Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dr Gillian Richardson 18:39 - Dec 31 with 7771 viewspencoedjack

Anyone see her on the Welsh news tonight. Head of rolling out the vaccine in Wales sounds defeated from the start.

Why can’t we have politicians / leaders in Wales who seem positive?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-55496058
[Post edited 31 Dec 2020 18:50]
Dr Gillian Anderson on 14:05 - Jan 1 with 1200 viewsonehunglow

Dr Gillian Anderson on 12:53 - Jan 1 by pencoedjack

Anyone who doesn’t see the need for a relief road to attract business to South Wales is an idiot.

Unfortunately we are governed by a herd of them in Cardiff.

Going off slightly a tangent,the maon reason north and soith Wales are so different is the still appalling road links .

It takes virtually the same time now to travel from Wrexham to Swansea as it did 70 years ago.

We are that far behind.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Dr Gillian Richardson on 18:35 - Jan 1 with 1141 viewsScotia

Dr Gillian Richardson on 11:16 - Jan 1 by Neath_Jack

Oh how I wish we had glorious, forward thinking, truth warriors like Johnson, Gove, Hancock et al.

She should have lied and said she would get everyone done by the end of January, despite us not being given an equal amount of vaccines as the rest of the UK.

I think we have been given an equal amount based on population. If not Drakeford should have been very clear in demanding we had.

All I've seen is Vaughan Gething saying how hard it is to vaccinate care home residents, when Northern Ireland had vaccinated 80% of care home residents before Christmas.

It looks and smells like we're being let down.
Dr Gillian Richardson on 20:53 - Jan 1 with 1112 viewspencoedjack

Dr Gillian Richardson on 18:35 - Jan 1 by Scotia

I think we have been given an equal amount based on population. If not Drakeford should have been very clear in demanding we had.

All I've seen is Vaughan Gething saying how hard it is to vaccinate care home residents, when Northern Ireland had vaccinated 80% of care home residents before Christmas.

It looks and smells like we're being let down.

Correct the vaccine has been distributed evenly % of population.

You just know Gething/Drakeford/Richardson are going to mess this up, I really hope they prove me wrong.
Dr Gillian Anderson on 23:31 - Jan 2 with 1030 viewsKilkennyjack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 12:53 - Jan 1 by pencoedjack

Anyone who doesn’t see the need for a relief road to attract business to South Wales is an idiot.

Unfortunately we are governed by a herd of them in Cardiff.

There can be a road, but not one that goes through the historic Gwent Levels.

Johnson is playing politics.
Please dont tell me that you think that he cares about Wales.

If Johnson hands the extra money offered to our Welsh Government, then they can decide how best to solve the problem. But no, Johnsons offer has strings attached as he plays the populist card.
Nobody in Wales voted for Johnson himself, and few for the hated Tory party.
Johnson has no mandate from wales to game the Devolution settlement.

Transport is devolved, so our elected Welsh Govt makes the decisions. Nobody else.

Beware of the Risen People

Dr Gillian Anderson on 00:12 - Jan 3 with 1021 viewsraynor94

Dr Gillian Anderson on 23:31 - Jan 2 by Kilkennyjack

If Johnson hands the extra money offered to our Welsh Government, then they can decide how best to solve the problem. But no, Johnsons offer has strings attached as he plays the populist card.

Transport is devolved, so our elected Welsh Govt makes the decisions. Nobody else.

So why do so few vote for Plaid Cymru, there are more elected hated Tories in the assembly than there are for Plaid?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dr Gillian Anderson on 00:58 - Jan 3 with 1012 viewsmajorraglan

Of course Johnson is playing politics as is Drakers, as is Sturgeon as is Arlene Philips, they are all in it “to the best for their people” which quite often has a heavy slant of their own narrative and self interest.

I think Drakers cares more about Wales than Johnson because he has to keep the Welsh electorate onboard to retain power, whereas Johnson’s interests will focus far more on middle England where his core supporters are.

Transport is devolved and based on that it should sit with the WG, but this particular road is part of the UK national core infrastructure and needs sorting. The environment needs protecting, but this road has to happen because places like Bristol are booming and we are falling behind, if WG won’t embrace a solution to this issue then I’d be more than happy to listen to Boris proposal with a view to supporting it. If funding was an issue, they could have retained a charge on the Severn bridges and used that revenue to pay for the construction.

We aren’t going to see significant reductions of traffic on the roads, all we are likely to see is increased numbers of electric vehicles so the pollution will disappear while the congestion will remain. The road needs to be built.
Dr Gillian Anderson on 15:23 - Jan 3 with 954 viewsKilkennyjack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 00:58 - Jan 3 by majorraglan

Of course Johnson is playing politics as is Drakers, as is Sturgeon as is Arlene Philips, they are all in it “to the best for their people” which quite often has a heavy slant of their own narrative and self interest.

I think Drakers cares more about Wales than Johnson because he has to keep the Welsh electorate onboard to retain power, whereas Johnson’s interests will focus far more on middle England where his core supporters are.

Transport is devolved and based on that it should sit with the WG, but this particular road is part of the UK national core infrastructure and needs sorting. The environment needs protecting, but this road has to happen because places like Bristol are booming and we are falling behind, if WG won’t embrace a solution to this issue then I’d be more than happy to listen to Boris proposal with a view to supporting it. If funding was an issue, they could have retained a charge on the Severn bridges and used that revenue to pay for the construction.

We aren’t going to see significant reductions of traffic on the roads, all we are likely to see is increased numbers of electric vehicles so the pollution will disappear while the congestion will remain. The road needs to be built.

You are talking bollox.

Transport is devolved.
Thats it. The end.

Only the welsh government decides in Wales.

You might want to reflect on covid working from home arrangements.
Your desired new road could be very empty.

Its not a matter for Johnson.

Dr Gillian Anderson on 16:46 - Jan 3 with 933 viewsmajorraglan

Dr Gillian Anderson on 15:23 - Jan 3 by Kilkennyjack

You are talking bollox.

Transport is devolved.
Thats it. The end.

I said transport was devolved, but I also made the point that the M4 is critical national infrastructure. I am pro WG, but if they can’t or wont sort this out I’d take responsibility away from them. It’s far too important, the future prosperity of our country depends on getting this right.
Login to get fewer ads

Dr Gillian Richardson on 16:55 - Jan 3 with 930 viewsBillyChong

I’d say she’s being reasonably cautious to be fair. How many times have Hancock and co ended up with egg on their face after promising unrealistic figures around testing etc?
Dr Gillian Richardson on 17:15 - Jan 3 with 922 viewsmajorraglan

edit.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 18:23]
Dr Gillian Anderson on 10:03 - Jan 4 with 882 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The road of motorway width would actually only take 1% of the monmouthshire levels. That could easily be replaced if the Welsh government bought adjacent farm land roughly 2% of the levels area and made sure the land was turned over to wetland and wildlife. A very simple solution really .

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Dr Gillian Anderson on 10:05 - Jan 4 with 879 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 15:23 - Jan 3 by Kilkennyjack

You are talking bollox.

Transport is devolved.
Thats it. The end.

No it is a matter for the people of Wales who want the road and even signed a petition calling for it.

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:16 - Jan 4 with 864 viewscontroversial_jack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 10:05 - Jan 4 by felixstowe_jack

No it is a matter for the people of Wales who want the road and even signed a petition calling for it.

The people of Wales don't decide, our representatives do
Dr Gillian Anderson on 18:26 - Jan 4 with 839 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:16 - Jan 4 by controversial_jack

Probably why the Welsh economy is doing so bad when everyone knows the brynglas tunnels congestion is driving investment away.

Dr Gillian Anderson on 21:47 - Jan 4 with 827 viewspencoedjack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 18:26 - Jan 4 by felixstowe_jack

Probably why the Welsh economy is doing so bad when everyone knows the brynglas tunnels congestion is driving investment away.

Some of these idiots would rather see a rare newt not become extinct in Newport than see the Welsh economy grow.

My guess is they are either civil servants or on the dole.
Dr Gillian Anderson on 21:56 - Jan 4 with 815 viewsraynor94

Dr Gillian Anderson on 21:47 - Jan 4 by pencoedjack

Some of these idiots would rather see a rare newt not become extinct in Newport than see the Welsh economy grow.

My guess is they are either civil servants or on the dole.

I suspect the latter

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Dr Gillian Richardson on 08:12 - Jan 15 with 719 viewspencoedjack

Dr Gillian Richardson on 11:16 - Jan 1 by Neath_Jack

Oh how I wish we had glorious, forward thinking, truth warriors like Johnson, Gove, Hancock et al.

She should have lied and said she would get everyone done by the end of January, despite us not being given an equal amount of vaccines as the rest of the UK.

You can add to that those whoever is in charge of the roll out in Scotland & Northern Ireland.

Bottom of the league it’s a travesty
Dr Gillian Anderson on 10:38 - Jan 15 with 669 viewsHighjack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:16 - Jan 4 by controversial_jack

There lies the problem.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:12 - Jan 15 with 656 viewsCatullus

Anybody in Wales who voted Tory voted for Johnson.

Now remind me how many people in Wales voted for Drakeford to be our First minister? I'll help you out, he was elected by Lbour mebers and affilitates, his58.9% of the votes cast means less than 13,000 voted for Drakeford and there was no public vote.

Bojo's Tories got 557,000 votes in their 14 seats.

In the last Sened elections approximately 1,034,000 voted and Labour got just less than 35% of the votes, that's about 362,000 I think.

Now then, Welsh Labour got less support in Wales than the UK Tories, interesting.

If there is to be a road where can it go? I thought there was only one viable route? What are the other options then, where can the road go and why has the Senedd not done anything about it?
On the other hand, they have done a lot towards improving connectivity in and around Cardiff. New rain stations etc are in the pipeline.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:14 - Jan 15 with 655 viewscontroversial_jack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 10:38 - Jan 15 by Highjack

There lies the problem.

That's how our system works, and i'm glad the ppl don't choose, Brexit being an example
Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:32 - Jan 15 with 645 viewsCatullus

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:14 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

That's how our system works, and i'm glad the ppl don't choose, Brexit being an example

Yes but we choose our representatives and they are supposed to represent their constituents, not do as they please.

If the people had been told the truth in the beginning AND if we had been given a vote on Maastricht, we may never have been in this position.

Politicians lie, politicians decieve to get what THEY want.

The people didn't choose Drakeford though, did we? We chose Labour then Jones resigned.It was the same with Bojo until the 2019 General Election when we did choose him, well the majority of seats were won by tories anyway.

Our system is flawed and we need change.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:59 - Jan 15 with 633 viewsHighjack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:14 - Jan 15 by controversial_jack

Glad the people don’t choose? Should we just give all the power back to Her Maj and her rancid offspring like the good old days?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Dr Gillian Richardson on 13:17 - Jan 15 with 621 viewsKilkennyjack

Well done to our fantastic hard working Welsh NHS. ❤️ 🌈
God bless you all.

Dr Gillian Richardson on 13:36 - Jan 15 with 612 viewsCatullus

Dr Gillian Richardson on 13:17 - Jan 15 by Kilkennyjack

Well done to our fantastic hard working Welsh NHS. ❤️ 🌈
God bless you all.

Lions led by donkeys

Dr Gillian Anderson on 17:07 - Jan 15 with 592 viewscontroversial_jack

Dr Gillian Anderson on 11:59 - Jan 15 by Highjack

Glad the people don’t choose? Should we just give all the power back to Her Maj and her rancid offspring like the good old days?

We have a representative democracy not a direct one
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024