Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... 17:44 - Nov 21 with 725 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 21:03 - Nov 28 with 610 viewsNortbankboy

.The shape of their balls
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 7:41]
The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 01:32 - Nov 29 with 578 viewsKeithHaynes

The difference may well be rugby’s fascination with football. And football not caring a great deal ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 06:43 - Nov 29 with 562 viewsbuilthjack

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 01:32 - Nov 29 by KeithHaynes

The difference may well be rugby’s fascination with football. And football not caring a great deal ?

The rugby boys even say that they are playing great football

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:05 - Nov 29 with 532 viewsonehunglow

Difference between Rugby League Grand Final and that Shute yesterday was light and day .

Our Union lads look appallingly lacking in basic skills and were blowing after 20 mins. England clearly in second gear and taking the pea.

How can a professional hooker consistently miss his jumpers these days.

None of our lads would last one half of RL.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 18:52 - Nov 29 with 499 viewsbuilthjack

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:05 - Nov 29 by onehunglow

Difference between Rugby League Grand Final and that Shute yesterday was light and day .

Our Union lads look appallingly lacking in basic skills and were blowing after 20 mins. England clearly in second gear and taking the pea.

Probably the reason they were super fit under Edwards. Ex rugby league.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 19:24 - Nov 29 with 486 viewsonehunglow

Yes Ken but why are our lad still lacking.Why do they need geeing up when even playing England.

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 09:57 - Nov 30 with 412 viewsHighjack

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:05 - Nov 29 by onehunglow

They do look incredibly unfit. There are far more stoppages in rugby and they play ten minutes less. There’s also less sprinting and changing direction in rugby. Footballers on the whole seem to be far superior athletes. Probably because they are much further ahead with professionalism. Still a big drinking culture in welsh rugby

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:26 - Nov 30 with 404 viewsonehunglow

Morning.
Thanks for that reply.
Not sure I agree with footballers being better athletes. In RL ,particularly ,there is no respite and constant fierce tackling which breaks him rhythm and the hits hurt. Tacking in football now doesn't do this.

The ball is never out of play in League whereas Union see endless retaken scrums where beer guts are pretty evident. Ryan Elias ,to me,,looked sh'gged after 15 mins-Samson Lee a physical obscenity. Repulsive.

Ive played both and there are many times a back in Union is redundant but that not really the case in League. Union ,at its best, however is glorious and sight to wonder at but you have to be very good for that and many Welsh players now are not. I was fortunate to be in my physical prime during the Edwards.JPR.Gerald golden age so memories remain sanguine of the game.

I came north and went to league to watch Widnes when Jiffy Devereux, and Moriarty were there and also have fond memories of League. Watching Jiffy at Widnes,Gibbs at Saints and the wonderful Allan Bateman at Wire was wonderful and also profoundly sad.

Enjoy the day High

Login to get fewer ads

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:40 - Nov 30 with 401 viewsAndyCole

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:26 - Nov 30 by onehunglow

Morning.
Thanks for that reply.
Not sure I agree with footballers being better athletes. In RL ,particularly ,there is no respite and constant fierce tackling which breaks him rhythm and the hits hurt. Tacking in football now doesn't do this.

The ball is never out of play in League whereas Union see endless retaken scrums where beer guts are pretty evident. Ryan Elias ,to me,,looked sh'gged after 15 mins-Samson Lee a physical obscenity. Repulsive.

Ive played both and there are many times a back in Union is redundant but that not really the case in League. Union ,at its best, however is glorious and sight to wonder at but you have to be very good for that and many Welsh players now are not. I was fortunate to be in my physical prime during the Edwards.JPR.Gerald golden age so memories remain sanguine of the game.

I came north and went to league to watch Widnes when Jiffy Devereux, and Moriarty were there and also have fond memories of League. Watching Jiffy at Widnes,Gibbs at Saints and the wonderful Allan Bateman at Wire was wonderful and also profoundly sad.

Enjoy the day High

Fully concur re League vs Union - we would stand a chance in League. We seem unable to compete with England's monsters up front in particular.

Reduce the numbers from 15 to 13 in Union (a la League) and ditch 2 of the fat forwards, give more space for the backs to run - which is where we have a natural flare and edge.

Or just play League.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:51 - Nov 30 with 395 viewsonehunglow

Ive never understood the Welsh obsession with Union. Union was created in an English public school and still has a leaning towards a middle class pursuit;nothng wrong with that.My son played in a "posh" club in millionaire land at Caldy RFC. People ok but utterly unlike those one would meet in the Globe/Alma/Railway prior to game .

RL heartland is Mill ,Mining ,Steel,Fishing industries -all hard graft work which south Wales did for centuries. Both areas lost hundreds of thousands of jobs in the 80s,both areas still not recovered. More on common than not.

So,no better athletes footballers are not.

I recall reading Roy Keane going on about watching the Irish national rugby team under BoD and he was gobmacked at the intensity at training which he said footballers would be terrified even the so called hard men.

Vinny Jones once trained at St Helens and was cast aside by Gary Connolly ,who was a Centre. His agent pulled him off immediately.

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 13:20 - Nov 30 with 383 viewsFireboy2

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:40 - Nov 30 by AndyCole

Fully concur re League vs Union - we would stand a chance in League. We seem unable to compete with England's monsters up front in particular.

Reduce the numbers from 15 to 13 in Union (a la League) and ditch 2 of the fat forwards, give more space for the backs to run - which is where we have a natural flare and edge.

Or just play League.

That's exactly what the northern union (as it RL was called then) did over 100 years ago to make the game more attractive to lure more punters in to watch.

By getting rid of the flankers it as you say made more space on the pitch which obviously made for a more creative game.

The boys at twickers will never ever ever do that as it follows what RL did and they will never follow any of RLs forward thinking ideas.
The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 13:44 - Nov 30 with 372 viewsHighjack

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 10:51 - Nov 30 by onehunglow

Ive never understood the Welsh obsession with Union. Union was created in an English public school and still has a leaning towards a middle class pursuit;nothng wrong with that.My son played in a "posh" club in millionaire land at Caldy RFC. People ok but utterly unlike those one would meet in the Globe/Alma/Railway prior to game .

RL heartland is Mill ,Mining ,Steel,Fishing industries -all hard graft work which south Wales did for centuries. Both areas lost hundreds of thousands of jobs in the 80s,both areas still not recovered. More on common than not.

So,no better athletes footballers are not.

I recall reading Roy Keane going on about watching the Irish national rugby team under BoD and he was gobmacked at the intensity at training which he said footballers would be terrified even the so called hard men.

Vinny Jones once trained at St Helens and was cast aside by Gary Connolly ,who was a Centre. His agent pulled him off immediately.

Couldn’t the agent wait until they were back in the changing rooms to do that? Dirty bugger. Kids play on that pitch.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 13:47 - Nov 30 with 370 viewsonehunglow

The Difference Between Football and Rugby ... on 13:44 - Nov 30 by Highjack

Couldn’t the agent wait until they were back in the changing rooms to do that? Dirty bugger. Kids play on that pitch.

Saw what you did there High. Naughty boy

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024