Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread 15:41 - Dec 24 with 26018 viewsKeithHaynes

Mr Johnson thanks people on all sides for "finding the philosophers stone" to get a deal.

He adds: "This deal above all means certainty, for the aviation industry, the hauliers... the police, the border forces, and all those that keep us safe.

"It means certainty for our scientists who will be able to work together on great collective projects.

"But above all it means certainty for business."

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:38 - Jan 14 with 1828 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 05:42 - Jan 14 by Kilkennyjack

Black is white, and white is black.

So now we are not allowed to point out that the neo Nazi guy who seemingly hates everybody .. well, hates everyone.

I think you will find the pro EU people are generally for the common good and the opposite of selfish.

Glad you found a new word though.
Probably easier than finding fresh fruit and veg pretty soon.

[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 5:45]

Queues what do you expect. France won't allow any drivers in unless they have a negative coronavirus test. Have you not heard there is a pandemic .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:29 - Jan 14 with 1806 viewsItchySphincter

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:38 - Jan 14 by felixstowe_jack

Queues what do you expect. France won't allow any drivers in unless they have a negative coronavirus test. Have you not heard there is a pandemic .

Read the tweet again.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:36 - Jan 14 with 1812 viewsCatullus

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 05:42 - Jan 14 by Kilkennyjack

Black is white, and white is black.

So now we are not allowed to point out that the neo Nazi guy who seemingly hates everybody .. well, hates everyone.

I think you will find the pro EU people are generally for the common good and the opposite of selfish.

Glad you found a new word though.
Probably easier than finding fresh fruit and veg pretty soon.

[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 5:45]

The common good? There are millions of people in Southern Europe who mightargue that. Those whose countries are in massive debt while Germany and France had propsered.

Them there's those Eurocrats and politicians on massive salaries with secret expense accounts and huge pensions, yep, entirely vicarious that. Politicians are the same wherever you go.

Kilky, politicians have a different idea than you and me about what the greater good is. They say what they need to say then do as they please.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 18:38 - Jan 20 with 1402 viewsStephen84

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 20:31 - Dec 27 by Catullus

Little Englander complex? What a pile of nonsense. I want the Uk to trade globally as a soveriegn independent state, not to hand over control of rules to a supranational organisation.
I didn't call anyone a moaning minnie because something had gone wrong, it's just the ooposite, something went right but instead of being ahappy there's a deal the remain lobby went overboard with the negativity.
You are another one who believes democracy is only what you want eh? Stealing from young people you say, I have a 12 year old son and I want the best for him, I hope leaving the EU will turn out to be the best thing for his future. I can't guarantee I'm right just like you can't guarantee I'm wrong.
You think leaving means imposing sanctions on us all, staying in the EU imposes sanctions too, you have to follow their rules, do as they say. Many of us preferred not to be in that club so we exercised our democratic right to vote to leave.

Today Tesco are saying any rise in food prices will probably be so small we won't notice. The deal has us staying aligned with EU workers rights so nothing wrong there. The only people really not happy are the fisheries who begrudge Bojo's concessions to get a deal over the line.
All you remainers were crying out for a deal, no deal was suicide you said. We get a deal and still you're not happy.
Keep on moaning if you like but I'm no longer paying attention, I'm moving on, moving forward with hope and optimism.

Well said.
The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 19:54 - Jan 20 with 1392 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:36 - Jan 14 by Catullus

The common good? There are millions of people in Southern Europe who mightargue that. Those whose countries are in massive debt while Germany and France had propsered.

Them there's those Eurocrats and politicians on massive salaries with secret expense accounts and huge pensions, yep, entirely vicarious that. Politicians are the same wherever you go.

Kilky, politicians have a different idea than you and me about what the greater good is. They say what they need to say then do as they please.

Well said.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 20:00 - Jan 20 with 1389 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:29 - Jan 14 by ItchySphincter

Read the tweet again.

This was reported in the local regional news today. The paperwork was in order just some customs officer being awkward. The same exporter had no trouble at other EU ports . Once the foriegn office and local MP intervened the lorry was released. Not really a problem as the containers that go via Rotterdam are refrigerated so a delay to frozen good not a problem.
You always get jobsworths trying to prove a point.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 21:18 - Jan 20 with 1369 viewsonehunglow

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 20:00 - Jan 20 by felixstowe_jack

This was reported in the local regional news today. The paperwork was in order just some customs officer being awkward. The same exporter had no trouble at other EU ports . Once the foriegn office and local MP intervened the lorry was released. Not really a problem as the containers that go via Rotterdam are refrigerated so a delay to frozen good not a problem.
You always get jobsworths trying to prove a point.

I voted to remain mainly as I fear our country would be isolated. There is uncertainty which cannot be denied.
However, we voted as a country for it so that is it.

I would hate us to be like a Trump calling foul or whinging about a democratic vote.

And why the personal Shyte to those who voted to either leave or remain.

Our mindset stinks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:21 - Jan 21 with 1301 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 21:18 - Jan 20 by onehunglow

I voted to remain mainly as I fear our country would be isolated. There is uncertainty which cannot be denied.
However, we voted as a country for it so that is it.

I would hate us to be like a Trump calling foul or whinging about a democratic vote.

And why the personal Shyte to those who voted to either leave or remain.

Our mindset stinks

Good post . Democracy wins. Everyone has an opinion and we should respect that.

Login to get fewer ads

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:41 - Jan 21 with 1299 viewsjohnlangy

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:21 - Jan 21 by felixstowe_jack

Correct.
The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 11:51 - Jan 21 with 1287 viewsCatullus

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:21 - Jan 21 by felixstowe_jack

Except that anybody throwing personal shyte around seemingly doesn't respect that.

Some people have very different ideas about democracy.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 06:47 - Jan 22 with 1218 viewsHighjack

The Nissan boss now has said Brexit is a massive positive and gives them a huge competitive advantage.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 07:27 - Jan 22 with 1224 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 11:51 - Jan 21 by Catullus

Except that anybody throwing personal shyte around seemingly doesn't respect that.

Some people have very different ideas about democracy.

Too true. We all have different opinions. Most people want a successful UK just we all different opinions on how to achieve it.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:27 - Jan 22 with 1217 viewspikeypaul

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 06:47 - Jan 22 by Highjack

The Nissan boss now has said Brexit is a massive positive and gives them a huge competitive advantage.

Exactly,just goes to show how clueless the remoaners are,and how they all fell for project fear.Another one is Unilever who are relocating many offices to the UK from the Netherlands now we are OUT.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 11:43 - Jan 22 with 1199 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The vaccine situation in the EU is another cases in point . All the EU countries agreed to a joint purpose of vaccine to ensure a good price and an equitable supply.

Unfortunately they did not order any of the Pfizer vaccine until November 300 million doses. They were another 500 million doses but declined. They decided to wait for the French vaccine so that no one county would benefit from making the vaccine. The French vaccine is unlikely to be ready for another 6 months.

The European commission has threatened to prosecute countries such as Germany and Ireland which are try to order their own supplies.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 14:01 - Jan 22 with 1188 viewsCatullus

The Brexit deal helped then,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-55766314

More good Brexit news, long may it continue!

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:49 - Jan 22 with 1172 viewspikeypaul

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 14:01 - Jan 22 by Catullus

The Brexit deal helped then,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-55766314

More good Brexit news, long may it continue!

Good news for the people who want the UK to do well.

Terrible news for the loser,remoaners who have retreated back under their rocks and hate the fact BREXIT benefited the workers of Nissan,despite years of them telling us it would close the factory.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 17:06 - Jan 22 with 1168 viewsCatullus

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 16:49 - Jan 22 by pikeypaul

Good news for the people who want the UK to do well.

Terrible news for the loser,remoaners who have retreated back under their rocks and hate the fact BREXIT benefited the workers of Nissan,despite years of them telling us it would close the factory.

OUT

AFLI

Mart6 certainly doesn't like good brexit news

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 23:37 - Jan 22 with 1135 viewsDJack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:27 - Jan 22 by pikeypaul

Exactly,just goes to show how clueless the remoaners are,and how they all fell for project fear.Another one is Unilever who are relocating many offices to the UK from the Netherlands now we are OUT.

OUT

AFLI

Nissan had issued stark warnings last year that if the UK left the EU without a trade deal, the resulting tariffs on cars and components would make the Sunderland plant "unsustainable".

So "project fear" was right. A deal with europe was needed for them to stay in UK.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 11:44 - Jan 23 with 1065 viewsCatullus

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 23:37 - Jan 22 by DJack

Nissan had issued stark warnings last year that if the UK left the EU without a trade deal, the resulting tariffs on cars and components would make the Sunderland plant "unsustainable".

So "project fear" was right. A deal with europe was needed for them to stay in UK.

Nope. Project fer said all this would happen if we left, regardless of any deal.

There were liars on both sides, like the brexiteers who moved business abroad lat year, Dyson for example.

Some businesses would have moved anyway for financial reasons, some used brexit as a cover like maybe Tata who moved Jaguar Land Rover and some supported brexit then shafted the country anyway.

Manufacturing will never thrive again in the UK if it is owned by non UK corporations/people or by people only interested in profit...so it never will....unless it is nationalised.

What is startling, in the EU, is the problems they are having with vaccines. Held up anyway because of beaurocracy now there is a manufacturing problem. That probably means the EU economy will suffer for longer and the EU is threatening legal action against member states who try to look after themselves.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 07:13 - Jan 24 with 997 viewspikeypaul

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 11:44 - Jan 23 by Catullus

Nope. Project fer said all this would happen if we left, regardless of any deal.

There were liars on both sides, like the brexiteers who moved business abroad lat year, Dyson for example.

Some businesses would have moved anyway for financial reasons, some used brexit as a cover like maybe Tata who moved Jaguar Land Rover and some supported brexit then shafted the country anyway.

Manufacturing will never thrive again in the UK if it is owned by non UK corporations/people or by people only interested in profit...so it never will....unless it is nationalised.

What is startling, in the EU, is the problems they are having with vaccines. Held up anyway because of beaurocracy now there is a manufacturing problem. That probably means the EU economy will suffer for longer and the EU is threatening legal action against member states who try to look after themselves.

So funny now project fear has been proven to be total BS they try to twist it to say it was ok to leave as long as we got a deal,they must be thanking Bojo now that hes got us that deal that they now say makes brexit ok .

what was their continuous excuse when we pointed out how project fear was just that?
"we`ve not left yet"
well now we have,and i am still waiting for the empty shelves in the super markets,massive inflation, mass redundacies,house market 40% crash,stock market crash,expats made to leave,planes banned from europe,gas and electricity suplies cut off,10 years to get a trade deal with any other country in the world,no medical supplies,banking system crash,the sun wont rise in the morning,etc,etc,etc yes the last was made up but would not be surprised if one of the losers said it going by what we now know of their project fear lies and scaremongering.
They have well and truely been shown to be wrong.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 8:14]

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:56 - Jan 24 with 961 viewsCatullus

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 07:13 - Jan 24 by pikeypaul

So funny now project fear has been proven to be total BS they try to twist it to say it was ok to leave as long as we got a deal,they must be thanking Bojo now that hes got us that deal that they now say makes brexit ok .

what was their continuous excuse when we pointed out how project fear was just that?
"we`ve not left yet"
well now we have,and i am still waiting for the empty shelves in the super markets,massive inflation, mass redundacies,house market 40% crash,stock market crash,expats made to leave,planes banned from europe,gas and electricity suplies cut off,10 years to get a trade deal with any other country in the world,no medical supplies,banking system crash,the sun wont rise in the morning,etc,etc,etc yes the last was made up but would not be surprised if one of the losers said it going by what we now know of their project fear lies and scaremongering.
They have well and truely been shown to be wrong.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 24 Jan 2021 8:14]

What is really big for me is that none of that happened even though we are also in a global pandemic. Covid has caused so much disruption ( that some are desperate to put down to brexit ) and still business carries on, the world keeps going.

I wonder how many remainers think the situation with vaccines shows the EU up? Have they noticed how much the EU's red tape held things up?

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 07:32 - Jan 26 with 820 viewsKilkennyjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 07:27 - Jan 22 by felixstowe_jack

Too true. We all have different opinions. Most people want a successful UK just we all different opinions on how to achieve it.

Its pretty obvious to most that the UK has no future.

Even little old Wales is now awake ....

Well done Brexit.

Beware of the Risen People

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 09:27 - Jan 26 with 801 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 07:32 - Jan 26 by Kilkennyjack

Well done Brexit.

Strange the poll I saw from Scotland said 51% of people wanted a second independence referendum but only 49% wanted independence.

Wales clearly wants to remain part of the UK.

Clearly small samples of voters in polls are often subject to wide swings while a full referendum will give a true reflection.

I am sure you will respect the democratic results of previous and future referendums especially when Scotland gets it's next once in a generation chance. As part of the UK all four countries have greatly benefited from a rapid and equitable roll out of vaccines.

Meanwhile in the EU vaccine chaos in progress as the EU only ordered the Pfizer (German vaccine) and the French vaccines in sufficient quantities to vaccinate all the EU countries citizens .
No sign of the French vaccine ending it's trial yet. Even the Oxford vaccine has still not been approved by the EU.

There is even a rumour that the French pasteur institute is abandoning it vaccine trials.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 9:39]

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:23 - Jan 26 with 781 viewsHighjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 07:32 - Jan 26 by Kilkennyjack

Well done Brexit.

Wait...That graph you posted suggests the exact opposite. Do you actually read what you’re copying and pasting?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:49 - Jan 26 with 771 viewsHighjack

The Swansea Independent BREXIT is done thread on 10:23 - Jan 26 by Highjack

Wait...That graph you posted suggests the exact opposite. Do you actually read what you’re copying and pasting?

And I just noticed it was Guido Fawkes you’re quoting. Are you feeling ok today Kilky? Bit of a deviation from Janice Grieve and that Galsworthy bloke.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 10:57]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024