Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mr Drakeford 16:08 - Oct 31 with 3559 viewsbuilthjack

Weeks ahead of that clown Johnson. Well done that man.
Johnson OUT.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 21:37 - Nov 2 with 554 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 19:58 - Nov 2 by Jack59

After the Covid update this morning, Drakeford was asked by the press to answer in Welsh as well as English, ''because it would be helpful'' was the advice by the correspondent.
Does anyone know of any Welsh speakers who are unable to speak English?
There used to be a few in the mountains of North Wales in the sixties and seventies, but not now surely.
I know there are thousands of residents of different ethnicity in Wales, who may have some difficulty understanding English. In reality, it would have been more helpful, if he had at least acknowledged this. even if unable to address it. He seems determined to do anything he can to score political points, and drive wedges between England and Wales.
I think he's noticed how well Nicola has done during the crisis for the independence movement in Scotland.

I know quite a few who prefer to converse in Welsh as it’s their mother tongue, they can speak English but it is their second language and they are more comfortable in Welsh.

Welsh and English have equal status in Wales and there is an obligation n public bodies to be able to deliver their services through the medium of Welsh. I didn’t know he could speak Welsh, but if Drakers is asked to answer a question in Welsh and he does I don’t see any big deal in it. The viewers on S4C and listeners on Radio Cymru have the same rights as the rest of us.
Mr Drakeford on 21:38 - Nov 2 with 551 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 21:36 - Nov 2 by chad

So where are we, vital notices of public safety should be made solely in a language the majority of the country would not understand?

That is what was said.I'm still staggered,frankly. No retraction either.

Hope Im never in a country that uses the cyrillic alphabet for a notice

Sometimes,one is just wrong
[Post edited 2 Nov 2020 21:39]

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mr Drakeford on 21:41 - Nov 2 with 537 viewsLohengrin

Mr Drakeford on 21:36 - Nov 2 by chad

So where are we, vital notices of public safety should be made solely in a language the majority of the country would not understand?

He doesn’t understand it himself, love.

I think he may have had a trying day...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Mr Drakeford on 21:45 - Nov 2 with 522 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 21:37 - Nov 2 by majorraglan

I know quite a few who prefer to converse in Welsh as it’s their mother tongue, they can speak English but it is their second language and they are more comfortable in Welsh.

Welsh and English have equal status in Wales and there is an obligation n public bodies to be able to deliver their services through the medium of Welsh. I didn’t know he could speak Welsh, but if Drakers is asked to answer a question in Welsh and he does I don’t see any big deal in it. The viewers on S4C and listeners on Radio Cymru have the same rights as the rest of us.

But we are talking National pandemic which really should overide all.At least it should.

Just get the message out in the language that is understand by all. Its nothing to do with comfort at all simply relaying information.Vital information

Mr Drakeford on 21:46 - Nov 2 with 517 viewschad

Mr Drakeford on 21:41 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

Certainly seems so,
Mr Drakeford on 21:49 - Nov 2 with 505 viewsmajorraglan

Mr Drakeford on 21:45 - Nov 2 by onehunglow

But we are talking National pandemic which really should overide all.At least it should.

Just get the message out in the language that is understand by all. Its nothing to do with comfort at all simply relaying information.Vital information

I didn’t see the presser, but f he is merely answering the same question in English and then in Welsh, or vice versa I don’t have an issue with it. If he was only answering in the 1 language that would be different.
Mr Drakeford on 21:51 - Nov 2 with 501 viewschad

I agree. But NJ suggested the announcement of such importance should only be in a language the majority of the country would not understand.
Mr Drakeford on 21:56 - Nov 2 with 492 viewsLohengrin

Mr Drakeford on 21:51 - Nov 2 by chad

I agree. But NJ suggested the announcement of such importance should only be in a language the majority of the country would not understand.

I think he’s pouting with me so if I can get my copy of this to you would you be kind enough to pass it on to him?

Login to get fewer ads

Mr Drakeford on 22:07 - Nov 2 with 478 viewsFlashberryjack

When my father in law calls round, my wife and him always speak to each other in welsh, I do understand most of what they say, but I'm not a welsh speaker as such, but I can speak broken welsh (just about enough to get understood) my mother was from Belfast, so very little welsh spoken when I was growing up.

But I do like us having our own language, and I'm proud of it, it also comes in handy when were away on holiday, especially if we don't want people to know what we're talking about.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Mr Drakeford on 22:14 - Nov 2 with 467 viewsraynor94

Mr Drakeford on 21:41 - Nov 2 by Lohengrin

Same as yesterday with his Poppy thread, unusual for him.

When in a hole the first thing to do is stop digging, is always good advice.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mr Drakeford on 22:41 - Nov 2 with 422 viewsLohengrin

Mr Drakeford on 22:14 - Nov 2 by raynor94

It’s this lockdown, it’s addling him...

Mr Drakeford on 22:53 - Nov 2 with 411 viewsbuilthjack

Mr Drakeford on 19:58 - Nov 2 by Jack59

After the Covid update this morning, Drakeford was asked by the press to answer in Welsh as well as English, ''because it would be helpful'' was the advice by the correspondent.
Does anyone know of any Welsh speakers who are unable to speak English?
There used to be a few in the mountains of North Wales in the sixties and seventies, but not now surely.
I know there are thousands of residents of different ethnicity in Wales, who may have some difficulty understanding English. In reality, it would have been more helpful, if he had at least acknowledged this. even if unable to address it. He seems determined to do anything he can to score political points, and drive wedges between England and Wales.
I think he's noticed how well Nicola has done during the crisis for the independence movement in Scotland.

There are quite a few pockets of Welsh speakers not far from us who rarely speak English, and actually struggle with it.
Good on them i say, we are in Wales after all.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mr Drakeford on 23:19 - Nov 2 with 391 viewsonehunglow

Dont they have english speaking television .eems it's everywhere now. So no excuse really.

We are in Britain after all

Mr Drakeford on 00:25 - Nov 3 with 376 viewschad

Mr Drakeford on 22:07 - Nov 2 by Flashberryjack

When my father in law calls round, my wife and him always speak to each other in welsh, I do understand most of what they say, but I'm not a welsh speaker as such, but I can speak broken welsh (just about enough to get understood) my mother was from Belfast, so very little welsh spoken when I was growing up.

But I do like us having our own language, and I'm proud of it, it also comes in handy when were away on holiday, especially if we don't want people to know what we're talking about.

Reminds me of a story a friend of ours told years back.

On a train going north dressed in her business garb, she was sat near 2 ladies chatting away, obviously talking about her in Welsh

It was obvious because she was a fluent Welsh speaker herself

She never said a word until she stood up to get off the train and spoke to them in Welsh.
Mr Drakeford on 06:30 - Nov 3 with 336 viewsKilkennyjack

Mr Drakeford on 21:25 - Nov 2 by Neath_Jack

Right, I'm done with this conversation with you.

I can't make head nor tail over what you are trying to say, or who you are replying to.

Use the quote function, makes life easier.

I agree with you NJ.

Having two languages is quite normal throughout the world.
English often the business language of the world.

It enriches Wales and gives a constant glimpse of another age through its place names.
It truly is the language of heaven, and its very survival is significant on the European level.
We have a target for 1 million welsh speakers by 2050, and the large number of welsh medium schools will ensure we pass this easily, as its now the language of the young as well as the old.

English speakers have equal status in law as welsh speakers, so no need to panic.

Ben Davies and Joey Allen both represent the reality of modern wales so positively.

Beware of the Risen People

Mr Drakeford on 07:36 - Nov 3 with 324 viewsNeath_Jack

Mr Drakeford on 22:14 - Nov 2 by raynor94

I'll give you the same opportunity that i did Flash, to explain.

In the Poppy thread, I listed a few potential thread titles, now...

1. Do any of those titles, appear on this forum every year without fail - Yes or No.
2. What did you find offensive about that post, in your own words.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Mr Drakeford on 07:43 - Nov 3 with 321 viewsNeath_Jack

"Nothing wrong with him doing it in Welsh.

If anything, he should do it only in Welsh and have subtitles for those that don't speak their mother tongue."

For all you slavering at my above post, where does it say that it we should turn off the medium of English, right now in the middle of this pandemic? My post wasn't specific to the here and now, it was a general observation / comment, which I absolutely stand by.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Mr Drakeford on 07:55 - Nov 3 with 316 viewsAndy1300

Mr Drakeford on 07:43 - Nov 3 by Neath_Jack

"Nothing wrong with him doing it in Welsh.

If anything, he should do it only in Welsh and have subtitles for those that don't speak their mother tongue."

For all you slavering at my above post, where does it say that it we should turn off the medium of English, right now in the middle of this pandemic? My post wasn't specific to the here and now, it was a general observation / comment, which I absolutely stand by.

There we are then, broadcast what he wants the nation to obey, in a language that the majority of them don’t speak and most will never want to spea.

That’s a great way for the lockdown supporters to get what they want.

Deluded!

Number 1 team in Wales

Mr Drakeford on 07:59 - Nov 3 with 313 viewsNeath_Jack

Mr Drakeford on 07:55 - Nov 3 by Andy1300

There we are then, broadcast what he wants the nation to obey, in a language that the majority of them don’t speak and most will never want to spea.

That’s a great way for the lockdown supporters to get what they want.

Deluded!

Have another read, Andrew.

Mr Drakeford on 08:11 - Nov 3 with 312 viewsBoundy

Really all this fuss, what ever the message is , it'll change by tomorrow

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mr Drakeford on 08:33 - Nov 3 with 302 viewsFieryJack

I love hearing Welsh being spoken. Don't understand a word of it, but it sounds wonderful, particularly, for example, on a train full of Mancunian peasants travelling along the Marches.

You should be proud of it - the only Celtic language in good health.

I wouldn't want it to go the way of these languages:

"An endangered language or moribund language, is a language that is at risk of disappearing as its speakers die out or shift to speaking other languages. Language loss occurs when the language has no more native speakers and becomes a "dead language". If no one can speak the language at all, it becomes an "extinct language". A dead language may still be studied through recordings or writings, but it is still dead or extinct unless there are fluent speakers.[1] Although languages have always become extinct throughout human history, they are currently dying at an accelerated rate because of globalization, imperialism, neocolonialism[2] and linguicide (language killing)"

The attemepted linguicide of the Welsh language in Victorian times failed, thankfully.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 8:37]
Mr Drakeford on 09:03 - Nov 3 with 283 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mr Drakeford on 06:30 - Nov 3 by Kilkennyjack

I agree with you NJ.

Having two languages is quite normal throughout the world.
English often the business language of the world.

It enriches Wales and gives a constant glimpse of another age through its place names.
It truly is the language of heaven, and its very survival is significant on the European level.
We have a target for 1 million welsh speakers by 2050, and the large number of welsh medium schools will ensure we pass this easily, as its now the language of the young as well as the old.

English speakers have equal status in law as welsh speakers, so no need to panic.

Ben Davies and Joey Allen both represent the reality of modern wales so positively.

Yes they do . They always speak English when being interviewed by Sky and the BBC. Funny how they both had to leave Wales to earn a better living.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mr Drakeford on 10:04 - Nov 3 with 257 viewsFireboy2

Mr Drakeford on 09:03 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

Yes they do . They always speak English when being interviewed by Sky and the BBC. Funny how they both had to leave Wales to earn a better living.

What a stupid post.

They speak english on the bbc and sky for one simple reason and they left the swans to better their careers at bigger clubs and by doing that they got bigger wages.
Mr Drakeford on 10:12 - Nov 3 with 254 viewsonehunglow

Mr Drakeford on 09:03 - Nov 3 by felixstowe_jack

Felix.
Seems ,as Ive always suspected ,that if one leaves Wales then you become ,in a sense,de Welshed,no longer welcome.If you do not LOVE the Weksh language then you are beneath contempt.

As fore enriching a country,Ive not read such garbage for 24 hours.

Plenty of countries are quite well enriched speaking ONE langauge.

Is this what Wales is about.

Ive said before ,you could pick up a puppy,shove it in a carrier bag and chuck it into the canal before you question anything at all about the Welsh Language.

Little Englanders are just as bad seeing their language as pre eminent or one everyone should speak or learn.

Mr Drakeford on 12:43 - Nov 3 with 296 viewsLohengrin

Mr Drakeford on 07:36 - Nov 3 by Neath_Jack

I'll give you the same opportunity that i did Flash, to explain.

In the Poppy thread, I listed a few potential thread titles, now...

1. Do any of those titles, appear on this forum every year without fail - Yes or No.
2. What did you find offensive about that post, in your own words.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024