Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mumbles 09:24 - Nov 18 with 2210 viewsbritferry

The Welsh coastal village named as Britain's top house price hotspot

Not a bad article considering its a Caaardiff rag... Barry Island will be fuming

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/welsh-homes/mumbles-house-prices-sale-ri

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Mumbles on 10:06 - Nov 18 with 1340 viewsCatullus

It was a lovely place to live, to grow up in. I wouldn't move back there if I won the lottery though. Too many NIMBY OAP's and if it's a good summer you can hardly move.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mumbles on 10:10 - Nov 18 with 1333 viewsonehunglow

Mumbles on 10:06 - Nov 18 by Catullus

It was a lovely place to live, to grow up in. I wouldn't move back there if I won the lottery though. Too many NIMBY OAP's and if it's a good summer you can hardly move.

It is part of Swansea not seperate.

The snobby aspect is a selling point making it detached from the City.

I lived in Myrtle Terrace. Summers rammed with day trippers,winters bleak in the slate grey gloom of wind and rain. Nice run over to Langland and Caswell though.

Swimming in Mumbles isnt great either.

That said,when fine,a lovely spot

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mumbles on 10:43 - Nov 18 with 1316 viewsCatullus

Mumbles on 10:10 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

It is part of Swansea not seperate.

The snobby aspect is a selling point making it detached from the City.

I lived in Myrtle Terrace. Summers rammed with day trippers,winters bleak in the slate grey gloom of wind and rain. Nice run over to Langland and Caswell though.

Swimming in Mumbles isnt great either.

That said,when fine,a lovely spot

Where did I say it was seperate? I consider myself a Jack though many wouldn't because I was born in Mumbles. My dads family are from Tichbourne Street, I lived on Newton Road and Castle Avenue.

Swimming in Swansea Bay isn't great but Caswell was good just usually cold and murky. It's why I love the Med, it's like a bath and calm clear too, apart from the Aegean.

When the sun is shining many places look great.......except Ebbw Vale!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Mumbles on 10:46 - Nov 18 with 1312 viewsonehunglow

You didnt .I was quoting from the Report on house prices in Mumbles,described as away from city but near enough for amenities

Mumbles on 10:52 - Nov 18 with 1308 viewsBoundy

Mumbles on 10:46 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

You didnt .I was quoting from the Report on house prices in Mumbles,described as away from city but near enough for amenities

Thats WoL's little dig, anything as nice as Mumbles cannot be part of "slumland" Swansea

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mumbles on 10:55 - Nov 18 with 1306 viewsCatullus

Mumbles on 10:46 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Ah sorry, I didn't bother reading it. For my money Mumbles has always been overpriced. Take the house I'm living in now, in Mumbles an identical house would cost 3 times as much without having 3 times as much to offer.

Mumbles on 11:33 - Nov 18 with 1290 viewsBoundy

Mumbles on 10:55 - Nov 18 by Catullus

Ah sorry, I didn't bother reading it. For my money Mumbles has always been overpriced. Take the house I'm living in now, in Mumbles an identical house would cost 3 times as much without having 3 times as much to offer.

Location , location, location is everything. My house if plonked down in Mumbles would be valued at 300k + as opposed to 120k its current value ad yet I have great views of Swansea and the upper Swansea valley

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Mumbles on 11:39 - Nov 18 with 1282 viewsonehunglow

Where I love more so.

Any sight of the sea and it goes up significantly.

It really is about location and schools

Login to get fewer ads

Mumbles on 11:46 - Nov 18 with 1273 viewsWhiterockin

Mumbles on 11:39 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Where I love more so.

Any sight of the sea and it goes up significantly.

It really is about location and schools

And networking for parents and children. It does open many doors.
Mumbles on 11:53 - Nov 18 with 1264 viewsonehunglow

Mumbles on 11:46 - Nov 18 by Whiterockin

And networking for parents and children. It does open many doors.

The peninsular I live on has to be one of the mot diverse in the UK.Vast range of socio-economic villages,and towns and hamlets.

Best schools with best support and some of the worst.

It has always been so in the 40 yrs Ive lived so and suppose it shows nothing really changes .

Some land in West Kirby overlooking a marine lake (for wind surfing ,sailing) went for sale and a small block of apartments were built with prices a good 30/40 % higher than similiar away from the coast. They were snapped up in no time. No problem with finding buyers. Now,as they sit on their balconies,sipping a chilled Chardy, they gawp on those who in turn gawp at them as they troll along the prom.
Dumb aren't we

Mumbles on 11:54 - Nov 18 with 1261 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mumbles on 10:43 - Nov 18 by Catullus

Where did I say it was seperate? I consider myself a Jack though many wouldn't because I was born in Mumbles. My dads family are from Tichbourne Street, I lived on Newton Road and Castle Avenue.

Swimming in Swansea Bay isn't great but Caswell was good just usually cold and murky. It's why I love the Med, it's like a bath and calm clear too, apart from the Aegean.

When the sun is shining many places look great.......except Ebbw Vale!

I think he was alluding to the Wales online headline "welsh village "

I think Mumbles became part of Swansea county borough in 1888, you can't expect a Wales online journalist to be up to date with the history of Wales.

I think there were calls a few years back to have a referendum. Should it be called a town or a village by the local community council. I think the leader wanted to be called the mayor and a village can't have a mayor but a town can.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Mumbles on 12:01 - Nov 18 with 1247 viewsonehunglow

I was directly quoting from a piece desrribing the hot spot Mumbles is for housing.

I opine snobs will desribe Mumbles a a de facto village seperate from Swansea. It i what make this great ugly lovely sprawling mixed up City of my birth

Mumbles on 12:07 - Nov 18 with 1244 viewsCatullus

Mumbles on 11:54 - Nov 18 by felixstowe_jack

I think Mumbles became part of Swansea county borough in 1888, you can't expect a Wales online journalist to be up to date with the history of Wales.

I think there were calls a few years back to have a referendum. Should it be called a town or a village by the local community council. I think the leader wanted to be called the mayor and a village can't have a mayor but a town can.

I think you are right,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/mumbles-leaders-just-renamed-villa

And interestingly they wanted to decide how to elect a Mayor but didn't mention having a vote. I don't remember the community council being very democratic when I was young. It seemed dominated by old NIMBY's Maurice somebody and Peggy Jones....they fought against any changes that didn't suit the old. Tey stopped Mumbles Rangers redeveloping Underhill, stopped Brian Jones' planned seafront development, they objected to everything that younger people wanted. Or that's how I remember it anyway.

Mumbles on 12:27 - Nov 18 with 1234 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mumbles on 12:07 - Nov 18 by Catullus

I think you are right,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/mumbles-leaders-just-renamed-villa

And interestingly they wanted to decide how to elect a Mayor but didn't mention having a vote. I don't remember the community council being very democratic when I was young. It seemed dominated by old NIMBY's Maurice somebody and Peggy Jones....they fought against any changes that didn't suit the old. Tey stopped Mumbles Rangers redeveloping Underhill, stopped Brian Jones' planned seafront development, they objected to everything that younger people wanted. Or that's how I remember it anyway.

There was an article in daily telegraph December 2017 if you want to Google it.

Mumbles on 12:30 - Nov 18 with 1233 viewsonehunglow

Mumbles on 12:07 - Nov 18 by Catullus

I think you are right,

Most desirable areas are pretty NIMBY mainly to keep out the Plebs ,ho if they move in,will lower the tone. I remember many snoooty people in Mumbles .

Mumbles on 12:37 - Nov 18 with 1220 viewsWhiterockin

Mumbles on 11:54 - Nov 18 by felixstowe_jack

When I was growing up in Mumbles during the 50s and 60s it was nothing like now and it really seemed like a village. Swansea was Swansea and Mumbles was Mumbles they seemed to be worlds apart. Now it seems to all part of the same, but things do seem different when you are a child.
Mumbles on 12:42 - Nov 18 with 1213 viewspencoedjack

Barry Island & Mumbles shouldn't even be mentioned in the same post.

Barry is a shitehole, another part of East Wales being filled with 1/2 bedroom flats that in a few years will resemble the hideous ones you see on the mud banks as you go into C****f.

Although there are some nice parts of Barry the majority is full of druggies & their dealers.
Mumbles on 13:15 - Nov 18 with 1196 viewsonehunglow

Hope the lovely e paul doesnt read that

Mumbles on 15:01 - Nov 18 with 1157 viewspencoedjack

Mumbles on 13:15 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Hope the lovely e paul doesnt read that

Oh fuk I forgot about him
Mumbles on 15:56 - Nov 18 with 1137 viewsonehunglow

I 'll never forget him.Stayed at ours twice. Good lad,hate his politics but he is at least genuine and a simple soul who sees the good in people. Totally different to me as I look out for the bad, for if you know the bad ,you know how to deal.

A friendship ruined however through a third party

Mumbles on 17:10 - Nov 18 with 1121 viewsYrAlarch

Some time ago Zita Jones on US TV described Mumbles as a 'Catholic Fishing Village'.

The Yanks love that kind of crap.

I think she lived there for a few months when she was a young girl and subsequently bought a house in Plunch Lane.
Mumbles on 17:42 - Nov 18 with 1100 viewsbritferry

Mumbles on 17:10 - Nov 18 by YrAlarch

Some time ago Zita Jones on US TV described Mumbles as a 'Catholic Fishing Village'.

I think she lived there for a few months when she was a young girl and subsequently bought a house in Plunch Lane.

Treboeth girl but Mumbles sounds better. I think they won the bingo and originally moved down by Clyne golf club (I think)

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Mumbles on 18:10 - Nov 18 with 1093 viewsCatullus

Mumbles on 17:42 - Nov 18 by britferry

Treboeth girl but Mumbles sounds better. I think they won the bingo and originally moved down by Clyne golf club (I think)

Yeah they lived in the Mayals and her nan lived in West X I think. I used to serve her dad and brother in the pub I worked in. She was a pretty girl and seemed quite nice (only saw her in the pub once though) but now she seems lost in showbiz. Her father was tidy but her brother I remember as a bit of a chav....maybe I'm just being snooty!

Mumbles on 21:52 - Nov 18 with 1058 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Mumbles on 17:10 - Nov 18 by YrAlarch

A hafod girl who's family moved to the mayals.

Mumbles on 00:28 - Nov 19 with 1020 viewscontroversial_jack

Mumbles on 12:42 - Nov 18 by pencoedjack

Barry Island & Mumbles shouldn't even be mentioned in the same post.

Barry is a shitehole, another part of East Wales being filled with 1/2 bedroom flats that in a few years will resemble the hideous ones you see on the mud banks as you go into C****f.

Although there are some nice parts of Barry the majority is full of druggies & their dealers.

I agree, Barry is a shithole
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024