Quantcast
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford vaccine 10:36 - Nov 26 with 133815 viewscontroversial_jack

Appears that it could only be 70% effective and not 90% , and none of those in the trial given the low dosage were over 55. Given that many won't have the vaccine and it's effectiveness is just 70% it's going to be a crock of shit

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/manufacturing-error-clouds-oxfords-covid-004332196.htm

Oxford vaccine on 10:48 - Nov 26 with 12734 viewspikeypaul

90 % for 1/2 dose followed by full dose after 4 weeks

70% for full dose followed by full dose after 4 weeks.

Funny to see the lefties hoping the vaccine does not work , but not surprising.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Oxford vaccine on 10:51 - Nov 26 with 12751 viewsScotia

70% isn't a crock of shit. It's 70% better than nothing and apparently 100% effective at preventing serious illness. It may also prevent asymptomatic infection.

The flu vaccine is usually no more than 60% effective.

We've got enough of the mrna vaccines for over a third of the population, and Oxford for the rest with more to come.

Could be better but an excellent start.
Oxford vaccine on 10:55 - Nov 26 with 12743 viewscontroversial_jack

Oxford vaccine on 10:51 - Nov 26 by Scotia

70% isn't a crock of shit. It's 70% better than nothing and apparently 100% effective at preventing serious illness. It may also prevent asymptomatic infection.

We've got enough of the mrna vaccines for over a third of the population, and Oxford for the rest with more to come.

30 in 100 not protected, plus those who have refused it will barely make 50% . it'a a crock of shit. No guarantee if works on over 55s either.

Oxford vaccine on 10:56 - Nov 26 with 12736 viewsonehunglow

Ive alway had flu jab and never had flu nor even a cold. So 70% would do me fine.

Why do people want this to fail?

Clearly,these people are sick and see conspiracy when there is clarity.

Without a vaccine,the world is on hold.

Jobs will vanish unless we get this vaccine up and running asap. Frankly, the likes of anti vaxers like Corbyn should be enough evidence to get a vaccine as soon as one can.

Poll: So,who is dwight.Let's nail this then

Oxford vaccine on 10:57 - Nov 26 with 12741 viewscontroversial_jack

Oxford vaccine on 10:48 - Nov 26 by pikeypaul

90 % for 1/2 dose followed by full dose after 4 weeks

70% for full dose followed by full dose after 4 weeks.

Funny to see the lefties hoping the vaccine does not work , but not surprising.

Article doesn't say that, it says both does equal 70% and over 55s not been trailed. I have always said vaccines don't work.If the theory behind it did work then it would work for everyone

Oxford vaccine on 10:58 - Nov 26 with 12720 viewspikeypaul

Sorry to p!as on your chips lefties but results are looking good,despite your desperation the virus gets worse.

The scum lefties really are showing their true colours in wanting it to fail.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 11:00]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

Oxford vaccine on 11:00 - Nov 26 with 12734 viewsonehunglow

Oxford vaccine on 10:57 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

Article doesn't say that, it says both does equal 70% and over 55s not been trailed. I have always said vaccines don't work.If the theory behind it did work then it would work for everyone

Police have something to do with this then.

Oxford vaccine on 11:00 - Nov 26 with 12739 viewsProfessor

Oxford vaccine on 10:51 - Nov 26 by Scotia

70% is very good. Generally anything over 50% is considered potentially usable. It's also an established system and stable. It's a very usable vaccine as a first wave. There can no doubt be improvements to efficacy and there will be a need to change the exact nature of the spike protein antigen over time as there will be mutation especially once we put a selectionary pressure on the virus (like vaccination).

I expect to see it in use by some point in January.
Login to get fewer ads

Oxford vaccine on 11:05 - Nov 26 with 12707 viewspikeypaul

Oxford vaccine on 10:57 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

So vaccines don't work unless they work for everyone?

Probably the most stupid thing I've ever heard on this forum.

So do you suggest no cancer treatment should be given to anyone since it does not cure everyone

Oxford vaccine on 11:06 - Nov 26 with 12722 viewsonehunglow

Oxford vaccine on 11:00 - Nov 26 by Professor

70% is very good. Generally anything over 50% is considered potentially usable. It's also an established system and stable. It's a very usable vaccine as a first wave. There can no doubt be improvements to efficacy and there will be a need to change the exact nature of the spike protein antigen over time as there will be mutation especially once we put a selectionary pressure on the virus (like vaccination).

Morning Paul.
Not for some it's not.

We have good news YET people are earnestly looking to dismiss this light in a dark tunnel that is killing our society as we know it.

It's social suicide

Oxford vaccine on 11:07 - Nov 26 with 12727 viewscontroversial_jack

Oxford vaccine on 11:00 - Nov 26 by Professor

No it's not, it's a crock of shit, stop being defensive of scientists and be honest. It's a huge disappointment and will not contribute towards herd immunity

If the US one can offer 94% then that's preferable
Oxford vaccine on 11:12 - Nov 26 with 12725 viewsProfessor

Oxford vaccine on 10:58 - Nov 26 by pikeypaul

Sorry to p!as on your chips lefties but results are looking good,despite your desperation the virus gets worse.

The scum lefties really are showing their true colours in wanting it to fail.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 11:00]

You are right Pikey as is Nurse Campbell

It works well and will make a huge difference to controlling SARS CoV2. The other matter, which people are conveniently forgetting, is that even where people became infected in the trial there were no severe cases. It won't eliminate the virus, but will reduce levels to allow a return to some normality, though would imagine face coverings in indoor spaces and on transport will remain for some time. Hopefully in a year or so we will have even more effective vaccines and perhaps even mucosal, needle free delivery.

I also know a number of people involved in the Oxford work (not well but professionally) and their work is of high integrity.
Oxford vaccine on 11:23 - Nov 26 with 12723 viewsProfessor

Oxford vaccine on 11:07 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

No it's not, it's a crock of shit, stop being defensive of scientists and be honest. It's a huge disappointment and will not contribute towards herd immunity

I'm a bloody immunologist CJ. Do you not expect me to defend people who have done a brilliant job in a short time.

No vaccine works for everyone-there are reasons behind that-we all differ in our capacity to produce an adaptive immune response to different antigens. We are reliant on a molecule called MHC Class II, which presents processed antigen (the epitope which is made up of nine amino acids) to T helper cell receptors. These activate the cell to produce messengers that activate either or a combination of a Th1 (cellular or T cell response) or a Th2 (humoral or antibody response). We have six MHC types individually, but many different across a population. If you don't have the right MHC to suit a particular antigen, then your response is weaker. Others will have defects or variances elsewhere in the system which make them poor responders more generally.

Equally the population variation means we are never 100% susceptible to an infectious agent- even the nastiest like Ebola or Marburg Virus reach around 60% mortality. We have individual variations of polymorphisms that make us able to respond to most things, but genetic variation protects a population.
Oxford vaccine on 11:27 - Nov 26 with 12718 viewsProfessor

Remember a vaccine and vaccination are not the same thing. It may be choice of 70% protection in 4 months or 90% protection in a year. The Oxford vaccine is far more practicable for quick roll out. Easier to produce and does not need ultra low temperature. We can look at the RNA vaccines and others in the pipeline for the next round and the most vulnerable. The low cost also make the Oxford vaccine more likely to be used in developing countries.
Oxford vaccine on 11:28 - Nov 26 with 12716 viewscontroversial_jack

Oxford vaccine on 11:23 - Nov 26 by Professor

I'm a bloody immunologist CJ. Do you not expect me to defend people who have done a brilliant job in a short time.

No vaccine works for everyone-there are reasons behind that-we all differ in our capacity to produce an adaptive immune response to different antigens. We are reliant on a molecule called MHC Class II, which presents processed antigen (the epitope which is made up of nine amino acids) to T helper cell receptors. These activate the cell to produce messengers that activate either or a combination of a Th1 (cellular or T cell response) or a Th2 (humoral or antibody response). We have six MHC types individually, but many different across a population. If you don't have the right MHC to suit a particular antigen, then your response is weaker. Others will have defects or variances elsewhere in the system which make them poor responders more generally.

Equally the population variation means we are never 100% susceptible to an infectious agent- even the nastiest like Ebola or Marburg Virus reach around 60% mortality. We have individual variations of polymorphisms that make us able to respond to most things, but genetic variation protects a population.

i know what your profession is and i'm not having a go at you. I'm just stating that the effect of vaccination has been far exaggerated, when other contributory factors have done more.
Oxford vaccine on 11:33 - Nov 26 with 12715 viewsProfessor

Oxford vaccine on 11:06 - Nov 26 by onehunglow

Morning Paul.
Not for some it's not.

We have good news YET people are earnestly looking to dismiss this light in a dark tunnel that is killing our society as we know it.

It's social suicide

Its unbelievable.

My friend and colleague Professor Julian Hiscox posted these words on twitter earlier:

"I will get the vaccine. At 50+ the chance of me getting serious COVID-19 is far greater than a vaccine associated side effect. Therefore, the vaccine makes sense. I don't want to end up in ITU with my friends putting a tube up my bum and taking pictures for a publication "

I've known Julian for over 20 years. He has worked on both coronaviruses and Ebola for many years.

It's a no brainer.
Oxford vaccine on 11:35 - Nov 26 with 12711 viewsProfessor

Oxford vaccine on 11:28 - Nov 26 by controversial_jack

i know what your profession is and i'm not having a go at you. I'm just stating that the effect of vaccination has been far exaggerated, when other contributory factors have done more.

Nothing has been more effective than controlling viral infections than vaccination CJ. That's without question. It is the only long-term solution we have.
Oxford vaccine on 11:36 - Nov 26 with 12706 viewsonehunglow

Oxford vaccine on 11:33 - Nov 26 by Professor

Its unbelievable.

My friend and colleague Professor Julian Hiscox posted these words on twitter earlier:

"I will get the vaccine. At 50+ the chance of me getting serious COVID-19 is far greater than a vaccine associated side effect. Therefore, the vaccine makes sense. I don't want to end up in ITU with my friends putting a tube up my bum and taking pictures for a publication "

I've known Julian for over 20 years. He has worked on both coronaviruses and Ebola for many years.

It's a no brainer.

Well,it should be you,you know ,as well as I ,that there are out there the most dysfunctional and warped minds seemingly looking to prolong this government's problem. It s not their but ours.
Politics should be irrelevant now.

It clearly is not

Oxford vaccine on 11:39 - Nov 26 with 12689 viewspikeypaul

Oxford vaccine on 11:23 - Nov 26 by Professor

You are not listening to C_J , if it isn’t already 100% effective it’s a β€œcrock of shit β€œ and CJ could knock something better up in his shed.

Anyway at least the clown has given me a laugh this morning.

OUT

AFLI

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 11:40]

Oxford vaccine on 11:41 - Nov 26 with 12697 viewsonehunglow

You are giving the impression of insanity.

What do you do for a living?

Oxford vaccine on 11:44 - Nov 26 with 12676 viewspikeypaul

Oxford vaccine on 11:36 - Nov 26 by onehunglow

Well,it should be you,you know ,as well as I ,that there are out there the most dysfunctional and warped minds seemingly looking to prolong this government's problem. It s not their but ours.
Politics should be irrelevant now.

It clearly is not

You have just summed the lefty scum up perfectly.

What was their slogan last election "chaos is our friend"

Thank you.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 14:50]

Oxford vaccine on 11:47 - Nov 26 with 12692 viewsScotia

It hasn't been exaggerated it's always been stated as 70% - and that is for symptomatic covid. It's 100% for severe Covid. What sustainable other contributory factor has reduced illness by 70%?

It is a work of scientific genius in such a short space of time and the team behind it should get suitably rewarded.

I'd support some sort of incentive to get people vaccinated as, unbelievably, some people will be stupid enough to refuse it.
Oxford vaccine on 11:51 - Nov 26 with 12686 viewsBoundy

Its back to the caves then , then you'll be happy
Oxford vaccine on 11:51 - Nov 26 with 12684 viewscontroversial_jack

Oxford vaccine on 11:47 - Nov 26 by Scotia

It hasn't been exaggerated it's always been stated as 70% - and that is for symptomatic covid. It's 100% for severe Covid. What sustainable other contributory factor has reduced illness by 70%?

It is a work of scientific genius in such a short space of time and the team behind it should get suitably rewarded.

I'd support some sort of incentive to get people vaccinated as, unbelievably, some people will be stupid enough to refuse it.

If you are in the 30% that isn't protected, good luck.
Oxford vaccine on 11:58 - Nov 26 with 12679 viewsCatullus

I watched the announcement on the news, I heard the scientist say a half dose gives 70% protection and then a full dose raises it to 90%. As others have said, no flu vaccine gives as much protection.
If you would rather have no protection then don't have it, no one is forcing you. However, if a doctor said to me I'd have a 70% chance of not getting the virus but a much higher chance of not being seriously ill if I did, I'd be very happy to have the jab...so I am very happy!

The over 55 thing, look at it this way, if the vaccine works for the under 55 groups then there'll be less virus around for the older to worry about. So goive this virus to the under 55's and keep the other vaccine for the older folks.....I'll be 54 next birthday.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2021