Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Falkland mine clearance 09:54 - Nov 14 with 2518 viewsfelixstowe_jack

One good news story. The Falkans Islands has been declared land mine free after the estimated 13,000 land mines laid by the Argentinians during their invasion have finally been cleared after 40 years.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Falkland mine clearance on 10:00 - Nov 14 with 2087 viewsonehunglow

Ah ,laid by those lovely chaps who thought they could march into a British territory.

Good read ,thanks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Falkland mine clearance on 10:05 - Nov 14 with 2082 viewschad

Excellent news, awful things
Falkland mine clearance on 10:20 - Nov 14 with 2069 viewsCatullus

Can they bring them here and lay them across Offa's dyke! That'll stop those pesky English eh Kilkenny

I reckon someone will "find" another one some day. That's the problem with land mines, specially more modern one's, they're hard to find.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Falkland mine clearance on 10:21 - Nov 14 with 2067 viewsonehunglow

Falkland mine clearance on 10:20 - Nov 14 by Catullus

Can they bring them here and lay them across Offa's dyke! That'll stop those pesky English eh Kilkenny

I reckon someone will "find" another one some day. That's the problem with land mines, specially more modern one's, they're hard to find.

River Dee a natural boundary.I've swam in it ffs

Falkland mine clearance on 10:36 - Nov 14 with 2061 viewsCatullus

Falkland mine clearance on 10:21 - Nov 14 by onehunglow

Stops us Welsh getting out too

I'm a fair weather swimmer to be honest, I haven't swum since we came home from Rhodes last year. The Med is great, like a bath.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Falkland mine clearance on 10:52 - Nov 14 with 2060 viewsonehunglow

Falkland mine clearance on 10:36 - Nov 14 by Catullus

Stops us Welsh getting out too

I'm a fair weather swimmer to be honest, I haven't swum since we came home from Rhodes last year. The Med is great, like a bath.

I love swimming and thank God I'm till a strong swimmer. Mrs and I used to go 3 times per week prior to lockdown and I d do 50 lengths a session -a Im getting older now and don't overdo matters.I miss it terribly.

We started to wild swim and use Hanmer Mere near Wrexham.A large lake with a sandy beach that only locals seem to know.Pretty idyllic in a lovely part of Wales.We also pop down to Ludlow area and swim in the rivers there.

Leinwardine...

Falkland mine clearance on 13:15 - Nov 14 with 2038 viewsNotLoyal

Loved our time in the Falklands, the odd sheep exploding was as fiesty as it got..

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Falkland mine clearance on 13:36 - Nov 14 with 2025 viewschad

Falkland mine clearance on 10:21 - Nov 14 by onehunglow

Piranha and crocs in it post the great divide, so go carefully when swimming. Could end up like Pac-Man.

Although Tramps and I are hoping to annex Chester and Cumbria etc. And the whole Somerset, Devon, Cornwall peninsula.
Login to get fewer ads

Falkland mine clearance on 13:37 - Nov 14 with 2024 viewsonehunglow

Falkland mine clearance on 13:36 - Nov 14 by chad

Piranha and crocs in it post the great divide, so go carefully when swimming. Could end up like Pac-Man.

Although Tramps and I are hoping to annex Chester and Cumbria etc. And the whole Somerset, Devon, Cornwall peninsula.

LOL. You won't get the Wirral ,or at least east Wirral

Falkland mine clearance on 13:56 - Nov 14 with 2020 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Really good news.
It is amazing that they contnue to kill long after the conflict ends that they have not been banned by International convention.
Falkland mine clearance on 14:00 - Nov 14 with 2019 viewsGroo

I see Argentina are complaining they were not allowed to participate in the removal of the mines.

Groo does what Groo does best

Falkland mine clearance on 15:34 - Nov 14 with 2003 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Landmines were banned by an international convention in 1997. To date 150 countries have signed upto this convention

Falkland mine clearance on 15:46 - Nov 14 with 1998 viewsbritferry

oh good, Barry will be pleased

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Falkland mine clearance on 17:41 - Nov 14 with 1980 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland mine clearance on 10:00 - Nov 14 by onehunglow

Ah ,laid by those lovely chaps who thought they could march into a British territory.

Good read ,thanks

They were conscripts, they had little or no choice.

Beware of the Risen People

Falkland mine clearance on 19:50 - Nov 14 with 1968 viewsBoundy

Sobering thought that there still remains in Vietnam an estimated 800,000 tons of unexploded bombs left over from the war that ended more than 40 years ago and even the battlefields of France & Belgium have a bi annual "iron harvest" where the locals collect the ammunitions they find to be disposed of by the military .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Falkland mine clearance on 20:32 - Nov 14 with 1960 viewsonehunglow

Falkland mine clearance on 17:41 - Nov 14 by Kilkennyjack

Did you support them as you did the Irish rebels.

Its British lads that the mines killed.British included Welsh.

Falkland mine clearance on 21:21 - Nov 14 with 1949 viewsHighjack

Falkland mine clearance on 19:50 - Nov 14 by Boundy

Sobering thought that there still remains in Vietnam an estimated 800,000 tons of unexploded bombs left over from the war that ended more than 40 years ago and even the battlefields of France & Belgium have a bi annual "iron harvest" where the locals collect the ammunitions they find to be disposed of by the military .

In Cambodia they have highly trained rats that search for land mines.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Falkland mine clearance on 21:31 - Nov 14 with 1944 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland mine clearance on 20:32 - Nov 14 by onehunglow

Did you support them as you did the Irish rebels.

Its British lads that the mines killed.British included Welsh.

You are a nutter.

Saying that you cant blame the Argentinian conscript soldiers is not the same as offering anyone support. If you were an Argie conscript (through a pure fluke of nation of birth) then you would have laid those mines. They had no choice.
The blame is solely with the right wing Argentinuan junta government who ordered these actions.

No doubt if you were Argentinian you would support such a dreadful government.
And thats the difference between us.
I think further than a flag - you should try it.

Falkland mine clearance on 21:40 - Nov 14 with 1938 viewsCatullus

Falkland mine clearance on 21:31 - Nov 14 by Kilkennyjack

You are a nutter.

Saying that you cant blame the Argentinian conscript soldiers is not the same as offering anyone support. If you were an Argie conscript (through a pure fluke of nation of birth) then you would have laid those mines. They had no choice.
The blame is solely with the right wing Argentinuan junta government who ordered these actions.

Even if that flag is St Georges cross?

I tend to agree though, many of the argie soldiers were conscripts but I reckon those laying mines would have been experienced troops.
Most of those conscripts were poorly equipped, badly trained and even faced abuse and torture from their own officers. Many of them have spoken about it and official documents have confirmed it.

Falkland mine clearance on 22:07 - Nov 14 with 1930 viewsBoundy

Falkland mine clearance on 21:40 - Nov 14 by Catullus

Even if that flag is St Georges cross?

I tend to agree though, many of the argie soldiers were conscripts but I reckon those laying mines would have been experienced troops.
Most of those conscripts were poorly equipped, badly trained and even faced abuse and torture from their own officers. Many of them have spoken about it and official documents have confirmed it.

Timing is everything, if it wasn't for the fact that Chile had been moving troops into the border area between themselves and Argentina due to the ongoing Beagle Channel dispute,then they would have deployed higher quality troops ,that's not to say there weren't any as there was but not enough to make the difference .One other factor was that the Argentine 3rd Brigade had just released conscripts who had finished their national service and were returning to civilian life so you can imagine how p*****d off having been told no sorry you're off to fight a war .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Falkland mine clearance on 22:53 - Nov 14 with 1927 viewsGroo

Falkland mine clearance on 22:07 - Nov 14 by Boundy

Timing is everything, if it wasn't for the fact that Chile had been moving troops into the border area between themselves and Argentina due to the ongoing Beagle Channel dispute,then they would have deployed higher quality troops ,that's not to say there weren't any as there was but not enough to make the difference .One other factor was that the Argentine 3rd Brigade had just released conscripts who had finished their national service and were returning to civilian life so you can imagine how p*****d off having been told no sorry you're off to fight a war .

Galtiari didn't expect Britain to do more than complain to the UN. His next step was to invade Chile to take those Islands.

Chile was getting ready to defend themselves, this is why Chile assisted Britain with intelligence etc during the conflict.

Groo does what Groo does best

Falkland mine clearance on 00:02 - Nov 15 with 1920 viewsJack_Kass

There's a good documentary about Ricky Villa, and Ossie Ardilles, regarding them playing for Spurs at the time of the conflict, it's called 'White, Blue and White', it's apart of the ESPN 30 for 30 Series.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6safoy

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Falkland mine clearance on 08:28 - Nov 15 with 1880 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Falkland mine clearance on 17:41 - Nov 14 by Kilkennyjack

Don't think any soldiers, theirs our ours, had any choice. They just obeyed orders.

Falkland mine clearance on 08:40 - Nov 15 with 1878 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Falkland mine clearance on 21:31 - Nov 14 by Kilkennyjack

You are a nutter.

I doubt dictatorship really care about being so called right wing or left wing. They are just dictatorships imposing their will on the population

They are just in it for the power and usually for the money they steal as well.

Left wing and right wing only really have much meaning in Democratic societies.

So called left wing dictators such as Stalin Mugabe or right wing such as Hitler are just dictators.

Falkland mine clearance on 09:47 - Nov 15 with 1867 viewsKilkennyjack

Falkland mine clearance on 08:28 - Nov 15 by felixstowe_jack

Don't think any soldiers, theirs our ours, had any choice. They just obeyed orders.

First time i have ever agreed with you on any topic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024