Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, TEAM NEWS ! 14:51 - Dec 21 with 8883 viewsNotLoyal

QPR v Swansea City
Saturday 26th December 2020
Loftus Road
Kick Off 3pm

Match Officials
To be confirmed

Recent history
The first game between the two sides was in 1914. It was in the FA Cup.
31 Jan 1914 Swansea Town 1 Queens Park Rangers 2
This was before the first world war and the invention of the iphone 6.
In fact even the iphone 4s.

29 Sep 2018 Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers 3-0 League Championship
13 Apr 2019 Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City 4-0 League Championship
21 Aug 2019 Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City 1-3 League Championship
05 Jan 2020 Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City 5-1 FA Cup
11 Feb 2020 Swansea City v Queens Park Rangers 0-0 League Championship

The last game between the sides was a 0-0 draw. QPR had already knocked the swans out of the FA Cup after the swans had won at Loftus Road a few months before. The last time before 2018 the sides met was in the Premier League in 2015. The game ended 1-1, earlier on that season the swans had won 2-0 at the Liberty.

Everyone's favourite Swansea City player of a certain age will say Robbie James was a class act. He also played for QPR and went to Wembley with them. Above is when Robbie was a panini sticker. The oddest thing about Robbie was he only gained five Welsh caps.

Remarkably Jeremy Charles was also a Panini sticker, he also played for QPR and went to Wembley with Oxford United.

What do we know about Queens Park Rangers ?
not a lot, and that IS the link really, if you add up the year QPR were formed which is 1882. So, 1+8+8+2 it equals 19. And that's no surprise as 19 is the average IQ of the smallest team in London. They have ( not unlike Cardiff) small team syndrome where they try and persuade everyone they are a big club, but fail time and time again to prove it. Their fans are all employed by McCains chips. However, because they are so thick none of them are employed by McCains chips. The idea is they can get access to the biggest chips for their shoulders.

McCains Chips, every QPR supporters dream job.

Apparently Christmas is a time for goodwill to all folk, well, not for QPR , when Jesus and Moses got all pissed up once they wanted goodwill to all men by all accounts, that is except QPR, in the bible Jesus makes this more than clear, QPR he once said, are shite.

QPR are the worst team in London except Brentford who are not as bad as Chelsea or Tranmere, the last town isn't in London but if it was it would be. Tranmere are as good as Arsenal on a good day. QPR are not, their fans are also very sneaky, and five of them are called Pete, their favourite hobby is hiding behind the police outside a pub so they can safely shout abuse at visiting fans. They did this last season and all went back in to the pub very quickly. They are the new Crystal Palace in that respect.

Great QPR players

Talk Sport sexist Rodney Marsh also played for QPR

Stan Bowles apparently was good if you are over 60 and bored, but he was good, better than you anyway.

This is Tony Currie, another old man who played for QPR, Tony's dad invented the balti and vindaloo varieties of curry. Tony doesn't like curry but loves a scotch egg. He was a great player, but not at QPR, well, a little bit but he was great at Leeds and Sheffield United, both of which are quite close to west London, give or take.

Steve Cooper Pre Match

For the football purist

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Joel Latibeaudiere, Korey Smith, Kasey Palmer, Oli Cooper, Wayne Routledge, Jordon Garrick, Viktor Gyokeres.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 14:28 - Dec 22 with 3840 viewsswancity

Excellent and very amusing fair play 👏

I won’t add anything as I had a telling off last time by Brynmilljack 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 14:59 - Dec 22 with 3837 viewsChief

Has the gag about Robbie James's Wales caps gone over my head?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 22:48 - Dec 22 with 3715 viewsAndyCole

Selection for this will be revealing. Momentum and best 11 is a winning formula.

Lowe
Ayew
Bidwell - Palmer - Fulton - Roberts
Grimes
Guehi - Bennett - Naughton
Woodman

Away from home would far rather see Palmer than Dhanda (who was our weakest link).

Grimes has to anchor to orchestrate and sweep up.
Fulton links superbly with Ayew in 2nd phase.
Palmer can press and trouble their DCM/central defenders..

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 00:50 - Dec 23 with 3706 viewsNotLoyal

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 14:59 - Dec 22 by Chief

Has the gag about Robbie James's Wales caps gone over my head?

Not at all, he only got five Welsh caps, seems a very low figure.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 08:23 - Dec 23 with 3662 viewsChief

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 00:50 - Dec 23 by NotLoyal

Not at all, he only got five Welsh caps, seems a very low figure.

He got 46 caps

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 09:23 - Dec 23 with 3645 viewsWhiterockin

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 22:48 - Dec 22 by AndyCole

Selection for this will be revealing. Momentum and best 11 is a winning formula.

Lowe
Ayew
Grimes
Woodman

Away from home would far rather see Palmer than Dhanda (who was our weakest link).

Woodman
Guehi - Bennett - Cabango
Bidwell - Grimes- Smith - Fulton - Roberts
Ayew -Lowe

If we need to chase the game Palmer and Dhanda on for Cabango and Smith.
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAYg on 11:36 - Dec 23 with 3598 viewsangryjack

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 22:48 - Dec 22 by AndyCole

Lowe
Ayew
Grimes
Woodman

Disagree with palmer, as we better counter attacking away from home and dhanda has more flair and work rate and movement than palmer
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAYg on 12:29 - Dec 23 with 3577 viewsReslovenSwan1

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAYg on 11:36 - Dec 23 by angryjack

Disagree with palmer, as we better counter attacking away from home and dhanda has more flair and work rate and movement than palmer

What about the revolutionary 3-1-4-1-1 formation? Bravo I am all for innovations.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Login to get fewer ads

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 16:10 - Dec 23 with 3514 viewsBadlands

.............................Lowe
Routledge ...........Dhanda ............. Ayew
.....................Palmer ... Fulton
Guehi .... Bennett ...... Cabango ...... Naughton
......................Benda
Roberts and Bidwell need a rest.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 16:25 - Dec 23 with 3500 viewsWhiterockin

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 16:10 - Dec 23 by Badlands

All the players will have had a week between games at least. That's enough rest.
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 16:25 - Dec 23 with 3500 viewsChief

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 16:10 - Dec 23 by Badlands

By boxing day we won't have had a game for a week, which is the longest interval since the international window. So if everyone is 'fit' they shouldn't need a break. We do have two games after this in quick succession but both home so theres no travelling at least. Id try and go for our full side for this one (with use of subs). Got to go with a whole change 11 for the Stevenage game.

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 16:30 - Dec 23 with 3491 viewsjasper_T

Fixtures do slow down for a bit into January but 1 week off doesn't magically remove a few months of playing twice a week from the legs. Still need to be careful with a few of the regulars to get the most out of them when they are on the pitch.
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 17:28 - Dec 23 with 3459 viewsChief

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 16:30 - Dec 23 by jasper_T

Fixtures do slow down for a bit into January but 1 week off doesn't magically remove a few months of playing twice a week from the legs. Still need to be careful with a few of the regulars to get the most out of them when they are on the pitch.

It won't automatically remove a few months of games no.

But a rare week off will certainly give the players a restbite to achieve a certain level of fitness that they wouldn't have been able to during the congested period. Unless there's something underlying of course.

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 12:44 - Dec 24 with 3240 viewsReslovenSwan1

QPR appeared to be in a better place than Swansea at the start of the season. They lost Eze but still had Osayi Sammuel and signed two players Swansea were thought to be interesrted in Dykes and Dickie as well as the kid Kelman.

I have doubts about their manager. He appeared to be caught out by the return after the lock down and QPR performed poorly after the lockdown was lifted. Swansea on the other hand improved after the break.

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 17:27 - Dec 24 with 3138 viewsonehunglow

Benda.

10 others

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 18:13 - Dec 24 with 3123 viewsReslovenSwan1

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 17:27 - Dec 24 by onehunglow

Benda.

10 others

Benda will play againt Stevenage presumably with Webb on the bench.

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 00:07 - Dec 25 with 3033 viewsBrynmill_Jack

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread BOXING DAY on 14:28 - Dec 22 by swancity

Excellent and very amusing fair play 👏

I won’t add anything as I had a telling off last time by Brynmilljack 😂

That’s better!!!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 12:15 - Dec 25 with 2921 views34dfgdf54

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 18:13 - Dec 24 by ReslovenSwan1

Benda will play againt Stevenage presumably with Webb on the bench.

They just think highly of Webb, just gave him 4 year contract.
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 22:19 - Dec 25 with 2749 viewsjackrabbit

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 12:15 - Dec 25 by 34dfgdf54

They just think highly of Webb, just gave him 4 year contract.

Is Angel Rangel still playing?
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 22:26 - Dec 25 with 2744 viewsChief

Tommy Carroll

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 11:53 - Dec 26 with 2513 viewsNortbankboy

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 22:26 - Dec 25 by Chief

Tommy Carroll

I thought Carroll was a tidy player.he got the same stick as crimes got
Undeserved.
I hope he gives manning a run out against his old club
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 12:41 - Dec 26 with 2471 viewsblaenaugwentjack

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 11:53 - Dec 26 by Nortbankboy

Undeserved.

I know QPR are not pulling up trees atm, but I don't really know how to call this one. Hopefully three points coming our way.
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 13:00 - Dec 26 with 2455 viewsChief

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 11:53 - Dec 26 by Nortbankboy

Undeserved.

He was decent on his loan and at the start of his permanent move. But he was terrible for a good few years then. Completely lost all confidence. Sad to see, needed to go.

QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, Updated Xmas Eve on 13:28 - Dec 26 with 2411 viewscockneyswan

Undeserved.

It’s also Bidwell’s old club
QPR v Swansea City : Offical Matchday Thread 26th Dec, TEAM NEWS ! on 14:01 - Dec 26 with 2356 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Ben Cabango, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi; Connor Roberts, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain), Jake Bidwell; Yan Dhanda; Andre Ayew, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Ryan Manning, Joel Latibeaudiere, Korey Smith, Kasey Palmer, Oli Cooper, Wayne Routledge, Jordon Garrick, Viktor Gyokeres.

Pretty much as expected.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024