Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread 19:13 - Nov 15 with 867 viewsbritferry

I have issues with him as a person but there is no taking away from him as a driver, best I've ever seen. (never saw Jim Clarke, who I think would have set some records for his time, if he hadn't died in a crash)

Watched it this morning, won going away from the rest after starting down the grid. On a wet track that was oily due to it being relayed last week. Everybody seemed to have problems except him and ended up winning very easily.

Thoroughly deserved 7th championship, should make it 8 next season with the car he has.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 20:04 - Nov 15 with 837 viewsDr_Winston

On a damp, cold track that almost everyone else had major problems dealing with he was imperious. His tyres were basically slicks by the end yet he maintained complete control. For all the "it's just down to the car" types, he ended up lapping his team mate in identical machinery.

He is by some distance the best of his generation and up there on the all time list. The things he gets criticised about are commonplace amongst drivers (living in Monaco for instance) yet other, white, drivers rarely take the stick he does for them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 20:22 - Nov 15 with 834 viewsgrabsplatter

He makes himself an easy target with some of his social media stuff but purely as a racing driver he's exceptional & undoubtedly one of the best ever.
Being quick is one thing but what amazes me is his ability to combine blinding speed with hardly ever making a mistake.
Verstappen has comparable speed but makes way more errors.
a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 20:28 - Nov 15 with 823 viewsDr_Winston

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 20:22 - Nov 15 by grabsplatter

He makes himself an easy target with some of his social media stuff but purely as a racing driver he's exceptional & undoubtedly one of the best ever.
Being quick is one thing but what amazes me is his ability to combine blinding speed with hardly ever making a mistake.
Verstappen has comparable speed but makes way more errors.

The sheer consistency is a big factor.

He might have one bad weekend a season. Rarely two. Session after session, race after race. No mistakes. That forces other drivers to take risks and make mistakes themselves. He's basically destroyed Vettel as an opponent. His head has gone completely.

Mad Max is probably closest to him at the moment in terms of natural talent but like you say, he still hasn't worked out when to gamble and when to be sensible. If he manages that then he could dominate once Hamilton packs it in.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2020 20:30]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 07:43 - Nov 16 with 769 viewsjackal

You can't really compare the old driver's and those of today.

Is Hamilton better than Nuvalari, Fangio, Ascari, Moss etc? No one can say.

They were real drivers. Today's drivers are helped with computers on every aspect of the car.

Completely different.
a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 09:58 - Nov 16 with 742 viewsCatullus

I don't doubt he's a great driver but how good is hard to say. Of his generation he's the best by a way....or maybe one day we should send them all out in the same basic cars and then we'll know.
Judging him against drivers of the past is impossible. Maybe as Winston says, it's the consistency. His judgement is absolutely spot on. He knows when to and when not to whereas other drivers get it wrong.
I don't doubt that in 2022 the record books will say he was the best ever and, seeing as he can only race against those of his time, you still have to say it's one hell of an achievement.

Maybe those white drivers aren't getting any verbals because they aren't getting busy on social media? Why should a persons voice only be heard if they are rich and famous?

It's like I said about Rashford, he starts one media campaign and gets a gong, there are black people out there who've spent decades doing charitable work who got nothing.

The system is corrupt.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 11:11 - Nov 16 with 728 viewsfelixstowe_jack

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 09:58 - Nov 16 by Catullus

I don't doubt he's a great driver but how good is hard to say. Of his generation he's the best by a way....or maybe one day we should send them all out in the same basic cars and then we'll know.
Judging him against drivers of the past is impossible. Maybe as Winston says, it's the consistency. His judgement is absolutely spot on. He knows when to and when not to whereas other drivers get it wrong.
I don't doubt that in 2022 the record books will say he was the best ever and, seeing as he can only race against those of his time, you still have to say it's one hell of an achievement.

Maybe those white drivers aren't getting any verbals because they aren't getting busy on social media? Why should a persons voice only be heard if they are rich and famous?

It's like I said about Rashford, he starts one media campaign and gets a gong, there are black people out there who've spent decades doing charitable work who got nothing.

The system is corrupt.

He latest pronouncements
He is biracial and a "colourist"

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 11:29 - Nov 16 with 728 viewsonehunglow

He's the outstanding driver of his time.

As for the greatest ever?That i down to personal opinion and he is not ,in my opinion.

Impossible to compare eras,like Boxing

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 12:12 - Nov 16 with 712 viewsJoe_bradshaw

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 07:43 - Nov 16 by jackal

You can't really compare the old driver's and those of today.

Is Hamilton better than Nuvalari, Fangio, Ascari, Moss etc? No one can say.

They were real drivers. Today's drivers are helped with computers on every aspect of the car.

Completely different.

This is true but if you listen to someone like Wolff who has massive experience, he says what sets Hamilton apart is his feel for the car and his technical knowledge which enables him to inform the technicians in detail what is needed to improve performance.

That and the fact that he’s incredibly quick and adaptable to conditions.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 12:26 - Nov 16 with 705 viewsDr_Winston

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 12:12 - Nov 16 by Joe_bradshaw

This is true but if you listen to someone like Wolff who has massive experience, he says what sets Hamilton apart is his feel for the car and his technical knowledge which enables him to inform the technicians in detail what is needed to improve performance.

Schumacher did the same with Ferrari. Had a couple of learning years then the car was bulletproof.

A driver's input into car development is hugely important to the process, unless you're a freak like Adrian Newey.

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 12:48 - Nov 16 with 697 viewsAndyCole

Often misunderstood by the envious.

His interview post Romagna where he described his pre-match nerves and excitement says so much about him.

Hard work and dedication on top of such a rare natural talent is a rare gift.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 13:48 - Nov 16 with 671 viewsjackal

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 12:12 - Nov 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Good point.

The same is said about Lauda and Prost. In fact Prost was known as the Professor because of his ability to find and identify any problems with his car.
a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 14:31 - Nov 16 with 658 viewsHighjack

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 12:26 - Nov 16 by Dr_Winston

Schumacher did the same with Ferrari. Had a couple of learning years then the car was bulletproof.

A driver's input into car development is hugely important to the process, unless you're a freak like Adrian Newey.

If you look at the stats alone Hamilton and Schumacher are so far ahead of everybody else it’s almost unbelievable. Senna probably could have joined them but nobody else comes close.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 15:32 - Nov 16 with 646 viewsCatullus

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 11:11 - Nov 16 by felixstowe_jack

He latest pronouncements
He is biracial and a "colourist"

Does that mean we aren't allowed to say mixed race then? Colourist eh, my wife needs her hair dyed!

The race thing still gets me, us humans are all...ALL crossbreeds. The sooner we accept that and stop these stupid race driven arguments the better.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 20:27 - Nov 19 with 589 viewsAndy1300

And this is why he’s a bit of an idiot!

Number 1 team in Wales

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 21:38 - Nov 19 with 562 viewsVincent_Vega

I’ve said on previous threads as a f1 driver, amazing talent. As a person? Massive div in my insignificant opinion. Not the only sports person who falls into this type of category and not the last.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 18:23 - Nov 22 with 504 viewsAndy1300

So he is in line for a knighthood then.

Who will kneel, him or the Queen?.

Number 1 team in Wales

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 19:28 - Nov 22 with 485 viewsonehunglow

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 15:32 - Nov 16 by Catullus

Does that mean we aren't allowed to say mixed race then? Colourist eh, my wife needs her hair dyed!

The race thing still gets me, us humans are all...ALL crossbreeds. The sooner we accept that and stop these stupid race driven arguments the better.

Mixed race replaced half caste.
Now black /white/colored, and gender is questioned.

Really we are no better off as a specie finding names for each other.

Labels can be changed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

a belated Lewis Hamilton World Champion thread on 08:08 - Dec 1 with 414 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The next grand prix is likely to be the best race of the season. Hamilton is self isolating so we will see a new winner. It will be interesting to see who drives the Mercedes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024