Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? 09:59 - Dec 2 with 8318 viewsHighjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 10:03 - Dec 2 with 3158 viewsCatullus

Problem is, if Drakers bogs off we probably end up with Gething, frying pan...fire.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 10:38 - Dec 2 with 3136 viewsHighjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 10:03 - Dec 2 by Catullus

Problem is, if Drakers bogs off we probably end up with Gething, frying pan...fire.

We’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 10:44 - Dec 2 with 3130 viewsCatullus

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 10:38 - Dec 2 by Highjack

That'd be the "Bridge over troubled water" then?

I don't doubt Gething is well educated and worked, he's a lawyer after all. What is his qualification to ru Welsh health services though?

It's the same in Westminster, what are Hancocks health qualifications or work experience? He was an economist and advisor to the Chancellor.

You wouldn't ask a plumber to do your wiring but in government they take many square pegs and use a massive hammer but the damage is usually done to the public service they run.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 12:26 - Dec 2 with 3110 viewsHighjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 10:44 - Dec 2 by Catullus

That'd be the "Bridge over troubled water" then?

I don't doubt Gething is well educated and worked, he's a lawyer after all. What is his qualification to ru Welsh health services though?

It's the same in Westminster, what are Hancocks health qualifications or work experience? He was an economist and advisor to the Chancellor.

You wouldn't ask a plumber to do your wiring but in government they take many square pegs and use a massive hammer but the damage is usually done to the public service they run.

It’s a difficult one. In a more sensible world we’d have more of a meritocracy with a health professional in charge of health etc. But all the top health professionals are doing far more important work helping people with their health. This is why we’re constantly stuck with a load of second or even third rate lawyers, accountants, activists and PR assistants.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 12:59 - Dec 2 with 3095 views9MilesHigh

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 12:26 - Dec 2 by Highjack

It’s a difficult one. In a more sensible world we’d have more of a meritocracy with a health professional in charge of health etc. But all the top health professionals are doing far more important work helping people with their health. This is why we’re constantly stuck with a load of second or even third rate lawyers, accountants, activists and PR assistants.

And what about the actual Doctors, epidemiologists and scientists that actually gave this advice in the first place?

What would you have them do, pull you a pint in The Riverside?

Childish thread.
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:04 - Dec 2 with 3089 viewsBoundy

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 10:38 - Dec 2 by Highjack

if Drakeford has his way the bridge will be closed

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:29 - Dec 2 with 3075 viewsHighjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 12:59 - Dec 2 by 9MilesHigh

And what about the actual Doctors, epidemiologists and scientists that actually gave this advice in the first place?

What would you have them do, pull you a pint in The Riverside?

Childish thread.

They’d be doing exactly what they’re doing now.

What a strange comment.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:30 - Dec 2 with 3072 views9MilesHigh

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:29 - Dec 2 by Highjack

They’d be doing exactly what they’re doing now.

What a strange comment.

And you'd be happy to take their advice?

Like you would from an accountant doing your returns or a lawyer defending you?
Login to get fewer ads

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:46 - Dec 2 with 3064 viewsHighjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:30 - Dec 2 by 9MilesHigh

And you'd be happy to take their advice?

Like you would from an accountant doing your returns or a lawyer defending you?

No no I think you’ve misunderstood what we were discussing. The suggestion that Catullus made was a fair one that we seem to have an endless stream of politicians who are making big decisions when they have little or no background in the field that their position is involved with. This is how we end up with a second rate journalist who has been sacked several times for various nefarious activities running the country and the likes of Hancock who was an economist who is obviously way out of his depth when it comes to health.

It’s a discussion on whether we should have a better quality of person in charge because the people there now across the various governments just aren’t cutting it.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:50 - Dec 2 with 3061 views9MilesHigh

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:46 - Dec 2 by Highjack

No no I think you’ve misunderstood what we were discussing. The suggestion that Catullus made was a fair one that we seem to have an endless stream of politicians who are making big decisions when they have little or no background in the field that their position is involved with. This is how we end up with a second rate journalist who has been sacked several times for various nefarious activities running the country and the likes of Hancock who was an economist who is obviously way out of his depth when it comes to health.

It’s a discussion on whether we should have a better quality of person in charge because the people there now across the various governments just aren’t cutting it.

No, I understood perfectly and on the national front I totally agree with you.

But this thread was about Drakeford, who is being brave enough to make an unpopular decision, for the benefit of Welsh people.

See the post from Exhmrc for evidence that folk need to be saved from themselves.
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:01 - Dec 2 with 3041 viewstrampie

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:50 - Dec 2 by 9MilesHigh

But this thread was about Drakeford, who is being brave enough to make an unpopular decision, for the benefit of Welsh people.

See the post from Exhmrc for evidence that folk need to be saved from themselves.

Top post.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:04 - Dec 2 with 3040 viewsbuilthjack

Drakeford is doing what he has been advised to do, by the professional experts advising him.
Is that wrong?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:07 - Dec 2 with 3039 views9MilesHigh

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:04 - Dec 2 by builthjack

Drakeford is doing what he has been advised to do, by the professional experts advising him.
Is that wrong?

Exactly my point old Ken bach
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:11 - Dec 2 with 3036 viewsbuilthjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:07 - Dec 2 by 9MilesHigh

Exactly my point old Ken bach

Hello Christopher

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:14 - Dec 2 with 3034 viewsHighjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 13:50 - Dec 2 by 9MilesHigh

There is a huge debate to be had over whether it’s actually benefitting anybody. In protecting people from the virus they are destroying people’s lives in other ways. Businesses are going under, people are losing jobs, facing extreme financial hardship, you’re not allowed to go out anywhere or see anyone.

This is undoubtedly having a massive effect on people’s mental and physical well-being.

And the cherry on the cake is the poor old folks in homes who are living out their short amount of time they have left alone wondering why the bloody hell their families are not visiting anymore. Haven’t seen my gran since February. She’s nearly 99. It’s almost a year she’s been stuck in a bed in an unfamiliar place alone with absolutely zero quality of life. What’s the bloody point? It’s sick. It’s certainly not benefitting her.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:29 - Dec 2 with 3021 viewsScotia

Drakeford should resign. I have no doubt about it.

Wales has the second highest death rate per 100,000 out of the four nations. We have by far the highest infection rate per 100,000 in the UK. These stats absolutely speak for themselves and have been consistent throughout the pandemic.

His handling of the situation since August has basically been a farce. My big worry is who on earth will replace him?
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:39 - Dec 2 with 3005 views9MilesHigh

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:14 - Dec 2 by Highjack

There is a huge debate to be had over whether it’s actually benefitting anybody. In protecting people from the virus they are destroying people’s lives in other ways. Businesses are going under, people are losing jobs, facing extreme financial hardship, you’re not allowed to go out anywhere or see anyone.

This is undoubtedly having a massive effect on people’s mental and physical well-being.

And the cherry on the cake is the poor old folks in homes who are living out their short amount of time they have left alone wondering why the bloody hell their families are not visiting anymore. Haven’t seen my gran since February. She’s nearly 99. It’s almost a year she’s been stuck in a bed in an unfamiliar place alone with absolutely zero quality of life. What’s the bloody point? It’s sick. It’s certainly not benefitting her.

Mate, it's a bloody pandemic not a way of life.

There's not a lot anyone could have done about it but we can about managing it as best we can. There's always going to be a "debate" and opinion, especially from social media and its many influencers these days but all these factors are taking into consideration with the recommendations made.

It's not going to help everybody, there's people and business that will suffer more than others but there just isn't a magic wand to protect it all. These measure are about protecting as much as possible.

There are elections coming up in a few weeks and this could be seen as political suicide from Drakeford but he has massive respect from me in:

A) taking the advice from the experts with all the data, history, evidence and intelligence on board
B) making an "unpopular" decision for the benefit of the Welsh people.

We've got enough dog whistling blaggards in Westminster, we don't need that here as well.
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 15:13 - Dec 2 with 2967 views9MilesHigh

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:29 - Dec 2 by Scotia

Wales has the second highest death rate per 100,000 out of the four nations. We have by far the highest infection rate per 100,000 in the UK. These stats absolutely speak for themselves and have been consistent throughout the pandemic.

His handling of the situation since August has basically been a farce. My big worry is who on earth will replace him?

You'll have your choice to vote the same as anyone else.

But this virus spreads much more easily in confined spaces, so land mass, over populated conurbations and bad health will all play a major factor.

Wales is a lot smaller than Scotland and its people are mostly congregated in an extremely small part of the country - The South but mostly moving eastwards. We also share a 200 mile border with the worst affected country in Europe and there's been free movement between the two nations.

Welsh people have found a new game to play - hating Wales. Sad.
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 15:23 - Dec 2 with 2959 viewsHighjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:39 - Dec 2 by 9MilesHigh

Mate, it's a bloody pandemic not a way of life.

There's not a lot anyone could have done about it but we can about managing it as best we can. There's always going to be a "debate" and opinion, especially from social media and its many influencers these days but all these factors are taking into consideration with the recommendations made.

It's not going to help everybody, there's people and business that will suffer more than others but there just isn't a magic wand to protect it all. These measure are about protecting as much as possible.

There are elections coming up in a few weeks and this could be seen as political suicide from Drakeford but he has massive respect from me in:

A) taking the advice from the experts with all the data, history, evidence and intelligence on board
B) making an "unpopular" decision for the benefit of the Welsh people.

We've got enough dog whistling blaggards in Westminster, we don't need that here as well.

A lot of the decisions made seem so ridiculous and arbitrary that I doubt there’s any science or expert knowledge behind them whatsoever. During lockdown you could buy a flagon of cider but you couldn’t buy clothes. You could buy a tin of beans but you couldn’t buy a tin opener. You could only meet up in a group of six but you could then go to a place where there are several other groups of six making one big group of fifty.

They’ve got so many responsibilities. Health isn’t the only one. If it were solely about health then they could just shut absolutely everything and force us all into quarantine, but we’ve always been in this sort of halfway house where there are an ever increasing number of complicated rules and tiers and guidance but they probably won’t be enforced anyway. It’s just been an absolute omnishambles by every government in the U.K., a complete lack of competence and clarity across the board but people will defend Drakeford and Sturgeon whilst ripping into Boris and Hancock or vice versa even though they have done more or less the same things.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 15:25 - Dec 2 with 2957 viewsexhmrc1

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:29 - Dec 2 by Scotia

Your hatred of Drakeford is just unbelievable.

When he kept things under control in June to September whilst Johnson was opening all he could up against the advice he was given you criticised him for keeping things closed. You wanted him to open things up. Since he has done as you wanted you are criticising him for cases rising.

You complain about him not taking people to task for not following rules. When you have a chance with your mother in law what have you done nothing except complain on here. Double standards comes to mind.

Your continual nonsense about Drakeford is ridiculous. You will have your chance to vote him out in May along with others who complain. I have no doubt the Welsh people will back him.
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 15:47 - Dec 2 with 2944 viewsexhmrc1

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 14:14 - Dec 2 by Highjack

It is a very difficult problem. A couple of weeks ago 2 care homes in the Pontardawe Area had masses amounts of patients with covid. I am told that 1 care home had 36 patients infected plus members of staff and numerous residents have died. This why the Pontardawe cases rocketed to 101 in 7 days.

The problem with letting visitors in is that they could be infected without knowing it. Then it spreads through the home. This problem already exists with the staff there. You often dont know you have coronavirus especially early on and testing might not pick it up.

It is a difficult judgement whether to have visitors but given the numbers who have died in care homes I actually think that Drakeford is right. The decision is made on medical advice and Drakeford and Gething would be foolish to ignore advice in the way Johnson has.
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 16:02 - Dec 2 with 2939 viewsHighjack

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 15:25 - Dec 2 by exhmrc1

Your hatred of Drakeford is just unbelievable.

When he kept things under control in June to September whilst Johnson was opening all he could up against the advice he was given you criticised him for keeping things closed. You wanted him to open things up. Since he has done as you wanted you are criticising him for cases rising.

You complain about him not taking people to task for not following rules. When you have a chance with your mother in law what have you done nothing except complain on here. Double standards comes to mind.

Your continual nonsense about Drakeford is ridiculous. You will have your chance to vote him out in May along with others who complain. I have no doubt the Welsh people will back him.

The welsh people would elect the reanimated corpse of Vlad the Impaler if he were wearing a red rose.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 16:12 - Dec 2 with 2935 viewsScotia

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 15:13 - Dec 2 by 9MilesHigh

You'll have your choice to vote the same as anyone else.

But this virus spreads much more easily in confined spaces, so land mass, over populated conurbations and bad health will all play a major factor.

Wales is a lot smaller than Scotland and its people are mostly congregated in an extremely small part of the country - The South but mostly moving eastwards. We also share a 200 mile border with the worst affected country in Europe and there's been free movement between the two nations.

Welsh people have found a new game to play - hating Wales. Sad.

I will be voting and encouraging everyone to remember these statistics. Unfortunately some people actually think he has done a good job. It staggers me.

We have nowhere near the population density seen in the areas between Edinburgh and Glasgow and nowhere near the more vulnerable BAME populations in England. We also have less intensive care beds per head then almost all of Europe which surely doesn't help matters, of course health is devolved.

They are just excuses. There are no excuses for Drakeford and his utterly farcical policies.

I love Wales which is absolutely why he has to go.
Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 16:34 - Dec 2 with 2915 viewstrampie

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 16:12 - Dec 2 by Scotia

I will be voting and encouraging everyone to remember these statistics. Unfortunately some people actually think he has done a good job. It staggers me.

We have nowhere near the population density seen in the areas between Edinburgh and Glasgow and nowhere near the more vulnerable BAME populations in England. We also have less intensive care beds per head then almost all of Europe which surely doesn't help matters, of course health is devolved.

They are just excuses. There are no excuses for Drakeford and his utterly farcical policies.

I love Wales which is absolutely why he has to go.

"If we had England's policies from the start of the pandemic we would have been worse off " ?

Do you agree with that statement ?, Wales for most of the pandemic acted quicker than England and Wales tended to have had stricter restrictions.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 16:38 - Dec 2 with 2905 viewstrampie

Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off? on 15:23 - Dec 2 by Highjack

A lot of the decisions made seem so ridiculous and arbitrary that I doubt there’s any science or expert knowledge behind them whatsoever. During lockdown you could buy a flagon of cider but you couldn’t buy clothes. You could buy a tin of beans but you couldn’t buy a tin opener. You could only meet up in a group of six but you could then go to a place where there are several other groups of six making one big group of fifty.

They’ve got so many responsibilities. Health isn’t the only one. If it were solely about health then they could just shut absolutely everything and force us all into quarantine, but we’ve always been in this sort of halfway house where there are an ever increasing number of complicated rules and tiers and guidance but they probably won’t be enforced anyway. It’s just been an absolute omnishambles by every government in the U.K., a complete lack of competence and clarity across the board but people will defend Drakeford and Sturgeon whilst ripping into Boris and Hancock or vice versa even though they have done more or less the same things.

Boris tended to follow some days later Sturgeon and Drakeford.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024