Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Arsenal fans tonight. 22:16 - Dec 13 with 1346 viewsGaryjack

They may as well have stayed at home. Would have got more vocal support from their cardboard cut outs! They've got serious problems with their fanbase since they moved to the Emirates. Even in 'normal times' they struggle to fill their stadium, and the numbers are made up from thousands of Asian tourists. Very sad state of affairs for them, and just like West Ham, i can see Spuds going the same way in a few years unless they start picking up some major honours.
Arsenal fans tonight. on 22:45 - Dec 13 with 1310 viewsjackrabbit

Didn’t see the Arsenal game but I saw Fulham earn a very creditable draw against the Champions, Liverpool. Another demonstration that the Big Six in the PL get all the fortunate calls. Fulham were denied a stonewall penalty in the first half when Loftus-Cheek had his foot taken away by a tackle just as he was about to plant it on the ground to shoot. Then second half a Liverpool player blasts a free kick from close range at the Fulham wall and hits a defender on the arm - plainly ball-to-arm. Penalty! Bloody robbery. Fulham should have won. The fans made a good noise to be fair.

I remember Swans at Anfield a few years ago when Neil Taylor was running towards his own goal and a Liverpool player hit the ball into the back of his arm. He wasn’t even looking at the ball. Penalty! It would never have been given the other way.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 23:20]
Arsenal fans tonight. on 23:29 - Dec 13 with 1275 viewsGaryjack

Arsenal fans tonight. on 22:45 - Dec 13 by jackrabbit

Didn’t see the Arsenal game but I saw Fulham earn a very creditable draw against the Champions, Liverpool. Another demonstration that the Big Six in the PL get all the fortunate calls. Fulham were denied a stonewall penalty in the first half when Loftus-Cheek had his foot taken away by a tackle just as he was about to plant it on the ground to shoot. Then second half a Liverpool player blasts a free kick from close range at the Fulham wall and hits a defender on the arm - plainly ball-to-arm. Penalty! Bloody robbery. Fulham should have won. The fans made a good noise to be fair.

I remember Swans at Anfield a few years ago when Neil Taylor was running towards his own goal and a Liverpool player hit the ball into the back of his arm. He wasn’t even looking at the ball. Penalty! It would never have been given the other way.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 23:20]

Ermm, well your response had nothing to do with my original post, but both decisions in the Liverpool v Fulham game were correct imo. The ball was clearly played away from Loftus-Cheek for a corner, and if Camara hadn't raised his arm then the shot was on target and the keeper would have a save to make. Definite pen.

Though i do agree on the Taylor incident. Shocking decision, the rules were more relaxed then, but i doubt most refs would award a pen under the new stricter measures in place today.
Arsenal fans tonight. on 00:10 - Dec 14 with 1264 viewsFireboy2

Arsenal fans tonight. on 23:29 - Dec 13 by Garyjack

Ermm, well your response had nothing to do with my original post, but both decisions in the Liverpool v Fulham game were correct imo. The ball was clearly played away from Loftus-Cheek for a corner, and if Camara hadn't raised his arm then the shot was on target and the keeper would have a save to make. Definite pen.

Though i do agree on the Taylor incident. Shocking decision, the rules were more relaxed then, but i doubt most refs would award a pen under the new stricter measures in place today.

The Fulham 'penalty' was a stonewall

The ball was clearly played away yes after he took loftus cheeks standing foot away before shooting.

Ive seen two recent posts from you that hint that you are a closet liverpool fan and this one proves it.
Arsenal fans tonight. on 06:10 - Dec 14 with 1211 viewsDr_Winston

Arsenal have made basically the same mistake we did with Monk. Assume a well regarded ex-club captain would be able to parachute into a first managerial job in the Premier League and thrive. Just as stupid a decision now as ours was then.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 6:10]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Arsenal fans tonight. on 08:42 - Dec 14 with 1164 viewsnantywatcher

Arsenal fans tonight. on 06:10 - Dec 14 by Dr_Winston

Arsenal have made basically the same mistake we did with Monk. Assume a well regarded ex-club captain would be able to parachute into a first managerial job in the Premier League and thrive. Just as stupid a decision now as ours was then.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 6:10]

Like us under Monk Arsenal have become utterly boring to watch. No team in the Premier will be daunted playing them this season. Would anyone on here want a clown like Xhaka in our team?
Arsenal fans tonight. on 08:46 - Dec 14 with 1162 viewsNortbankboy

Same when I was anfield with the swans.
Atmosphere carp and not a Scouse in site
Arsenal fans tonight. on 11:41 - Dec 16 with 1045 viewsCatullus

I won't comment on the team or manager but I went to the new ground and was entirely underwhelmed by the home fans. It really could have been a library. Highbury was much louder, a proper ground.
Many people have said the atmosphere and crowd noise is not the same at new, all seater stadia. It might be rose tinted but I tend to agree. Specially where teams have moved to much bigger grounds.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024