Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread 09:32 - Dec 9 with 21760 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City v Swansea City
Leckwith ish.
Saturday December 12th 2020
Kick off 12.30pm

Officials
JOHN BROOKS
Nick Greenhalgh and Akil Howson
Fourth Official : Keith Stroud

TV : Swans TV & Sky Sports

It’s Welsh derby time, the real Welsh derby where by all accounts form counts for nothing. Over the years it’s apparent that the swans hold the kudos as Wales premier footballing team, no doubt. Compared to Cardiff who have spent two unsuccessful seasons in the premier league the swans have had a top ten finish, wowed the football world with their style of play, and won a major trophy. European campaigns are ‘foreign’ to Cardiff.

What is a Cardiff
To be perfectly honest a Cardiff is a thing of joy, an ever evolving gift of failure and unhappiness, and joy for all swans fans. Having taken four points off them last season, quickly forgotten by the reds, or blues or whatever this fixture goes ahead without fans. It could prove a slight leveller for Cardiff not having that daft accent being screamed at them continuously for ninety minutes. To understand a Cardiff you have to understand that Barcelona, that pretty decent side in Spain have always aspired to be as big as the South Wales club. For years they have spoken of being the new Cardiff, their fan base requiring the whole of a country to follow them. You can quickly see where the issues are.

The people who dwell in this area are quite small, almost dwarf like which gives further insight in to their mindset. Being small people ( not land of the giants small ) that would be very odd, they have the desire to thrust their opinions on anyone who will listen. Which isn’t a lot of people. Before history started Cardiff was a village, about the same size as their home attendances for midweek games, a few hundred souls huddled together by a smelly river. They actually evolved from a river fish called a ‘Claaaaaaarkes’ bottom feeder, this would later become the areas only claim to fame. This fish by all accounts lived in the river beds of Cardiff village fearing that locals would try and talk to them and do their heads in. Later, as sperm was invented and Cardiff people stopped eating it the fish became agile enough to leave their homes. They grew tin foil feet and developed a pastry based topping. Their insides were made of dried mud and lumps of brown jelly. The ‘Claaaaaaaarkes’ bottom feeder without knee caps was born.

The ‘Claaaaaarkes’ pie, with an E. See the mud combination ?

The football club, which formed before Barcelona hence the connection Is often revered by people who aren’t too good at reading but enjoy fiction. There are a wealth of fictional tales of glory and success written by such wonderful names like Anus as an example. You will often find words in these books, well, sort of words which have been passed down the bottom feeder family tree. ‘Ninian Paaaaaaaark’ Road is a term often used by taxi drivers who recently passed their tests when driving was allowed in the area. About 2006. When they go to the bank they say ‘Baaaaaaaaarclays’ and their only well known figure is Frank Hennessy who invented eating and talking hence the dialect. Frank is dead now, but other people who sound like him often gather together and practice eating and talking in what sounds like a choking gurgle recently injected with hallucinating liquid or porridge.

The bottom feeder in illustration. This is Frank Hennessy’s father on a sunny day

The match Referee
John Brooks
Brookie as we know him, or Brooksy, Brooko, sometimes Johnny or Jonno, even JB, or the J Bro, J or Brookla to his mate Dave, is a referee. He lives in Leicester and hasn’t reffed a swans game this year, not season, year. He has reffed Cardiff twice and said after both games ‘What a pile of old garbage they are, I will make sure they lose the Welsh derby’ or words to that effect. He isn’t a referee with a lot of bad decisions made, unless you count in Cardiff who have never been happy with him in the past. And that doesn’t count. Because they are very small people which makes their brains even smaller than the average rat.

Brooks bonded to the game

Cardiff City players to look out for
Tom Watson
Born in 1903 Watson was a feature of the very recent FA cup game at Wembley. Now 117 years of age he has been used less and less in recent times but never say never. Cardiff fans know all about him, they talk about him a lot, and they love 1927 even more. It was so recent it makes sense to talk about it, nobody apart from Tom Watson is still alive from that day.

Here is Tom running about at Wembley, he could easily feature in Saturdays game as he is only 117 years of age. The low attendance that day, 91,000 was boosted by quite a few thousand football fans from Swansea, saving the blushes of Cardiff’s modern day support.

TEAM NEWS LATEST

What is the latest team news?

Cardiff are sweating on the fitness of summer signing Harry Wilson.

The Wales international was withdrawn during the Bluebirds' 2-1 win over Stoke City in midweek due to an arm injury.

And Neil Harris has admitted the problem could sideline the versatile attacker this weekend, although Wilson will be given until the day of the game to prove his availability.

Isaac Vassell (quad) and Jordi Osei-Tutu (hamstring) both remain sidelined while Lee Tomlin is not expected to be available until January at the earliest after undergoing groin surgery.

Swansea will once again be without Morgan Gibbs-White (foot) and George Byers (groin).

They also have concerns over Ryan Bennett and Marc Guehi ahead of the game in the Welsh capital.

Bennett has missed Swansea's last two games due to a hamstring issue while Guehi sat out the 0-0 draw with Bournemouth after taking a blow to the head in the Swans' 2-0 triumph over Luton Town.

Both defenders will be given every opportunity to prove their fitness ahead of the game at Cardiff City Stadium.

Managers Thoughts

Cardiff Manager Neil Harris:

“It’s a huge game. Bragging rights are at stake. It’s a massive game. I was watching some footage earlier of the game back in January. The stadium was packed, atmosphere was electric. Both clubs will miss the fans. It’s a great fixture in the football calendar, one of the biggest games of the season in the Championship.

“Fans will be missed but it doesn’t take away the importance of it.“

“We know the importance to the fan base.“

Harris was asked if he understood the importance of this game for the Cardiff fans,

“Course I do. It’s never lost on me.“

“In my playing career, they are the best games to play in.

“I know the importance to the fan base and that will certainly be mentioned in the changing room. It already has been.

“It’s not a joy for people in lockdown in the lead up to Christmas and they can’t watch their team. There’s been a hardship and we have an opportunity to put smiles on faces.“

Swansea manager Steve Cooper also spoke about the fans:

“It will be different in terms of the game and atmosphere,

“They were electric atmospheres last season, as anyone who was there will tell you, so we can’t shy away from it, it is different.

“That’s why you cannot compare with previous seasons or previous games.

“But is a game that means an awful lot to supporters, it’s one we really want to win and one we want to really commit to and attack.

“It is for the supporters. I want them to see a team working hard and giving their best because football is so important to so many people.

“It will be a perfect chance to give a bit back and we will be committing to that.”

TEAMS TO FOLLOW

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 10:36 - Dec 9 with 6042 views34dfgdf54

They've played same side 4 x games in a row now and despite the win, apparently it was a very tired performance yesterday with Stoke having 11 players out.

I'd freshen things up, I have a gut feeling Guehi and Bennett will both be fit for the game and weren't risked yesterday.

.............................................Freddie....................................................
.................Cabango..............Bennett...............Guehi...........................
Roberts.................................................................................Bidwell...
.................................Grimes...............Fulton.......................................
............................................Palmer......................................................
................................Ayew...................Lowe.........................................

Harsh on Naughton and Latibeaudiere, but the former out for the height they'll bring on set pieces and the latter has shown he was a more than good enough deputy, but he's being built up for seasons in future. Last night's defence were excellent but this will be a different kettle of fish Saturday and the lack of height would cost us.

Would be very tempted to give Cullen a run instead of Lowe but not the Sheff Weds performance against two big centre halves put me off, I rate the Cardiff centre halves highly for this level but they can be got at by pace hence Lowe.

Fulton/Palmer in to freshen us up, haven't had the the minutes the other guys have had to endure and both give us a bit of extra physicality when having to defend their set pieces.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 11:47 - Dec 9 with 5969 viewsBoundy

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 10:36 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

They've played same side 4 x games in a row now and despite the win, apparently it was a very tired performance yesterday with Stoke having 11 players out.

I'd freshen things up, I have a gut feeling Guehi and Bennett will both be fit for the game and weren't risked yesterday.

.............................................Freddie....................................................
.................Cabango..............Bennett...............Guehi...........................
Roberts.................................................................................Bidwell...
.................................Grimes...............Fulton.......................................
............................................Palmer......................................................
................................Ayew...................Lowe.........................................

Harsh on Naughton and Latibeaudiere, but the former out for the height they'll bring on set pieces and the latter has shown he was a more than good enough deputy, but he's being built up for seasons in future. Last night's defence were excellent but this will be a different kettle of fish Saturday and the lack of height would cost us.

Would be very tempted to give Cullen a run instead of Lowe but not the Sheff Weds performance against two big centre halves put me off, I rate the Cardiff centre halves highly for this level but they can be got at by pace hence Lowe.

Fulton/Palmer in to freshen us up, haven't had the the minutes the other guys have had to endure and both give us a bit of extra physicality when having to defend their set pieces.

This will be a game that Cooper won't want to lose , maybe at the cost of us not trying to win , not a good strategy to adopt , maybe he'll fall into the trap of thinking our defence is good enough and catch them on the break .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 11:49 - Dec 9 with 5976 views34dfgdf54

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 11:47 - Dec 9 by Boundy

This will be a game that Cooper won't want to lose , maybe at the cost of us not trying to win , not a good strategy to adopt , maybe he'll fall into the trap of thinking our defence is good enough and catch them on the break .

If we do that, we'll just concede set piece after set piece and end up conceding.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 12:21 - Dec 9 with 5946 viewsBoundy

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 11:49 - Dec 9 by 34dfgdf54

If we do that, we'll just concede set piece after set piece and end up conceding.

Yes we need to play higher up the pitch than we've seen recently , move the ball quicker out from the back and although easy to say cut out the cheap free kicks .I've not seen many clips of how they play but looking at the possession stats I'm assuming they don't play through the middle more long balls over the top type of game . We also need to see better game management than we witnessed last night .I still think we have the better side and confident we'll come away with a win

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 12:49 - Dec 9 with 5926 viewspencoedjack

Top match day thread Loyal

I expect us to beat them comfortably.

Put Cabango on Moore & stop their supply.

0-2
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 12:54 - Dec 9 with 5920 viewsCCFCTOM

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 12:49 - Dec 9 by pencoedjack

Top match day thread Loyal

I expect us to beat them comfortably.

Put Cabango on Moore & stop their supply.

0-2

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:20 - Dec 9 with 5842 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 12:54 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

Glad you were impressed with Loyal's matchday thread.

Sent home from school today?
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Dec 9 with 5827 viewsSwanjaxs

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 12:54 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

Haha a couple of wins and little Tommy appears again

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:34 - Dec 9 with 5826 viewsCCFCTOM

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:20 - Dec 9 by pencoedjack

Glad you were impressed with Loyal's matchday thread.

Sent home from school today?

Impressed? no... just found your comment highly amusing
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:40 - Dec 9 with 5821 viewsCCFCTOM

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:31 - Dec 9 by Swanjaxs

Haha a couple of wins and little Tommy appears again

A couple? I thought it was 4?
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:55 - Dec 9 with 5802 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:40 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

A couple? I thought it was 4?

And still below us!

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Dec 9 with 5789 viewsCCFCTOM

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 14:55 - Dec 9 by Chief

And still below us!

I remember when you'd won the league before Christmas last year as well... How'd that work out for you? The gap could be a point by 3pm Saturday.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:13 - Dec 9 with 5785 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

I remember when you'd won the league before Christmas last year as well... How'd that work out for you? The gap could be a point by 3pm Saturday.

How do you manage to believe being behind us is a positive ?
Very odd little folk indeed.

OK I've changed it.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:14 - Dec 9 with 5785 viewsSwanjaxs

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:11 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

Or even 7pts Tom Thumb 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Dec 9 with 5760 viewsCCFCTOM

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:13 - Dec 9 by NotLoyal

How do you manage to believe being behind us is a positive ?
Very odd little folk indeed.

Because unlike you lot I don't base my predictions on half a season ffs
You've had a good start but you're talking about being 4 points above when it's not even Christmas... Very odd little folk down West.
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Dec 9 with 5754 viewsCCFCTOM

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:14 - Dec 9 by Swanjaxs

Or even 7pts Tom Thumb 👍

Who knows? But with your away form being poor and our home form being average it's got a draw written all over it
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:39 - Dec 9 with 5738 viewsChief

Dont apply the delusions if grandeur your support has with ours

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Dec 9 with 5733 viewsChief

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

You've had a good start but you're talking about being 4 points above when it's not even Christmas... Very odd little folk down West.

Says the bloke who only turns up on this forum after his team goes on a good run (in December)

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 16:08 - Dec 9 with 5709 viewsCCFCTOM

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:41 - Dec 9 by Chief

Says the bloke who only turns up on this forum after his team goes on a good run (in December)

Thought i'd have a quick peek before the Derby is all? Why would I bother commenting on the pointless threads The only delusions i've seen are the ones on here from the half a season Harry's
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 16:09]
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 16:27 - Dec 9 with 5678 viewsangryjack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 16:08 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

Thought i'd have a quick peek before the Derby is all? Why would I bother commenting on the pointless threads The only delusions i've seen are the ones on here from the half a season Harry's

Cardiff kaaaaant
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 17:39 - Dec 9 with 5629 viewsFireboy2

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 16:27 - Dec 9 by angryjack

Cardiff kaaaaant

This ^

Dont converse with the scum

Just ignore the inbred.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 18:44 - Dec 9 with 5536 viewsNotLoyal

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 15:24 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

I can can prove you are short folk, it’s a fact 🤪

OK I've changed it.

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 19:13 - Dec 9 with 5480 views1983

cardiff I like them they talk funny it makes me smile

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 19:19 - Dec 9 with 5462 viewsBoundy

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 19:57 - Dec 9 with 5415 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Cardiff City v Swansea City : Official Matchday Thread on 16:08 - Dec 9 by CCFCTOM

The faithful were calling for Harris to be sacked 5 games ago.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024