Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport 20:47 - Dec 3 with 901 viewsKeithHaynes

What an interesting guy.
And puts across one of the most intelligent views I’ve heard in many years.
Class act. Impressed.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 12:32 - Dec 4 with 829 viewsReslovenSwan1

Hang on a minuite. He was abused and insulted 7 years ago and has now apparently got over it. He has overplayed his hand. Terry was banned and got a whopping £200,000 fine. Ferdinand has had a TV documentary and a radio podcast out of this. How much has he been paid? Is my first question. He agent has played a blinder. He has gone to the well at a good time.

Sorry it does not wash for me at all. Listening to him it sounded as if Terry and killed a relative and was in Jail for twenty years. He is riding a wave of public sympathy.

Anyone who goes to court will at times feel like the one on trial. That is how the system works.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 12:46 - Dec 4 with 822 viewsNeath_Jack

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 12:32 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Hang on a minuite. He was abused and insulted 7 years ago and has now apparently got over it. He has overplayed his hand. Terry was banned and got a whopping £200,000 fine. Ferdinand has had a TV documentary and a radio podcast out of this. How much has he been paid? Is my first question. He agent has played a blinder. He has gone to the well at a good time.

Sorry it does not wash for me at all. Listening to him it sounded as if Terry and killed a relative and was in Jail for twenty years. He is riding a wave of public sympathy.

Anyone who goes to court will at times feel like the one on trial. That is how the system works.

You’re as bad as Terry and part of the problem.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 15:57 - Dec 4 with 775 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 12:46 - Dec 4 by Neath_Jack

You’re as bad as Terry and part of the problem.

So I am part of the problem. That is an insult in itself. 30 year of working in a cosmopolitan company in UK and overseas says otherwise.

This is a media construct, Business is business and people need to stay relevent.

https://neweraglobalsports.com/team
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 15:57]

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 17:50 - Dec 4 with 732 viewstrampie

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 12:32 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Why do you think he overplayed his hand ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 18:34 - Dec 4 with 718 viewsCatullus

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 15:57 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

So I am part of the problem. That is an insult in itself. 30 year of working in a cosmopolitan company in UK and overseas says otherwise.

This is a media construct, Business is business and people need to stay relevent.

Where you work and for how long say nothing. Your attitude and how you behave towards others is the marker.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 19:25 - Dec 4 with 700 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 18:34 - Dec 4 by Catullus

Where you work and for how long say nothing. Your attitude and how you behave towards others is the marker.

I treat all people the same regardless of colour or faith. Never had an race issue at work or socially over 40 years. 30 years outside Wales.

Anton is generating a media / agency career. He is promoting himself as a mentor /advisor / agent for very very well paid young footballers. A small percentages of a very large number is solid business.

Leane Sanderson is currently on Talksport. She came to public prominence after her dashing appearnce in the MP enquiry on alleged racism in the English ladies football team a coulple of year ago. She spoke very well but had no reason to be there.

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 19:30 - Dec 4 with 695 viewstrampie

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 19:25 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

I treat all people the same regardless of colour or faith. Never had an race issue at work or socially over 40 years. 30 years outside Wales.

Anton is generating a media / agency career. He is promoting himself as a mentor /advisor / agent for very very well paid young footballers. A small percentages of a very large number is solid business.

Leane Sanderson is currently on Talksport. She came to public prominence after her dashing appearnce in the MP enquiry on alleged racism in the English ladies football team a coulple of year ago. She spoke very well but had no reason to be there.

That is nothing to do with the England captain at the time being found guilty of breaking FA rules, the English had to find him guilty as they had previously found Suarez guilty so they had no choice.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 19:37 - Dec 4 with 689 viewsNotLoyal

I think the op was just talking about how impressed was with Ferdinand and his ability to talk publicly 😂😂😂😂😂😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 19:53 - Dec 4 with 678 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 19:30 - Dec 4 by trampie

That is nothing to do with the England captain at the time being found guilty of breaking FA rules, the English had to find him guilty as they had previously found Suarez guilty so they had no choice.

You cannot compare Suarez and JT. Suarez called Evra a "little Black fellow " in Spanish. It might have annoyed Evra and put him off his game but no way should he have been banned. JT was just blatently racist but it was 7 years ago and the book closed on it with heavy penalties.

The reappearance of AF relates to his job as a mentor agent and the current prevailing race obsessed football culture as a fall out from BLM in the summer, in my opinion. These agencies play the media as they like.

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 19:59 - Dec 4 with 672 viewstrampie

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 19:53 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

You cannot compare Suarez and JT. Suarez called Evra a "little Black fellow " in Spanish. It might have annoyed Evra and put him off his game but no way should he have been banned. JT was just blatently racist but it was 7 years ago and the book closed on it with heavy penalties.

The reappearance of AF relates to his job as a mentor agent and the current prevailing race obsessed football culture as a fall out from BLM in the summer, in my opinion. These agencies play the media as they like.

Exactly Suarez should not have been banned, but by banning him the English had no choice but to also ban Terry as people like me would have gone on and an about them treating a Uruguayan differently to the English captain.

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 20:27 - Dec 4 with 658 viewsNeath_Jack

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 15:57 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Don't tell me, you got loads of black friends as well.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 20:51 - Dec 4 with 642 viewsReslovenSwan1

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 20:27 - Dec 4 by Neath_Jack

Don't tell me, you got loads of black friends as well.

Why would I? I have friends from many races and cultures.

You, for no good reason, compared me to JT (who does not hve a good reputation) who was fined by the FA and banned for racist comments. You should not to jump to conclusions before you insult people.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 20:52]

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 22:13 - Dec 5 with 499 viewsdobjack2

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 20:51 - Dec 4 by ReslovenSwan1

Why would I? I have friends from many races and cultures.

You, for no good reason, compared me to JT (who does not hve a good reputation) who was fined by the FA and banned for racist comments. You should not to jump to conclusions before you insult people.
[Post edited 4 Dec 2020 20:52]

I don’t think that he is jumping to conclusions, he’s just reading your post where you downplay what Luis Suarez said to Patrice Evra.

This is from ESPN:

“It says that when Evra asked Suarez during the Oct. 15 Premier League match why he had been kicked, the striker replied in Spanish: "Porque tu eres negro."

That translates as "because you are black."

Evra said he would punch Suarez if he repeated the comment. Suarez replied: "No hablo con los negros" -- "I don't speak to blacks."

Suarez is from Uruguay and contends the use of "negro" in that country and other parts of Latin America is inoffensive in certain situations.

But the panel found that Suarez's argument was "unsustainable," while Evra, a black France defender, was described as a "credible witness."

"The conduct of Mr. Suarez has damaged the image of English football around the world, given that the conduct occurred during the course of one of the most famous games in English football, watched by a huge number of people around the world,'' the report said.

"Every professional footballer should be able to play competitive football in the knowledge that references to the color of his skin will not be tolerated."

The report said that after Evra threatened a second time to hit him, Suarez replied with a phrase that the report said translates as "OK, blackie, blackie, blackie."

The FA called in linguistic experts to assess Suarez's defense. They determined that his language on the pitch "would be considered racially offensive" anywhere.”

As the players were having a heated argument the FA panel didn’t think that Suarez meant his words to be inoffensive.

Evra never said that Suarez was a racist, but that he used racist language.
Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 09:59 - Dec 7 with 391 viewsMoscowJack

You thought his views were intelligent? I thought he sounded like Rio but with 1/4 of the intelligence. He sounded punch-drunk, if I'm honest.

His comments are spot-on though. I just hope this isn't a big PR stunt JUST to help him get back into the public's eye.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 10:08 - Dec 7 with 387 viewsKeithHaynes

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 09:59 - Dec 7 by MoscowJack

You thought his views were intelligent? I thought he sounded like Rio but with 1/4 of the intelligence. He sounded punch-drunk, if I'm honest.

His comments are spot-on though. I just hope this isn't a big PR stunt JUST to help him get back into the public's eye.

Are we talking about the talk sport interview or the tv programme he did ? I’m referring to the talk sport interview. I’ll agree on the punch drunk thing though after seeing him on the tv on the weekend.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 10:23 - Dec 7 with 378 viewstrampie

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 22:13 - Dec 5 by dobjack2

I don’t think that he is jumping to conclusions, he’s just reading your post where you downplay what Luis Suarez said to Patrice Evra.

This is from ESPN:

“It says that when Evra asked Suarez during the Oct. 15 Premier League match why he had been kicked, the striker replied in Spanish: "Porque tu eres negro."

That translates as "because you are black."

Evra said he would punch Suarez if he repeated the comment. Suarez replied: "No hablo con los negros" -- "I don't speak to blacks."

Suarez is from Uruguay and contends the use of "negro" in that country and other parts of Latin America is inoffensive in certain situations.

But the panel found that Suarez's argument was "unsustainable," while Evra, a black France defender, was described as a "credible witness."

"The conduct of Mr. Suarez has damaged the image of English football around the world, given that the conduct occurred during the course of one of the most famous games in English football, watched by a huge number of people around the world,'' the report said.

"Every professional footballer should be able to play competitive football in the knowledge that references to the color of his skin will not be tolerated."

The report said that after Evra threatened a second time to hit him, Suarez replied with a phrase that the report said translates as "OK, blackie, blackie, blackie."

The FA called in linguistic experts to assess Suarez's defense. They determined that his language on the pitch "would be considered racially offensive" anywhere.”

As the players were having a heated argument the FA panel didn’t think that Suarez meant his words to be inoffensive.

Evra never said that Suarez was a racist, but that he used racist language.

Evra is not a credible witness, mutiny, groundsman, fans etc
Some experts said what Suarez said was not racist in context, South American chocolate bar advert etc.

The FA was always going to find Suarez guilty, as that is what they do in virtually every single case that comes before them, but this wasn't for a foul, mistaken identity, abusing a ref, it was dicey territory for the English FA as I thought he would not get done in an outside court, then of course the Terry thing happened, went to an outside court first, they effectively let him off (great defence mind you, no pun intended) but the FA had to do him regardless of the court case because he was every bit as guilty as Suarez under their own laws.

Anton Ferdinand on Talk Sport on 12:56 - Dec 7 with 348 viewsReslovenSwan1

Some people just have a downbeat slow way of speaking. Mikel Arteta is like this in fact and no reflection on his intellegence whatsoever.

I listened to Anton on Talksport and assumed the person speaking was refering to some ghastly criminal act like murder or serious car accident that he was coming to terms with not one random insult and court case. I soon figured out it was Anton and the incident 7 year earlier.

It seems to me this story shows that the problem 'on the pitch' at least is at a very low level in the Professional game. To fit the narrative the programme producers have to go back 7 years. I remember Emre 15 years ago and the Leeds goal keeper last season. Even the referee Clattenburg was accused by Chelsea players and acquitted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024