Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ REACTION ! 12:35 - Nov 22 with 9184 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday
Liberty Stadium
Wednesday November 25th 2020
Kick off 7.45pm

LIVE a on SKY SPORTS
Swans TV
Radio Wales
Talk Sport 2

A Wednesday kick off at the Liberty, not something we are generally used to but as the next game is away to Nottingham Forest on a Sunday maybe there is some intelligent thought behind it. As it’s becoming evident we have to repeat things on here because some visitors dont grasp things very quickly there is possibly another reason. And that is because Sheffield Wednesday are playing the fixture - then it will go ahead on a Wednesday, just in case someone asks repeatedly the same question like -
‘What day is the game on ?’
Answer ‘Wednesday’
‘Who are the swans playing ?’
Answer ‘Wednesday’

There is a link you just have to think about it and not go on other Swansea City sites looking for a different answer to the quite obvious one you have been told. Right that aside, we will have a look a few things from Monday, hope you are all spiffing 😘 Stay safe and speak soon.

Cooper Pre match

The good people of Sheffield generally live in the Bramall Lane area of the city, which is in Sheffield. Sometimes people who live outside this area go to support Leeds or even Barnsley. The other club in Sheffield is called Wednesday, the reason for this name is because on Wednesdays all their fans, I think it’s about nine of them do dreadful things with their parents. Sheffield Wednesday were the most bentest club in the sixties and invented criminality, they did this by letting their players pocket around 4 shillings to throw games, everyone went to jail including people who didn’t even live in Sheffield or know where it is. They also pretend to have won the FA cup but I’ve got my doubts.

An owl yesterday

Wednesday on a Thursday used to play their home games at Bramall Lane on a Saturday and sometimes on a Monday. They have also played on Sunday’s and Fridays. It’s an amazing statistic. Five other people know this. They now play at another ground. If you visit Owlerton where Wednesday play ( they are called the owls ) but you won’t see any owls. In 1986 a local group of chaps called the BBC captured all the owls in Owlerton and sold them to a restaurant in Wolverton which is on the London line twixt Northampton and Euston. How this link occurred we don’t know, but many books on the BBC ( Big Bad Clowns ) have been written. The Owls did have an equivalent to the BBC but they were always running about shouting and going home quickly. They are, let’s say, a dying breed of owl. The barn owl is a favourite, but don’t think the owls are wise people they are not, they are a bit slow on the uptake and walk about Owlerton with their mouths open staring at things they see every day in disbelief. The goldfish bowl of Owlerton is an interesting place to go. But don’t go there, it’s rubbish and has no owls.

The history of the Pulis

The Pulis is an astonishingly repetitive character often seen hanging around pretty bad football clubs with his cap in his hand. He has two commands ‘get rid of it’ and ‘Lump it’ these are very intricate footballing coaching methods much sought after in the world of international football. A Pulis is now living in Wednesday, which is near Thursday but not Abergavenny or Aberystwyth. The common Pulis has a remarkably local accent to Newport, but as we know the people who live in Newport can’t speak so it’s probably a mistake. If a Pulis turns up at your football club you can be assured he will bring his coaching terminology with him. This will work for nine games, maybe eight then start to stumble and you will get relegated or killed or similar. A Pulis once won six games in a row then didn’t, and was sacked. When a Pulis won four games in row he was sacked then lost five and wasn’t. Wednesday are a religious club and once employed Monks to run their football team but the Monks had a Mrs, and well, we all know what happens there.

This is the religious Monk, another Pulis type but wears a school blazer and likes to look hard. He was in the inbetweeners

Garry or Gary as we like to call him once managed a Wednesday. But then got sacked, Monks always get sacked, it’s because they are shit at running football clubs. You can clearly see he has very odd ears which someone has stuck some counters on.

Match officials
ANDY WOOLMER
Michael George and Daniel Leach

Fourth Official : John Busby

Michael George Referee

The match spotlight will always fall on famous officials. In this case assistant referee (as he likes to be called) Michael George, pictured above in his referees suit, he is fairly well known. Many have carelessly whispered that last Christmas he stopped refereeing but that isn’t true. Not many people had faith in him, but they agreed to give him one more try. It’s not a fantasy that but This is how … he would never let the sun go down on his career, well after all, he knew we were waiting for him. Michael hates players celebrating, kissing a fool he calls it, Michael just wants players to have more freedom though when celebrating, not like they want sex of course, but he is praying for a time he is listened to. Michael once gave a presentation to the FA on corners, a different corner didn’t catch on, they called it too funky, especially for an outside game. One person did think it was amazing but called him a monkey for thinking it. Michael replied This is how I’m waiting for that day, but I do like spinning the wheel to give you everything she wants. He was punched in the face.

Latest news here 👍

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday Big Game Countdown 25th Nov 2020 15:34
A win tonight for the swans will see them firmly cement themselves in to the top six of the championship, and if augers well results wise in to third place. It’s a big game with plenty riding on it. 0

TEAM NEWS

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Jay Fulton, Joel Latibeaudiere, Andre Ayew, Kasey Palmer, Wayne Routledge, Oli Cooper, Tivonge Rushesha.

Sheffield Wednesday: Keiren Westwood, Liam Palmer, Joost van Aken, Callum Paterson, Barry Bannan (captain), Adam Reach, Julian Borner, Tom Lees, Jordan Rhodes, Massimo Luongo, Moses Odubajo.

Substitutes: Joe Wildsmith, Joey Pelupessy, Matt Penney, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Osaze Urhoghide, Izzy Brown, Liam Shaw, Alex Hunt, Elias Kachunga.

Referee: Andy Woolmer

Swansea City News, views and football reaction, without the prejudice.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ UPDATED on 19:24 - Nov 25 with 991 viewsraynor94

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ UPDATED on 19:14 - Nov 25 by Flashberryjack

Can't say I'm thrilled with that line up.

It's only one change from Saturday, and Ayew is on the bench, which is a pleasant surprise for me

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ UPDATED on 19:35 - Nov 25 with 967 viewsFlashberryjack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ UPDATED on 19:24 - Nov 25 by raynor94

It's only one change from Saturday, and Ayew is on the bench, which is a pleasant surprise for me

I'm not a fan of Smith, although he did boot the ball off the line in the last game.

Our only hope is, if Lowe starts to convert some of the chances, and the law of averages say he's due a goal.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:07 - Nov 25 with 884 viewsThornburyswan

80% possession so far but not one attempt on goal, feels like a long night!
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:12 - Nov 25 with 864 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

For someone who's only notable trait is running around a lot, Cullen rarely seems to run somewhere he can receive the ball.

It is like we're playing with ten men.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:14 - Nov 25 with 839 viewsFlashberryjack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:12 - Nov 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

For someone who's only notable trait is running around a lot, Cullen rarely seems to run somewhere he can receive the ball.

It is like we're playing with ten men.

Players don't look interested, 1 down already.

Hello

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:14 - Nov 25 with 839 viewsAnotherJohn

Soft goal conceded and looking toothless and short on creativity. I hope Ayew is fit enough to come on in the second half.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:15 - Nov 25 with 831 views34dfgdf54

stuck up for him in past but Smith having one big time.

We look awful.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:17 - Nov 25 with 805 viewsGeoffThom

Toothless in midfield grimes has to lear to turn on the ball
Aimlessly hitting balls forward Cullen offers nothing up front so far
Login to get fewer ads

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:17 - Nov 25 with 804 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Five foot ten, physically weak and with little to no intelligence in terms of coming short to receive a pass.

Playing against Cullen must be a central defender's dream.

Lowe is having to do the job of two players.

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:17 - Nov 25 with 804 viewstheloneranger

Typical Tony Pulis team, men behind the ball, frustrate the opposition and steal a goal from a set piece!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:19 - Nov 25 with 786 viewsTreforys_Jack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:17 - Nov 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Five foot ten, physically weak and with little to no intelligence in terms of coming short to receive a pass.

Kin'ell give the lad a chance ffs
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:21 - Nov 25 with 773 views34dfgdf54

Cullen unfortunately looking out of his depth here
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:23 - Nov 25 with 759 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:19 - Nov 25 by Treforys_Jack

Kin'ell give the lad a chance ffs

He's had about 6 or 7 chances to control the ball in their final third and I can't remember one time where he's held it up and passed it to a Swansea player.

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:23 - Nov 25 with 759 viewsjack_lord

I feel like my Grimes diatrube is about to begin. The sky arena guys are peeing me right off.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:24 - Nov 25 with 744 viewsFlashberryjack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:17 - Nov 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"Lowe is having to do the job of two players"

Can't even do his own job.

Hello

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:24 - Nov 25 with 743 viewsNortbankboy

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:21 - Nov 25 by 34dfgdf54

Cullen unfortunately looking out of his depth here

Need to change half time ayew and Fulton on please
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:25 - Nov 25 with 733 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:24 - Nov 25 by Flashberryjack

"Lowe is having to do the job of two players"

Can't even do his own job.

Watch whenever we get the ball into midfield. Lowe is busting a gut to come for a short pass on both sides of the pitch whereas Cullen is usually on the other side of the pitch, hiding behind a defender. This will be one of the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a Swansea player in a long time.

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:26 - Nov 25 with 716 viewsjasper_T

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:23 - Nov 25 by jack_lord

I feel like my Grimes diatrube is about to begin. The sky arena guys are peeing me right off.

How many ways has Lee Hendrie pronounced Yan Dhadanda so far? Like a parrot someone trained to commentate, doesn't get it quite right.

Korey Smith is a waste of a shirt. Makes the game harder for everyone around him, and first to moan when things go wrong.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:27 - Nov 25 with 708 viewsjasper_T

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:25 - Nov 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Watch whenever we get the ball into midfield. Lowe is busting a gut to come for a short pass on both sides of the pitch whereas Cullen is usually on the other side of the pitch, hiding behind a defender. This will be one of the worst 45 minutes I've seen from a Swansea player in a long time.

Not noticed Smith is playing then?
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:27 - Nov 25 with 705 viewsGeoffThom

Put cullen back in under 23s hes not a first team player at present
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:27 - Nov 25 with 705 views34dfgdf54

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:26 - Nov 25 by jasper_T

How many ways has Lee Hendrie pronounced Yan Dhadanda so far? Like a parrot someone trained to commentate, doesn't get it quite right.

Korey Smith is a waste of a shirt. Makes the game harder for everyone around him, and first to moan when things go wrong.

Smith and Cullen need to come off

This isn't doing Cullen any good at all
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:28 - Nov 25 with 702 viewsThrasher6

Pulus has done a number on us here....absolutely no chance of getting a result: Cooper v Pulis: only one winner sadly...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:28 - Nov 25 with 700 viewsbritferry

looking 2nd best so far

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:28 - Nov 25 with 698 viewsTreforys_Jack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:25 - Nov 25 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Yeah ok mate, we've got 10 outfield players having shockers atm.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 20:29 - Nov 25 with 691 viewsAnotherJohn

Arena commentator: "just running down blind alleys... no ball retention." Cullen is having a tough time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024