Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We've appeared to have upset them 09:53 - Nov 2 with 2026 viewsBoundy

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/11/how-swansea-soured-relations-with-liverpoo

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

We've appeared to have upset them on 10:04 - Nov 2 with 1999 viewsNotLoyal

Says the club who made nigh on 25 million from our handling of Rhian Brewster and messed everyone about wanting a couple of hundred grand extra for Wilson knowing had he come to Swansea he would have been far better off.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

We've appeared to have upset them on 10:15 - Nov 2 with 1975 viewsFireboy2

We've appeared to have upset them on 10:04 - Nov 2 by NotLoyal

Says the club who made nigh on 25 million from our handling of Rhian Brewster and messed everyone about wanting a couple of hundred grand extra for Wilson knowing had he come to Swansea he would have been far better off.

Yes, f@#$ em the greedy selfish t@#$%
We've appeared to have upset them on 10:19 - Nov 2 with 1965 viewsonehunglow

Interesting reading that.

Phillips one for the future though and would have been a great signing but we move on.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

We've appeared to have upset them on 11:26 - Nov 2 with 1889 views34dfgdf54

I wouldn't be too chuffed with upsetting them, there's ways of doing business and yet again this is another blotch on Winter's book for me.

The football world is small.

From his performance on Saturday though it looks as if we are the ones to have missed out on this one.
We've appeared to have upset them on 11:49 - Nov 2 with 1862 viewstheloneranger

He was injured at the end of Sept, beginning of Oct and we were keeping an eye on the situation.

Plus with Spurs dragging Joe's transfer towards transfer deadline day it was a disaster waiting to happen.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

We've appeared to have upset them on 12:10 - Nov 2 with 1834 viewstylagarwjack

Hope we haven't burnt our bridges but I think we did the right thing getting Bennett.

The transfer fee was obviously a lot lower (free but pay something if we get promoted?) than it would have been for Phillips but also it's good to see an experienced player coming in.

We've lost a lot of experienced players over the last few years (the majority no great loss admittedly) but can't rely solely on younger players.
We've appeared to have upset them on 14:13 - Nov 2 with 1755 viewsjasper_T

He's inexperienced, not that young, and was injured. Bullet dodged as far as I'm concerned, he's not a future star but a player they were happy to let go for cheap. This is a club that demanded £20m for Harry Wilson.
We've appeared to have upset them on 16:42 - Nov 2 with 1663 viewsCatullus

Have Liverpool never done anything similar then?

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2019/01/05/pl-boss-brands-liverpool-a-disgrace-and

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

We've appeared to have upset them on 20:35 - Nov 2 with 1502 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It don't count if it is Warnock complaining.

That is the trouble with transfer deadline day. Clubs not sure which players they are going to loose or who is available to sign to improve their Squad. As a result they have 5 or 6 players they show interest in knowing they will probably sign 3 or 4.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

We've appeared to have upset them on 20:38 - Nov 2 with 1490 viewsonehunglow

We get upset over a language being used or not during a pandemic.

We've appeared to have upset them on 21:54 - Nov 2 with 1433 viewsReslovenSwan1

We've appeared to have upset them on 20:35 - Nov 2 by felixstowe_jack

It don't count if it is Warnock complaining.

That is the trouble with transfer deadline day. Clubs not sure which players they are going to loose or who is available to sign to improve their Squad. As a result they have 5 or 6 players they show interest in knowing they will probably sign 3 or 4.

Cardiff were also shafted late over the Serbian midfielder Gruric. They were counting on getting him and Liverpool sent him late to Germany instead. All these clubs leave it late to the last few hours and end up with musical chairs and some players nt moving.

Wise sage since Toshack era

We've appeared to have upset them on 09:53 - Nov 3 with 1318 viewsCatullus

We've appeared to have upset them on 21:54 - Nov 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Cardiff were also shafted late over the Serbian midfielder Gruric. They were counting on getting him and Liverpool sent him late to Germany instead. All these clubs leave it late to the last few hours and end up with musical chairs and some players nt moving.

Yeah all clubs do it but not all clubs get all precious about it. Us fans moan when it happens but that's our territory.

Clubs get gazzumped, clubs and/or players change their minds it always has and always will happen.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

We've appeared to have upset them on 11:38 - Nov 3 with 1288 viewsJoe_bradshaw

There’s no certainty that Liverpool were upset at all. This is a blog that suggests that, according to some journalist from The Athletic, events may have soured relations between Liverpool and the Swans.

I call bollocks and the journalistic need to fill some space with a different angle after he had a good game on the weekend.

This sort of thing happens all the time in football and I doubt Liverpool are upset at all.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We've appeared to have upset them on 12:21 - Nov 3 with 1258 viewsonehunglow

We've appeared to have upset them on 11:38 - Nov 3 by Joe_bradshaw

There’s no certainty that Liverpool were upset at all. This is a blog that suggests that, according to some journalist from The Athletic, events may have soured relations between Liverpool and the Swans.

I call bollocks and the journalistic need to fill some space with a different angle after he had a good game on the weekend.

This sort of thing happens all the time in football and I doubt Liverpool are upset at all.

Spoken to 2 Liverpool fan this morning and neither was aware of any such feeling.

Frankly, we are not on their fan base radar any more now we are out of the big boys league.

We've appeared to have upset them on 12:51 - Nov 3 with 1239 viewsBadlands

How about transfer windows for management?
We might well still be in th Prem if we hadn't had the Guidolon, Bradley, Curtis, Clement Autumn fiasco.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

We've appeared to have upset them on 14:41 - Nov 3 with 1196 viewsCatullus

We've appeared to have upset them on 12:51 - Nov 3 by Badlands

How about transfer windows for management?
We might well still be in th Prem if we hadn't had the Guidolon, Bradley, Curtis, Clement Autumn fiasco.

I've always felt sorry for Guidolin, he was just getting things going when they canned him. Still in the Prem though, hmmm?

We've appeared to have upset them on 13:36 - Nov 5 with 1036 viewsReslovenSwan1

We've appeared to have upset them on 14:41 - Nov 3 by Catullus

I've always felt sorry for Guidolin, he was just getting things going when they canned him. Still in the Prem though, hmmm?

The problem was recruitment. Mr Ledbetter brought in too many diuff players at the end of the day.

Monk lost Bony and got Eder and Tabanou.

Guidolin lost an on fire Ayew and got Borja and Fer but was saved by demanding Llorente.

Clement lost Llorente and Sigurdson and got a crocked Bony a crocked Sanches and Clucas.

Too much to manage.

Wise sage since Toshack era

We've appeared to have upset them on 17:54 - Nov 5 with 972 viewsNortbankboy

We've appeared to have upset them on 13:36 - Nov 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The problem was recruitment. Mr Ledbetter brought in too many diuff players at the end of the day.

Monk lost Bony and got Eder and Tabanou.

Guidolin lost an on fire Ayew and got Borja and Fer but was saved by demanding Llorente.

Clement lost Llorente and Sigurdson and got a crocked Bony a crocked Sanches and Clucas.

Too much to manage.

Credit to the Americans,they sold james,Mcbernie and Gordon

For £47.5 mill plus add ons.And now we got a stronger squad.

Credit where it is due.
We've appeared to have upset them on 18:38 - Nov 5 with 956 viewsNotLoyal

We've appeared to have upset them on 17:54 - Nov 5 by Nortbankboy

Credit where it is due.

Lots of credit. Millions of pounds of it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

We've appeared to have upset them on 19:15 - Nov 5 with 941 viewsCatullus

We've appeared to have upset them on 17:54 - Nov 5 by Nortbankboy

Credit where it is due.

Absolutely, after all, where would James fit in this team now? McB we could use but otherwise, the football has improved, the squad is balanced and has more depth and we look financially secure too.

There are plenty of clubs who'd be happy to be in our position right now.

We've appeared to have upset them on 19:36 - Nov 5 with 928 viewsjackrabbit

We've appeared to have upset them on 18:38 - Nov 5 by NotLoyal

Lots of credit. Millions of pounds of it.

That’s why I find some of our fans’ attitude to Andre Ayew a bit perverse. I’ve read statements like ‘we need to get him off our books’ or ‘we could get 2 or 3 players for what we’re paying him’.
As if any savings made by selling Ayew would immediately be ploughed back into the team. Dream on. I don’t care how much the club are paying him - that’s the owners’ problem. My view is that his high wages does us a big favour - nobody wants to take them on, so he stays with us. And we benefit by having one of the most talented players in the division playing for us ...oh and regularly scoring for us. Andre Ayew is a little gem and we are incredibly lucky to have him. Long may it last.
We've appeared to have upset them on 20:11 - Nov 5 with 912 viewsFireboy2

We've appeared to have upset them on 19:36 - Nov 5 by jackrabbit

That’s why I find some of our fans’ attitude to Andre Ayew a bit perverse. I’ve read statements like ‘we need to get him off our books’ or ‘we could get 2 or 3 players for what we’re paying him’.
As if any savings made by selling Ayew would immediately be ploughed back into the team. Dream on. I don’t care how much the club are paying him - that’s the owners’ problem. My view is that his high wages does us a big favour - nobody wants to take them on, so he stays with us. And we benefit by having one of the most talented players in the division playing for us ...oh and regularly scoring for us. Andre Ayew is a little gem and we are incredibly lucky to have him. Long may it last.

And he gives 100 % every game, i dont think many stars who drop down from the PL would be as committed as andre.
We've appeared to have upset them on 22:10 - Nov 5 with 884 viewsjackrabbit

We've appeared to have upset them on 20:11 - Nov 5 by Fireboy2

And he gives 100 % every game, i dont think many stars who drop down from the PL would be as committed as andre.

Hear! Hear!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024