Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the UK epidemic almost over? 14:24 - Nov 21 with 1023 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Former Pfizer Vice President and Immunologist

https://m.facebook.com/unlockedunitedkingdom/videos/exclusive-to-unlocked-mike-y
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 14:26]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 14:27 - Nov 21 with 1010 viewsCatullus

No

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 14:31 - Nov 21 with 1003 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 14:27 - Nov 21 by Catullus

No

Judging by the speed of your reply you did not listen to this guy's perspective based on many years of relevant experience and expertise. It is worth a listen. In these of communication bias exploring alternative perspectives is important.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 14:33]

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 14:45 - Nov 21 with 983 viewsProfessor

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 14:31 - Nov 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

Judging by the speed of your reply you did not listen to this guy's perspective based on many years of relevant experience and expertise. It is worth a listen. In these of communication bias exploring alternative perspectives is important.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 14:33]

We are nowhere near herd immunity levels. As explained on the vaccine thread there is no evidence that cross reactive T cells are protective. He is a pharmacologist- worked mainly on asthma treatments.
He is certainly not an expert in infection immunity
Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 15:18 - Nov 21 with 975 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 14:45 - Nov 21 by Professor

We are nowhere near herd immunity levels. As explained on the vaccine thread there is no evidence that cross reactive T cells are protective. He is a pharmacologist- worked mainly on asthma treatments.
He is certainly not an expert in infection immunity

I'm not saying he's right but he has alternative perspectives that effectively provide a basis for testing hypotheses for example his observations about false positives during mass testing for example are interesting and everyone seems to agree that false positives do present distortions and are an issue with amplified tests.

He claims to have spent a lifetime in research around respiratory diseases including immunology so I'd say worth exploring his perspective.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 15:31]

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 15:33 - Nov 21 with 971 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 15:18 - Nov 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

I'm not saying he's right but he has alternative perspectives that effectively provide a basis for testing hypotheses for example his observations about false positives during mass testing for example are interesting and everyone seems to agree that false positives do present distortions and are an issue with amplified tests.

He claims to have spent a lifetime in research around respiratory diseases including immunology so I'd say worth exploring his perspective.

The Portugese court has said so based on the evidence presented to them.
It revolves around the number of cycles they use, anything over 35 produces more and more errors.
Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 16:30 - Nov 21 with 942 viewsProfessor

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 15:33 - Nov 21 by A_Fans_Dad

The Portugese court has said so based on the evidence presented to them.
It revolves around the number of cycles they use, anything over 35 produces more and more errors.

But most positives are Ct 18-30. Also worth noting the PHE validation showed culturable virus beyond 35 cycles. There is certainly an argument of sequencing products at that level to confirm
Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 18:15 - Nov 21 with 905 viewsCatullus

Is the UK epidemic almost over? on 15:18 - Nov 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

He can have a different perspective but we are months away from the end of the pandemic. Even once the vaccine is rolled out it will take a fair while to get to everybody. The end is probably in sight but almost over, nope.

Just my non expert opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024