Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea 18:56 - Nov 3 with 2912 viewsKeithHaynes

The Owls have lost their previous four matches, failing to score in the last three. The summer’s points deduction for financial fair play breaches puts them ten points from safety. The defeats seem to be getting progressively worse. To lose to Brentford was no shame, and they at least showed second-half spirit. But they followed defeat to Luton Town with a second successive red card and a 3-0 collapse at derby rivals Rotherham United, then quadrupled Wycombe Wanderers’ points tally on Saturday.

“We know we’re only one game away from putting it back on track.
“This is a big club with a big, passionate — loyal — fanbase and the noises will always be bigger but I’ve got to keep focused on what we need to do.

“Probably the best example I’ll ever have was at Swansea where we had the best Premier League season we’d ever had, the highest position we’d ever finished, started the next season well and within five games the noise wasnt there and I never understood it.

“There’s no one more determined than me, there’s no one unhappier when we don’t win games but you always have to have that fire in you to put it right and so do the players and I do believe they’ve got that in them but we have to deliver it with actions.

Cheers Garry, enjoy tonight :-)

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 13:11 - Nov 4 with 927 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 09:10 - Nov 4 by Dr_Winston

If anyone has yet to read his book I recommend you do so. It gives a remarkable insight into his personality.

He comes across as extremely thin skinned and prone to carrying grudges, which in retrospect seems quite obvious.

You seem to know a lot about grudges and not letting things go yourself Jobs

Have a day off mun

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 14:55 - Nov 4 with 889 viewsonehunglow

Nige.
Mad innit.Here we are in #2020.Im amazed and grateful to still be here but what do I read ....Laudrup,Robinson,Monk all good assets for us who have long since departed and are utterly farm all to do with anything now apart from keep squabbles going. Some have been going for Ten years .I ll say that again.TEN years .

I can’t remember lyrics from many of my favourite songs nor indeed what I did last week let alone TEN years ago.

Life is spinning by and we are wasting precious time
Think of those who d love to be around.
Some folks leave well before they are ready

Love and leave the past where it is,folks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 15:19 - Nov 4 with 887 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 14:55 - Nov 4 by onehunglow

Nige.
Mad innit.Here we are in #2020.Im amazed and grateful to still be here but what do I read ....Laudrup,Robinson,Monk all good assets for us who have long since departed and are utterly farm all to do with anything now apart from keep squabbles going. Some have been going for Ten years .I ll say that again.TEN years .

I can’t remember lyrics from many of my favourite songs nor indeed what I did last week let alone TEN years ago.

Life is spinning by and we are wasting precious time
Think of those who d love to be around.
Some folks leave well before they are ready

Love and leave the past where it is,folks

Yes agreed.

All good people and you can add others like Roberto Martinez, Lee Trundle. Club legends undoubtedly and good men

It’s probably insecurity in themselves and /or jealousy where some feel the need to harp on... and on and on

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 15:51 - Nov 4 with 873 viewsReslovenSwan1

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 15:19 - Nov 4 by swancity

Yes agreed.

All good people and you can add others like Roberto Martinez, Lee Trundle. Club legends undoubtedly and good men

It’s probably insecurity in themselves and /or jealousy where some feel the need to harp on... and on and on

The vilification of Monk is quite astonishing. Par for the course. Football fans are nevous sensitive beasts and very easily led by those playing certain triggers. Almost all are very concious of loyalty. " If you want loyalty buy a dog". as the old saying goes. As the QC said legal action is last resort. This is "eating the same dog".

The fact is Monk has had 3 or 4 top jobs and biggish clubs since booted out of Swansea. Laudrup on the other hand has toodled around Arabia living the good life no doubt. No one has taken a risk on him since he left Swansea. Personal wealth growth may have been Laudrup's priority and weakness. Monk would have not been sacked when he was if Swansea had Scott as chief scout not Ledbetter. Scott could have done some serious business with £15m of the £28m Swansea got for Bony. The only thing I have against Mr Jenkins is his loyalty to his head of recriutment.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 16:41 - Nov 4 with 839 viewsonehunglow

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 15:19 - Nov 4 by swancity

Yes agreed.

Not sure it is ;more a matter of wanting to always appear more knowledgeable or witty or simply a better fan.F F S. It bleeds my soul ,so it does,to see such utter ,naked bitterness and insularity on a football site.
If I go to my grave the wrongest man on the planet it won't bother me. at all.

God knows,we've had multiple spats over probably 10 yrs or more but I can't remember anything at all that would want me to rake it up years later. I've probably wanted to stove your head in ,at the time ,had we been in the same room , but it couldn't have been that bad ,on reflection.

Merry christmas anyway,although I hate it myself;you enjoy it.

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 09:50 - Nov 5 with 765 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 15:51 - Nov 4 by ReslovenSwan1

The vilification of Monk is quite astonishing. Par for the course. Football fans are nevous sensitive beasts and very easily led by those playing certain triggers. Almost all are very concious of loyalty. " If you want loyalty buy a dog". as the old saying goes. As the QC said legal action is last resort. This is "eating the same dog".

The fact is Monk has had 3 or 4 top jobs and biggish clubs since booted out of Swansea. Laudrup on the other hand has toodled around Arabia living the good life no doubt. No one has taken a risk on him since he left Swansea. Personal wealth growth may have been Laudrup's priority and weakness. Monk would have not been sacked when he was if Swansea had Scott as chief scout not Ledbetter. Scott could have done some serious business with £15m of the £28m Swansea got for Bony. The only thing I have against Mr Jenkins is his loyalty to his head of recriutment.

And failed at every one - even being suspected of serious wrongdoings in at least two, maybe three of them.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 10:06 - Nov 5 with 763 viewsNotLoyal

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 15:51 - Nov 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Monk booted out of Swansea.
Oh yes, nothing like having the tables turned on you like he tried with Laudrup.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 10:38 - Nov 5 with 755 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 09:50 - Nov 5 by Brynmill_Jack

And failed at every one - even being suspected of serious wrongdoings in at least two, maybe three of them.

Failed “

That’s simply not true

Given the circumstances he did a reasonably good job at each of his Clubs Swansea included

At S Weds now he’s fighting an uphill battle against the odds. It’s easy to snipe from some distance without knowing any of the facts ..

Login to get fewer ads

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 11:51 - Nov 5 with 712 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 10:38 - Nov 5 by swancity

Failed “

That’s simply not true

Given the circumstances he did a reasonably good job at each of his Clubs Swansea included

At S Weds now he’s fighting an uphill battle against the odds. It’s easy to snipe from some distance without knowing any of the facts ..

FACT - he undermined Sousa
FACT - he undermined Laudrup to cosy up with Jenkins to have his job.
FACT - Garry Monk only cares about Garry Monk. He broke up our most successful side , arguably our best footballing side ever just because he was deemed (correctly) surplus to requirements. He deserves all the sh*t he gets.

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 12:14 - Nov 5 with 701 viewsswancity

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 11:51 - Nov 5 by Brynmill_Jack

FACT - he undermined Sousa
FACT - he undermined Laudrup to cosy up with Jenkins to have his job.
FACT - Garry Monk only cares about Garry Monk. He broke up our most successful side , arguably our best footballing side ever just because he was deemed (correctly) surplus to requirements. He deserves all the sh*t he gets.

He didn't. Those aren't facts either.

As Club Captain he had every right to discuss concerns with Paulo Sousa. For example his reluctance to select Lee Trundle, in preference to Beattie Pintado etc

Laudrup appeared to be losing interest. There was some unrest in the squad but you simply can't blame that on Monk.

Monk remember got us up to 8th. That took some doing although it's accepted that the style was changing. It's a results business though isn't it.

He served Swansea well. I'll leave it at that.

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 12:41 - Nov 5 with 683 viewstheloneranger

He's smiling today, with Sheff Weds having their -12 points penalty halved.

So today they are 6 points better off.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 15:05 - Nov 5 with 656 viewsBoundy

I do wonder where these ended up

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/inside-swansea-citys-

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 20:56 - Nov 9 with 537 viewsThornburyswan

Boom, gone!
Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 08:33 - Nov 10 with 450 viewsgrabsplatter

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 12:14 - Nov 5 by swancity

As Club Captain he had every right to discuss concerns with Paulo Sousa. For example his reluctance to select Lee Trundle, in preference to Beattie Pintado etc

Laudrup appeared to be losing interest. There was some unrest in the squad but you simply can't blame that on Monk.

Monk remember got us up to 8th. That took some doing although it's accepted that the style was changing. It's a results business though isn't it.

Going to the manager with his concerns is one thing, going to the chairman behind the managers back is something completely different.
Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 09:22 - Nov 10 with 438 viewsswan65split

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 12:14 - Nov 5 by swancity

"Monk remember got us up to 8th. That took some doing although it's accepted that the style was changing. It's a results business though isn't it."

Result is, we are where we are, because of that change!
Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 12:55 - Nov 10 with 405 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 09:22 - Nov 10 by swan65split

"Monk remember got us up to 8th. That took some doing although it's accepted that the style was changing. It's a results business though isn't it."

Result is, we are where we are, because of that change!

You can’t reason with him. And to think he’s a writer for the evening post. On football!!!

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 13:15 - Nov 10 with 398 viewsonehunglow

And this debate is about a manager who left us how many year ago?

Long gone-as is Laudrup.

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 16:30 - Nov 10 with 376 viewsswan65split

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 12:55 - Nov 10 by Brynmill_Jack

You can’t reason with him. And to think he’s a writer for the evening post. On football!!!

Oh, .... I don't buy the Post anymore!
Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 23:30 - Nov 11 with 301 viewstheloneranger

Tony Pulis is favourite to take over from Monk.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 08:16 - Nov 12 with 270 viewsOptimisticJack

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 08:33 - Nov 10 by grabsplatter

Going to the manager with his concerns is one thing, going to the chairman behind the managers back is something completely different.

It's the Swansea Way ( the bad side of it) unfortunately.
This practice was first started by Martinez when he was club captain. He undermined Kenny Jackett behind his back to Huw Jenkins to achieve his goal of becoming manager.
Monk becomes captain.
Monk then goes on to do the same a few years later.
Monkey sees monkey does.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 8:18]

Optimisticjack

Garry Monk : Toast tonight if Sheff Weds lose : Has a pop at Swansea on 10:06 - Nov 12 with 245 viewsonehunglow

There again,if we'd had a Chairman with some nous,he would simply have kicked Monk out of his office. Our problems started and ended with Jenkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024