Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : Game ends 1-1 20:10 - Nov 1 with 9036 viewsNotLoyal

EFL Championship
Tuesday 3rd Nov 2020
Brentford Community Stadium
7pm KIck Off

Referee : STEPHEN MARTIN
Adam Crysell and Carl Fitch-Jackson
Fourth Official : Keith Stroud

Swansea City will visit the Thomas Frank care in the community stadium this week occupying second place in the EFL Championship. Brentford have only ever lost one game ever in the history of football at home and that was to PNE who are an I away from being wood. They lost that game 4-2 and although people didn’t dance in the streets of PINE afterwards they did venture out for a jig. Brentford are long time contenders for being not very good at getting promoted which means they are quite good, but not good enough. They get players cheaply and then sell them on for loads of money and nobody asks any questions where all the money goes. Brentford supporters are quite polite. A few seasons ago the Brentford hooligan group of around thirty people attacked a small club on the outskirts of Swansea or not that close. They were beaten back by four sixty plus year olds and a woman. Brentford are not hard.

Frank Thomas
Frank is originally from Denmark but he doesn’t know Jan Molby, he is 47 years of age but acts like he is 12. He twists his face around like a Danish gurner and makes up stories, like the person you know did something but even though it’s obvious they still lie. He is married to his grandmother which is something people called Frank do in a Denmark.

Frank Thomas, Brentford Manager.

Brentford, so what do we know ?
Brentford is in Hounslow which is in Brent, or maybe not, where there’s a river, it used to be called David but now it’s called Brentford which used to be in Middlesex. You can imagine how confused the locals are, especially with Frank banging his gums all the time talking a load of toilet. The only people in Brentford two hundred years ago were the Hardwick family, they interbred and made Brentford what it is today. Brentford is boring, in 1682 it is duly noted it rained and in 1642 there was a battle there, no doubt all the local hard men turned up and got battered by the Pensioners Militia ( over 65’s Walking sticks brigade) Brentford has to be the most boring town in Britain bar Motherwell and Kidwelly, both of whom are in Ireland.

This man fell asleep in Boring Brentford in 1986, he is still asleep.

Proof of how boring the town is ?
Well, Pocahontas lived in Brentford for about six months in a house on the site that is now the Royal Mail sorting office (next to Pets at home). Of course that’s the clincher, next to pets at bloody home. I mean Pocah bloody Hontas lived there for six months. The winter nights must fly by when that comes up in conversation. Oh hang on, William Shakespeare used to call in to some slummy old pub there on his way home apparently. I mean how much scraping of the barrel do you need to do ? One more ? Nell Gwyn ( MAY) have visited once. Joke place, joke town, joke manager, joke everything, Joke on the pitch, joke off it blah,blah,blah.

More later, I bet you can’t wait.

The more literate of the side have done a pre match day spread, no cheese sarnies though.

Brentford v Swansea City : Ends 1-1, Referee Steve Martin's Comedy Encore 3rd Nov 2020 22:47
Swansea had a stoppage-time effort ruled out as Brentford took a share of the points in an intriguing 1-1 Sky Bet Championship draw. Referee Steve Martin took centre stage when the last touch of the game gave the swans the three points, but once again Swansea found themselves on the end of another bizarre away referee decision. Thats four points snatched away from Swansea in the last minutes of an away game in two outings. 0

Ryan Bennett returns to the Swansea City defence for tonight’s meeting with Brentford, in the only change from the weekend win over Blackburn.
The defender comes into the side at the expense of Kyle Naughton, who drops to the bench.
The Swans are otherwise unchanged from the 2-0 win over Rovers, with Freddie Woodman in goal behind a back three of Bennett, Marc Guehi and Ben Cabango.
Connor Roberts and Jake Bidwell continue at wing-back, with Korey Smith and Jay Fulton paired together in midfield.
Yan Dhanda is given the chance to continue his fine form at number 10, with Jamal Lowe and skipper Andre Ayew leading the attack.

Brentford: David Raya, Henrick Dalsgaard, Ethan Pinnock, Charlie Goode, Rico Henry; Mathias Jensen, Josh Dasilva, Emiliano Marcondes; Bryan Mbuemo, Ivan Toney, Sam Ghoddos.
Substitutes: Luke Daniels, Dominic Thompson, Sergi Canos, Vitaly Janelt, Tariqe Fosu, Fin Stevens, Marcus Forss.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Kyle Naughton, Matt Grimes, Wayne Routledge, Kasey Palmer, Viktor Gyokeres.

Referee: Stephen Martin

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:28 - Nov 2 with 3052 viewsswancity

I like it

Not forgetting Brentford Nylons. A local factory making tights for ladies. It’s what Brentford is famous for, that’s it. The Brentford manager Frank Thomas called in there and asked for discount on a pair of tights . He was told to do one. He almost resigned from his post due to this knock back. 👍

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:36 - Nov 2 with 3044 viewsonehunglow

Brentford is dire.

The drive from the M40 eastwards is an education.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:28 - Nov 2 with 3029 viewsFireboy2

NY, your matchday threads are bloody fantastic.
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:03 - Nov 2 with 2951 viewstrampie

Somehow we have to keep their attack quiet.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:43 - Nov 2 with 2881 viewsKeithHaynes

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:04 - Nov 2 with 2861 viewsonehunglow

That is a rather damning photo of Mr Franks

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Nov 2 with 2827 viewstrampie

Brentford tomorrow and Norwich on Saturday are both fancied by the bookies to beat us, gaining 2pts from those two matches might be better than gaining 3pts from those matches, time will tell.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:31 - Nov 2 with 2787 viewsraynor94

Bookies don't fancy us at all, Brentford down as a banker home win.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:42 - Nov 2 with 2776 viewsonehunglow

In that case,even more motivation

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 20:56 - Nov 2 with 2736 viewsItchySphincter

I hope we bum them, you know, cos of Franks like.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:49 - Nov 3 with 2551 viewsswitchingcode

Both teams will be a lot different in their line ups from the play offs and trying to predict results under the present sad conditions is a lottery.We look like we have replaced Watkins goals with Toney coming in and others who have come in are just starting to get up to the level required in the championship.In all honesty don’t think we are as good as we were last season yet but hopefully we can keep our players injuries down to a minimum,Norguaard our best player is out for a few more weeks along with Pontus and Baptiste and push for top six.I find it hard to get too excited watching on tv as I rarely miss a game home or away but I can take it or leave it at the moment and have stopped watching on ifollow.Let’s hope this virus is under control ASAP so we can all get back to watching football in our stadiums it’s frustrating thinking about how tonight’s game would have been played in front of a capacity crowd under lights with a fantastic atmosphere in our new stadium and sure you would have sold out your allocation especially being a new ground.Hope we win but going for a 2 2 tonight.
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:27 - Nov 3 with 2515 viewsWhiterockin

Is it on Sky red button.
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:33 - Nov 3 with 2509 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:27 - Nov 3 by Whiterockin

Is it on Sky red button.

No
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:36 - Nov 3 with 2505 viewsWhiterockin

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 10:33 - Nov 3 by switchingcode

No

Thank you.
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:42 - Nov 3 with 2439 viewsBadlands

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 08:49 - Nov 3 by switchingcode

Both teams will be a lot different in their line ups from the play offs and trying to predict results under the present sad conditions is a lottery.We look like we have replaced Watkins goals with Toney coming in and others who have come in are just starting to get up to the level required in the championship.In all honesty don’t think we are as good as we were last season yet but hopefully we can keep our players injuries down to a minimum,Norguaard our best player is out for a few more weeks along with Pontus and Baptiste and push for top six.I find it hard to get too excited watching on tv as I rarely miss a game home or away but I can take it or leave it at the moment and have stopped watching on ifollow.Let’s hope this virus is under control ASAP so we can all get back to watching football in our stadiums it’s frustrating thinking about how tonight’s game would have been played in front of a capacity crowd under lights with a fantastic atmosphere in our new stadium and sure you would have sold out your allocation especially being a new ground.Hope we win but going for a 2 2 tonight.

Your lot must be desperate to get to see the new stadium.
It won't be the same as Griffin Park though.
Shame.
Anything could happen tonight ... Cooper has realised everyone in the squad is able to do a job not just his under old England 17s and his favourites, and he is allowed to use substitutes before the 89th minute.
I,m hoping for a game worth watching.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:35 - Nov 3 with 2406 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:42 - Nov 3 by Badlands

Your lot must be desperate to get to see the new stadium.
It won't be the same as Griffin Park though.
Shame.
Anything could happen tonight ... Cooper has realised everyone in the squad is able to do a job not just his under old England 17s and his favourites, and he is allowed to use substitutes before the 89th minute.
I,m hoping for a game worth watching.

Yes it’s been a tough time not being able to get to see games there and say goodbye to Griffin park but at least I was there for as it turned out the last game v Sheff Wednesday.Our old ground was on its last legs and we were very lucky to get a new ground built just down the road.I agree it’s a hard one to call tonight.
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:35 - Nov 3 with 2370 views34dfgdf54

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:35 - Nov 3 by switchingcode

Yes it’s been a tough time not being able to get to see games there and say goodbye to Griffin park but at least I was there for as it turned out the last game v Sheff Wednesday.Our old ground was on its last legs and we were very lucky to get a new ground built just down the road.I agree it’s a hard one to call tonight.

My favourite away day of modern times is Brentford. Old school ground, pubs everywhere and we managed to nick a win after a cracking start.

Won't be the same at the new place. Be a tough game for us tonight, would snap your hand off for a draw.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 14:35]
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:59 - Nov 3 with 2315 viewsswitchingcode

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:35 - Nov 3 by 34dfgdf54

My favourite away day of modern times is Brentford. Old school ground, pubs everywhere and we managed to nick a win after a cracking start.

Won't be the same at the new place. Be a tough game for us tonight, would snap your hand off for a draw.
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 14:35]

Yes there are many away fans who say the same about the whole day experience at Griffin park where all pubs are away fan friendly both before and after the game something that is sorely missed at the moment.Hope that is maintained at the new stadium as there will be an extra 1000+ seats for away fans.
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:33 - Nov 3 with 2275 views1983

Brentford another average pointless club this is more well known than them

https://brentfordhistory.com/2014/02/05/lucozade-sign/#jp-carousel-744

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:08 - Nov 3 with 2239 viewsswancity

Are we on sky red button tonight

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Nov 3 with 2227 viewsKeithHaynes

These are the real games that we mustn't lose.

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Nov 3 with 2205 viewsFireboy2

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:21 - Nov 3 by KeithHaynes

These are the real games that we mustn't lose.

Yes definitely Keith.

We are better than last season and they arent the free flowing goal scorers they were last season that's why I am quite confident about tonight.

COYJB.
Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:50 - Nov 3 with 2190 viewsKeithHaynes

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Yes definitely Keith.

We are better than last season and they arent the free flowing goal scorers they were last season that's why I am quite confident about tonight.

COYJB.

So much hard work has been put in recently, ill take a 4-0 win. :-)

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:52 - Nov 3 with 2181 viewsraynor94

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:45 - Nov 3 by Fireboy2

Yes definitely Keith.

COYJB.

I don't know about not free scoring, they have scored 16 and Toney has 9 already.

They are conceding more, if we can keep Toney quiet, we can get something out of it

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Brentford v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:03 - Nov 3 with 2169 viewsKeithHaynes

Ryan Bennett returns to the Swansea City defence for tonight’s meeting with Brentford, in the only change from the weekend win over Blackburn.
The defender comes into the side at the expense of Kyle Naughton, who drops to the bench.
The Swans are otherwise unchanged from the 2-0 win over Rovers, with Freddie Woodman in goal behind a back three of Bennett, Marc Guehi and Ben Cabango.
Connor Roberts and Jake Bidwell continue at wing-back, with Korey Smith and Jay Fulton paired together in midfield.
Yan Dhanda is given the chance to continue his fine form at number 10, with Jamal Lowe and skipper Andre Ayew leading the attack.

Brentford: David Raya, Henrick Dalsgaard, Ethan Pinnock, Charlie Goode, Rico Henry; Mathias Jensen, Josh Dasilva, Emiliano Marcondes; Bryan Mbuemo, Ivan Toney, Sam Ghoddos.
Substitutes: Luke Daniels, Dominic Thompson, Sergi Canos, Vitaly Janelt, Tariqe Fosu, Fin Stevens, Marcus Forss.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Jay Fulton, Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.
Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Kyle Naughton, Matt Grimes, Wayne Routledge, Kasey Palmer, Viktor Gyokeres.

Referee: Stephen Martin

This post has been edited by an administrator

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024