakeford on 19:58 - Nov 2 with 303 viewsJack59

After the Covid update this morning, Drakeford was asked by the press to answer in Welsh as well as English, ''because it would be helpful'' was the advice by the correspondent.
Does anyone know of any Welsh speakers who are unable to speak English?
There used to be a few in the mountains of North Wales in the sixties and seventies, but not now surely.
I know there are thousands of residents of different ethnicity in Wales, who may have some difficulty understanding English. In reality, it would have been more helpful, if he had at least acknowledged this. even if unable to address it. He seems determined to do anything he can to score political points, and drive wedges between England and Wales.
I think he's noticed how well Nicola has done during the crisis for the independence movement in Scotland.
Mr Drakeford on 20:00 - Nov 2 with 298 viewsonehunglow

Not sure covid is biligual nor the treatment

Mr Drakeford on 20:01 - Nov 2 with 296 viewsNeath_Jack

Mr Drakeford on 19:58 - Nov 2 by Jack59

After the Covid update this morning, Drakeford was asked by the press to answer in Welsh as well as English, ''because it would be helpful'' was the advice by the correspondent.
Does anyone know of any Welsh speakers who are unable to speak English?
There used to be a few in the mountains of North Wales in the sixties and seventies, but not now surely.
I know there are thousands of residents of different ethnicity in Wales, who may have some difficulty understanding English. In reality, it would have been more helpful, if he had at least acknowledged this. even if unable to address it. He seems determined to do anything he can to score political points, and drive wedges between England and Wales.
I think he's noticed how well Nicola has done during the crisis for the independence movement in Scotland.

Nothing wrong with him doing it in Welsh.

If anything, he should do it only in Welsh and have subtitles for those that don't speak their mother tongue.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mr Drakeford on 20:05 - Nov 2 with 292 viewsonehunglow

Mother tongue is that which you are brought up to speak from a baby.

Because one is born in Wales doesnt mean your mother tongue is Welsh. For many,it's Urdu,Italian,Polish etc.

Places in east England have Polish translations

Mr Drakeford on 20:15 - Nov 2 with 286 viewsJack59

Mr Drakeford on 20:01 - Nov 2 by Neath_Jack

Nothing wrong with him doing it in Welsh.

If anything, he should do it only in Welsh and have subtitles for those that don't speak their mother tongue.

So according to you, he should not bother to communicate with the majority of Welsh people in Wales who are not fluent Welsh speakers.
If that's what you think, you could have slotted neatly into Pol Pot's regime in Cambodia.
Mr Drakeford on 20:21 - Nov 2 with 277 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 20:15 - Nov 2 by Jack59

So according to you, he should not bother to communicate with the majority of Welsh people in Wales who are not fluent Welsh speakers.
If that's what you think, you could have slotted neatly into Pol Pot's regime in Cambodia.

80% of Welsh people have English a their mother tongue.Fact.

Ive commented before as to just how divisive the language is.I know of no other country where that is so.

Just communicate as that is what language is for.

Mr Drakeford on 20:22 - Nov 2 with 276 viewsNeath_Jack

Mr Drakeford on 20:15 - Nov 2 by Jack59

Do you think they do the news in English, in Italy, or France, or Germany etc?

To answer your question, yes he should only do it in Welsh.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Mr Drakeford on 20:23 - Nov 2 with 274 viewsNeath_Jack

Mr Drakeford on 20:21 - Nov 2 by onehunglow

Ive commented before as to just how divisive the language is.I know of no other country where that is so.

You hate Swansea / Wales, why you bother posting on here I'll never know

Mr Drakeford on 20:26 - Nov 2 with 270 viewsonehunglow

Anyone questioning anything at all to do with the welsh language gets this.

It is a language no more no less.

Speak it,then great but do not force non speakers to feel second rate.

It is beyond pitiful.

It begs the question if wales were to be independent then how would it affect those who didnt speak it nor want to learn it.

Mr Drakeford on 20:28 - Nov 2 with 268 viewsJack59

Mr Drakeford on 20:21 - Nov 2 by onehunglow

I couldn't agree more, born and bred in Wales, I've supported everything Welsh for over sixty years, and I'm now being made to feel alien by this Welsh language policy adopted in the assembly, and more worryingly poisoning the empty heads that welcome it.
Mr Drakeford on 20:30 - Nov 2 with 264 viewsNeath_Jack

Charming that butt.

Shame on you.

Mr Drakeford on 20:31 - Nov 2 with 459 viewsNeath_Jack

Mr Drakeford on 20:26 - Nov 2 by onehunglow

Anyone questioning anything at all to do with the welsh language gets this.

It is a language no more no less.

Speak it,then great but do not force non speakers to feel second rate.

It is beyond pitiful.

It begs the question if wales were to be independent then how would it affect those who didnt speak it nor want to learn it.

And anyone promoting our language gets those responses from you.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024