Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ REACTION ! 12:35 - Nov 22 with 9235 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday
Liberty Stadium
Wednesday November 25th 2020
Kick off 7.45pm

LIVE a on SKY SPORTS
Swans TV
Radio Wales
Talk Sport 2

A Wednesday kick off at the Liberty, not something we are generally used to but as the next game is away to Nottingham Forest on a Sunday maybe there is some intelligent thought behind it. As it’s becoming evident we have to repeat things on here because some visitors dont grasp things very quickly there is possibly another reason. And that is because Sheffield Wednesday are playing the fixture - then it will go ahead on a Wednesday, just in case someone asks repeatedly the same question like -
‘What day is the game on ?’
Answer ‘Wednesday’
‘Who are the swans playing ?’
Answer ‘Wednesday’

There is a link you just have to think about it and not go on other Swansea City sites looking for a different answer to the quite obvious one you have been told. Right that aside, we will have a look a few things from Monday, hope you are all spiffing 😘 Stay safe and speak soon.

Cooper Pre match

The good people of Sheffield generally live in the Bramall Lane area of the city, which is in Sheffield. Sometimes people who live outside this area go to support Leeds or even Barnsley. The other club in Sheffield is called Wednesday, the reason for this name is because on Wednesdays all their fans, I think it’s about nine of them do dreadful things with their parents. Sheffield Wednesday were the most bentest club in the sixties and invented criminality, they did this by letting their players pocket around 4 shillings to throw games, everyone went to jail including people who didn’t even live in Sheffield or know where it is. They also pretend to have won the FA cup but I’ve got my doubts.

An owl yesterday

Wednesday on a Thursday used to play their home games at Bramall Lane on a Saturday and sometimes on a Monday. They have also played on Sunday’s and Fridays. It’s an amazing statistic. Five other people know this. They now play at another ground. If you visit Owlerton where Wednesday play ( they are called the owls ) but you won’t see any owls. In 1986 a local group of chaps called the BBC captured all the owls in Owlerton and sold them to a restaurant in Wolverton which is on the London line twixt Northampton and Euston. How this link occurred we don’t know, but many books on the BBC ( Big Bad Clowns ) have been written. The Owls did have an equivalent to the BBC but they were always running about shouting and going home quickly. They are, let’s say, a dying breed of owl. The barn owl is a favourite, but don’t think the owls are wise people they are not, they are a bit slow on the uptake and walk about Owlerton with their mouths open staring at things they see every day in disbelief. The goldfish bowl of Owlerton is an interesting place to go. But don’t go there, it’s rubbish and has no owls.

The history of the Pulis

The Pulis is an astonishingly repetitive character often seen hanging around pretty bad football clubs with his cap in his hand. He has two commands ‘get rid of it’ and ‘Lump it’ these are very intricate footballing coaching methods much sought after in the world of international football. A Pulis is now living in Wednesday, which is near Thursday but not Abergavenny or Aberystwyth. The common Pulis has a remarkably local accent to Newport, but as we know the people who live in Newport can’t speak so it’s probably a mistake. If a Pulis turns up at your football club you can be assured he will bring his coaching terminology with him. This will work for nine games, maybe eight then start to stumble and you will get relegated or killed or similar. A Pulis once won six games in a row then didn’t, and was sacked. When a Pulis won four games in row he was sacked then lost five and wasn’t. Wednesday are a religious club and once employed Monks to run their football team but the Monks had a Mrs, and well, we all know what happens there.

This is the religious Monk, another Pulis type but wears a school blazer and likes to look hard. He was in the inbetweeners

Garry or Gary as we like to call him once managed a Wednesday. But then got sacked, Monks always get sacked, it’s because they are shit at running football clubs. You can clearly see he has very odd ears which someone has stuck some counters on.

Match officials
ANDY WOOLMER
Michael George and Daniel Leach

Fourth Official : John Busby

Michael George Referee

The match spotlight will always fall on famous officials. In this case assistant referee (as he likes to be called) Michael George, pictured above in his referees suit, he is fairly well known. Many have carelessly whispered that last Christmas he stopped refereeing but that isn’t true. Not many people had faith in him, but they agreed to give him one more try. It’s not a fantasy that but This is how … he would never let the sun go down on his career, well after all, he knew we were waiting for him. Michael hates players celebrating, kissing a fool he calls it, Michael just wants players to have more freedom though when celebrating, not like they want sex of course, but he is praying for a time he is listened to. Michael once gave a presentation to the FA on corners, a different corner didn’t catch on, they called it too funky, especially for an outside game. One person did think it was amazing but called him a monkey for thinking it. Michael replied This is how I’m waiting for that day, but I do like spinning the wheel to give you everything she wants. He was punched in the face.

Latest news here 👍

Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday Big Game Countdown 25th Nov 2020 15:34
A win tonight for the swans will see them firmly cement themselves in to the top six of the championship, and if augers well results wise in to third place. It’s a big game with plenty riding on it. 0

TEAM NEWS

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton; Connor Roberts, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Liam Cullen, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Jay Fulton, Joel Latibeaudiere, Andre Ayew, Kasey Palmer, Wayne Routledge, Oli Cooper, Tivonge Rushesha.

Sheffield Wednesday: Keiren Westwood, Liam Palmer, Joost van Aken, Callum Paterson, Barry Bannan (captain), Adam Reach, Julian Borner, Tom Lees, Jordan Rhodes, Massimo Luongo, Moses Odubajo.

Substitutes: Joe Wildsmith, Joey Pelupessy, Matt Penney, Fisayo Dele-Bashiru, Osaze Urhoghide, Izzy Brown, Liam Shaw, Alex Hunt, Elias Kachunga.

Referee: Andy Woolmer

Swansea City News, views and football reaction, without the prejudice.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:37 - Nov 25 with 1022 viewsTreforys_Jack

Really don't think Grimes and Smith can be in the same side.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:38 - Nov 25 with 1023 viewsGeoffThom

Drop that twaaaat now what an awful ball
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:38 - Nov 25 with 1023 viewsBrynmill_Jack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:37 - Nov 25 by Thornburyswan

5 mins added

How did we just f*ck that up???

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:39 - Nov 25 with 1012 viewsCatullus

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:37 - Nov 25 by Thornburyswan

5 mins added

Coem on Bennet, now!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:40 - Nov 25 with 1008 viewsFireboy2

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:29 - Nov 25 by jasper_T

Says maybe Cullen isn't ready for that £80k/week contract just yet.

(He also played two games in the international break compared to Ayew's one plus the game with us on the weekend but who's counting.)
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 21:33]

Dont know why you bothered replying jasper.

Something to do with us playing a bit further forward will have helped though.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 21:41]
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:40 - Nov 25 with 999 viewsAndyCole

Tvvat of a ref

That was a Goal, wtf

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:41 - Nov 25 with 989 viewspencoedjack

Another awful refereeing decision costs us.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:41 - Nov 25 with 986 viewsThrasher6

Where was the foul...and who...it was a goal

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Login to get fewer ads

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:42 - Nov 25 with 967 viewstheloneranger

Even Pulls thought it was a goal.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:42 - Nov 25 with 967 views34dfgdf54

When are these decisions going to even out then?

Shocking
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:43 - Nov 25 with 957 viewsThornburyswan

Solid point after a poor first half, clearly shows what Ayew gives us & encouraging that Cooper has learnt to change formation & get meaningful contributions from his subs when plan A is not working.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:45 - Nov 25 with 926 viewsFlashberryjack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:42 - Nov 25 by 34dfgdf54

Shocking

The ref wasn't very good was he?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:45 - Nov 25 with 923 viewsAnotherJohn

We are short in quality except for Ayew and one or two others on their day. When we have too many journeymen in the team together we look like a bottom-half team. We were unlucky right at the end, but today was a golden opportunity against an injury depleted side.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:45 - Nov 25 with 922 viewspencoedjack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:40 - Nov 25 by Fireboy2

Dont know why you bothered replying jasper.

Something to do with us playing a bit further forward will have helped though.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 21:41]

He should be banned from this board.

A tedious prick.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:45 - Nov 25 with 920 viewsBrynmill_Jack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:43 - Nov 25 by Thornburyswan

Solid point after a poor first half, clearly shows what Ayew gives us & encouraging that Cooper has learnt to change formation & get meaningful contributions from his subs when plan A is not working.

One thing he didn’t get right was keeping Grimes on. The number of times he showed a bit of pace running forward only to pass it sideways or backwards was shocking. Fulton goes forward - that’s what was needed.

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:47 - Nov 25 with 897 viewsCatullus

Disappointing but at least we didn't lose.

It wasn't a penalty, he was only a yard away so no for me. Was it a free kick to them, debatable.

It's long been a thing with us, we play well against top sides and struggle against the dross. What was that stat KH put up, no one outside the EPL top six has beaten Liverpool since we did in 2018.

I think, if there was any doubt, this shows we need another striker. Cullen needs some development, he's a bit naive at times.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:54 - Nov 25 with 829 viewsChief

Terrible refereeing. Pulis knew it, their player's didn't appeal for anything. It was either a penalty to us or a goal.

Never mind, still a point and the scum lost again.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:54 - Nov 25 with 828 viewsFireboy2

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:45 - Nov 25 by Brynmill_Jack

One thing he didn’t get right was keeping Grimes on. The number of times he showed a bit of pace running forward only to pass it sideways or backwards was shocking. Fulton goes forward - that’s what was needed.

This This FVCKING This ^^^
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:58 - Nov 25 with 792 viewssP7qupUf

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:45 - Nov 25 by Brynmill_Jack

Lets hope that West Ham firm up their so called interest in the next window.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:58 - Nov 25 with 784 viewsfelixstowe_jack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:42 - Nov 25 by 34dfgdf54

Shocking

I think that even out the handball by Bennett on Saturday.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:58 - Nov 25 with 784 viewssP7qupUf

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:42 - Nov 25 by theloneranger

Even Pulls thought it was a goal.

If it wasn't at the death it would have stood.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 22:00 - Nov 25 with 772 views34dfgdf54

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:58 - Nov 25 by felixstowe_jack

I think that even out the handball by Bennett on Saturday.

Yeah good shout, had the tinted specs on with my rage.
⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 22:05 - Nov 25 with 738 viewsCatullus

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:58 - Nov 25 by sP7qupUf

If it wasn't at the death it would have stood.

I will never for the life of me figure out why any referee will give a different decision depending on the time in the match a specific event occurs.

It's a foul or it isn't, there shouldn't be this idea that it's not a foul or is a foul because of when and/or where it happened.

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 22:08 - Nov 25 with 724 viewsBrynmill_Jack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 22:05 - Nov 25 by Catullus

I will never for the life of me figure out why any referee will give a different decision depending on the time in the match a specific event occurs.

It's a foul or it isn't, there shouldn't be this idea that it's not a foul or is a foul because of when and/or where it happened.

Guehi’s return will be very welcome. I think we’ll beat Forest on the weekend so not a disaster

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 22:10 - Nov 25 with 714 viewsfelixstowe_jack

⚽️Swansea City v Sheffield Wednesday : Matchday Thread ⚽️ TEAM NEWS ! on 21:45 - Nov 25 by Flashberryjack

The ref wasn't very good was he?

Neither were we tonight. Pullis team selection and tactics were spot on. First time this season we have defended badly at a corner.

Much better second half just shows how much we need Ayew.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024