Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Maximum profit from human misery. 10:38 - Nov 21 with 5109 viewsLohengrin

There’s an interesting feature in today’s Guardian about the manufacture of PPE by slave labour in red China. Globalists need to read it.

I hope those of you who are cheerleading the prospect of a Biden/Harris administration realise you’re pressing the accelerator on obscenity.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:50 - Nov 21 with 3595 viewsCatullus

There's always been profit in misery. BLM go on about racism and slavery and have a go at white people but want to ignore that some peoples were in slavery back then and still are today. It's only the slave masters that have changed, or at least their belief system has anyway.
All across Asia there is slavery, sweat shops and the western world turns a blind eye as long as we get cheap goods. Meanwhile China becomes a trading behemoth, raking in massive profits and spending it buyig up the West.
We are practically throwing the world at China and the rich westerners don't care, as long as they get ever richer.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:06 - Nov 21 with 3588 viewsNeath_Jack

People want goods as cheap as they can.

Everyone who posts in this thread will be guilty of it.

But let’s blame Biden instead 😂😂

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:06 - Nov 21 with 3588 viewsNortbankboy

The problem is with Biden and trump.
Was it was a choice between dog shyte and cat shyte
Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:09 - Nov 21 with 3586 viewsLohengrin

Maximum profit from human misery. on 10:50 - Nov 21 by Catullus

There's always been profit in misery. BLM go on about racism and slavery and have a go at white people but want to ignore that some peoples were in slavery back then and still are today. It's only the slave masters that have changed, or at least their belief system has anyway.
All across Asia there is slavery, sweat shops and the western world turns a blind eye as long as we get cheap goods. Meanwhile China becomes a trading behemoth, raking in massive profits and spending it buyig up the West.
We are practically throwing the world at China and the rich westerners don't care, as long as they get ever richer.

That’s the pit free trade has digged for the West.

Just look at where we are: mass consumption without the concomitant production, all fuelled by debt and based on easy credit. It’s a house without foundation incapable of weathering storm.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 13:53 - Nov 21 with 3539 viewsCatullus

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:06 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

I've been guilty of it plenty of times but these days I am far more discerning. Possibly because so much of the cheap Chinese crap has broken after a few days. I got small torch once, one of these so called military style, really powerful ones that you can focus the beam on.
It arrived, the battery went after 3 days and when I took the battery out to recharge it, the thing fell apart and never worked again.

Lesson learnt!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:23 - Nov 21 with 3497 viewsFieryJack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 13:53 - Nov 21 by Catullus

I've been guilty of it plenty of times but these days I am far more discerning. Possibly because so much of the cheap Chinese crap has broken after a few days. I got small torch once, one of these so called military style, really powerful ones that you can focus the beam on.
It arrived, the battery went after 3 days and when I took the battery out to recharge it, the thing fell apart and never worked again.

Lesson learnt!

You should get yourself one of these.

Mag-lites. Made in California. Not cheap, though.

Last a life time. Had my fetching purple one for years.

Widely used by US police, and so heavy they can double up as a makeshift truncheon, which might be why the police favour them. 🤔
Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:40 - Nov 21 with 3487 viewsCatullus

Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:23 - Nov 21 by FieryJack

You should get yourself one of these.

Mag-lites. Made in California. Not cheap, though.

Last a life time. Had my fetching purple one for years.

Widely used by US police, and so heavy they can double up as a makeshift truncheon, which might be why the police favour them. 🤔

Good shout. A 3D cell Maglite sounds good but it's £65!

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:01 - Nov 21 with 3481 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 18:40 - Nov 21 by Catullus

Good shout. A 3D cell Maglite sounds good but it's £65!

I know where you can get a cheap Chinese copy

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:36 - Nov 21 with 3458 viewsFieryJack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:01 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

I know where you can get a cheap Chinese copy

Exactly. That's the thing.

As Catullus says, we all want the cheapest, and it's for that reason that these far eastern sweatshops exist.

That maglite is still manufactured in California, so much of the price reflects US labour costs. If they transferred production to Vietnam they could reduce the retail price and still make a big profits. It's good that the company chooses to keep Americans in work, I think.

It's massive companies like Nike and Apple that really get my goat. They use cheap far eastern labour and still charge absurdly inflated prices for their products.

An iPhone for £999 - how much would that be if Apple were forced to produce them on US soil? £5000?
Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:37 - Nov 21 with 3447 viewsKilkennyjack

I am guessing that President elect Biden in fact had absolutely nothing to do with placing this order.

Those of you cheerleading former President Trump need to answer the question you have posed Loh.

Beware of the Risen People

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:53 - Nov 21 with 3445 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 11:06 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

No, not everyone, I would buy British if I could.
Have you actually tried to?
It is almost impossible to find every day things that are not made in China.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:58 - Nov 21 with 3439 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:53 - Nov 21 by A_Fans_Dad

No I haven't, I just pop onto Amazon, Currys, or whatever and buy what i was looking for. Don't give a second thought from where it comes from. Also shop in Tesco, and don't read the labels of where that is from either.

Guess what, I'm your typical honest South Wales bloke. Not someone on a nerd forum trying to gain kudos from others.

Forgot, I've bought apple phones since the first one come out.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 20:34 - Nov 21 with 3412 viewsDr_Winston

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:53 - Nov 21 by A_Fans_Dad

One of the more notable things about the early days of the Covid situation was how many supply chains ended in China. That's something Governments have to rectify. There has to be a domestic production capacity for stuff like PPE, even if it spends most of its time mothballed until needed.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 20:35 - Nov 21 with 3421 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:58 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

No I haven't, I just pop onto Amazon, Currys, or whatever and buy what i was looking for. Don't give a second thought from where it comes from. Also shop in Tesco, and don't read the labels of where that is from either.

Guess what, I'm your typical honest South Wales bloke. Not someone on a nerd forum trying to gain kudos from others.

Sorry, I don't have an apple phone, I am making do with my old Motorola Rzor.
Where are the kudos for paying more for something?
I just like to support the UK if I can.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 20:42 - Nov 21 with 3416 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 20:35 - Nov 21 by A_Fans_Dad

Sorry, I don't have an apple phone, I am making do with my old Motorola Rzor.
Where are the kudos for paying more for something?
I just like to support the UK if I can.

No need to apologise, people buy and use whichever phone suits their needs.
No but it looks good on a forum doesn't it, another kind of virtue signalling. Look at me, all wholesome and lovely, supporting local.

Then switch back a couple of weeks, and those same people were up in arms because they couldn't buy their non-essentials whilst they are in Tesco / Asda etc. Instead, they dressed it up as being drippy Drakefords fault. Where was the sympathy for the local little independent shops then, they didn't care a toss for them then, because it gave them an opportunity to have a bash at Welsh Labour.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 21:15 - Nov 21 with 3392 viewsGwyn737

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:58 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

Make you think mind, doesn’t it.

I’ve got a bit of a thing about food so will try and support my local butcher/green grocer/fishmonger.

When it comes to electrics and books etc. I default to Amazon without a second thought.
Maximum profit from human misery. on 21:24 - Nov 21 with 3387 viewsDJack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 20:42 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

No but it looks good on a forum doesn't it, another kind of virtue signalling. Look at me, all wholesome and lovely, supporting local.

Then switch back a couple of weeks, and those same people were up in arms because they couldn't buy their non-essentials whilst they are in Tesco / Asda etc. Instead, they dressed it up as being drippy Drakefords fault. Where was the sympathy for the local little independent shops then, they didn't care a toss for them then, because it gave them an opportunity to have a bash at Welsh Labour.

But, but, virtue signalling is a thing only lefties do...

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Maximum profit from human misery. on 23:09 - Nov 21 with 3360 viewsLohengrin

Maximum profit from human misery. on 20:42 - Nov 21 by Neath_Jack

That post is an object lesson in the curiously cucked form of narcissism that would try to appear strident while simultaneously begging for affirmation.

Don’t use your own behaviour as a universal datum, it isn’t.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 23:10]

Maximum profit from human misery. on 23:10 - Nov 21 with 3355 viewsLohengrin

Maximum profit from human misery. on 21:24 - Nov 21 by DJack

But, but, virtue signalling is a thing only lefties do...

It is.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 23:41 - Nov 21 with 3329 viewsLohengrin

Maximum profit from human misery. on 20:34 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

One of the more notable things about the early days of the Covid situation was how many supply chains ended in China. That's something Governments have to rectify. There has to be a domestic production capacity for stuff like PPE, even if it spends most of its time mothballed until needed.

Advocating a revival in domestic production makes you march out of step though, Doc.

The thing is to put your hands in the air apparently while crawling about on your knees.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 00:00 - Nov 22 with 3308 viewsDr_Winston

Maximum profit from human misery. on 23:41 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

Advocating a revival in domestic production makes you march out of step though, Doc.

The thing is to put your hands in the air apparently while crawling about on your knees.

I'd settle for supply chains ending in India. They'll be next once the Chinese middle class realises that their aspirations are a bit higher than slaving away to make iPhones.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 07:09 - Nov 22 with 3278 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 21:15 - Nov 21 by Gwyn737

Make you think mind, doesn’t it.

I’ve got a bit of a thing about food so will try and support my local butcher/green grocer/fishmonger.

When it comes to electrics and books etc. I default to Amazon without a second thought.

When i was growing up, Gwyn, I had a couple of independent butchers, grocers, at least 3 different bakers, literally a stone's throw from my house. All gone and replaced mostly with take away shops. Off the top of my head, the next closest independents would be in Neath market now.

If those old shops were still where they were in my childhood, I've no doubt I would use them as well. I could go to Neath market, but it isn't convenient to me (I'm lazy like that), it's far easier to go to one superstore, where I can get everything in one place, park outside the door, and fill the car (German make) up with Diesel.

Maximum profit from human misery. on 07:11 - Nov 22 with 3277 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 23:09 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

That post is an object lesson in the curiously cucked form of narcissism that would try to appear strident while simultaneously begging for affirmation.

Don’t use your own behaviour as a universal datum, it isn’t.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 23:10]

Yeah that'll be it.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 7:36]

Maximum profit from human misery. on 08:20 - Nov 22 with 3255 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 19:36 - Nov 21 by FieryJack

Exactly. That's the thing.

As Catullus says, we all want the cheapest, and it's for that reason that these far eastern sweatshops exist.

That maglite is still manufactured in California, so much of the price reflects US labour costs. If they transferred production to Vietnam they could reduce the retail price and still make a big profits. It's good that the company chooses to keep Americans in work, I think.

It's massive companies like Nike and Apple that really get my goat. They use cheap far eastern labour and still charge absurdly inflated prices for their products.

An iPhone for £999 - how much would that be if Apple were forced to produce them on US soil? £5000?

Globalisation has set us on a collision course with all manner of environmental problems, extinctions , climate chance etc etc. I’ve never had any decent product in China. A company I used to work for uses Chinese steel. It would be so poor and full of cracks that it would knacker our bandsaw.

And we’ve enabled this as consumers I agree. All started with the “liberation” of Eastern Europe by those philanthropists Reagan and Thatcher

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Maximum profit from human misery. on 08:31 - Nov 22 with 3252 viewsNeath_Jack

Maximum profit from human misery. on 23:41 - Nov 21 by Lohengrin

Nobody has said that either have they.

But don't let the truth get in the way of a rabble rousing post.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024